River Walk Chronicles ♦ ///

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: [6-3] River Walk Chronicles ♦ E09 + Beat + Prospects!

Postby The X on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Sit wrote:Valor, Dare - I reckon you guys should get lost so that I can be on my own in UNC. :P

Go to Duke & play for Coach K like Kobe wanted to (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:51 pm

The X wrote:
Sit wrote:Valor, Dare - I reckon you guys should get lost so that I can be on my own in UNC. :P

Go to Duke & play for Coach K like Kobe wanted to (Y)

Everyone who chose Duke should change schools cause I've been offered a scholarship by their chief scout The X.

I actually asked Thierry for Maryland cause I think I'd fit in there more... but he doesn't have them so I have Villanova for now.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby dare on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:53 pm

Fine I'm in Ohio St. for now but if Valor ain't going to leave then I also have the rights to stay in UNC
dare
True kings have rings

Postby The X on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:53 pm

Villanova works. You'll play well in 4 guard motion offense (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:55 pm

dare wrote:Fine I'm in Ohio St. for now but if Valor ain't going to leave then I also have the rights to stay in UNC

Thanks Dare (Y)

And X, that's what I was thinking. I think I would fit in Villanova, Maryland IRL. I was thinking the Bruins as well. :)

EDIT: If z02 graciously gives me his place at Duke, I will commit to Coach K. I have gained lots of respect for him as Team USA coach. (Y)

EDIT2: Thierry, I'm putting lots of faith in you that this story will not have a premature end aiiiggghhttt
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:35 pm

Sit wrote:
dare wrote:Fine I'm in Ohio St. for now but if Valor ain't going to leave then I also have the rights to stay in UNC

Thanks Dare (Y)

And X, that's what I was thinking. I think I would fit in Villanova, Maryland IRL. I was thinking the Bruins as well. :)

EDIT: If z02 graciously gives me his place at Duke, I will commit to Coach K. I have gained lots of respect for him as Team USA coach. (Y)

EDIT2: Thierry, I'm putting lots of faith in you that this story will not have a premature end aiiiggghhttt

I sent my reply to Thierry about changing to Duke, but if Sit wants to go there I'll stay in UNC :lol: I don't mind forming a duo with dare
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:40 pm

Awesome. Sit will be staying with UNC. (Y)
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Sit wrote:Awesome. Sit will be staying with UNC. (Y)

and I'll be going to Duke like how Kobe would've done (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:53 pm

If there was no requirement, I would have gone pro like Kobe did.

Anyways, you should stop trying to do the Kobe way cause ur a Rose fan. I'm the hardcore Lakers fan around here :P
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:12 pm

I committed to Georgia Tech. :)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Sit wrote:If there was no requirement, I would have gone pro like Kobe did.

Anyways, you should stop trying to do the Kobe way cause ur a Rose fan. I'm the hardcore Lakers fan around here :P

He doesn't have Memphis and Calipari isn't there anymore anyways (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:15 pm

Me = Syracuse. NYC and orange jerseys? What else do you want?
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:16 pm

hova- wrote:Me = Syracuse. NYC and orange jerseys? What else do you want?

a six overtime game perhaps? (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:18 pm

There won't be six overtimes when I'm on the court. Call me "German Crunch Killer"
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:12 am

john26 wrote:That OKC game was a tough loss for you. Great presentation with the draftees as usual. I liked reading the little descriptions. Very nice :D

Westbrook killed me. :( Thanks man.

Martti. wrote:I'll send my info soon, thanks for reserving a spot. :)

Tough outing against OKC. I like the rookie scouting. (Y)

Got your info man -- you will be Georgia Tech's new D. Favors.

badreligionau wrote:Info sent :)

Also this association is looking amazing so far. Keep it up (y)

Thanks man! Nice to have you on board!

dare wrote:Nice presentation for the rookies, looks like a weak draft. But those rookies ain't going to top my player

Thanks man, and yes, so far looks weak. But just posted the prospects the scouts saw (I have Prospects Scouting option on, so I don't have to worry). Will scout some on my own later. :twisted:

The X wrote:Scouting looks good. All dependent on how you build from this.

Thanks X. Want you to be on next year's class! :wink:

maksie wrote:i sent my info too :)
nice presentation there for the prospects by the way
karlsanada10 wrote:Did I already an info?

Thanks guys... got your applications, you both are on next year's group.

newc wrote:I really like these articles on draft prospects, good job (Y)

I'd sent my info, but I guess all the spots are taken..

Thanks man! Note to everyone, don't stop sending the applications, you will be in for next year's class.

hova- wrote:Very very sweet scouting report. Looks so neat (Y)

I also think it came out well :)

Sit wrote:Thierry, I'm putting lots of faith in you that this story will not have a premature end aiiiggghhttt

Thanks bro. I really don't see a reason to end this anytime soon. 5 backups :lol: I like the team, Manu's slowly finding his shot again... :cheeky:

And won't quote the whole UNC-Duke-Villanova chat, but it was a good laugh :bowdown: By the way, full index edited! :)

z02 -- Connecticut
Valor -- Duke
Eirsej -- Georgetown
Axel -- Texas
Houndy -- Baylor
Clutch -- Michigan State
dare -- Ohio State
Hova -- Syracuse
badreligionau -- Kentucky
Sit -- North Carolina
Martti -- Georgia Tech
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby MrHeraklinos on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:45 am

Man, I was too late to submit in an application, are you going to post pictures of all the people's players?
Lakers Chise
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
The other, of course, involves orcs.” — John Rogers
MrHeraklinos

Postby George7 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:01 am

Damn!Was too late as well to sent my infos!
Nevermind,really like how this association is shaping up (Y) (Y)

i will send them for next year's draft...
George7

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:25 am

MrHeraklinos wrote:Man, I was too late to submit in an application, are you going to post pictures of all the people's players?
George7 wrote:Damn!Was too late as well to sent my infos!
Nevermind,really like how this association is shaping up (Y) (Y)

i will send them for next year's draft...

Thanks guys, I'm also happy with how this is turning out! I'm preparing a special section for the NLSCers... :D Send, send, SEND the applications, will save them for next season.

Playing the game against Chi-Town!
× Watching:
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:09 am

Valor, trade UNC for Duke?
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:43 am

Sit wrote:Valor, trade UNC for Duke?

z02 switched to Connecticut, Valor to Duke, you are off to UNC, Will (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

[6-4] River Walk Chronicles ♦ S01E10 vs. Chicago Bulls

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:44 am

Boozer's monster performance too much; home crowd boos as Spurs drop second straight
Preview | Recap | Game Info | Full Play-by-Play | Boxscores (CHI :: SAS)

SAN ANTONIO, November 17 -- A dominant performance by Carlos Boozer made the absence of two backups seem like only a minor inconvenience for the Chicago Bulls. Boozer posted his first double-double of the season, and what a statline he had: 31 points, 10 rebounds and 3 steals, and Derrick Rose added 17 points and 7 assists as Chicago beat the San Antonio Spurs, 108-98 on Wednesday night. “The big fella is something special. He was marvellous tonight,” Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said of his 6'9'' offseason addition. Manu Ginobili scored 21 points for San Antonio, but the Spurs lost their second straight game, both by double-digits; this time unable to take advantage of the absence of Bulls bench players James Johnson and Kurt Thomas.

Chicago wound up outrebounding San Antonio 37-32. “We talked about that the past couple days, that we all have to be aggressive on both ends of the floor and help each other,” Rose said. Joakim Noah added 15 points for Chicago, which has won three straight. Ronnie Brewer had 14 points and Kyle Korver 6; for the first time this season, Korver couldn't make a shot from beyond the arc: 0-3. Gratified by the victory, Boozer gave credit from himself to teammates like Brewer, who played more than double his normal minutes. “It was a great triumph. My teammates had opportunities to step up and that's what they did. It's going to be tough for us to keep this streak going, but if we keep playing like tonight, we're going to be fine.” The key run for Chicago was a 12-2 burst midway through the third quarter, that turned a three-point advantage into a 71-56 advantage. Boozer scored nine in the surge. “The Spurs play hard,” Boozer said. “We had to come in and play hard for 48 minutes and we did. We played good defense and that's why we won.”

But another important reason for the for the Bulls was Richard Jefferson, who was acquired in an offseason four-team trade, from the Spurs. Jefferson is a bright spot on this team. He collected 16 points and 4 assists, shooting 8-of-12 from the field. “I thought it was a fun contest,” Jefferson said. “It is a great accomplishment and I look forward to doing more of this every night. Also, I want to clarify, I heard rumors of 'revenge' to the Spurs; nothing like that. They've treated me very nice the time I've been there.” Tim Duncan scored 16 points for the Spurs and Gary Neal added 14, all in the second half, while rookie DeJuan Blair had 12 points and Corey Maggette and Tony Parker added 11 each. The Bulls shot 14-of-15 from the foul line, while the Spurs attempted a total of 2 free throws. “You can't get any momentum when there is a constant parade to the free-throw line for your opponent. Only 2 free throws in 48 minutes is ridiculous. I don't care if the league fines me. The referees today were a joke, a total joke,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. The Spurs had 20 turnovers, a season-worst, and a key factor in the loss. This game marked the season's first Hardwood Classics night.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Video Music :: Kaiser Chiefs • “Never Miss A Beat” [Cut Copy Remix]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Facebook | Image Twitter | Image Texting | Image Podcast | Image MySpace | Image LinkedIn
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Jackal on Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:44 am

I think he's asking if Valor will switch to UNC so that he (Sit) can go to Duke.

Just a guess though.
Jackal

Re: [6-4] River Walk Chronicles ♦ Beat, Prospects *pg.4* + E

Postby MrHeraklinos on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Dang, Boozer had a night man! He dominated :( Too bad he's not injured like he is in real life :P You tamed the Bulls easily in the 1st and 4th quarters, but during the 2nd and 3rd they slightly had the advantage.
Lakers Chise
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
The other, of course, involves orcs.” — John Rogers
MrHeraklinos

Postby Valor on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:32 pm

Why boo the Spurs? They should be chanting MVP for my boy Derrick Rose instead (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:50 pm

Pedo Boy wrote:I think he's asking if Valor will switch to UNC so that he (Sit) can go to Duke.

Just a guess though.

I don't know anymore, Sit asked for UNC for days :lol: Sudden change of heart, then...

MrHeraklinos wrote:Dang, Boozer had a night man! He dominated :( Too bad he's not injured like he is in real life :P You tamed the Bulls easily in the 1st and 4th quarters, but during the 2nd and 3rd they slightly had the advantage.

I think 20 alone in the first half, he was scoring at will. I don't like real life injuries. Until halftime it was a nice back and forth game, then they had that run in the 3rd and I was down by 15. I got behind by 3 at one point, but then they had another run and it was already lost.

Valor wrote:Why boo the Spurs? They should be chanting MVP for my boy Derrick Rose instead (Y)

It was more MVP for Boozer this time, I think. :wink: Rose had some nice And-1's, but the real star was Booz. The boos because I already lost by double digits two straight games. I only had 2 free throws in the whole game. Gonna do major slider edits.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame