River Walk Chronicles ♦ ///

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: RWC: Paradise Garage [S02] ♦ Retiring... ///

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:03 am

Yeah, I'll nominate this one to the HOF. You at least deserve one, and even with all of your attempts, this one deserves a HOF induction just by itself. I was .dan before I changed to my actual name. XxHyperDunk24 and Hyperize. were my other two usernames I think. Congrats dude. (Y)
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:45 am

Congrats on a great run with this one, Thierry! We'll definitely put it in the HOF but I'll leave it here in the main section (where it's prominent) for a couple of days, in case anyone wants to offer some comments and kudos before it's inducted. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Axel The Great on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:27 pm

This was definitely one of the (if not THE) most aesthetically pleasing associations to read. I feel your pain as well; school and work take up so much of my time that I have been taken away from video games and the NBA world. I've gone back and forth on whether or not I should retire mine. The problem is that I like the roster very much so I feel compelled to finish it (and get Yao a ring), but at this point 2K11 is an antique. I'm leaning more on continuing it, since I'm not very excited about the current Rockets roster (even with Jeremy Lin) to start a 2K13 association.

Anyways, this should certainly be a lock for the HOF. It's great to see that you finally pulled off an association after so many (and that's an understatement :wink: ) attempts. I hope to see another successful story from you sometime in the future. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby [Hyperize] on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:36 pm

Axel. wrote:I'm not very excited about the current Rockets roster (even with Jeremy Lin)

But remember, Lin succeeded most when he was surrounded with scrubs (well not scrubs; more like role players), and if that's not the case with the Rockets, you still have some proven talent in K-Mart, and Royce White is the kind of player I like. He could be something more of an athletic Boris Diaw. Motiejunas and Patrick Patterson are both solid young players. Actually, if there was no K-Mart it would be the same kind of team that Lin was with during Linsanity: Lin and a bunch of role players.
[Hyperize]

Postby Kenny on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:04 pm

This was a really great thread. As Axel said, the most aesthetically pleasing with the layouts. Definitely deserves HOF status :)
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:54 pm

HOF +1, this was probably the best graphically presented association around here, and you've made it stay and ran it for a long while. Great stuff and congrats buddy! Well deserved :chug:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Like A Boss on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:12 pm

Had fun reading this association story while it lasted. I believe you this story is locked as an HOF. Congratulations on finishing your first complete association Thierry I hope you will make more associations. Well the feature I most liked in this story is the presentation. I can see how you made so much effort in this association to make your readers like me enjoy it. I hope the best for you Thierry.
Like A Boss
Bulls

Postby dare on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:31 am

Congrats man, well deserve
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:55 am

Great job Thierry. This is truly an association story to be proud of. (Y) Are you getting 2K13 for PC or PS3? If the latter, we should play on PSN sometime.
Lamrock

Postby The X on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:41 pm

What's with the retiring? Seems like a bump to me. :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: River Walk Chronicles ♦ Retiring... /// (NBA 2K11)

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:10 am

Dan Podolski wrote:Yeah, I'll nominate this one to the HOF. You at least deserve one, and even with all of your attempts, this one deserves a HOF induction just by itself. I was .dan before I changed to my actual name. XxHyperDunk24 and Hyperize. were my other two usernames I think. Congrats dude. (Y)

Oh Hyperize! Man, I remember your Cavs and Wizards stories. I thought you were gone! Nice to see you around.

Andrew wrote:Congrats on a great run with this one, Thierry! We'll definitely put it in the HOF but I'll leave it here in the main section (where it's prominent) for a couple of days, in case anyone wants to offer some comments and kudos before it's inducted. :)

Thanks a lot 'Drew! (Y)

Axel. wrote:This was definitely one of the (if not THE) most aesthetically pleasing associations to read. I feel your pain as well; school and work take up so much of my time that I have been taken away from video games and the NBA world. I've gone back and forth on whether or not I should retire mine. The problem is that I like the roster very much so I feel compelled to finish it (and get Yao a ring), but at this point 2K11 is an antique. I'm leaning more on continuing it, since I'm not very excited about the current Rockets roster (even with Jeremy Lin) to start a 2K13 association.

Anyways, this should certainly be a lock for the HOF. It's great to see that you finally pulled off an association after so many (and that's an understatement :wink: ) attempts. I hope to see another successful story from you sometime in the future. :)

Thanks man! Yeah it's been a pain. This would not look as good as before. I'm not very fond of the current Rockets roster either :P

badreligionau wrote:This was a really great thread. As Axel said, the most aesthetically pleasing with the layouts. Definitely deserves HOF status :)

Thanks man, means a lot coming from you!

Valor wrote:HOF +1, this was probably the best graphically presented association around here, and you've made it stay and ran it for a long while. Great stuff and congrats buddy! Well deserved :chug:

Thanks V! Nice to see the Panthers still strong.

Like A Boss wrote:Had fun reading this association story while it lasted. I believe you this story is locked as an HOF. Congratulations on finishing your first complete association Thierry I hope you will make more associations. Well the feature I most liked in this story is the presentation. I can see how you made so much effort in this association to make your readers like me enjoy it. I hope the best for you Thierry.

Thanks a lot man, I will try in 2K13. :wink:

dare wrote:Congrats man, well deserve

Thanks man!

Lamrock wrote:Great job Thierry. This is truly an association story to be proud of. (Y) Are you getting 2K13 for PC or PS3? If the latter, we should play on PSN sometime.

Thanks a lot L-Train... for the first time I'm not sure if getting it for PC, because of all the missing features... not sure yet.

The X wrote:What's with the retiring? Seems like a bump to me. :wink:

Wish it was a bump! All the things in life are colliding right now. Hopefully a new 2k13 story reaches this heights!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021), Blazing Saddles (1974) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:09 am

Anyone else want to share their kudos? If not, I'll go ahead with the induction.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:38 am

Officially inducted October 8th, 2012. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:50 pm

phpBB [video]
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021), Blazing Saddles (1974) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Murat on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:15 am

Seen it now... an incredible work by you. Congratulations, you confused me!
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby shadowgrin on Mon May 06, 2013 5:03 pm

Aaawww.

For the end of this long run where you made a write-up for each of the 82 games in one season, afaik is a NLSC record :beer:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Previous

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame