River Walk Chronicles ♦ ///

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Paradise Garage [S02] ♦ Lamar is in the BUILDING! ///

Postby newc on Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:48 pm

I like the trade (Y) Odom makes your team much interesting ;)
newc

Postby Justine. on Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:11 pm

Great deal man. I would like Hill better than Blake though. Good luck (Y)
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby *connect on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Great deal !!!
*connect

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:43 pm

KidJustin wrote:...Odom was always a druggy...lazy player on the clips.

Marijuana is a drug?

phpBB [video]

Justine. wrote:Great deal man. I would like Hill better than Blake though. Good luck (Y)

It's not Hill for Blake, it's Hill for Odom. The others are just for salary balance and shite.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby The X on Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:22 pm

I like the deal. You didn't want to pay Hill big (& you would've had to if you wanted to keep him) & you got some much needed frontcourt depth.

I guess if you can't beat the Lakers, trade with them.

That's my only downside on this deal is that a trade like this probably wouldn't have happened IRL between two Western Conference contenders who had just battled hard in WCF.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Houndy on Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:40 am

Nice deal, (Y)
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Radioman on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:02 am

I am not prejudiced on any of those players, so i wish you all the best with that trade. By the way i like this Jersey-Shop idea :lol:

On the other trades: Brandon Rush for Bibby?
Radioman

Paradise Garage [S02] ♦ Preseason schedule announced

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:56 am

SAN ANTONIO -- The San Antonio Spurs released their preseason schedule for the 2011-12 season today. The team will play seven preseason games in preparation for the regular season: the Silver and Black will open the preseason on the road in New Jersey against Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, rookie Chris Hova and the Nets on October 9. The Spurs will then return home to take on Blake Griffin, rookie Johnny Grady and the Los Angeles Clippers on October 12. On October 15, San Antonio will travel to the Madison Square Garden in New York, for a matchup with Amar'e Stoudemire and the Knicks, before making a trip to Philadelphia for a test against Andre Iguodala, rookie Leo Lai and the 76ers on October 17.

San Antonio returns to New York for a second test against the Knicks on October 19, followed up by a visit to Los Angeles to battle the Clippers again, on October 23. The Spurs conclude their preseason hosting Philadelphia on October 25. All games will be aired live on WOAI-AM 1200 AM with Bastien Gérard Proulx calling the action. The Spurs preseason home games can also be heard in Spanish on KCOR-AM 1300 with Jayden Rojas handling the play-by-play.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Facebook | Image Twitter | Image Texting | Image Podcast | Image MySpace | Image LinkedIn
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: Paradise Garage [S02] ♦ Lamar + Pres. Schedule ///

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:56 am

KidJustin wrote:...Odom was always a druggy...lazy player on the clips. u can tell he didnt want to be on the team and left as soon as he could. always said bad things about them too, even now

so much potential, but a crappy attitude

by the way...i've met Lamar Odom in person too....

twice

once as a Clipper...he didnt sign my autograph after staring straight at me

the other as a Laker...he is in Vegas with team USA...he ate at the table across for me (he actually stole my table and made me wait an extra hours just to get seated...)

Lamar Odumb

Wow that sucks (N)

Mavs4Life wrote:Duh, Winning :lol: consider starting him at the 3, just saying. I feel bad for George Hill, Kobe's gonna overshadow his potential.

I have Maggette at the 3. Lamar will surely be the 6th man. Yeah it sucks for George, but he can be an X-factor for them.

newc wrote:I like the trade (Y) Odom makes your team much interesting ;)

Thanks man :)

Justine. wrote:Great deal man. I would like Hill better than Blake though. Good luck (Y)
shadowgrin wrote:It's not Hill for Blake, it's Hill for Odom. The others are just for salary balance and shite.

Exactly (Y) I wanted Hill to stay, but as I said, I had to give the Lakers something so they could let Odom leave.

The X wrote:I like the deal. You didn't want to pay Hill big (& you would've had to if you wanted to keep him) & you got some much needed frontcourt depth.

I guess if you can't beat the Lakers, trade with them.

That's my only downside on this deal is that a trade like this probably wouldn't have happened IRL between two Western Conference contenders who had just battled hard in WCF.

Thanks a lot X. Yeah, something like this wouldn't happen in real life at all.

Houndy wrote:Nice deal, (Y)

Thanks man. Shame I won't play the Cavs in the preseason. :wink:

Radioman wrote:I am not prejudiced on any of those players, so i wish you all the best with that trade. By the way i like this Jersey-Shop idea :lol:

On the other trades: Brandon Rush for Bibby?

Thanks man. Rush for Bibby -- the Hawks had 4 point guards (Bibby, Teague, Ridnour, Williams) and they needed a backup behind Joe Johnson. The Pacers had 4 shooting guards and needed a backup for Collison. Both teams clearing logjams.

Again -- expect weekly recaps from now on. No more preseason preview or 82 recaps. :lol:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Mavs4Life on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:35 am

That's fine, if Maggette keeps his same play he deserves it. Hopefully Kobe will go out with some 2-4 week injury & Hill can show his stuff.
Mavs4Life

Postby Houndy on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:39 am

*Luckily
Houndy

Postby Martti. on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:45 am

Damn, no Wizards... (N)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:47 pm

Odom!? Man great for you, sucks for LA :wink: Hill is nothing in comparison to Odom, call me biased but thats true as well :facepalm2:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:13 am

Mavs4Life wrote:That's fine, if Maggette keeps his same play he deserves it. Hopefully Kobe will go out with some 2-4 week injury & Hill can show his stuff.

Played some preseason games and Maggs still has it. Also hoping Hill can showcase his game.

Houndy wrote:*Luckily

:P

Martti. wrote:Damn, no Wizards... (N)

Yeah, I'd have also liked some preseason games with NLSCers, but I only played against Hova. :cheeky:

Valor wrote:Odom!? Man great for you, sucks for LA :wink: Hill is nothing in comparison to Odom, call me biased but thats true as well :facepalm2:

Yeah I know, as shadow said, I had to give a young, explosive player in Hill to get Odom in return.

As you can see I haven't posted anything in a week... just having a really tough time; got to watch a couple of movies and also write some articles for school. Hopefully I can post something in the coming days. :)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Oh man, you steal Odom from the Lakers. Sick! I mean, that's not very realistic, as you are rivals and might meet in the next Playoffs, but actually Odom's a bit crazy, so you never know what he was demanding.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Murat on Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:08 am

Good job with Lamar Odom, he will be in a big help, I'm %100 sure.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Paradise Garage [S02] ♦ Preseason (Week 1) ///

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:58 am

In preseason opener, Spurs survive Melo's 41, late Nets scare
Preview | Recap | Game Info | Full Play-by-Play | Boxscores (SAS :: NJN)

NEW JERSEY (ESPN, October 9) -- Tony Parker had a chance to create a shot for himself in the closing seconds. Instead he trusted one of the newest Spurs, Michael Redd, to come through in the last moments. Redd, who signed a three-year deal with San Antonio this offseason, made a 13-foot jumper off the Frenchman's 8th assist, and New Jersey's Chauncey Billups missed a tying 3-pointer, giving Parker's team a 104-101 preseason win over the Nets. But Redd deflected the credit back to TP. “One dribble and a pull up, easy as that. I just pulled up with confidence. Props to Tony for the dish,” said Redd, who scored eight points. “It was the point guard running the show, as usual.” It almost was all for naught because of Billups' miss at the buzzer. “I got a nice look and it wasn't contested,” Billups said. Instead, it clanged off the rim harmlessly. “Defense is going to help win games, but you need to put the ball in the basket,” added Tim Duncan, who posted 13 points, 12 boards and five rejections for the Spurs.

After Redd's basket, Parker stripped the ball off rookie Chris Hova, who wanted a foul. Instead, Parker went to the line to hit two shots, to give the Spurs a 99-95 lead. But New Jersey refused to go away, nearly tying it when Billups missed the second of two shots from the charity stripe. Hova, who had 15 points in his first glimpse of NBA action, missed the 3 from the left corner. The Spurs then missed three field goals in a row -- so did the Nets. “It wasn't like they were bad shots,” said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "We missed a number of open shots. At some point, we're going to kind of come out of the funk.” Parker led San Antonio with 21 points, staying perfect from the field on seven shots, and Lamar Odom had 13 points, four rebounds and four assists to help San Antonio overcome a bad effort from Manu Ginobili, who only attempted six field goals for 11 points. Odom and Steve Blake were acquired from the Los Angeles Lakers in August. James Anderson, opening his second year in the league, was inserted in the starting lineup but never appeared at full scale, with only four points.

Trailing by 9 points in the fourth quarter, the Nets drew even when Carmelo Anthony, who had 41 points, hit a 3-pointer to tie it at 93. That's when Parker set the screen for Redd, who hit his jumper over Billups to give the Spurs a 95-93 lead and set up the final sequence. “We were good shooting from beyond the arc,” said Nets coach Avery Johnson. “But they made the difference with their reserves.” Brook Lopez, who was recently criticized by Johnson for taking plays off, finished with 14 points, 11 rebounds and five blocks, while Billups had 12 points and 10 assists and Troy Murphy added eight points for the Nets. DeJuan Blair didn't had a great game on offense, scoring only five points, but he made Murphy work for his points. “He did a great job defensively,” Popovich said of Blair. “He stood in there pretty tough tonight and made Troy work.” Murphy missed 9-of-12 field goals, as San Antonio's bench defeated New Jersey's, 43-12.
Image Image Image Image Image

Spurs newcomers murder Griffin, Kaman, Clippers in AT&T Center
Preview | Recap | Game Info | Full Play-by-Play | Boxscores (LAC :: SAS)

SAN ANTONIO (ESPN, October 12) -- The Los Angeles Clippers don't need to be reminded how poorly they played in the second quarter. New guy Lamar Odom had 17 points, 10 rebounds and four assists, posting a game-high plus-minus of +25, as the San Antonio Spurs handed the Clippers a terrible road loss, 105-79. “They just had a brilliant second period,” said Clippers' Baron Davis. “They outworked us.” Davis had 16 points, six boards and eight assists for the Clippers, but five turnovers that proved costly, as the team was outscored 36-16 in the second, losing in every single stat. Eric Gordon scored 24 points to lead the team. Tony Parker (+24) scored 16 points, six assists and four steals for San Antonio, while Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili added 14 points each.

“We had a lead going into halftime tonight, and we just vowed that we weren't going to do the same things we did in the second half against the Nets,” said Duncan; the Spurs had a nine-point lead against New Jersey but suffered a late run by the Nets and almost lost the game. Corey Maggette scored 12 points, while another newcomer in the team, Michael Redd contributed with nine points and three rebounds for a +22, the key being his defense on Gordon and his backup Randy Foye. The Spurs outrebounded the Clippers, 51-36, and also outscored them in the paint, 64-38, and in bench points, 37-16. The Spurs put Los Angeles away with a 20-6 run to kickstart the second period, pushing a 19-16 lead by the Clippers to a 36-25 advantage and never look back again. In the third quarter, Redd and Maggette each had a dunk, and Steve Blake scored on a fastbreak layup. After Parker missed a free throw, Blair grabbed an offensive rebound and scored on a tip-in. Ginobili then added an acrobatic layup to give his team a 70-49 lead. The Spurs then led 77-53 entering the final frame.

Blake Griffin said he didn't lose his confidence in the second half after shooting 0-for-7 in the first half. He attempted only three shots after halftime, going 1-of-3 for 2 points. “They just did a good job on me defensively,” said Griffin. “They played a complete game tonight and we didn't. That was the difference. It's tough to win on the road when you can't maintain your intensity for the entire contest.” But the Spurs said Duncan and also DeJuan Blair, who took turns to guard Griffin, outconditioned him. “Both really worked on Blake,” said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich. Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro wasn't surprised at the loss, considering another inside player, Chris Kaman, had a bad night: 6-of-20 from the floor. “We're short, we need more work,” said Del Negro. “When teams are able to dominate us inside, it's going to be difficult. Some nights we're going to be good and some nights are going to be tough.” Rookie Johnny Grady added 2 points.

Spurs use boost from Manu to defeat New York, but lose Duncan to injury
Preview | Recap | Game Info | Full Play-by-Play | Boxscores (SAS :: NYK)

NEW YORK (ESPN, October 15) -- “I'm going to drink some beer,” said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich after directing San Antonio to a 110-104 victory over the New York Knicks in the Madison Square Garden. Popovich gave most of the credit to his players for the victory and said he coached as if it was a playoff game. “You always want to win against a team that sweeped you last season,” said Manu Ginobili, who scored a game-best 30 points. “He didn't say it publicly, but even being a preseason game, he wanted this game real bad.” The Knicks won both encounters against the Spurs in the 2010-11 season. Popovich said he forgot to practice new offensive plays, but the Spurs used their old plays, the same that were ineffective last year, to rip New York's zone in the final quarter, outscoring the home team 39-30 and recovering from a 29-19 partial score by the Knicks in the third.

“The fourth quarter was a knockout,” Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni said. Amar'e Stoudemire scored 28 points, seven rebounds and five assists for New York, including 16 points in third period. Stoudemire shot 11-of-16 from the field and led three Knicks over the 20-point barrier: Kelenna Azubuike contributed with 22 and Danilo Gallinari posted 20 as a reserve. The Knicks used a 16-6 run in the second frame to take a 39-34 lead with 5:19 left. “You've got to have a killer instinct and we didn't have that,” said Raymond Felton, who added 14 points. “We will need to figure that out for the regular season.” The Knicks pulled to 96-93 on a 3-pointer by Azubuike -- who scored 11 fourth-quarter points -- but Corey Maggette (18 points) then hit a free throw, and Tiago Splitter scored on a tipin after Maggette missed his second charity stripe shot. San Antonio used a 6-0 run to take a sure lead.

San Antonio's Tim Duncan scored 20 points and five rebounds before suffering a lower back strain in the third quarter, with his team leading 61-53; he looks poised to miss the rest of the preseason, but there's no doubt he will be back for the start of the regulat season. Lamar Odom, who led the Spurs to a win over the Los Angeles Clippers three days ago, only had six points and all came from the free throw line; he shot 0-of-9, struggling with his shot release. Tony Parker added 10 points and 12 assists while rookie Artem Popov had his first true contribution with six points and six rebounds in 15 minutes. “We got stops in the fourth and we were able to score,” said Splitter. “That was really the key for us tonight.” New York outscored San Antonio in the paint, 32-22 and their backups outscored San Antonio's reserves, 29-25, but it was the Spurs' accuracy from beyond the arc -- 11/18 -- that gave them the victory.

Last edited by kibaxx7 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: Paradise Garage [S02] ♦ Preseason (Week 1) ///

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:59 am

hova- wrote:Oh man, you steal Odom from the Lakers. Sick! I mean, that's not very realistic, as you are rivals and might meet in the next Playoffs, but actually Odom's a bit crazy, so you never know what he was demanding.

Yeah his morale was almost zero, he demanded a trade away from LA. I took the opportunity :cheeky: Man, you're entering the team chemistry in NJ! (Y)

Badger wrote:Good job with Lamar Odom, he will be in a big help, I'm %100 sure.

He was the reason for the win over the Clips, but then I couldn't score with him against the Knicks.

Finally some free time to post. Look forward for the remaining games in the next couple of days! I was gonna post this update on Wednesday, I had all the recaps written but when I was uploading the pics I got a BSOD. Had to write all over again today. :evil:
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Bucket on Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:11 am

Who can stop Melo in 2k this year? :lol: He's unstoppable.
Looks like this will be last run for veteran Spurs.
Bucket

Postby Houndy on Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:02 pm

The team looks good, real good (Y)
Houndy

Postby Radioman on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:43 am

You seem to be prepared for the new season, at least Duncans injury does not seem to be too serious.
Radioman

Postby Valor on Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:57 am

It's preseason and Pop wants to drink beer to celebrate after a w? :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:16 am

Pop wanting a brewski! This association is starting to get interesting....
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Mavs4Life on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:15 am

Valdis wrote:Who can stop Melo in 2k this year? :lol: He's unstoppable.
Looks like this will be last run for veteran Spurs.

I have to agree, this is probably your last chance.
Mavs4Life

Postby The X on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Your team has more talent & better depth than last season but it's still going to be a very tough ask winning the title. Who do you think you'll be starting (aside from Duncan, Manu & Parker)?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame