NBA2K11 2013-2014 Season COMPLETE UPDATE!!

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K11 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA2K11 2013-2014 Season COMPLETE UPDATE!!

Postby levynagy on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:07 am

On a second look (before I go to bed), the original roster file has Player Type 6 (which shouldn't exist according to REDitor tutorials!) for many players. As soon as you touch anything in the file that value will cause errors to the file: I changed arena and team names but some of the names disappeared... So yeah, whoever works with this file should start correcting that value first.

It is way too much work to do for me because if I would do it I would change all players to Player Type 5 to become fully editable (and so correct their names) then give them nicknames and add -1 value to their Audio ID to avoid being called ABC so the game can also recognize them when on the court, pick up their name from the in-game list of names and spell their name correctly.

P.S. I also re-installed the game and updated with this mod and there are a few CFs missing.
levynagy

Postby mtdub on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:58 am

The roster needs a little work but its a lot further than i was getting as i was in the process of making a current roster. My problem is i just jumped on the pc modding bandwagon last year when nba 2k13 came out and i knew nothing about modding when 2k11 was current so im having a hard time finding the resources and editing tools to update 2k11. I have downloaded reditor and i cant get it to open a roster file. The free or demo version that is so i cant even apply a cyberface to my created players which has been driving me crazy. i can edit rosters with that chinese trainer but havent figured out how to apply a cyberface to my created players. Man how i wish i was around when 2k11 was current and been able to get a current reditor. In the last year i bought 11-14 but as a whole i still like 11 the best and im going to do my darnest to keep it alive. I like 14 also as far as gameplay goes but i just cant get over 2k11 graphics, the globals made for 11 where freaking amazying. Im going in hard on learning how to make floors, stadiums,jerseys and etc. 2k11 in my opinion deserves to stay alive for as long as possible
mtdub

Postby mtdub on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:28 am

This roster has greg oden starting for the heat Lol. I thought that was funny because i dont think anyone imagined him starting, at least not this year anyway. I really dont care about the ratings as i will go in and change them when the season really gets to rolling to be up to date as possible but greg oden starting is funny stuff man. Im glad to have this base tho.
mtdub

Postby gentwo3three on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:55 am

Anyone can edit the patch and can make the rosters more updated :)
"Many were called, but only few were chosen, and among the chosen few, only the best and the brightest shall remain."
gentwo3three

Postby W3STSiD399 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:11 pm

siraulo23 wrote:Hmm, the roster provided with the files is all good sans for a outdated transactions mainly suns wizards trade, ie gortat

The only problem is the box team names, otherwise no blank names, i havent encountered missing cyberfacd, black arms ok white players

Lev's roster fixes the team names but a quite a few blank names

Its all good if you dont mind the box team names haha

Is their any sort of other mods you may have put in? because my only problem is the cyberfaces, i can deal with the team names.
W3STSiD399

Postby mtdub on Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:44 pm

^^ it could be possible that if you had last years total update installed thats in the download section that there might not be as many cyberfaces missing from this mod as they where already in the game from last year
mtdub

Postby W3STSiD399 on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:46 pm

mtdub wrote:^^ it could be possible that if you had last years total update installed thats in the download section that there might not be as many cyberfaces missing from this mod as they where already in the game from last year

No, I just downloaded the game today and got this new mod. Other people are saying they had this problem to with a new install, if your not what could you have done that a new install wouldn't have?
W3STSiD399

Postby aslanhasan on Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:22 pm

So disappointed :(

Lot of player don't have head,lot of player have white body,lot of player have no names

The coach don't update (vinny del negro coach of boston WTF ?! )

I'm gonna delete et play with actual roster but not with the rookie of this years :cry:

Pelicans and Nets court not here ...

Thank you guys anyway ! :bowdown2:

I'm wait for this update since 2 weeks and i have to wait 3 days for dowload so just disappointed

Is possible to have a "map" for this update,can we now what files take to have rookie cyberface for example ?
aslanhasan

Postby gentwo3three on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:33 pm

I WILL UPDATE THE MISSING CYBERFACES SOON :)
"Many were called, but only few were chosen, and among the chosen few, only the best and the brightest shall remain."
gentwo3three

Postby mtdub on Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:50 am

^^ A lot of the missing cyberfaces are in that total update mod from last year so that would be a good place to start if you have that update. Anthony Davis, kyrie irving, Dion Waiters, Chandler Persons, Enes Kanter and etc are all in last years update i just have no way of opening the roster to see what png numbers were being used so that i could change them. i was on the verge of playing the guessing game lol.
mtdub

Postby levynagy on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:09 am

aslanhasan wrote:So disappointed :(

Lot of player don't have head,lot of player have white body,lot of player have no names

The coach don't update (vinny del negro coach of boston WTF ?! )

I'm gonna delete et play with actual roster but not with the rookie of this years :cry:

Pelicans and Nets court not here ...

Thank you guys anyway ! :bowdown2:

I'm wait for this update since 2 weeks and i have to wait 3 days for dowload so just disappointed

Is possible to have a "map" for this update,can we now what files take to have rookie cyberface for example ?

I hear you brother... For me the biggest disappointment is how people edit the roster files in general not just in this one! There are so many issues with them not to mention the game crashes when you least expect it (not this mod, yet). In my opinion the roster file is the most important part of the game because depending on it is how the gameplay (and the game itself) works. People nowadays don't pay attention to details that's why we usually get updates of the CFs, arenas, and so on but people should really focus on the realism of the game: player bios, ratings, tendencies. And what's the saddest experience for you as a gamer if not having a good looking game (2K12 comes to my mind but 2K13 is not far from it) but unplayable?!

As I said I won't commit to this project but I will check in from time to time to assist anyone who is up to the challenge and trying to make this mod work. I've looked into the file again and I have recognized most of the players who had blank names. I've added names to them but there are still a few missing. Also, there's an error in this file caused by the original editing: whenever you change the name for some of the players with no names (let's say with ABC), the game and REDitor replaces the names of another handful of players on the roster with the same name (ABC) which makes me guess many players were cloned in the first place. To be honest I never dealt with this before and I am not sure how to get out of here. If anyone has a solution feel free to share it and maybe then I can make a playable roster file for you.
levynagy

Postby aslanhasan on Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:58 am

anyone know where i can found Pelicans,Wizards and Nets Jersey,logo and court ? And Franck Vogel Cyberface to ?
aslanhasan

Postby mtdub on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:09 am

^^ All the missing cyberfaces is the deal breaker for me, i hate seeing a bunch of players running around with no head. As far as ratings goes i was going to adjust those anyway so thats not a biggy but the missing cyberfaces i dont care much for. Theres a lot of cyberfaces for this years rookies but a lot of last years rookies are missing. I dont get that but as i said before last years update had some of those rookie cyberfaces i just dont know what png number to change the png to on this roster to apply to what player. But i agree with you levy there is not enough put into the accuracy of the roster to get realistic gameplay. For some its all about shoes, accesseries. But it is nice to get the pelicans court and jerseys plus brooklyn.
mtdub

Postby mtdub on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:02 am

I went through the whole roster and there is a whopping 98 cyberfaces missing. royce white(76ers)lavoy allen(76ers)kemba walker is wrong color(bobcats)kidd gilchrist is wrong color(bobcats)bismack biyombo(bobcats)brandon knight(bucks)gary neal (bucks)vyacheslav kravtsov(bucks)john henson(bucks)ishmael smith(bucks)khris middleton(bucks)marquis teague(bulls)jimmy butler(bulls)kyrie irving(cavs)dion waiters(cavs)tristian thompson(cavs)tyler zeller(cavs)marshon brooks(celts)jared sullinger(celts)fab melo(celts)jon leur(griz)tony wroten(griz)gustavo ayon(hawks)jared cunningham(hawks)john jenkins(hawks)norris cole(heat)anthony davis(pelicans)austin rivers(pelicans)greg stiemsma(pelicans)darius miller(pelicans)brian roberts(pelicans)alec burks(jazz)enes kanter(jazz)jerel mcneal(jazz)isaiah thomas(kings)jimmer fredette(kings)iman shumpert(knicks)pablo prigioni(knicks)jeremy taylor(knicks)robert sacre(lakers)andrew nicholson(magic)nikola vucevic(magic)maurice harkness(magic)tobias harris(magic)ronnie price(magic)etwann moore(magic)doron lamb(magic)kyle o'quinn(magic)jae crowder(mavs)bernard james(mavs)mirza teletovic(nets)tornike shengelia(nets)tyshawn taylor(nets)alan anderson(nets)kenneth faried(nuggets)jordan hamilton(nuggets)evan fournier(nuggets)quincy miller(nuggets)orlando johnson(pacers)andre drummond(pistons)kyle singler(pistons)terrance ross(raps)jonas valanciunas(raps)quincy acy(raps)chandler parsons(rockets)omer asik is wrong color(rockets)donatas motiejunas(rockets)terrence jones(rockets)kawhi leonard(spurs)nando decolo(spurs)cory joseph(spurs)markieff morris(suns)marcus morris(suns)kendeal marshall(suns)pj tucker(suns)malcolm lee(suns)jeremy lamb(thunder)reggie jackson(thunder)perry jones(thunder)ricky rubio(timberwolves)derrick williams(timberwolves)alexey shved(timberwolves)damian lillard(trailblazers)thomas robinson(trailblazers)joel freeland(blazers)victor claver(blazers)meyers leonard(blazers)terrel harris(blazers)will barton(blazers)harrison barnes(warriors)klay thompson(warriors)kent bazemore(warriors)draymond green(warriors)festus ezeli(warriors)bradley beal(wizards)chris singleton(wizards)jan vesely(wizards)
mtdub

Postby mtdub on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:15 am

^^ geez i didnt realize there was that many missing until i went thru the roster but like i mentioned some of the faces are with the update pack from last year tho im sure a lot of those from last year where generic. With this many cybers missing it really makes this roster unplayable unless you like watching a bunch of players running around like chickens with there heads cut off. i wondering if there are missing files to this mod because its hard to imagine a mod being released with this many players without cyberfaces even if it was generics. if anyone can help please do as i dont have a roster editor to open the roster to figure out player and cyberface ids. i have to do all my player edits in game or through chinese trainer. the only problem is you cant add cybers trough either smh. Even if there was a list of ids that would be a big help.
mtdub

Postby siraulo23 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:26 am

I recommend getting the 400 ish mb file from the other thread

That plus gen's two files and i have no problem with black arms on white players, no heads and missing cyberfaces etc...

Its pretty good
siraulo23

Postby mtdub on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:12 am

Siraulo23 are you talking about the NBA TGU 2014 thread. If you are, i seen a link about a week ago to that chinese site that had that file that was 405 mb i tried to download from that site but my resources wouldnt let me. i dont have internet thru my cpu at the moment i got like one of these little kindle type thingy thingy things and my browser was not supported. Could you upload that 400 file to mediafire or is that asking for to much. i already got the other two from gen. i know a lot of people are having problems with cybers, u seem to be the only one that dont so it has to be that file thats the key. as i believe the two files from gen came from that forum.
mtdub

Postby siraulo23 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:24 am

click the link above

DL speed is pretty good
siraulo23

Postby mtdub on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:35 am

That link doesnt work for me siraulo23 when i click on it it says my browser is not supported. Thats the thing about these little portable browser kindle type things, you cant access everything like you can on a regular cpu, i wish i would of known that before i bought it. but thanks anyway i'll find a way somehow or gen said he would upload the missing faces and maybe i can access where he uploads to. there has to be missing files because in his preview pictures it shows anthony davis of the pelicans with a cyberface and i dont have a face for him in that 2 part upload.
mtdub

Postby levynagy on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Apart from the CFs issues, this roster file has too many errors in it! :evil:

I was trying to deal with Sergey Karasev (he has no name in your file but I was able to identify him) who shows up on two teams roster: CLE and HOU. I changed his ID, I moved him to the FA, nothing seem to work. I have the feeling it is not the only case. The way the players were created must have damaged some of the player spots in the roster file.

I wouldn't use this file if I was to start an association/season game. Obviously the DL package is still usable but only if you have the full REDitor version and you like to spend weeks on your game. Right now I am not interested in working with this that much as I am playing 20 years in the past (where everything is smooth and accurate although I use lookalike CFs for missing ones).
levynagy

Postby mtdub on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:15 am

^^ Whats up Levy. Yeah i was going thru the roster and seen a player on two teams but was wearing the same jersey for both teams i was like wtf lol. I also had the game freeze up on the loading screen when i tried playing at the griz home court a few times. So im pretty sure there will be errors in asscociation mode which worries me because there is so little support for 2k11. I wish i could use reditor but it wont work for me. im not going to buy a full license if i cant get the free version or the demo to open up roster files without getting errors. You would think a 2k11 version of reditor would be free by now wit it being outdated but i guess its the other way around in that you have to have a full version to get it to work. the free and demos dont work anymore. The only free version of reditor that worked for me is the 2k13 version probally because its still somewhat current. I might just do away wit my dream of keeping 2k11 alive if i cant get a editor to work. Im not going to pay for a full version(if still possible)and it still dont work. I dont have money to throw away.
mtdub

Postby levynagy on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:43 am

Yeah, I agree with you. To me 2K11 is the perfect game for its full editable options. I spend a big amount of time editing stuff but I learned one thing which I recommend to anybody who appreciates this awesome game: to get your right tool and make your own base roster file. That's what I did with 94-95 roster file. The start is slow but then you can do whatever you like with it (replace players, change their rating and add new draft picks with new CFs etc.). It's like knowing and wearing your own socks, no need to borrow others. :lol:
levynagy

Postby mtdub on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:44 am

^^ Yeah levy that was my mission in creating my own but im so late in the game that most of the tools for 11 disappeared im guessing because there are not very many options. i cant find a tool that will allow me to apply cybers to my created players and thats a deal breaker for me as i was going in hard on learning how to create or convert faces. i dont want a roster with a bunch of generics. Reditor is probally the only tool you can find for 11 that will allow you to apply cybers to created players but as i mentioned the free or demo version wont even open up a roster file. even the demo version gives a error saying you dont have the right license and im like wtf its a demo. i would like to get a full license if still possible im just scared that if i pay my hard earned money it still wont work. Im trying to master this whole modding thing, what all you can do to the pc version is amazing lol. i wish i had known about modding sooner when 2k11 was current. Right now theres just not that much support for a noob like myself which has me scratching my head because as a whole 11 is king. But you know what they say out wit the old in wit the new thats how the world turns which is understandable, i just wish more people were into 2k11.
mtdub

Postby levynagy on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:39 pm

mtdub wrote:Reditor is probally the only tool you can find for 11 that will allow you to apply cybers to created players but as i mentioned the free or demo version wont even open up a roster file. even the demo version gives a error saying you dont have the right license and im like wtf its a demo.

Yes, people are dumb and they like to get fooled by new shiny things in general... Truth is sports - and NBA - gamers always preferred arcade gameplay, short matches and fictional content (in our case unrealistic features & effects). I remember their attitude towards video games since I first gotten my hands on a PS1 back in the days. People play the same way as they live: fast and furious :P and nevertheless stupid. It is also why newer games (2k13, 2K14) prevail.

I must confess it took me about half a year to create a realistic 2K11 gameplay (maybe not perfect with the stats but with a slower pace and natural rhythm) by changing every aspect of the game (from gamesliders to age, height and tendencies of each player). My first 1996-97 'dynasty' crashed right before the 3rd season (mainly because I deleted some of the D-league players and messed with HS_IDs/headshapes IDs) but I've learnt from my mistakes and I am happily into my 1994-95 'dynasty' playing and editing everything around with REDitor which btw has its own flaws you can avoid only by testing.

You should definitely try every free version of REDitor you can find out there because one must be working! I can help you with older versions (2.3, 3.7.1, 3.7, 4.5, 4.6, 4.7), just let me know which one you need.
levynagy

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K11 Modding