X's T'wolves (NBA 2K11)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): PLAYOFFS 2nd

Postby The X on Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:50 am

shadowgrin wrote:Needs moar Sixers coverage.

What's this moar that you are referring to? Once I know, I can cater for it :P

Sit wrote:Great work getting out of Mile High City with a series win! :)

I hope you guys make the NBA Finals.

Re: Love, I feel the same in real life. I don't think he's a franchise player but a really really good complimentary piece. I actually think Michael Beasley has potential to be lead player for current Wolves but he's not the superstar-caliber player that they need. Now that they have so many pieces though - they can make a deal for a legit superstar to play with Love and Rubio.

Yep, Nuggets were tough, as are all teams in the West. I hope I make it to & win Finals.

You jinxed Love by mentioning him (N)

Thierry • wrote:It was a nice game from Beasley, but my MVP goes to Afflalo, what a series for him :shock:

Afflalo has finally found his feet in Minny & he's been one of best players throughout the playoffs. He was definitely the MVP of the Nuggets series.

Justine. wrote:I guess Lamrock and you both needs a good luck. Durant will dominate you. But here's hoping you can win that title :)

I got lucky in Lakers & Nuggets series, but with Love injury the luck has dried up & I'll now have to do it the hard way. My strategy is to keep Durant to below 35ppg & make Westbrook take too many shots (& miss them) just like he does in big games IRL :cool:

Sit wrote:We must have jynxed him by praising Beasley.

It's a sad day in Minny, but hey, NBA 2K12 arrived in post today so not all bad.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:06 am

The fact you got 2K12 gives me hope it will be home when I get home :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:52 pm

AFFLALO!

jinx
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Valor on Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:30 pm

Still rooting for a T'Wolves championship despite you losing Love! (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:41 pm

Cheers guys. I've played the first 2 games of the series & it's tied 1-1. I haven't played in last 2 weeks due to lack of time. I'll try to get playoffs finalised at some point before I close this one off.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:51 pm

The X wrote:Cheers guys. I've played the first 2 games of the series & it's tied 1-1. I haven't played in last 2 weeks due to lack of time. I'll try to get playoffs finalised at some point before I close this one off.

Too busy with work, family and 2k12 ;)
Fresh8

Postby The X on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:11 am

Sit wrote:
The X wrote:Cheers guys. I've played the first 2 games of the series & it's tied 1-1. I haven't played in last 2 weeks due to lack of time. I'll try to get playoffs finalised at some point before I close this one off.

More the first two, 2K12 only for last day or two. I should really try to finish this off before I get too deep into 2K12 & don't want to go back.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:15 am

The X wrote:
Sit wrote:

More the first two, 2K12 only for last day or two. I should really try to finish this off before I get too deep into 2K12 & don't want to go back.

How do you think I feel with 2k9??? It feels so weird going back to the graphics and gameplay then! And to think I used to love 2k9!
Fresh8

Postby The X on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:23 am

Sit wrote:
The X wrote:
Sit wrote:

How do you think I feel with 2k9??? It feels so weird going back to the graphics and gameplay then! And to think I used to love 2k9!

Yep, I'm surprised you can do it. I didn't think 2K10 was as good as 2K9, so you didn't miss anything there. 2K11 & 2K12 are different story though.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): CONF FINALS

Postby The X on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:45 pm

Image 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS - CONFERENCE FINALS

EASTERN CONFERENCE

RESULT

(3)Philadelphia 2
(4)Chicago 4

Pivotal Moment: In the pivotal fifth game, with the series tied at 2 a piece, Bulls' point guard Derrick Rose hit a game winning layup on his way to a 41 point night as he helped Chicago beat the Sixers 101-100. Rose averaged 31.8ppg and 7.8apg for the series.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

RESULT

(6)Oklahoma City 3
(8)Minnesota 4

Pivotal Moments: After blowing a fourth quarter lead at home in game 6 of the series, the Timberwolves had to once again do it the hard way, winning the deciding seventh game away from home. It all looked in doubt as Kevin Durant (32.6ppg for series) started to take over in the fourth quarter, but super sixth man Arron Afflalo (25pts, 7/14 3Pt) hit some big time long balls to keep the Thunder at bay and lead the Timberwolves to the NBA Finals for the first time in franchise history.

Despite losing Kevin Love in the first quarter of game 1 of the series to a broken wrist that will effectively rule him out for the rest of the playoffs, super sub Arron Afflalo (18.7ppg, 48.8% 3Pt and 23.3 PER for playoffs) had another superb series (21.4ppg, 46.7% 3Pt) off the bench and provided the spark once again for the Timberwolves.

The Wolves got strong play out of forward Michael Beasley (20.6ppg, 7.4rpg for series) and rookie centre Jesse Brown, who became the team's starting centre in the final two games of the series and performed admirably after Love went down with injury (post-Love stats: 9.5ppg, 6.3rpg, 1.8bpg).

The Thunder once again fell short of their goal to make the Finals and win a title, and once again point guard Russell Westbrook should shoulder plenty of the blame in this series (18.0ppg on 37.3% FG for series and failed to step up in the pivotal game 7 as he was held to only 9 points).
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:53 pm

No Love, no worries :cool: Okay, I was worried. Love had 18 points in first 10-11 minutes of first quarter & was on fire. On his way to a career night. He was just the sort of player who would've dominated the OKC series and allowed me to finish it earlier, but alas, injury struck. Others stepped up though (Y)

Very tough series, had to really step up & throw everything at Durant to hold him to his 32ppg. Luckily Westbrook doesn't have a consistent outside shot so I could sag off him and help defend. I had to let Harden & Green light me up at times, but was happy with defence in the deciding game (held them to 43% shooting and 30% from 3Pt land).

Afflalo has been a beast. He should be starting but he seems to play better in a sixth man role. He had 34 points in one of the games in the OKC series and hit seven 3 pointers in two games during the series. Beasty!!! I think I've just got his sig shot down pat.

Aside from that, disappointing to see Dirk & Sixers miss out on Finals appearance, but Bulls seemed to win the close games & Rose was unstoppable.

My top 7 for Finals: J.Brown/M.Beasley/J.Buford/E.Gordon/R.Rubio/A.Afflalo(6)/J.Svensson(7)
Bulls' top 7 for Finals: J.Noah/C.Boozer/L.Deng/R.Brewer/D.Rose/T.Gibson(6)/C.J.Watson(7)

The dream continues :cool:

X's T'wolves: doing what Kevin Garnett & co could not :cool:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:12 am

Great job making the Finals, X. :applaud: Good luck against the Bulls without Love. They always beat me, but you guys are on fire.
Lamrock

Postby Houndy on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:40 am

Time to bring Minnesota it's first title!
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:28 am

Much deserved, X. So you're only the second 8th seed ever to reach the Finals, right? ('99 Knicks) That's impressive (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Renfield (2023), Rolling Thunder (1977), Tigers Are Not Afraid (2017) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby The X on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:47 am

Lamrock wrote:Great job making the Finals, X. :applaud: Good luck against the Bulls without Love. They always beat me, but you guys are on fire.

I think I can do it. I just have to contain Derrick Rose. Rookie Jesse Brown is playing well at the moment, so we will see how we go. I'm really happy with off-season moves I made (draft day trades for Afflalo, Humphries & Sharpe & also having two top 3 picks, who didn't do a lot during season but are both playing pivotal roles now that injuries struck). I have sufficient depth to cover one key injury, since many of my backups have been largely underutilised during the season.

I'm also loving that I made Finals before Sit did with Stealth in his 2K9 Association :P

Houndy wrote:Time to bring Minnesota it's first title!

Yep. Afflalo's on his way to a retired jersey in Minny at this rate, guy has been the different in all 3 series won to date.

Thierry • wrote:Much deserved, X. So you're only the second 8th seed ever to reach the Finals, right? ('99 Knicks) That's impressive (Y)

Cheers, yep, I believe you are correct, except I hope to go one better than '99 Knicks & win it all. Much like the '99 Knicks, we both had mediocre regular seasons & had rosters that suggest we were capable of top 4 seeds & then it all click together when playoffs started. Much like '11 Grizzlies, young squads sometimes can overcome huge hurdles because of their care free attitude.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:47 pm

The X wrote:I'm also loving that I made Finals before Sit did with Stealth in his 2K9 Association :P

Mines is more realistic. (Y)

Good luck in the Finals, first 8 seed to win a title. That would be something cool.
Fresh8

Postby Cruzerr on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Then again, your the only 8th seed to actually win it. Hopefully, I aint gonna jinx it. REALLY looking forward to the finals. Rooting mate.

Understanding that your vocale point is Rose, whos gonna be guarding him?
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby The X on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:33 am

Sit wrote:
The X wrote:I'm also loving that I made Finals before Sit did with Stealth in his 2K9 Association :P

Mines is more realistic. (Y)

Good luck in the Finals, first 8 seed to win a title. That would be something cool.

True that, although I've only made it this far since I've played all playoff games. Normally I'd sim half of games and wouldn't have got this far into playoffs. But since it may be my last Association story, might be good to finish with a fairytale.

Cruzerr wrote:Then again, your the only 8th seed to actually win it. Hopefully, I aint gonna jinx it. REALLY looking forward to the finals. Rooting mate.

Understanding that your vocale point is Rose, whos gonna be guarding him?

Likely Rubio and two bigger guards in Afflalo and Woolridge. If that doesn't work then maybe long, athletic wings like Buford or Sharpe. I've got options.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Martti. on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:25 am

Since I'm a Rubio-hater, rightfully so, I expect Rose to demolish you. :P Naah, I hope you win, that would force Stern to commit suicide, that bastard. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:28 am

Martti. wrote:Since I'm a Rubio-hater, rightfully so, I expect Rose to demolish you. :P Naah, I hope you win, that would force Stern to commit suicide, that bastard. (Y)

Minnesota didn't make the Finals until Rubio joined. Suck on thta BITCH!
Fresh8

Postby Cruzerr on Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:32 pm

Sit wrote:
Martti. wrote:Since I'm a Rubio-hater, rightfully so, I expect Rose to demolish you. :P Naah, I hope you win, that would force Stern to commit suicide, that bastard. (Y)

It feels so...wrong.
Cruzerr

Postby The X on Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Sit wrote:

Cruzerr wrote:
Sit wrote:

It feels so...wrong.

Rubio is a starter in title only. Afflalo is my team's second best guard after Eric Gordon (although AA has been my best guard in playoffs). Rubio has been solid at times, but hasn't had any standout games in these playoffs, unlike Afflalo, Beasley, Gordon & Buford.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:44 pm

The X wrote:

Sit wrote:

Cruzerr wrote:
Sit wrote:

It feels so...wrong.

Rubio is a starter in title only. Afflalo is my team's second best guard after Eric Gordon (although AA has been my best guard in playoffs). Rubio has been solid at times, but hasn't had any standout games in these playoffs, unlike Afflalo, Beasley, Gordon & Buford.

His influence does not show in the numbers, (Y)
Fresh8

Postby Cruzerr on Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:12 pm

Sits comment is gold tbh. More of a mental thing :D
Cruzerr

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Rubio is to the Wolves as what Brian Scalabrine was to the Celtics.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame