Changing Playoffs logo
** Guys for this tutorial I extract the images using JerseyEditor 1.1, but I think Mod Tool can be useful too **
1) Open JerseyEditor 1.1 and load “gamedata.iff”, select Textures and look for the sequence 83
2) Click on the image and extract it (has .bmp)
3) Open your photoshop program and upload the .bmp Playoffs image
4) Also, open the image that will replace the Playoffs logo (I’ll use 2001 NBA Playoffs logo)
4.1) The new image you have to edit it and reduce or increase its size, adjust it to a similar size of the original logo.
4.2) Then the new logo needs to be turned; press “Ctrl + T” and go to the “H” letter (or “set vertical scale”) and you only have to add a minus (“-“) before 100 and woala, you turned the image.
5) Now let’s have fun. First select Eyedropper Tool and grab the predominant blue color (#00275d).
6) Then, create a new layer and paint it with the blue color that you have
7) After that, go to the “Channels” tab… there you’ll see the RGB (Red, Green & Blue) and Alpha channels, select this last one (Alpha) and press “Ctrl + A” so you’ll select all the image.
8) Now you have to paint with black all the image. Deselect the image and then click RBG channel, now you can return to “Layers” tab.
9) Drag your new logo (the turned one) to the .bmp image and place it almost in the same place than the original logo
10) Press Ctrl and click up the image in “Layer section” (see image below) now you have selected the new logo.
11) Go to “Channels” tab and select Alpha Channel. Charge paint bucket tool with White color and paint the selection (step 10), you have changed the alpha Channel
12) Return to Layer tab (after you click in RGB), check you have all layers visible (the new logo, blue layer, and original one) and merge all of them. Press “Ctrl + S” and you have a new .bmp logo image.
13) Exit from Photoshop and return to JerseyEditor. Now drag the new .bmp file up the 83 sequence and BINGO you had changed the logo.
14) Execute your game and see the results
Thats all, have fun