X's T'wolves (NBA 2K11)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: X's T'wolves Association (NBA 2K11): 2012/13 OPENING ROS

Postby Mavs4Life on Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:28 am

Nice team, I think your bench will dominate.
Mavs4Life

Postby dare on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:06 am

Start Buford. Who is that I.Kaffa for the Lakers?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby The X on Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:49 am

shadowgrin wrote:Opening Night of the new season is nearing bitches. Hype this shite up!

No hype needed. All substance :cool:

Mavs4Life wrote:Nice team, I think your bench will dominate.

Yep, I think my team's depth is its strength. I am thinking (hoping) a different player will step up each game to get my W's :P

dare wrote:Start Buford. Who is that I.Kaffa for the Lakers?

Buford is a rookie. He will earn his minutes. Nothing is handed to anybody :P

Remember Johan Svensson didn't play much early as a rookie but once injuries hit he got his chance & never let go of it :cool:

If Buford plays well then I may have to consider trading Beas, but still too early to decide.

As for Kaffa, he as #29 or #30 pick in 2011 NBA Draft by the Lakers. He's a PG from overseas I believe. Not South African for those who were wondering. Lakers are turrible since Kaffa is only rated like 61. Even Wilt Witt is 10 rating points better than that & would be a huge upgrade at PG. Losing Fish to retirement, then Odom to free agency & not adding anybody due to cap & low draft picks, Lakers are sliding quick. YOu never know though, Kaffa might surprise :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:41 am

The X wrote:
Sit wrote:Woooooo go YUNG FUCKERS!!!! I mean... YUNG BUCKS :D

You seem happier hanging with Bogut than Oden :P

haha cause we are aussies. Reminds of that Adam Sandler movie where the aussie guy is going 'come on you young fucker, kick the balll!' I can't even remember the name of the actor...

Also... looks like it won't be long before the Second Coming of Wilt.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Valor on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:25 pm

Bulls still needs an upgrade at the two...lets hope Ronnie Brewer has more on the offensive end in the virtual world of X :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Valor wrote:Bulls still needs an upgrade at the two...lets hope Ronnie Brewer has more on the offensive end in the virtual world of X :)

Bulls are top of pre-season power rankings. I think Rose is going to have a phenomenal season but for some reason I don't see them winning the title. Conference Finals is their destiny. I agree they need some better depth. They are desperately trying to get a better SG but they've been drafting too low. Shame they couldn't get the great Mormon, Andrew Andrew.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:58 pm

Hey guys, just thought I'd share something I found pretty cool. My rookie 6'5" point guard Dwight Woolridge (#14 pick) from Kansas has a unique free throw style. When I rocked up for his first career free throws, I completely botched the release point. That is because he shoots granny style, ala nerdy guy off Hoosiers movie. I know many would edit this & jumpshot styles for realism purposes, but I'm going to let each generic have a life of their own. Definitely a pleasant surprise. :cool:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association (NBA 2K11): 2012/13 (0-6)

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:57 pm

Just say Rick Barry, X. You and your movie reference. :shake:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:31 am

0-6. Classic Wolves
Lamrock

Postby The X on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:00 am

shadowgrin wrote:Just say Rick Barry, X. You and your movie reference. :shake:

Yes, I could've said Rick Barry but I'm not sure all the readers would've got that. Maybe I should've referenced both :P

Lamrock wrote:0-6. Classic Wolves

Yep, it's 0-2 in game (0-6 pro-rata). With short seasons you don't have much time to learn your new players, especially considering I don't play pre-season. I think long layoff between seasons due to playoffs, off-season & RL stuff meant I'm very rusty. Got smashed but a pretty good Knicks team in opener & then my sim team let me down against Nets (N)

Hopefully I can get back on track quickly. Nobody said it would be easy :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:18 am

I'm sure the Wolves will bounce back, X (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Larvae on Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:56 pm

Agreed with Thierry •. :mrgreen:
Nothing is in possible (Y) It won't that long for you to get back on track :mrgreen:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby The X on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Thierry • wrote:I'm sure the Wolves will bounce back, X (Y)

Larvae wrote:Agreed with Thierry •. :mrgreen:
Nothing is in possible (Y) It won't that long for you to get back on track :mrgreen:

:lol: Calm down guys. In reality I'm only 0-2 (pro-rata 0-6). If I drop another few in a row then I'm in trouble.

Btw Larvae, love the sig (Y) Pistol's the best :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Larvae on Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:23 pm

The X, Thanks man! :mrgreen:
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Re: X's T'wolves Association (NBA 2K11): 2012/13 (3-8)

Postby The X on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:26 am

Image WOLVES OPEN UP SOME ROSTER SPACE

With 17 players under contract to open the season, something had to give in Minneapolis. Opening the season 0-6, the Minnesota Timberwolves send forwards Corey Brewer and Jordan Hill to the Toronto for the Raptors' 2013 1st Round pick.

Corey Brewer had been disgruntled since the Timberwolves traded for Eric Gordon last season, who went and stole his starting shooting guard spot. Brewer is expected to play a pivotal role as the Raptors' new starting small forward. After picking up Jaime Buford and Aaron Afflalo during the off-season, Brewer became expendable for the Timberwolves. Meanwhile big man Jordan Hill never found traction in Minnesota as he had his minutes taken off him by Johan Svensson and now Kris Humphries. Hill opened the season on the IR, but will have a chance to earn solid minutes in Toronto.

The prize for the Timberwolves is another first round pick from Toronto (after they picked Jesse Brown with the Raptors 2012 1st Round pick), the clearing of cap space ($7.5 million) and roster space (down from 17 to 15, despite Sharpe and Warren still being in the D-League).

Unless they can turn around their season quickly, look for Minnesota to make more trades. Coach Jay Triano won't be given too long to turn this talented young team around.

Projected Rotations:

Minnesota: J.Svensson/K.Love/M.Beasley/E.Gordon/R.Rubio/F.Bradley(6th)/J.Buford(R)(7th)
    Toronto: A.Bargnani/E.Davis/C.Brewer/C.Smith/J.Jack/D.Derozan(6th)/T.Prince(7th)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): TRADE (3-8)

Postby The X on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:25 pm

Image VIDS OF THE DAY

phpBB [video]

Rookie Jaime Buford on debut!!!

phpBB [video]

Marcel Moore anybody?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): AN X FIRST (

Postby The X on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:28 pm

My HTC allows me to record and upload videos pretty easily so in a first for an X dynasty/Association, videos will appear.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby dare on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:17 pm

Was that Sven blocking the shot?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby The X on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:30 pm

dare wrote:Was that Sven blocking the shot?

Kris Humphries
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Larvae on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:01 pm

Solid lineup for both teams (Y)
Larvae
The Other Guy.

Postby Lamrock on Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:58 am

Excited for videos and for season 3 to get really underway. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby The X on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:38 pm

Ŀąŗvæ™ wrote:Solid lineup for both teams (Y)

Yep, Raptors have been going very well since trade. Brewer is averaging like 18-19ppg since trade :P

Lamrock wrote:Excited for videos and for season 3 to get really underway. (Y)

:cool:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): DAILY VID(11

Postby The X on Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Image VID OF THE DAY

phpBB [video]

Rookie Jaime Buford is really setting the league on fire with his ferocious dunks. Check out this nasty flush against the Suns. Minnesota would lose this game but did beat Dallas in their next game to finish the week at 11-11.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:16 pm

I'm still not 100% sure on where my team stands. I'm glad I dealt Brewer & Hill for the future 1st. Even if it's late lottery/early mid 1st Round, I don't mind.

Performance wise, here's a bit of a breakdown of how everybody is going so far (I've put approximate ratings in for you ratings fiends, they might be one or two off either way):

STARTERS

PF- Johan Svensson (78): Solid but unspectacular. I'm playing him out of position as starting centre due to roster also having Love & Beasley. His numbers are slightly above across the board. As for his future, I'd like to keep him long term but not sure if his role would be better suited as first big off bench or as a starting PF (ala Charles Oakley brand) in which case I need to add a quality starting centre, which are hard to come by.

PF- Kevin Love (83): Has been disappointing so far, averaging around 15 & 9 last time I checked. It might be that I'm not going through him or maybe it's just that I gave him huge contract. Either way, I need to get more out of him.

PF- Michael Beasley (84): He's starting at SF but he's more or less a placeholder. Eventually this season I will pull the trigger & give that starting spot to number one pick Jaime Buford. Beasley is a bit one dimensional & playing next to Love, I need a better a defender. Beasley is either eventually going to have to settle into a 6th man role or be traded for a big (I think I can use him to get Bogut). He's averaging around 16ppg I believe. One thing he does have going for him is he's a strong sim player (half my games are sim), whereas Love is a weak sim player.

SG- Eric Gordon (82): EG has been my best player so far this season, averaging close to 20ppg & often keeping me in games. I think he's going to become untradeable soon. For some reason the last few games have made me think that this team's future is Gordon & Buford & I need to put pieces around these two, despite throwing huge dollars at Love & Beasley.

PG- Ricky Rubio (79): I'm still getting use to his style of play. He's my starting PG, averaging around 8ppg, 9apg & 2spg. A little bit too turnover prone, but he's been solid. I don't think I can win a title with him as my starting PG. Read into that how you may. He's also still disgruntled. I don't think he'll ever be happy in Minnesota.

BENCH

SF- Jaime Buford (76): He was a little bit up & down but he's shown flashes of great potential. I think he's going to be an All-Star but he's not going to be a superstar. He's more of a Pippen/Iggy type player as far as his impact on game at both ends. I think he'll be starting by season's end. Averaging about 11 & 5 off the bench last time I checked.

PG- Floyd Bradley (77): Bradley is in a sophomore funk, which is highly disappointing. I thought he would press Rubio for the starting spot. At the moment I trust rookie point guard Dwight Woolridge with backup minutes, such is Bradley's struggles. Floyd has been turnover prone & seems more Robert Pack than Steve Francis. It's only early in his career (& the season) so I'm not too alarmed yet, but it is a worry. Last time I checked he was averaging around 9ppg.

C- Jesse Brown (70): Brown is like many rookies, good one game, disappears the next. He followed up a 10 point, 9 rebound, 7 block effort with 2 points & 2 boards the very next game. His offense is very raw, but defensively he's good. He boards well & blocks & alters shots. He's averaging 2bpg in about 15-20 minutes per game. Defensively he's got shades of Alonzo Mourning.

SG- Aaron Afflalo (67): Afflalo's shot & minutes have been inconsistent to date. Hoping for more consistent play soon.

PG- Dwight Woolridge (61): I've been very impressed with him to date. Like in pre-draft workouts, he's a heady 6'5" PG who I envision being a very long-term backup. He's got a nice outside shot & does a little bit of everything alright.

Let me know thoughts guys. I think Love will improve, but might have to deal Beasley & Bradley. But I don't want to pull trigger prematurely so going to play a bit more & maybe one of them dealt prior to trade deadline.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:38 pm

The X wrote:PF- Kevin Love (83): Has been disappointing so far, averaging around 15 & 9 last time I checked. It might be that I'm not going through him or maybe it's just that I gave him huge contract. Either way, I need to get more out of him.

Check his overall shot tendency. iirc touches affect gameplay while overall shot tendency affects sim.

PG- Ricky Rubio (79): I'm still getting use to his style of play. He's my starting PG, averaging around 8ppg, 9apg & 2spg. A little bit too turnover prone, but he's been solid. I don't think I can win a title with him as my starting PG. Read into that how you may. He's also still disgruntled. I don't think he'll ever be happy in Minnesota.

Someone is certainly thinking too far ahead. :lol:

Robert Pack is awesome X. :x
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame