Hov's Kings - Retired

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Hov's Sonics II (6-20) - Loooosing

Postby Cruzerr on Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:38 pm

Happy B-Day :chug: Love the fact that Donte Greene is posting pretty good numbers, I got T-Will injured and I put him right now in the starting line, he is a beast.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Justine. on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Happy Birthday man :D Tough losses, but Greene is the man. Sounds like you'll be needing another season to bolt in to the Playoffs.
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Valor on Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Happy Birthday Hov!!! Have a great one :chug: and lets root for Mavs in 5!!! :headbang:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Alpha_ on Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:09 pm

happy birthday Hova! :bday: :chug:
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby debiler on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:22 pm

Oh, damn. Missed it. Anyway, happy belated birthday. I had your present delivered at 5:45 today by Dirk himself. :)
Confucius say: "Man go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."
debiler

Postby debiler on Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:41 pm

hova- wrote:What shall I say ... I just can't win. I like the team, I think we play pretty well for most of the first half and just can't win it down the stretch. West's injury hurts his shooting a bit. I hope that we can finally build a stretch against the easier teams coming now, the Pistons, Cavs and Wolves. We will also face Phoenix and Utah this month. I hope it turns out well.

So - I thought I just should use the last minutes of the day recapping this stuff because my birthday will be in like 12 minutes and thus I won't have much time tomorrow. Greetings to y'all.

It's tough. But hang in there. You should win 2 of the next 3. Pistons and Cavs are doable. But don't fool yourself: The T'Wolves are a real pain in the ass. Love and Beasley will score on putbacks all day long. And Beasley has that awkward shooting motion which is slower than most others. Wesley Johnson is gonna drive a lot, so you better deny him the ball. My advice: drive as much as you can wih Evans, so you'll get either Love or Johnson into early foul trouble. Also, use your big men for the same reason.
Good luck!
debiler

Postby homicide1550 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:06 pm

Belated Happy Birthday Man! Hope you had a good one! :chug:
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

2 out of 1

Postby hova- on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:06 pm

Demarcus Cousins (here earning a technical against J. O'Neal) had himself a ball game vs Minnesota: 33 points and 10 rebounds.

Detroit, December 17th

Another devastating home loss for the worst team in the league (this time against the 2nd worst team). The Sonics blew away in the 2nd quarter and despite Ben Gordon scoring 12 of his 28 points in the fourth quarter, Detroit never came back to make it a ball game.

Rodney Stuckey and Gordon combined for 55 of the team's 99 points (.55%) but the Sonics had seven players scoring at least 8 points. The Sonics were 9-16 from beyond the arc and 24-29 from the charity stripe.

Cleveland, December 18th

The Seattle Supersonics land back-to-back road wins as they already led by 21 points at halftime. Eight players scored at least 9 points as Coach Hova split playing time after halftime to rest his starters.

Jason Maxiell had a double-double (10 points/11 rebounds) and Delonte West added 11 points, 5 rebounds and 6 assists against his former team.

The Cavaliers, who traded away Andreson Varejao and his big contract for JJ Redick and Ryan Anderson of the Orlando Magic, only shot 4-21 from the three point line.

Game-high man Vince Carter shot 8-27 from the field. "I really don't care. We ain't going nowhere anyhow", the 33-year old was quoted.

Seattle, December 20th

Demarcus Cousins scored a career-high 33 points and also grabbed 10 rebounds in the fight of two upcoming big man against Kevin Love. Love only had 8 points and 8 rebounds but the Timberwolves were able to grab the win thanks to their balanced scoring and a great 2nd quarter run.

Michael Beasley was the player of the game having an all-around performance with 21 points, 7 rebounds and 4 steals. Rip Hamilton also added 21 points.

The Sonics had three players with double-doubles for the first time this season (Cousins with 33p/10r - Chase with 15p/11a - Dav. West with 13p/10r), but they only had three three point field goals and shot .43% from the field for the game.

Varejao traded to Orland for Redick & Anderson ...
Six-game winning streak gets Thunder on top of the West (20-10) ...
Celtics keep hustling, win 8 of last 10 ...
Anthony tears muscle, out for 2 weeks ...

Check Sonics stats and League Standings here ...
Last edited by hova- on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics II (6-20) - New shorter recap style - opini

Postby Cruzerr on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:11 pm

I like it, it gives a simple but effective update. Maby add a bit more pictures? And when you say "2 tied" put like "player-player" ?

Otherwise, good (Y)
Cruzerr

Postby hova- on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:13 pm

Axel., thanks, man. Yeah, Evans is consistent, but he's no true superstar and his PER is nowhere near Martin's in your D (around 22 iirc, you had K-mArt with 30 !)

Thierry •, thank you! good that there are the Pistons & Cavs & Suns :D No, I really hope we can move out of the cellar, man. Team got potential!

Cruzerr, thankk you! Greene is very good when he has guys like Evans and Chase next to him who can create for him. He has problems creating his own shot, sometimes he can at least shoot over the opponents.

Justine., thanks!! Yeah, right now it looks like we will take step by step and need another season. But maybe we can sneak into the postseason at .500.

Valor, thanks! Mavs in 5 would be great. Game 3 is crucial. Whoever won game 3 in a tied series since 1985 won it all.

King Dee, thank you!!!

debiler, thanks, great present! :D About the Wolves. I don't know ... they played poor defense but still managed to hurt me on the other side. They acquired Hamilton last year in this D and he really is the perfect SG for them, giving them 3-4 legit scorers with Beasley leading the way. I still think we could have won that game, Cousins was going nuts under the rim.

homicide1550, thank you!
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby |)e8* on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:33 pm

I like this style more
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Valor on Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:38 pm

Nice, easy and simple. Looks good hov (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Justine. on Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:34 pm

I prefer to remove the quote. But that's just me :) It's still looking great though.
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby maksie on Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:54 am

yeah,this recap style looks good. Great game for Cousins against the Wolves,too bad you lost.
maksie

Postby Axel The Great on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:47 am

Cousins needs to respect his elders. :scold:

I also like the new recap style. As Justine. said maybe try taking the quotes off to see if it looks better? Seems as if the role players stepped up in scoring because neither Evans, West, nor Chase ever led the team in scoring. :lol: Still, all three games seemed win-able, but I guess the T-Wolves finally decided to play as a team.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby hova- on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:52 pm

Removed the quotes, I don't think it's a whole lotta different now, but I guess it's still looking good.

Cruzerr, I may add more pics next time, but 2k servers work slow at the moment and none of the pics I made during these three games was already available (that's why I have the pic vs the Celtics above)

ESPN has the "2tied" thing, but I will change it next time and present both players. Thanks for helping ;)

|)e8*, thank you. I will mix it up, sometimes I will write a lot and do the old stuff, sometimes I just want to present the results and stats, then I will go with this one. Varietas delectat.

Valor, thanks, bro. Was looking for some simple stuff :)

Justine., quote's gone. thanks ;)

maksie, thank you. Cousins was on fire. He's lighten it up lately which is also because I finally hit my FTs with him. Will write about that soon.

Axel., the Wolves are really good in my D. By acquiring Hamilton, they actually have five guys on the floor who have special strenghts which can be lethal when combined the right way:

Love (rebounds, shooting, inside scoring), Beasley (ridiculous scorer from everywhere), Johnson (athletic finisher and defender), Hamilton (shooter - can score without having the ball in his hands), Flynn (quick playmaker).

you can beat their bench pretty well though, problem is that my bench ain't too good either.

Thanks for your opinions. I hope I can post an article today or tomorrow and then I will be up to England visiting a buddy of mine in Cambridge and also travelling to London. Looking forward. :wink:
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics II (8-21) - Off to London soon ;)

Postby Valor on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:52 pm

Woah, have fun man! :chug:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby µTorrent on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Take care buddy! :hump:
µTorrent

Postby Houndy on Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:05 am

Have fun in England. I love the layout now (Y)
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Cruzerr on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:59 am

Damn, England ! Going to there this summer too, wish you good luck in there.
Cruzerr

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:09 am

Neat recap style, quick and concise (Y)

EDIT - My bad, have a great time in UK man, gotta admit that go to England is a dream of mine :)
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby The X on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:16 am

Enjoy UK (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby debiler on Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:58 pm

Hey, have fun in GB. Me and my girlfriend are going there in September for the fourth year in a row (2x Scotland, 2x Wales and England). I just love the countryside. Actually, it's one of the few countries I find prettier than Germany.

Anyway, I like your new recap style. But keep the special features like the Cuban story arc coming. And if something great happens in a game, give it some attention. Other than that, the articles are good. (Y)
debiler

Postby Alpha_ on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Have a great time in London bro! (Y)
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:34 pm

Enjoy. Get me a souvenir!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame