Remastered Mod. What's going on with the players legs?

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K11 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Remastered Mod. What's going on with the players legs?

Postby Gisherjohn on Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:46 am

Sorry to come off as negative, but first of all, the mod overall is absolutely a pure delight. But I only had one minor gripe. Am I the only one that feels the legs of the modded players are too skinny (most noticable on their legs) ? Also when I download a new rosters, say the 2014 Miami Heat, the player models are current player models. Not from 14, Meaning, when I see Lebron, he's got his Lakers beard and hair, guys like Derrick Rose have his long hair, (when He should have his short hair for the 2011 roster when he was on the bulls, but it has his modern hair) Even if you do a reset roster and not using the remaster models, I still notice the new models of the old players scattered around on all the teams. Sorry If I'm not being very clear.

But overall, this mod is fantastic, I'm sorry if I sounded like I was complaining.
Gisherjohn

Re: Remastered Mod. What's going on with the players legs?

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:55 pm

I believe that mod simply overwrites the original player files rather than utilising separate IDs, thus the updated appearances will still be used by other rosters. When making roster mods like that, the creator has to go out of their way to account for other rosters (particularly earlier seasons), and when it comes to current rosters, the assumption is often made that people just want an updated game. As such, the original files get overwritten and are generally no longer accurate to earlier seasons. Unfortunately, there's no guaranteeing compatibility and no interference between mods, especially when it's up to modders to avoid those conflicts as much as possible.

In lieu of a multi-season roster pack that goes out of its way to avoid such conflicts, the best solution is to have separate NBA 2K11 installations where different mods are installed (copying a freshly installed game and running the .exe from that folder will work, but obviously takes up more hard drive space), or to use JSGME to enable different mods as desired.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Gisherjohn on Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:11 am

AHH, THAT MAKES total sense. I can deal with the legs. It's not a big deal, they did such a great job on everything else, I really should not complain!
Can you educate me if I put in other rosteres or mods, would it break say that 75th anniversary mod? Or does it depend?
Gisherjohn

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:32 pm

It depends on whether they share any common files, but it's highly likely that they will, especially the assets for original players. Once you start mixing and matching mods in the same installation, conflicts are inevitable. It may not cause anything to stop working properly (i.e. the game won't crash), but there will be unsuitable art here and there, depending on what's been overwritten.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K11 Modding