Bugs & Glitches Thread

Talk about NBA 2K12 here.

Re: Bugs & Glitches Thread

Postby JaoSming on Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:20 am

SpedY wrote:the ai on my team in quick game is retarded. seriously when i play as rondo guarding jason kidd, KG just comes up to double team leaving dirk wide open. kidd wasnt even on fire yet kg still went. if you watched that chris smoove video where the players just left their defender to go to the paint leaving shooters open

I think there are some slider or coaching adjustments that alleviate that issue, but I forgot where I found them (OS probably)
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Joe K on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:53 pm

Came across a pretty stupid bug in My Player Mode. I'm in my first season and a starter with 41 min to play in a game. Now i got voted to the All-Star game as a reserve and played like 12 min. After the game the rotation has been reset and now I'm 7th with only 12 min to play. And there have been no injuries or anything for my team to change that.
It annoys me because I don't want to play another 10 games with low minutes until they go up again.
Joe K

Postby kAmilli LakeShow on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:39 pm

Man, FUCK NBA 2k12 AI defense! The issue is two sided - when you are on offense, bumps are there, ALL THE TIME, on the lay-ups, on the drives. But when u defend - Big guy can just lay in over your much bigger guy as if he is not even there. Hell, if it was only big guys. Also, free throw system is RETARDED. I get hit with a lot of free throws only cuz of retarded lay-ups system. Instead of creating bumps on the lay-ups, what happens is they lay-up and if u just touch their hand it's a foul. No, Nate Robinson can't go into Lakers paint and get barely hit when both Andrew, Gasol and Kobe are all on him. Instead of going shoulder first into Bynum to create contact, Nate just goes up ike nothin and gets touched by Drew and i get hit with a foul. WTF
kAmilli LakeShow

Postby juanpablo2k12 on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:42 pm

player on the bench...not sitting on their benches as well as the coaches...hahaha...sometimes i got coaches sitting in the mid court...awesome! :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juanpablo2k12

Postby debiler on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:23 am

Whoa! This is something that will keep my long-time motivation to a minimum: Created players (CPU-created rookies in Association, too) have all cold zones! :shock: That sucks big time, cause there's no way to edit those!
Confucius say: "Man go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."
debiler

Postby karlsanada10 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Annoying bug ever!

Keep having this "freeze" in random after the in-between quarter cutscenes(halftime reports,etc.) it stays black. I need to close it through task manager, uninstall it since still using my laptop and it's a waste of time because it's not playable at all. Happens on Association and MP, not on quick game though.
karlsanada10

Postby T-Time3 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:12 am

PC
My player
i can never view my frickin endorsements bill board,magazine cover nothing.
everytime i view the endorsement my pc freeze and i had to manually shut it down and power it on again.
it happens to me everytime.

i mean what's the point of playing MP if you never see your player on a magazine cover or on a city billboard
f'ckin my player bug is really pissing me off
T-Time3
Always Showtime...

Postby leovince23 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:12 pm

SkyLine03LT wrote:Hey guys, does your game get stuck sometimes, then goes back to the way it was? Mine gets frozen for 1 to 10 seconds every 7 minutes or so.

do you have the pc version? i get that problem too..
leovince23

Postby JaoSming on Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Whenever I try to quit a Blacktop game to go back to the menu, I crash to desktop, can anyone else confirm?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby mike879 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:20 am

hi jao. doesnt happen to me.

but i think i have experience this crashing a couple of times. normally i get this after i quit either myplayer, or association, or blacktop, and the game does the "loading rosters". i think this has something to do with a corrupted roster file.
mike879

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:38 am

leovince23 wrote:
SkyLine03LT wrote:Hey guys, does your game get stuck sometimes, then goes back to the way it was? Mine gets frozen for 1 to 10 seconds every 7 minutes or so.

do you have the pc version? i get that problem too..

I've recently been getting something like but it would eventually turn into a stuttering loop where my computer was not responsive enough to end any programs or move the mouse around every second or so. My computer ends up blue screening. It may be unrelated to the issues you are having.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lowtuneduser on Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:40 am

my nba 2k12 won't start unless connected to internet, fixed firewall turn off/on whatever still i encountered this problem when not connected to internet.

need help bout this. really appreciated.

thanks!
lowtuneduser

Postby Shades on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:00 pm

2 things,

I'm doing a 14game association mode.
1. At half time the guy who tells you about the other games tells you about the games but no images of the scores comes up its just a blue HP background
2. When you go to look at the award races all my team members are in the MVP list. Why? its not like i play more minutes (play 5, sim 8) they aren't dominating. The weird thing is that tony douglas was in there (if thats not weird enough already) then i traded him and got michael conley and then conley straight away was in the MVP rankings

???????
Shades

Postby volvic on Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:08 pm

I've noticed that the time on top of the shotclock and the time shown in the score overlay don't match. There's a slight delay of 1 sec.
volvic

Postby JaoSming on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:12 pm

this is interesting

phpBB [video]
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Space Jam!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby _Steve_ on Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:38 am

They implemented the force shot!
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:52 am

Someone needs to add a card referencing the lockout at the end of that video.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Alzaga on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:51 pm

MY PLAYER STATUS. after i finished 1 season i won the NBA CHAMPIONSHIP. and i start playing 3games of 2012-2013season. then i decided to retire.. after the press conference. they will show my PHOTO album of Milestone, my drafted night, my first game, my 500 3 points, my first all star game, but when the slideshow is my first NBA Championship, there is no picture.. it's just BLACK, then next the picture of my press conference... how can i fix that?
God is with Us!!!
Alzaga

Postby momentousceltic on Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm having an issue loading replays and I can't seem to isolate it.

I have some replays that will load just fine and others that make me crash to the desktop whenever I try to load them. Anyone else experience this? This happened in 2K11 as well but not all the time. I'd say out of every 10 replays I loaded maybe 1 or 2 would make me C2D. But now, in 2K12, some replays are completely broken. I've been sitting here trying to load one replay for about 20 mins and I've crashed to the desktop every single time.
momentousceltic

Postby JaoSming on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:41 am

try loading them in different ways, through the HP Menu, Reelmaker, and the Open/Load menu. If that doesnt work...well, I had that issue too and only Reelmaker would work yet others would crash Reelmaker but load otherwise.

What teams? And who was the home team?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby momentousceltic on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:57 am

I had like 4-5 replays from Bucks @ Bulls and all of them made me C2D every time. I went and saved a replay with Bulls @ Bucks and it loaded just fine, so it seems to be an issue with Chicago at home.

Edit: I don't think you can load through Option>Load/Save anymore. When you use that it doesn't list any replays.
momentousceltic

Postby JaoSming on Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:08 am

thanks, yea I obviously didnt try, just going off memory.

I'll try it out with Bulls at home tonight, see what comes of it
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:08 am

Try removing any mods you have installed. You could even give someone else the file and see if they can load it.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby momentousceltic on Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:54 pm

Nope, just reinstalled and still crashes.
momentousceltic

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K12