X's T'wolves (NBA 2K11)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): CONF FINALS

Postby The X on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:26 pm

shadowgrin wrote:Rubio is to the Wolves as what Brian Scalabrine was to the Celtics.

Which reminds me, why is Scalabrine on my roster? With Love injured, I could've really used his skills since Mark Madsen is no longer in the game :cool:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Valor on Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:21 am

Man, I'm torn on this one :lol: I love your team but the Bulls are...the Bulls so I guess I'm gonna hop off your bandwagon and head back to supporting my team, sorry X (Y) :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:41 pm

Can't believe that you made it to the Finals. What a feat. Some 1999 Knicks style. Good luck beating the Bulls. Oh, and I hope you won't retire after this story ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby The X on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:50 pm

Valor wrote:Man, I'm torn on this one :lol: I love your team but the Bulls are...the Bulls so I guess I'm gonna hop off your bandwagon and head back to supporting my team, sorry X (Y) :P

Hater :lol: Nah, that's alright. You were only person who thought my team had it in them to make it this far so all good :P

hova- wrote:Can't believe that you made it to the Finals. What a feat. Some 1999 Knicks style. Good luck beating the Bulls. Oh, and I hope you won't retire after this story ;)

Yep, I've cheated though by playing all games in playoffs. If I had kept simming half of them, I'd have been knocked out a couple of rounds back.

Yep, we have some similarities to Knicks, but also 2011 Grizzlies.

I'll eventually get to playing Finals, I've just been insanely busy at home & work. I've only played 2K12 a few times since it came out & haven't touched my PS3 in a while.

I won't retire from forums, but I think with what is going on at my life at the moment & what is going to be going on, it's not realistic to keep producing quality stories. If I can't produce quality stories then I don't want to produce any. Wish I had more time & could produce quality like my Bobcats' one from Live '05, but times change. Whilst I made one comeback, unlike MJ I don't think I will make two & instead keep to the how's your Association going. Ahh well, you can never say never.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mark. on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:01 pm

Get that ring, finish on a high! Love how Afflalo is tearing it up.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby hova- on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:27 am

The X wrote:
I'll eventually get to playing Finals, I've just been insanely busy at home & work. I've only played 2K12 a few times since it came out & haven't touched my PS3 in a while.

I won't retire from forums, but I think with what is going on at my life at the moment & what is going to be going on, it's not realistic to keep producing quality stories. If I can't produce quality stories then I don't want to produce any. Wish I had more time & could produce quality like my Bobcats' one from Live '05, but times change. Whilst I made one comeback, unlike MJ I don't think I will make two & instead keep to the how's your Association going. Ahh well, you can never say never.

I totally understand what you're saying. I mean, I don't have wife and kid ("only" a girlfriend) and still I don't get my Sonics going because of uni, work & other hobbies. It's a shame but I think that's just how it goes when you get older. Still hoping for an X comeback, your stories have always been very interesting to read and to discuss although they are not as "fancy" as other as I might just call it.

Get dem Wolves that ring.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby The X on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:13 am

Mark. wrote:Get that ring, finish on a high! Love how Afflalo is tearing it up.

Yep, can't argue with either of your points (Y)

hova- wrote:
The X wrote:

I totally understand what you're saying. I mean, I don't have wife and kid ("only" a girlfriend) and still I don't get my Sonics going because of uni, work & other hobbies. It's a shame but I think that's just how it goes when you get older. Still hoping for an X comeback, your stories have always been very interesting to read and to discuss although they are not as "fancy" as other as I might just call it.

Get dem Wolves that ring.

Whether it's a wife or girlfriend, they still suck up all your time. Unfortunately growing up doesn't have all the perks to it. There is a lot of good and there's a bit of downside too. Looking back when I was in uni, those were great years. Although I wanted a girlfriend at the time (for the obvious reasons :lol: ), I'm kind of glad I didn't because I had so much time to study, work part-time, drink, play computer games, sleep in, watch TV, chill out. I feel a little sorry for some uni students today because many I know work 20-30 hours plus study plus have a girlfriend. Looking back, 10 hours per week work plus study plus no girlfriend means more spare time :cool:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): GM 1 & 2 FIN

Postby The X on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:11 pm

Image 2013 NBA PLAYOFFS – NBA FINALS

NBA FINALS

GAME 1 - AIR GORDON LIGHTS UP CHICAGO FOR 46, WOLVES WIN

Chicago's favourite son, guard Eric Gordon, had a superb homecoming as he went for a career high 46 points to lead his Timberwolves to a decisive 107-97 win to steal home court advantage from the Bulls. Forward Michael Beasley (25 points) and point guard Ricky Rubio (7 points, 7 assists, 6 steals, 2 turnovers) also contributed to the win.

The Bulls' top performers were power forward Carlos Boozer (26 points, 8 rebounds) and point guard Derrick Rose (18 points, 10 assists, 4 steals, 5 turnovers).

GAME 2 - NOAH STEALS THE BALL, BULLS PREVAIL IN NAILBITER

"NOAH STOLE THE BALL, HE STOLE THE BALL, IT'S ALL OVER!!!" And with that, the series moves to Minnesota tied at one after the Bulls rallied on numerous occasions in the second half to steal the win 103-102 after Bulls' centre Joakim Noah stole an inbounds pass meant for Eric Gordon with about two seconds to go in regulation. The Timberwolves had a chance to essentially ice the series early, almost taking an unassailable 2-0 lead back home but couldn't close it out against the feisty Bulls.

The Bulls once again got a great game from Carlos Boozer (36 points, 16 rebounds) and Derrick Rose (14 points, 14 assists, 4 steals, 4 turnovers) found other ways to impact the game despite a rough shooting night (5/17 FG). Meanwhile, Minnesota didn't capitalise on another strong game from Eric Gordon (34 points).
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): GM 1 & 2 FIN

Postby The X on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Absolutely epic game 2. I was so gutted I lost the game. If I had won it, I would've been in box seat to win the title. I'm still a good chance though, but going to need my bench to step up. Afflalo has come back down to Earth in Finals so far, game 1 he had 0 points on 0/5 shooting (0/4 3Pt).
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): FINALS GMS 1

Postby dare on Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:31 pm

Your doing a great job on Rose so far. Still got a good chance of winning this at home.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby hova- on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Well done with the split in Chi-Town. If you manage to make use of home court, I see you winning this series!
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mandich on Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Gordon is a beast
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby The X on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:33 am

dare wrote:Your doing a great job on Rose so far. Still got a good chance of winning this at home.

Yep, I've done a solid job on Rose but in doing so, Boozer's been killing me. I've got to make some adjustments now that series is heading to Minneapolis.

hova- wrote:Well done with the split in Chi-Town. If you manage to make use of home court, I see you winning this series!

Given I play best of 5, if I win all my home games then I do indeed win the series :wink:

mandich wrote:Gordon is a beast

He definitely has been in this series :cool:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): FINALS GM 4

Postby The X on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:35 am

NBA FINALS

GAME 4 - WOLVES HOLD SERVE ON HOME COURT, ONE WIN AWAY FROM MAIDEN TITLE

Forward Michael Beasley (29 points) once again spurred Minnesota on through injury woes to lead the Timberwolves to a 92-84 win to take a 3-1 series lead. He got strong support from Ricky Rubio (14 points, 13 assists and only 1 turnover), who once again put the clamps down on Bulls' superstar point guard Derrick Rose (10 points, 4/11 FG, 11 assists, 3 turnovers). Bulls' forward Carlos Boozer (26 points, 8 rebounds) was once again the shining light for Chicago.

Minnesota will have one chance to close the series out in Minneapolis before the series heads back to Chicago for the deciding games.

ROOKIE JAIME BUFORD BREAKS ANKLE, WILL MISS REST OF FINALS

The Minnesota Timberwolves are going to have to try to close out the NBA Finals tomorrow night without their starting small forward, rookie Jaime Buford, who broke his ankle late in last night's game after landing on an opposing player's foot after making a hustle play late in the second quarter. Buford will now be forced to watch the rest of the series in a suit from the bench.

Minnesota's depth is really being tested, having already lost star power forward Kevin Love in the Oklahoma City series and now the versatiility of Buford will be sorely missed. The Bulls have to like their chances of coming back from a 3-1 deficit given the injuries to Buford and Love. Meanwhile, in the Bulls' camp, swingman Ronnie Brewer is still carrying a nagging groin strain that is clearly hampering his performances.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:37 am

Which means I'm now starting Brown, Svensson & Beasley in the frontcourt. Przy-bizz and Kris Kardashian will get meaningful minutes in game 5.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Cruzerr on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:57 am

I might be blind..but wheres game 3?

Edit: Nvm, skipped as I can tell, atleast you are doing good :D
Last edited by Cruzerr on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Lamrock on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:54 am

Playing a best of five and brilliantly skipping games 3 and 5 or 6. I love it.
Lamrock

Postby The X on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:47 pm

Lamrock wrote:Playing a best of five and brilliantly skipping games 3 and 5 or 6. I love it.

:lol: You're probably the only one :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:58 pm

NBA FINALS

GAME 5 - THE STATE OF MINNESOTA IN EUPHORIA, TIMBERWOLVES CROWNED NBA CHAMPIONS

Forward Michael Beasley (22 points, 9 rebounds) made the big plays time and time again down the stretch, point guard Ricky Rubio (17 points, 7 assists, 9/12 FT) made Rose work hard for his points all series long and made six free throws in the final minute to keep Derrick Rose (22 points, 14 assists) and the Bulls at bay, winning 98-94 to win the best of seven series 4 games to 1.

phpBB [video]
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves Association '12/13 (NBA 2K11): 2013 NBA FIN

Postby The X on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:09 pm

NBA FINALS

RESULT

(4)Chicago 1
(8)Minnesota 4

Pivotal Moment: The Timberwolves won throughout the playoffs solely based on their potent offense. With Love and Buford out of action, Minnesota had to rely on defence to get the job done. Rubio did a superb job on Derrick Rose (16.0ppg, 12.3apg, 3.8TOpg for series) and Johan Svensson stepped up and held Boozer to a quiet 17 points in game 5. The other pivotal moment would be the decisions GM David Kahn made during the off-season. At times the Timberwolves seemed too stacked in the frontcourt, but having suffered two major injuries deep in the playoffs, Minnesota had the necessary frontcourt depth to continue to win.

FINALS MVP

PF- Michael Beasley, Minnesota
Finals Stats: 23.5ppg, 6.3rpg, 1.5spg

Some might argue that teammate Eric Gordon (27.8ppg in the Finals) was more deserving, especially after averaging 40.0ppg in the opening two games in Chicago to set the scene for the series. I would disagree with that sentiment, as Michael Beasley was the heart and soul of this team. Every time the team needed a big play from games 3 through 5, they went to Beasley and he delivered. He started the series at power forward and ended the series as a small forward once Buford went down with a nasty ankle injury, but he took it all in his stride and show enormous resilience. Let this be known, Minnesota is Michael Beasley's team, there is now no doubt about that.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:11 pm

And for some CHEESE :lol:

phpBB [video]
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby The X on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Image 2013 PLAYOFFS UPDATE

PLAYER STATS

G- Eric Gordon: 21.1ppg, 1.5spg (PER: 18.14)
    F- Michael Beasley: 20.5ppg, 6.1rpg, 1.4spg (PER: 19.38)
    F- Kevin Love: 17.7ppg, 7.3rpg (PER: 17.26)
    G- Arron Afflalo: 15.3ppg, 3.7apg (PER: 21.84)
    F- Jaime Buford: 11.7ppg, 1.3bpg (PER: 12.21)
    G- Ricky Rubio: 10.4ppg, 7.6apg, 1.2spg (PER: 16.05)
    C- Jesse Brown: 7.0ppg, 4.3rpg (PER: 9.69)
    F- Johan Svensson: 6.5ppg, 4.7rpg (PER: 11.64)
    G- Richard Sharpe: 6.4ppg (PER: 12.65)
    G- Dwight Woolridge: 2.7ppg, 2.6apg (PER: 8.26)
    F- Kris Humphries: 2.6ppg, 1.9rpg (PER: 7.17)
    C- Joel Przybilla: 1.8ppg, 4.0rpg, 1.3bpg (PER: 9.69)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: X's T'wolves (NBA 2K11): 2013 NBA FINALS DECIDED

Postby dare on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:47 pm

At some point I'm disappointed. The record has been broken :wink:
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Cruzerr on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:49 pm

You did it. Crack the beers open and celebrate.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby hova- on Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:27 am

Wow, not realistic but really nice to see you winning it all. A championship for the T-Wolves ... I doubt that this will happen soon IRL.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame