Hov's Kings - Retired

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Hov's Kings (2-14) - I'm D-Will and we get this thing go

Postby Lamrock on Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:05 am

Hopefully Deron can finally change your culture to a winning one. Should be fun to watch. Would like to see what your rotation looks like after the trade though.
Lamrock

Postby hova- on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:52 am

Lamrock wrote:Hopefully Deron can finally change your culture to a winning one. Should be fun to watch. Would like to see what your rotation looks like after the trade though.

Read my second to last post. I wrote a little essay about the D-Will trade but nobody commented on it so I put up the story thang to get this thing going.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:55 am

Yup, there it is. Missed it because I only saw the last chapter.
Lamrock

Postby The X on Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:36 am

Your roster is looking solid, but for your talent on the wings.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby qfrmcpt310 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Im liking the team alot better after the trade and Deron seems like he will be just what you needed judging from that Mavs game he won for you
qfrmcpt310

Postby Valor on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:21 pm

Good write-up (Y) nice to see you starting off with a win :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:36 am

Thanks for your comments, guys. I will post an update soon before stopping this one when I'm abroad.

One thing: I think one reason for the Kings sucking that much was - I hate to say it - sliders. I really felt like being cheated by the CPU at times when guys like Calderon lit me up inside or David West couldn't hit any open shot etc. It felt like the CPU had some advantage, even though we had the same sliders.

I played around with the sliders lately and really found out some interesting stuff that helps my team being better, even though I don't use different slider sets for the CPU and me.
For example, I did not get many rebounds with Cousins/West despite having decent rebound rating. A reason for this was, that they both have a bad vertical, something which is way too important in the game for rebounding, while it isn't IRL.

Further neither the CPU nor me had enough TOs, which is bad for a team like my Kings, as I have the Fastbreak coaching option on 95 and like to run (who wouldn't with guys like Evans or now Williams)

I had two games with the new sliders, one was a clear loss, but it felt very very deserved, something that wasn't the case before often. The other one was a win, with me simply being the better team (it was against the Bobcats, who really stink it up in this D)

I was tired of loosing against bad teams like the craptors or the Warriors being lit up by Curry, Ellis, Calderon etc inside and blown away by guy hitting contested threes. Now it's looking better. This will affect this D for sure, but the D-Will trade did either, so don't blame the slider change for the Ws coming up more often ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby The X on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:36 pm

You don't need to apologise. We all know 2K12 is pretty broke on default or sim sliders. You have to go with some wacky combinations to get a more realistic & fair game.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:45 am

Game plays night and day better with a good set of rosters with realistic tendencies. Barring that, sliders should help a lot. Hope you come up with a good set for you. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Red Rocket on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:24 pm

Good pickup with D-Will. Good luck with him, as I'd bet you could slowly rebuild this squad.
Into the Fire - HEAT 2K13 Association (NBA 2K13)
Red Rocket

Postby hova- on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:09 pm

Greetings from Greater Accra guys!
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:17 am

:ust caught up with this in about 18 hours. lovin this! D-Will trade is great.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby hova- on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Okay guys, just wanted to let ya know that I'm back from Accra, Ghana and that I want to continue this. Should find some time as I will have a better schedule this semester.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:34 am

Welome Back HOV!
SuperHueyNewton

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:39 am

Very good (Y) Will be looking forward to your return and following this.
[Hyperize]

Postby Valor on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:13 am

Good to see you back around here Hov, can't wait till you resume activities in your D again (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mavs4Life on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:16 am

Welcome back, good to see this will continue on. :D
Mavs4Life

Postby Martti. on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:00 am

Wow, any pictures from the trip? Would love to see them.

Good to see you back, I want to know how the D-Will experiment works out.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby hova- on Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:13 am

Thanks for your replies, guys. Martti., you can add me on facebook : Christoph Bit is my name. I've uploaded an album.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby hova- on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Just for your information guys, I decided to play the rest of December and then give you a recap of what has happened so far. May take a few days, but it's good to start from January 2012.

Meanwhile you could read this, if you haven't already:

Deron Williams for Tyreke Evans deal Essay
I'm D-Will and we fucking get this thing goin'!
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Sonics (9-20) - What up Seattle? December's over .

Postby hova- on Fri May 11, 2012 12:47 am

December 2011 Recap Part I

Team Standings

Dominating the NBA: Dwyane Wade and the Miami Heat are the best team in the league right now.

2011 is over, but things have not changed in the NBA. The 2011 champ LA Lakers are still on top of the West, while the Miami Trice is jumping from one W to another.
But things might change soon as two of the NBA top stars have been victims of injuries lately: Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard.
Bryant has led his Lakers to a 23-5 start before colliding with team mate Kwame Brown, breaking the jaw of the six-time champion. "Right now it's tough", GM Mitch Kupchack of the Lakers said recently. "He's out for at least one month. Even communication is hard right now, he definitely took a big hit". The injury occured when Bryant and Brown both were going for an offensive rebound after a Kobe-miss. Kwame Brown hit Bryant[/] with his elbow right at the jaw. So far the Lakers haven't minded and won two straight without their franchise player and top scorer.

[u]Dwight Howard's
injury is a different thing. The 7-0 big man is out with a herniated disc in his back which will cause him to miss at least two more months. Howard, who was leading his team in points (20.8), rebounds (12.9) and blocks (1.9) per game already had problems with his back earlier this season, causing his field goal percentage to drop by a big margin (.49%). "Something just felt wrong. I had this pain when I tried to relax and lay down", the All-Star center explained the progress of the injury. Howard had surgery last week, causing the Magic to loose six of their last ten.

Check out the Division Standings.

Atlantic Division: After a rough start, the Knicks have won seven of their last ten, taking the lead of the Atlatnic Division in front of the Boston Celtics. The Knicks' three-headed monster of Carmelo Anthony, Amar'e Stoudemire and rookie Lance Meredith has taken a blow though, as Stoudemire injured his wrist two games ago was listed day-to-day last game.
After another finals run last year, it looks like the Celtics are struggling more and more, doing their best to stay above .500%. The New Jersey Nets have won five out of twelve since acquiring Tyreke Evans, who is still struggling with a groin injury. The Raptors are still rebuilding, but can be proud of Andrea Bargnani[/], who is getting better and better.

[u]Central Division:
Chicago stays on top of the Central Division thanks to Derrick Rose and Carlos Boozer. The Pacers are almost at .66% which can be tributed to their strong play at home (15-1). Detroit is fighting for that eight seed as rookie George Randolph has had an impact to the worst team of last season. For the Cavaliers and Bucks, it seems like the signings of Baron Davis[U], [u]Vince Carter and Zach Randolph haven't been working out so far.

Southeast Division: LeBron James is maybe playing the best season any NBA baller has ever played, but it's always a special thing when individual performances lead to team success as the Heat are the best team in the league. The Magic have taken a hit with Dwight Howard out with injury, whilst the balanced Atlanta Hawks are on fire lately, winning nine out of their last ten games. The Bobcats show how a no-name team can win games by playing great defense (thanks to Tyrus Thomas, whilst the Wizards show how big talent does not win anything without a game plan in this league.

Northwest Division: Wow, who would have thought that. The Oklahoma City Thunder and last year's topscorer Kevin Durant only rank third in the Northwest with a 16-16 record. In front of them are two teams, who have a very balanced roster and a quiet environment. The Nuggets and Blazers both seem to have found their go-to-guys (Ty Lawson and Brandon Roy) and have sorrounded them with some great side-kicks. Interesting is, that even the last two seeds, Minnesota and Utah, still have great chances for the Playoffs, making this Division maybe the toughest of the league.

Pacific Division: Wow, this Lakers team is just sick. With the acquisition of Steve Nash, the Lakers have almost ensured themselves another trip to the finals (where a strong Miami team could await them). Even without Kobe, this team should have enough fire-power to stay on top of the West. The biggest surprise of the NBA are the Phoenix Suns. When your best player is called Grant Hill, you usually won't win too many games. The Suns do so, staying in the Playoff Race. Bit props should go out to Alvin Gentry, coaching a team of role players to a 17-12 record. The Clippers, Warriors and Kings are all disappointing looking at their rosters, but the season is still young.

Southwest Division: After having only one 50-win team last year, the South-West seems to have further regressed. Except San Antonio and Dallas, who are rock-solid, there is no team in the South-West one should be afraid of. On the other hand, there is also no team you want to play against in the South-West as the Hornets still have Chris Paul, the Grizzlies play tough basketball and the Rockets having variable scoring options.

Individual Statistics

Dwight Howard is leading the league in shotblocking and rebounding.

Looking at the league's leading scorers, it really catches one's eye that we have a lot of guys amongst the top 10 who haven't been regular guests before. Derrick Rose, Ty Lawson, Rudy Gay or Andrea Bargnani have somehow ousted the likes of veterans like Paul Pierce, Dirk Nowitzki or Carlos Boozer, who were still sitting amongst the league's best scorers by the end of last season.
Still, the fight for the scoring title seems to be a triathlon between LeBron James, Kevin Durant and Derrick Rose, who are all averaging over 28 points per game.
Looking at the other statistic departments, there aren't a lot of surprises. Knicks rookie Lance Meredith has emerged as one of the league's best shot blockers which may also have to do with the fact that the Knicks rely a lot on help defense.
Rajon Rondo might take the crown as the league's best passer for the 2nd year in a row, at least if he stays healthy.

Check the stats below.

hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: Hov's Kings (8-23) - December Recap Part I

Postby Lamrock on Fri May 11, 2012 5:49 am

Awesome to see this back (though 8-23 is karma for dumping Seattle for Excremento). Lance Meredith seems to be the virtual Anthony Davis, helping lead the Knicks' resurgence.
Lamrock

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Fri May 11, 2012 7:32 am

Glad to see this going again
Last edited by SuperHueyNewton on Sun May 13, 2012 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Valor on Sat May 12, 2012 1:47 am

Hov's back in action!! (Y) Hope to see a better performance and more wins in January though :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Sun May 13, 2012 2:23 am

Lamrock, considering that we were 2-14 before the D-Will trade, I think the team did improve quite well. Meredith is way better on offense than Davis, he is a solid scorer and has a decent mid range jumper in his arsenal.

SuperHueyNewton, thanks man. Hoping to post the R2MVP soon.

Valor, as I said before, D-Will improved this team, but still the roster is not balanced enough and the bench players aren't very good.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame