Change the Quarter Length in Jordan Challenge

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K11.

Re: [Tutorial] How to get 12 min quarters in Jordan mode

Postby rk755 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:26 am

cerebus23 wrote:grats :) it is not so hard is it?

If that was directed at me, regarding finding the address, then it sure wasn't. I don't know why I had any trouble at first, but I couldn't, for the life of me, find it using tsearch. Decided to download Cheat Engine and try it there, and first try - voila. There it was. Could probably look for more, but with what's been found so far, I don't think there's a real need for that...
rk755

Postby cerebus23 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:47 am

probably could find it if you searched for the value of the time outs, not really looked at it, if you could change them in menu then proably real easy to find, else you would have to search for the timeouts and research each time you took one and might find it that way.
cerebus23

Postby Hedonist on Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:59 am

lol I was just kidding ;)
Red rim is not sim!
Hedonist

Postby cerebus23 on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:36 am

oh so hard to read kidding in text form :).
cerebus23

Postby Hedonist on Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:14 am

I used 2 smilies :cheeky: :P
Red rim is not sim!
Hedonist

Postby LittleMan on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:05 am

where do u get the memory editor .please thx
LittleMan

Postby cerebus23 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:36 am

try google search for "cheat engine download"
cerebus23

Postby iantsai031545 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:42 pm

It is pretty useful~

Now i can complete MJ mode easier

but fewer minutes is more challenged :D
iantsai031545

Postby cerebus23 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:58 am

iantsai031545 wrote:It is pretty useful~

Now i can complete MJ mode easier

but fewer minutes is more challenged :D

or heck the defensive challenges on longer games :)
cerebus23

Postby adriano10 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:16 am

Guys, i am playing My Player Mode, but quater length is 5 mins, can someone tell me how to change my minutes to 10 in tsearch? Thanks guys hope someone answer me

P.S. Sorry for my bad English
adriano10

Postby Hedonist on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:31 am

If you just read the thread carefully then you can figure it out yourself, but you don't even need a cheat program to change the minutes in My Player mode, you can just edit it in the game this year.
Red rim is not sim!
Hedonist

Postby adriano10 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:43 am

Hedonist wrote:If you just read the thread carefully then you can figure it out yourself, but you don't even need a cheat program to change the minutes in My Player mode, you can just edit it in the game this year.

Well i changed but not in the game, because i was not can find how, but not important now, my quaters are 10 minutes. Anyway thansk for your respond.
adriano10

Postby Roie316 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:28 pm

cerebus23 wrote:the newest version of cheatengine actually has a decent tutorial included with it, which gives you the basics of finding values and adding cheats yourself. i think more people should actually check it out and follow the instructions step by step. :)

but yes the game must be running nba 2k11 that is, and cheatengine must be running (or tsearch) then you select the nba2k11.exe then add the address manually cheatengine has a little button on the right hand side about mid way down says "add address manually" there you plug in the address, after you do you should see whatever you have the quarter lengths defaulted to in the game options.

If you search 8 which jordan challenge is fixed at you will never be able to find the value cause you cannot change that number. but if you went into the options/my nba settings/gameplay setting in the general menu and looked at the quarter length setting which you can see plain as day and change right there you can find that address in 3 or 4 scans.

so say we are at the menu and the default quarter minutes is 10 (which i think the game is defaulted to initially), now we tab out goto ce (cheatengine) and do a first scan looking for an "exact value", and a "4 byte" value type, your first scan will likely turn out a couple hundred thousand addresses.

But once that is done one of those addresses is the value we are looking for. So now we narrow it down, we tab back into nba 2k11 and change the quarter length setting to say 8 from 10, now we tab back out and go back to ce and and add 8 as the new value to search for and click on "next scan" now we have maybe a few thousand addresses.

Now we go back into the game and change the quarter length again to something else and then do another next scan in ce for that value. And now we have a few 100 addresses.

This is the basics of finding set values in games that you can alter and search for easily. It is not that hard once you get the hang of it.

But for our purposes the game stores the quarter length setting in one specific memory address. When you are in all modes that default quarter length setting is loaded in memory. Now if we entered into jordan challenge and started a game that quarter length setting would be automatically switched to 8.

So if you were to tab out and look at that address while in jordan mode we could see that it went from 10 to 8 after we started a game. So if we take that initial address we found and set it to 12 and then went into ce and clicked the checkbox next to the address that says "frozen" now we have locked that memory address and next time you start a jordan challenge game the game will be unable to rewrite that memory address and we will see that when we go into that next game the game takes the value we have locked in ce.

I can probably scare up some screens but you got the thing on your monitor in front of you and the interface is not that complex :) If you lock ce on the 2k11.exe and add that address i listed manually you should immediately get the proper address for quarter length.

Hope this clears some things up.

Thanks first of all! :)
I got it right with the quarter length. But the problem was to me when I wanted to change other gameply settings like free throw diffuclty, shooting type and diffuclty, I can't find the values.
By the way I did read a little bit of the tutorial of cheat engine which helped alot, but still I can't figured it out...
Roie316

Postby cerebus23 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:50 pm

well i think on main forum page is a thread for tsearch with the values for that part of the game. he included a file you can load all the addresses and carry them over into other modes. you can try that. :)

took a quick look and i could not find them, searching for the levels in the options. tried all kind of different searches and failed out each time.
cerebus23

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:04 pm

Moving this to the new Tutorials section.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K11 Tutorials & FAQs