Custom Sliders for My Player, No CPU Trades

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Re: Custom Sliders for My Player, No CPU Trades

Postby diamenz on Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:05 pm

you'll have to download tsearch if you want to use puff3r's new values. it's basically the same program you'll just have to learn the new layout.
diamenz

Postby KL4 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Do i have to start new MP-Mode? After i installed the new patch, old adresses still working for me. Please help me.
KL4

Postby KL4 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:24 pm

Now i have correct patch and it is working!
KL4

Postby zkritt on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:31 pm

Puff3r wrote:
Fleabite wrote:You're the man, Puff3r! Thanks a lot! (Y)

Always glad to help. Thank you for helping with the gameplay sliders. I have included them in my next group, and expanded a little. I am shooting to duplicate all of the options that the OP gave us with his great set. Not sure if I'm going to be able to, but it's worth a shot. Here are the updated Gameplay and a few Other options as well. Look for more updates today, hopefully.

***************************************EDIT**************************************

Updated Sliders to include Playoff length and others.

**************************************EDIT 2*************************************

Updated to include My Player Height, Weight, and Minutes.

*************************************EDIT 3**************************************

Coach settings are now included.

I combined the two files you made into one so that I can use them all at the same time. Otherwise I'm stuck with either, I want to use them all... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Former teammate of Jonas Jerebko.
zkritt

Postby Puff3r on Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:02 am

zkritt wrote:I combined the two files you made into one so that I can use them all at the same time. Otherwise I'm stuck with either, I want to use them all... :)

Thanks for the merger, zkritt.

As for the NBA Rules, I am also having troubles narrowing down the correct addresses. I will continue to work on them, but I honestly think they are beyond my skill level for now. That and I am dying to finally get on the court as the Center the Mavericks so desperately need.

Again, thanks to the OP for the original set of values that we all loved so much. And, thank you to everyone that helped me develop this set. If anyone finds any problems with the current version, please let me know and I will address the issues. I mostly just lurk on the forums, but I am here pretty much daily.
Puff3r

Postby zkritt on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:50 am

You can add this to the set: My Player Skill Points, 1CE5484, 4 bytes :)
Former teammate of Jonas Jerebko.
zkritt

Postby diamenz on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:22 pm

zkritt wrote:You can add this to the set: My Player Skill Points, 1CE5484, 4 bytes :)

you're so dirty :P
diamenz

Postby Slatibartfast on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:53 am

Hey, folks. This stuff is terrific. The original set saved NBA 2k12 for me, which had gone unplayed from the first time I saw Miami move Lebron James right after release to the discovery of this thread a few weeks ago. Now that the PC patch promises "reasonable" CPU trades (to the extent such a thing exists), I've trade resetting trades to Yes, but, of course, they changed the hex addresses (and didn't fix speed!).

And yet again, the folks at NLSC ride in to save MyPlayer. However, I can't seem to use TSearch. When I load the process, a little animated smoking man tells me to press the magnifying glass to search, but I can't seem to load the new file you've prepared. Any hints?

And thanks a lot for this. Who would have thunk 2K would morph into EA at roughly the same moment the NBA morphed into the NFL (i.e., became watchable again)?
Slatibartfast

Postby Puff3r on Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:37 am

Slatibartfast wrote:Hey, folks. This stuff is terrific. The original set saved NBA 2k12 for me, which had gone unplayed from the first time I saw Miami move Lebron James right after release to the discovery of this thread a few weeks ago. Now that the PC patch promises "reasonable" CPU trades (to the extent such a thing exists), I've trade resetting trades to Yes, but, of course, they changed the hex addresses (and didn't fix speed!).

And yet again, the folks at NLSC ride in to save MyPlayer. However, I can't seem to use TSearch. When I load the process, a little animated smoking man tells me to press the magnifying glass to search, but I can't seem to load the new file you've prepared. Any hints?

And thanks a lot for this. Who would have thunk 2K would morph into EA at roughly the same moment the NBA morphed into the NFL (i.e., became watchable again)?

This is from the OP:

How to Use (Refer to images for help):
1. Open tsearch or Cheat Engine, and then select nba2k12.exe as the process.
2. Find and load the NBA 2K12 Sliders file that was attached below.
3. Go to NBA 2K12 and set your sliders to your own preference.
4. Now go back to tsearch or Cheat Engine. On tsearch, select all of the addresses by using Ctrl+A and then click the smiley face to freeze the values. On Cheat Engine, select all of the addresses and then hit SPACEBAR to freeze the values. For the Gameplay & Others file, refer to the info below for what values to enter or change.
5. Now that you have frozen the values, go back to NBA 2K12 to save your game or you can test your sliders out in a game.

Here are some new screenshots as the originals were kinda small...

step 1.jpg
step 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Puff3r

Postby MikEst on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:53 am

Is it possible to change the tendencies of My Player with TSearch? If it is, then how? All the values of the tendencies are "0." in TSearch and if I change them nothing happens in NBA 2K12.
MikEst

Postby diamenz on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:40 am

MikEst wrote:Is it possible to change the tendencies of My Player with TSearch? If it is, then how? All the values of the tendencies are "0." in TSearch and if I change them nothing happens in NBA 2K12.

i think that would equate to a pretty big project finding all of those values. you're welcome to try it though.
diamenz

Postby gogadantes on Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:39 pm

MikEst wrote:Is it possible to change the tendencies of My Player with TSearch? If it is, then how? All the values of the tendencies are "0." in TSearch and if I change them nothing happens in NBA 2K12.

This was my main concern as well. But I've found a workaround for it. It's not perfect, but if all you're after is playing with a MP player with your desired tendencies, this makes it possible. You have to start a new MyPlayer game though. This is what you do:

1.Create your player in the regular 'home' mode. Adjust his ratings as desired, and since this is just a regular created player, you can of course adjust his tendencies however you want. Put him in the team that you want to play in MP mode, rotation and all. This is the guy you will use in MP.

2. Save that roster file (optional), and then use this roster to as your MP base, i.e. start up a new MP game with this roster loaded.

3.Create your MP player as usual. Try to make him completely different than your previously made player. Doesn't matter what you do here. Likely you won't see this guy anymore.

4.Go through the Rookie Showcase game and the interviews.

5. Once you're in the MP mode home screen, use the 'NBA Fantasy Genius' trainer available in this forum to change your current MP player to the created player you've created before. Details on how to do this is here:
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=83284&hilit=fantasy+genius

And there you go. I can attest this works. With my previous MP save, even though my player had a 99 pass rating, he virtually never threw fancy passes. Now with a 99 fancy pass tendency player, he throws them left and right like his nickname was Buck :mrgreen:
gogadantes

Postby cyox on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:16 am

thanks for updating these after patch. definitely appreciated. myplayer is basically unplayable without it so big (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) from me.
cyox

Postby donkeyspeed on Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:41 pm

tsearch doesn't work for me as it gives a bex error,anyone have an idea how to convert a tsearch table to a cheat engine table ?
donkeyspeed

Postby Josh8806 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:55 pm

any help with tsearch would be greatly appreciated...Im used to cheat engine, I launch 2k12 and open tsearch only to find that the .exe is no where in the process list? I'm sure it is a simple solution but I'm brain farting right now haha.
Josh8806

Postby asxaxsin on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:22 pm

gogadantes wrote:

This was my main concern as well. But I've found a workaround for it. It's not perfect, but if all you're after is playing with a MP player with your desired tendencies, this makes it possible. You have to start a new MyPlayer game though. This is what you do:

1.Create your player in the regular 'home' mode. Adjust his ratings as desired, and since this is just a regular created player, you can of course adjust his tendencies however you want. Put him in the team that you want to play in MP mode, rotation and all. This is the guy you will use in MP.

2. Save that roster file (optional), and then use this roster to as your MP base, i.e. start up a new MP game with this roster loaded.

3.Create your MP player as usual. Try to make him completely different than your previously made player. Doesn't matter what you do here. Likely you won't see this guy anymore.

4.Go through the Rookie Showcase game and the interviews.

5. Once you're in the MP mode home screen, use the 'NBA Fantasy Genius' trainer available in this forum to change your current MP player to the created player you've created before. Details on how to do this is here:
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=83284&hilit=fantasy+genius

And there you go. I can attest this works. With my previous MP save, even though my player had a 99 pass rating, he virtually never threw fancy passes. Now with a 99 fancy pass tendency player, he throws them left and right like his nickname was Buck :mrgreen:

this doesn't work with the latest patch no more.. any updates on this Fantasy Genius?
asxaxsin

Postby Josh8806 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:04 pm

RSA0627 wrote:Do these work with cheat engine?

I downloaded tsearch(which doesnt load my .exe for some reason), opened the post-patch sliders and just copied the addresses and entered them manually into cheat engine, works very well. Thanks Puf!
Josh8806

Postby SaraG on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:19 am

This doesn't work.

I've tried different combinations and there is absolutely NO CHANGE in the gameplay. I keep shooting 19%, getting blocked, losing the ball... And my teammates suck even worse. I even tried to lower the Reaching Call Foul to 0 and I got fouled out in like two minutes.

Honestly, how is this supposed to work? You're just changing the sliders, which you can already do in-game, but they still don't affect My Player at all.
SaraG

Postby cyox on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:49 am

SaraG wrote:This doesn't work.

I've tried different combinations and there is absolutely NO CHANGE in the gameplay. I keep shooting 19%, getting blocked, losing the ball... And my teammates suck even worse. I even tried to lower the Reaching Call Foul to 0 and I got fouled out in like two minutes.

Honestly, how is this supposed to work? You're just changing the sliders, which you can already do in-game, but they still don't affect My Player at all.

yes they do. it works fine. i have to reload it everytime i restart the game back up for the first time but it takes 2 minutes to make a save file with your correct slider values frozen in and load/apply/save. can see the changed sliders from both the myplayer menu and ingame.
cyox

Postby diamenz on Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:06 am

SaraG wrote:This doesn't work.

you're probably not locking the values after you load the nba 2k12 process and load the file puff3r provided.
diamenz

Postby Josh8806 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:39 pm

Josh8806 wrote:

I downloaded tsearch(which doesnt load my .exe for some reason), opened the post-patch sliders and just copied the addresses and entered them manually into cheat engine, works very well. Thanks Puf!

I made a pretty simple and fast video on what I did, Sorry for the bad quality, just thought this may help people who have the same issue with tsearch as me
:D

Link to Video
http://youtu.be/CEOsFjQrbgU
Josh8806

Postby Puff3r on Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:22 am

Josh8806 wrote:
Josh8806 wrote:

I made a pretty simple and fast video on what I did, Sorry for the bad quality, just thought this may help people who have the same issue with tsearch as me
:D

Link to Video
http://youtu.be/CEOsFjQrbgU

I like the video. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.
Puff3r

Postby cheesewhiz on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:42 am

7 pages, not one has a simple goddamn walk-through. Tried eight different ways, lost my 42-6 progressed my player season on the way trying to do it with a new player. NBA2k12 is in my recycling bin. Fuck this shit.
cheesewhiz

Postby Josh8806 on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:43 pm

cheesewhiz wrote:7 pages, not one has a simple goddamn walk-through. Tried eight different ways, lost my 42-6 progressed my player season on the way trying to do it with a new player. NBA2k12 is in my recycling bin. Fuck this shit.

There is no need for that here. The people on these forums do their best to help each other out in a respectful manner. That being said, we are not here for your convenience and this thread promises no walk-through. You are simply looking in the wrong areas for what you want. I suggest digging deeper or respectfully asking for help instead of going on a senseless whiny rant.
Josh8806

Postby Leftos on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:13 pm

cheesewhiz wrote:7 pages, not one has a simple goddamn walk-through. Tried eight different ways, lost my 42-6 progressed my player season on the way trying to do it with a new player. NBA2k12 is in my recycling bin. Fuck this shit.

Great post to introduce yourself to a community man.

You can always get out the way you came in.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby crashin on Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:19 pm

I noticed theredsuns on page 3 also got some of these, so credits to him too

Addresses to get 99 maximum possible rating (not limited to the set lower numbers game gives) for shooting guard,4 byte.

set them to 99, then go to your My-Player attributes and get it to 99 like you did the others.

There's actually some in-between and after if you need different ones for a different position (sg/pg,c,pf,sf), but I didn't need them so I didn't map out each addresses.. They're all basically together if you just go to the memory region

Shot Low Post - 01320079

Standing Dunk - 0132007C

Pass - 01320082

Defensive Clutch - 01320084
Defensive Low Post - 01320085
Block - 01320086
Offensive Rebounding - 0132008D
Defensive Rebounding - 0132008E

Strength - 01320096

My shooting guard still won't do a standing dunk, so not sure how useful it is. :p
crashin

Postby fjswish on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:44 am

Oh wow Puff3r thank's a LOT! I started using Tsearch and with your file it works awesome.
I just have a couple of questions.
Is there anything in the game to make my player throw flashy passes more often? I have like 96 passing and 95 ball handling
I've noticed that when you crank up the values to 100 in shooting, not only me but my teammates are also like that, I know it is different 'User' and 'CPU', but since they are in my team and I'm kinda controlling them, does that make them 'User'?

Thanks
Great Job
Nba 2k12 was almost unplayable without this.
I had great games so far, because I like to set the sliders up for both CPU and User and have a competitive game.
fjswish

Postby carnival2010 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:38 am

thanks!!!!!! :D
carnival2010

Postby Leftos on Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:55 am

franqito10 wrote:Oh wow Puff3r thank's a LOT! I started using Tsearch and with your file it works awesome.
I just have a couple of questions.
Is there anything in the game to make my player throw flashy passes more often? I have like 96 passing and 95 ball handling
I've noticed that when you crank up the values to 100 in shooting, not only me but my teammates are also like that, I know it is different 'User' and 'CPU', but since they are in my team and I'm kinda controlling them, does that make them 'User'?

Thanks
Great Job
Nba 2k12 was almost unplayable without this.
I had great games so far, because I like to set the sliders up for both CPU and User and have a competitive game.

Set Offensive Awareness to 100. Star PGs will now see the floor much better, throwing better and more often flashier passes.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby tonzo on Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:48 am

Would it be possible to increase the value of each basket (like making it worth 5 points instead of 2)?
tonzo

Postby tyblos on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:55 pm

someone can make a cheat engine update sliders pls
tyblos

Postby Josh8806 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 am

This is incomplete but has some of the basic ability and success rate sliders for cheat engine. Please let me know if it works.
Josh8806

Postby MikEst on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:22 am

Anyone have the post-patch address for player position?
MikEst

Postby weskerdoomz on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:13 pm

can you post big picture?
Roster Update!

Click ->WeskerDoomz NBA 2K12 Roster
weskerdoomz

Postby mojiindy on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:14 pm

where is sliders? :?:
mojiindy

Postby weskerdoomz on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:30 pm

JM can you post video about NBA 2K12 My player No CPU Trade and Sliders?

or instruction

thanks for advance!
Roster Update!

weskerdoomz

Postby weskerdoomz on Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:32 pm

i have old my player, then i try this cheat doesn't work

i need to create new my player?
Roster Update!

weskerdoomz

Postby feedtheworld on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:27 am

Any help please? I really dont know where to enter the codes :( i want to change my position from PG to SG. Please help...
feedtheworld

Postby yung prime on Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:58 am

can some1 help me plz cheat engine not changing my values now
it worked before
yung prime

Postby saffir99b on Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:30 am

One question about these sliders, how am I supposed to put them into the file? Should I use 1 to represent 100, 0 to represent 0, and a decimal value in between(say, 40 for .40?) I used savantopus's sliders from earlier in the thread, and put the values as I just said, but nobody misses anything.

Edit: N/M, I think 0 is the halfway point!
saffir99b

Postby free24ride1 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:13 pm

saffir99b wrote:One question about these sliders, how am I supposed to put them into the file? Should I use 1 to represent 100, 0 to represent 0, and a decimal value in between(say, 40 for .40?) I used savantopus's sliders from earlier in the thread, and put the values as I just said, but nobody misses anything.

Since you use savantopus slider, can you tell me your gameplay settings? He didn't list it. What are the gameplay settings, should it be real % or shot stick? Game speed? Clutch factor on? etc.
free24ride1

Postby tyblos on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:32 pm

the only thing is that you in cheatengine you can open all the sliders at the same time, with tsearch i have to open one at the time :S
tyblos

Postby quemajor on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:20 am

Hi Guys,
This is my first contribution in any form, but I hope it's helpful.

After installing the patch(PC) I noticed all addresses changed(They normally do after a patch update), so I needed to remap the new addresses in my table.
I use CE and MHS(L. Spiro). I have posted my CT file for those having trouble after installing the newest patch from 2k.

There are three extra addresses added:-
a) My Player Skill Points = "SkiPoints"
b) My Player Money = "MoneyAdd"
c) Allow Trade(0 = Not Allow and 1 = Allow[affects the whole team in-season, not off-season]) Note: If your MP request a trade you will get traded if the team is willing to trade you). Why the My Player money? Simple, I wanted the Ray Allen shooting for shooting base and MJ shooting for the shooting form. I also wanted to have the MJ and Lebron dunk package, and for these you need more money.

After editing those I put the money back to the original amount, close CE and play the game. I don't use TSearch, so I can't answer any questions to that particular program.
Last edited by quemajor on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
quemajor

Postby ideaL_27 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:06 am

Thanks for all the hard work :applaud: :bowdown:
what about the DRAFT address?
ideaL_27

Postby saffir99b on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:50 am

free24ride1 wrote:
saffir99b wrote:One question about these sliders, how am I supposed to put them into the file? Should I use 1 to represent 100, 0 to represent 0, and a decimal value in between(say, 40 for .40?) I used savantopus's sliders from earlier in the thread, and put the values as I just said, but nobody misses anything.

Since you use savantopus slider, can you tell me your gameplay settings? He didn't list it. What are the gameplay settings, should it be real % or shot stick? Game speed? Clutch factor on? etc.

From his post:

Gameplay:
Difficulty- Pro (For now I use pro because I play with player lock turned on so that I only control one guy at a time for the whole game... which makes the game more difficult... this is realism. I have tried these sliders with All Star and the stats do change slightly... so be aware of a slight change and change them accordingly... but the general gameplay is the same... I will update a new slider settings specific to All Star soon in the future. .)
Game Style- Custom
Game Speed- 40 (Move this down from 50... its easier to control your guy and make better decisions with the ball)
Quarter Length- 12
Fatigue- On
Injuries- On
Clutch Factor- On
Shooting Type- Shot Stick Timing (I would prefer Real Player % but I found that even if you release perfect everytime, the player will miss more often when Real Player % is turned on. I have tried and tested this during the practice mode, analyzing the shot quality feedback. I think this is a glitch coming from 2k... has anyone else noticed this??)
FT Shooting Type- Real Player %
Free Throw Difficulty- 50

Although after a couple of games, I don't think these particular sliders might be all that for My Player. CPU seems too dominant, either that or it's because my team is the Warriors.
saffir99b

Postby bobozagreb on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:19 pm

Anyone found out address or something to disable Goaltending? I get frustrated with my big man called goaltending so often...
bobozagreb

Postby weskerdoomz on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:52 pm

quemajor wrote:Hi Guys,

After installing the patch(PC) I noticed all addresses changed(They normally do after a patch update), so I needed to remap the new addresses in my table.
I use CE and MHS(L. Spiro). I have posted my CT file for those having trouble after installing the newest patch from 2k.

c) Allow Trade(0 = Not Allow and 1 = Allow[affects the whole team in-season, not off-season]) Note: If your MP request a trade you will get traded if the team is willing to trade you). Why the My Player money? Simple, I wanted the Ray Allen shooting for shooting base and MJ shooting for the shooting form. I also wanted to have the MJ and Lebron dunk package, and for these you need more money.

After editing those I put the money back to the original amount, close CE and play the game. I don't use TSearch, so I can't answer any questions to that particular program.

i have old player and this work? or i create new my player to work this?
Roster Update!

weskerdoomz

Postby ajonvaliente on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:55 pm

hey guys,,,
someone know how to edit the dominant hand for my player??
coz i really want to change my left dominant hand to right..
ajonvaliente

Postby quemajor on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:22 pm

weskerdoomz wrote:
quemajor wrote:Hi Guys,

i have old player and this work? or i create new my player to work this?

It should work, at least it did for me. However, I am always trying new things so creating a new player has never been an issue, but your old player should work.
quemajor

Postby kyon14 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:12 am

Has anyone been able to find the addresses for the tendencies? I've tested the Chinese trainer but it only changes the numbers, not the real tendencies. I mean I can change my player's tendencies in the player card but the numbers doesn't reflect his performance in the game. I got his shot tendency and shot inside tendency to 99 but he only shoots 6-10 shots a game. I tried simming it for about 10 games and same results, averaging 12 pts and 4.6 boards even with a 99 shot tendency.
kyon14

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12