Hov's Kings - Retired

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Hov's Sonics II (9-24) - Paused

Postby hova- on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:06 am

It did not take as long as I thought since I spent a lot of time editing the rookies for 2k11 and had to redo them once when my game crashed. So I knew them all. I did not really edit the scrubs though. Only gave them bad ratings.

Still, about 15-20 hours of work I guess, did it over the last two weeks. Some contracts still need to be adjusted and I also want to edit some ratings, since my story did not represent RL in every facette. (Arenas going crazy for example, I need to make him better for my D)

It's a shame that I have to retire Shaq and Yao, since they aren't in the game anymore.

My main motivation is, that there won't be a "real" NBA season this year (at least 2011 I think) and thus, without rookies, I don't want to start a new dynasty that bases on pretty much no offseason moves etc. but only on the last season. So I thought why not trying to go on with this multiverse.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:10 pm

woah....this is awesome stuff man, props to you for making the conversion :chug: looking forward to it!
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:40 pm

hova- wrote:My main motivation is, that there won't be a "real" NBA season this year (at least 2011 I think) and thus, without rookies, I don't want to start a new dynasty that bases on pretty much no offseason moves etc. but only on the last season. So I thought why not trying to go on with this multiverse.

Very nice. Shame I'm 3 seasons in. Too much work to do trying to convert (N)

Good idea given lockout, that's why I'm looking at other ways to play game (with '95/96 historical rosters etc)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Houndy on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:23 am

You don't have to retire Yao/Shaq. They have DNA's of them on 2kshare
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby hova- on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:28 pm

Houndy wrote:You don't have to retire Yao/Shaq. They have DNA's of them on 2kshare

I guess they look pretty much like generics then ... don't know yet, will have a look.

Btw, this won't start before the 2k media site launches, because it's pretty helpful for me.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:27 pm

The create-a-player is actually one of the things they really improved on this year. You can actually make players who don't all look like aliens. It's your call, but I reckon its worth it as they're bound to retire soon anyway (Shaq at least)
Lamrock

Postby Houndy on Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:54 am

hova- wrote:
Houndy wrote:You don't have to retire Yao/Shaq. They have DNA's of them on 2kshare

I guess they look pretty much like generics then ... don't know yet, will have a look.

There's a group of people on OS that found a way to get the cyberfaces and put it on CAPs, you can see the thread here
Houndy

Postby The X on Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:31 pm

Houndy wrote:
hova- wrote:

There's a group of people on OS that found a way to get the cyberfaces and put it on CAPs, you can see the thread here

I don't think you can do that on PS3
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Back home

Postby hova- on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:59 am

Sonics ... no more
August, 20th, Seattle front office.

Coach and GM Hova is sitting in his office and answering a phone call.

"What?? You gotta be kidding ... meet tomorrow ... well okay ... we will meet tomorrow and then let's see what he's got in mind with the franchise. Yeah, yeah, thanks. Cheers".
"Wow, this must be the best thing that could happen to me", I was saying to myself and went over to the coffee dispenser.
All the trouble, all the pressure kind of fell of me for at least a second. The Maloof Brothers were out. Out of Seattle, out of the Sonics franchise, just out.
They sold the franchise. "They really sold the motherfucking franchise", I was speaking out my thoughts.
For them, it was not efficient anymore, their agent told me on the phone. "Economically not efficient", I said to myself. That is great.
Still the Maloof's Agent could not tell me who would be the new owner of the franchise. Right now, I did not care.
Sure, I was hoping for someone who was really more into basketball and the team than attendance numbers. Somebody who had the same passion that I had for basketball.
And although I did not know who had taken over the businesses I was definitely hoping that I could work with less pressure and keep my job for longer now.
I finished my cup of coffee, took my suit and my hat, and switched off the light. An new start for the Sonics ...?

August 21st, Sonics Front Office.

GM and Coach Hova with the new owner of the franchise in his office.

"It's you?", I was definitely surprised.
"It's me, Chris", the tall black man answered while shaking my hand. I made us two cups of coffee while he took a seat and had a look at the Sonics posters on the wall.
"The Seattle Supersonics ...", he started to talk while I was preparing our drinks, "I tell you one thing, Chris, at first I did not really want to buy this ball club ..."
"You didn't?", I answered, "so why did you buy it then?".
"Weeell, it's that pins and needles all over my body, Chris, I just can't let go of basketball. I want to be part of the business again", he answered.
"Sounds good", I said and added "I can't tell you how pleased I am with the fact that the Maloofs are gone and you're taking their place in this franchise now".
"Yeah, they're some pesky dudes, man, I understand you. But to get back to why I bought the Sonics ...", he continued.
"First of all, this team was goddam cheap", he laughed taking a sip of his coffee, I pretended a smile although I did not find it funny at all.
"But that's not the only thing, Chris. I really believe in you and your team. I know your coaching style, I like it. I like how you have put together this roster and I also see a lot of potential in this team", the tall man opened the first two buttons of his jacket, I nodded.
"You know, Tyreke Evans, Luis Chase, David West, Demarcus Cousins, I think we can really make some noise in that league. Even in this tough Division, with the Lakers and Clippers going hard for the Playoffs, I think we can be better than Phoenix and Golden State and make the Playoffs, I really do ..", he sounded more and more like he was aiming for a climax in his sentence.
"That's great", I answered, "It's good to know that you trust in what I've been trying to build here."
"But there's one thing Chris", he was now leaning out of his armchair and putting away the cup of coffee. "There's one thing that I want to change", his eyes begann to glare.
"And that is what ...? Some trades? Staff personal? Something I can maybe do for you?", I asked curiously.
"No, Chris, it's bigger", he replied quickly. "I want to go back home ...."

hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics no more ...

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:15 am

:(
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Mavs4Life on Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:19 am

Noooooooooooooooo! I'm gonna miss this one, sad how it had to end like this. Hope you start another one at some point in time,Hova. :(
Mavs4Life

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:17 pm

Tall black man with pins and needles on his body. EVERYONE, TO THE BRAIN PODS, and start throwing names off the hat :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:11 pm

Uh oh
Houndy

Postby dare on Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Go back home? Returning to Sacramento?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Lamrock on Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:54 am

That would be turrible if we lost another team. :P
Lamrock

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:28 pm

:lol:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Re: Hov's ... - An Hovesque Dynasty

Postby hova- on Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Tyreke Evans in the new alternate jersey, Luis Chase presenting the home jersey and David West the road uniform

Kings make comeback to NBA as Webber takes over businesses

SACRAMENTO - SEATTLE, September 1st (AP)

After just one year of NBA basketball the comeback of the Seattle Supersonics has taken an an abrupt end as the former Kings All-Star Chris Webber has bought the franchise and brings it back to Sacramento.

The 38-year old ex-King Webber was eager to get an NBA-franchise back to Sacramento. "It was just one year but I really couldn't stand Sac-Town without Bball", Webber said. Questioned after his former dislike against the city during his playing days, Webber said that this was a whole different situation now. "At that time, I thought the city wasn't the best place to play, being a small-market team and all that stuff, but no NBA basketball in Sacramento is just wrong."

Coach and General Manager Chris Hova expressed his surprise about the repeated move of the franchise. "It felt quite good here in Seattle", Hova said, "but we got this deal with the city of Sacramento and Seattle did not accept its Sonics as well as we had imagined when we moved this team", he said. And officially, that was one reason why the Maloof brother sold the franchise: bad attendance numbers.

Webber negotiated a deal with the city of Sacramento which will now renovate the Arco Arena so that it will be a modern basketball arena until the NBA season begins. Furthermore, Kevin Johnson, former Sacramento mayor will move into the head office of the Kings.

"We plan to make the Playoffs this season and build from that", Webber explained. "This team has a lot of talent in Tyreke Evans, Luis Chase and Demarcus Cousins, but also has the veterans you need with fellas like David West, Nazr Mohammed or Delonte West", the new owner claimed.

"We want to attack now", Kevin Johnson, who also pariticipated in the press conference, expressed.

The Kings will wear white jerseys on the road, which will be pretty similar to their jerseys in 03 and purple jerseys one the road which also resemble their 03 road jerseys. The alternate jersey is based on a special wish by Webber, who wanted back the black road jerseys from his time with the Kings. They will serve as their alternates now.

Kobe wants to make it four in a row ...
Clippers challenge Lakers ...
Nash looking for a title in LA ...
Kings back to the NBA ...
Lance Meredith forms three headed monster in NYC ...
Can Boston have another shot at the title ...
The Heat is on: Miami want those rings ...
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics no more ... let's go!

Postby Houndy on Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:29 am

Niceeeeee, can't wait for some updates :o
Houndy

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:28 am

I feel bad for Seattle :lol::, hoping being under the Kings moniker again proves to be the magic touch needed to win more games
qfrmcpt310

Postby Martti. on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:41 am

Personally I like 2K11's gameplay more, though I have played 2K12 very little. LeBron and Wade were much less effective (And I'm gueesing Evans and Chase too) because of 2K12 being more jump-shot orientated. But the best of luck with this, glad this still has a beating heart. :D
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby The X on Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:14 am

Nice. Glad to see them back in Sacto City
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mavs4Life on Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:03 pm

Oh..., well now I feel stupid. :lol:
Mavs4Life

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Great choice man (Y) Nice to see Tyreke back in Sacto.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Axel The Great on Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:45 pm

I really like that Kings alternate jersey, I hope you use it often. Hopefully your team gets better attendance numbers in Sac-town. :wink:
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby hova- on Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:29 pm

Thanks for your replies, guys! Looking forward to keeping this thing going as I really fell in love with "my" league and the teams etc. (that's why I converted the roster despite being a lot of work)

Let me name you a few reasons why I went back to Sacramento:

1. The 96 Sonics in 2k12 play with Stockton-shorts! I don't know why, in 2k11 they had the usual short length and I don't think they still had the short length in 1996. It looks akward when Luis Chase or Tyreke Evans wear those Stockton-shorts.

2. If you play with a customized league, the commentators will not talk about the "around the league" stuff. At least they did not in 2k11. So I never saw any Conference rankings, stats etc. which I think is really a nice feature that adds a realistic touch to the game. Didn't want to pass on that this time.

3. The classic team courts + broadcast cam: the classic team courts don't look as good as the ones of the current teams. Especially the Sonics court has that strange hardwood scheme that I don't like. Further, the Kings court looks really cool and I also like that new broadcast cam feature, which only goes for current teams.

And now let me explain some facts about this dynasty that may have changed from the last season:

1. This D starts with the beginning of the 2011-2012 season, as if the Sonics had never played any games in that season and moved to Sac-Town before the season.

2. All the rookies are included, like Lance (NYK), Chase (SAC), Leroy Graham (CHA), Darryl Spencer (WAS) etc. they will have to proove themselves again but I tried to make them as close to the ones they were in 2k11. I recommend to look at this photoseries I and this photoseries II if you'd like to have a quick overview of the first rounders.

3. The big trades that happened during the 2011-2012 season of the Sonics will still remain and be treated like they happened during offseason. Thus, the Steve Nash to LA trade and the David West to Sac-Town trade were executed during offseason and are preserved.

4. The upcoming rookie class will still be the same. So those guys, who were allowed to design a rookie (I think Martti. and puttin iirc): your rookies will be in the draft class. Take a look at the first two scouting reports for two of the top rookies for 2012 NBA draft: Alvin Lewis - Rodney Brown

5. To give you a quick overview of the teams, I will repost the Division Previews with some slight changes: Yao will retire (don't want him as a generic ... looks akward), the Kings(Sonics) roster will also have minor changes (Jarvis Hayes, Mikki Moore not in the game) and some other teams as well. Nothing big though. I will post them step by step.

6. For those of you, who really want to get more into this one (I don't know if there's anybody at all), I suggest to read through the second post of this thread. It's an archive of the whole story.

7. I want to thank you for your support, let's get this going soon.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame