Road to Glory II

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Road to Glory II - Draft Lottery

Postby Valor on Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Sit wrote:Who you planning on picking?

writing a draft article, you'll see :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:46 pm

30 Teams, 30 Days: Chicago Draft Preview
June 18th 2010

2009-10 Finish: 33-49
2010 Draft Picks: 3rd, 34th

Pre-Draft 2010-11 Projected Starters:
PG. Derrick Rose
SG. Kirk Hinrich
SF. Luol Deng
PF. Taj Gibson
C. Joakim Noah

Key Reserves:
Hakim Warrick (Free Agent)
Brad Miller (Free Agent)
Flip Murray (Free Agent)

What the Bulls Do Well:
They entered the season with high expectations and good momentum that was but all destroyed by recently fired GM Gar Forman with salary
dump moves which led to the demise of this young and talented squad. Now they find themselves in a period of transition. Derrick Rose has
proven himself as one of the NBA's elites with an All-Star Appearance and being named to the All-NBA Third Team, similarly, Luol Deng is finding
his form back and was also named to his first All-Star game. However, their team lacks an identity and this offseason is the way to construct one
as they will be losing half the roster to the Free Agent Market and being left with a ton of cap space. What they do and how they construct the
team's future will rest in the hands of a 18 year old rookie GM.

On the court, they are one of the most athletic teams in the East with Derrick Rose running the show. Their big man are energetic and active (Noah)
and will only continue to get better. Their offense needs to be addressed to and should be attended to with offseason acquistions, and Vinny Del
Negro would need to learn to play with more then 7 guys in a game. Defensively they are talented enough, but just needs to gel and receive better
guidance from the coaching staff (hint hint, Vinny).

Greatest Areas of Improvement:

Interior Game
Despite flashes of brilliance from big man Joakim Noah and glimpse of potential from Taj Gibson, the Bulls are still severely lacking a solid big who can
do a bit of everything. This could be addressed by drafting one of the better four/five players in the draft, such as Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins.
Alternatively, Chicago could turn their attention on landing Amare Stoudemire or Carlos Boozer in the Free Agent Market.

Bench production
An Area that would be addressed via the Free Agency, but it could also be done through the draft. If they draft a starting caliber big, Taj Gibson could
be moved to the bench and form a 3, 4 man frontcourt rotation and add some depth to the team. Alternatively, Chicago could also draft a swingman who
can take over the starting two spot from Kirk Hinrich and allow him to return to being the first option off the bench. In this scenario names like
Evan Turner, Wesley Johnson, Al-Farouq Aminu comes to mind.

Who Should the Bulls Target?
Immediate Needs
Derrick Favors, Georgia Tech. or DeMarcus Cousins, Kentucky

Fan Favorite
Evan Turner, Ohio State (Hometown: Chicago, IL)

Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:02 pm

2010 NBA Draft: Consensus Mock Lottery
# | Team | Player | H | W | P | School
1. | Image | John Wall | 6-4 | 195 | PG | Kentucky
2. | Image | Evan Turner | 6-6 | 205 | SG | Ohio State
3. | Image | Derrick Favors | 6-9 | 246 | PF | Georgia Tech
4. | Image | Wesley Johnson | 6-7 | 205 | SF | Syracuse
5. | Image | Al-Farouq Aminu | 6-8 | 218 | SF | Wake Forest
6. | Image | Donatas Motiejunas | 7-0 | 224 | PF | Lithuania
7. | Image | DeMarcus Cousins | 6-11 | 280 | PF | Kentucky
8. | Image | Cole Aldrich | 6-11 | 245 | C | Kansas
9. | Image | Ed Davis | 6-9 | 215 | PF | North Carolina
10. | Image | Willie Warren | 6-4 | 207 | PG | Oklahoma
11. | Image | Patrick Patterson | 6-8 | 235 | PF | Kentucky
12. | Image | Xavier Henry | 6-6 | 220 | SG | Kansas
13. | Image | Greg Monroe | 6-10 | 247 | PF | Georgetown
14. | Image | Quincy Pondexter | 6-7 | 215 | SF | Washington

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Road to Glory II - Mock Lottery

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:05 am

Favors would be huge for you man (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:48 pm

When I sim a Dynasty, the Bulls always take DeMarcus Cousin or if they succeeded last season, they take Cole Aldrich because he's always a mid-to-late 1st rounder. I guess it's pretty clear that Taj Gibson is not a starter but more a defensive minded energizer off the bench. So Favors would be a good fit.

By the way, everything's looking very neat, loving it! (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Alpha_ on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:00 am

i'll go with DeMarcus Cousins. but i like Evan Turner..
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby Lamrock on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:59 am

He's going to take Evan Turner. Book it.
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:45 pm

Chapter 2

It was the Bulls draft combine day and General Manager Leo Lai wanted to check on the progress of the prospects in order to get a better look at possible selections with their precious number 3 overall pick. On the way there he bumped into John Paxson, the man with the final say on basketball operations...

"Hey there Leo, you going to see the workouts too?"
"Yeah, just want to get a hands-on look at what they look like"
"I see, who do you have in mind?" asked Paxson as they draw closer to the courts
"I'm thinking Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins, but Turner would be great for us too as he'll give us a lot of depth in the backcourt." answered Leo "God knows Derrick needs a rest every now and then, he averaged 41 minutes last season didn't he?"
"Yes, i was thinking along the same lines as you" replied Paxson as they ventured onto the court, where the two biggest power forward prospects - Georgia Tech's Derrick Favors and Kentucky's DeMarcus Cousins were going at it on a 1 on 1 duel. The two were evenly matched and it was intense. Cousins was forcing his way through with sheer power while on the other hand, Favors is using his athleticism to get around Cousins for the buckets, it was tied at 21 each when Vinny Del Negro stopped the two.

"Alright, that's enough now." announced Del Negro "Rest for 5 minutes before we do the shooting drills"
Lai walked over to Del Negro "Hey Vinny, how are they doing?"
"Well, as you can see, they are both fired up and really intense, i like that in big guys" Del Negro replied "They have their weaknesses but i think both have potential to be a force"
"I see, what are their measurements and statistics? you have them?"
"Yes, just hang o..." Del Negro was cut short in his talk, because at that moment, Favors and Cousins were being held apart by the other prospects as well as coaches to prevent them from going into full combat, their fists were raised and both were shouting obscenities towards each other.

"HEY HEY HEY!" screamed Del Negro as he ran over "Thats enough, both of you, get out of here. This workout is OVER"
Security came in and made the two players leave the court, Del Negro talked to his assistant coach Del Harris before excusing himself. Lai saw him walked to the corner seat, grabbed a drink of water, and sat down with frustration, shaking his head.

"Well, I guess that was enough for one day. Who we got tomorrow?" Paxson was saying to Lai
"Huh, What? Oh, um, Turner is coming in with Syracuse forward Wesley Johnson. I've called Luol and Taj in to play against them." replied Lai, caught unaware as he was thinking about the incident that had just occured.
"Good, I'll see you tomorrow"

✧✧✧✧✧

Turner and Johnson both impressed Lai, and Del Negro in their workouts, Turner showcased some point guard-like ball handling skills with a solid jumper while Johnson flashed glimpses of potential to become a dominating defensive force. However, the workout was once again marked by a confrontation, this time, the Bulls All-Star forward Luol Deng went into the face of Turner. To make matters worse, the Ohio State Junior swingman did not back down one bit, and it was only thanks to Gibson and Johnson did they finally end their argument and concentrated on playing ball.

"These guys are all problem childs" muttered Lai to himself as he witnessed the whole incident on the sidelines "This is going to be hard..."

✧✧✧✧✧

It was draft night 2010 and the projected number 1 overall pick John Wall was excited for it to begin. He was trembling as he sat in his designated seat, waiting for the draft to begin. He cannot wait to go to Oklahoma City and team up with Kevin Durant, the next big thing in the NBA.
"I can be just as good too" thought Wall to himself "I'm going to be the best point guard while Kevin's the top scorer, we'll get rings in no time"

In the blink of an eye, the commissioner David Stern was on the podium for the second time, about to announce the Thunder's pick....

"With the first pick, of the 2010 NBA Draft. The Oklahoma City Thunder Select....." Stern paused, taking a look at the card he holds in his hands to make sure. He raised an eyebrow but continued anyway ".....Cole Aldrich from Kansas University"

"WHAT THE FUCK!?" blurted out Wall before realizing what he just did and looked around to see if people noticed, but his voice cannot be heard, because as Aldrich walked towards the podium, the New York crowd were raining their famous stream of boos onto him. Showing their displeasure of the Thunder picking a guy who was projected to go 8th with their first overall pick.

Before Wall knew it, the commissioner was back again in smiles holding the second overall pick. "It's too soon, isn't it?" thought Wall "That bastard Aldrich isn't even halfway to Stephen A yet..."

"With the Second pick, of the 2010 NBA Draft. The Minnesota Timberwolves Select...." Again, Stern Paused, this time for the dramatic effect, although it was not needed as the New York crowd drowned his voice out, making his next phrase inaudible

"JOHN WALL, JOHN WALL, JOHN WALL, JOHN WALL, JOHN WALL" the New Yorkers were chanting, and indeed, as the commissioner repeated the phrase "...John Wall from Kentucky University" with a big smile on his face and welcomed Wall onto the podium, posted for a Kodak moment with him, something he did halfheartedly with Aldrich.
"Good Luck young man, you're going to have a bright future" Stern was saying to Wall, who was barely listening "I MADE IT! NOW I'M GOING TO SHOW MY WORTH" he thought to himself

✧✧✧✧✧

In the Bulls draft room, General Manager Leo Lai was in serious discussions with Vinny Del Negro and John Paxson. They had just seen the Thunder waste their pick on Cole Aldrich and the T'Wolves not wasting their opportunity to pick up Wall, despite already having Johnny Flynn there and Ricky Rubio coming over from Europe this season.

"So...It's him then, isn't it" asked Paxson "You sure about this? I think it's better to fill our immediate needs"
"John, you hired me" replied Lai "Do you trust me for a chance to get a ring?"
"......Do as you like then"
"Thank you, I am sure this is one decision you will not regret" stated Lai as he reached for the phone "Yes, we've made our pick..."

In the next minute, the Commissioner was back onto the podium with the Bulls pick. The New York crowd was showing a mixture of boos and cheers as they await Chicago's selection

"With the Third Pick....of the 2010 NBA Draft. The Chicago Bulls Select.........."

"....THE CHICAGO NATIVE, EVAN TURNER FROM OHIO STATE"

Back in the draft room, Lai watched as Turner bounced up onto the stage to pose with David Stern for his very own Kodak Moment. He smiled and gave a hi-five to Derrick Rose, who came into the room to watch the process.

"This starts it off then doesn't it?" said Lai happily "This is going to be a Dynasty in the making"
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Road to Glory II - Chapter 2

Postby Lamrock on Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Haha, Cole Aldrich. 2K does that a lot. Nice job getting Turner. Of course he was your man. (Y) Your backcourt kicks ass now.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:10 pm

You're going to have a nice team this season. :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Martti. on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:16 pm

Hell yeah, Turner!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby hova- on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Good job getting Turner, although I think you will have problems on the offensive end since you lack of any real post player. Maybe Deng can do it, but that's doubtful. So it seems like you have to play fast.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby dare on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:15 pm

nice pickup in Turner (Y) LOL at the OKC they don't want another superstar in the team
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Valor on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:39 pm

Lamrock wrote:Haha, Cole Aldrich. 2K does that a lot. Nice job getting Turner. Of course he was your man. (Y) Your backcourt kicks ass now.

Yes, they do stupid things like that.
Originally my plan was to pick up either Favors or Cousins at 3 since Turner was projected to go at 2...but once i saw Oklahoma City taking Cole Aldrich i knew Turner was mine :P
My front court still needs work though

Sit wrote:You're going to have a nice team this season. :)

Yeah, hopefully thats the case :wink:

Martti. wrote:Hell yeah, Turner!

hova- wrote:Good job getting Turner,

Good to see some love for Chi-Town natives (Y)

hova- wrote: I think you will have problems on the offensive end since you lack of any real post player. Maybe Deng can do it, but that's doubtful. So it seems like you have to play fast.

That's the plan :)

dare wrote:nice pickup in Turner (Y) LOL at the OKC they don't want another superstar in the team

Well, to be fair the only piece they were lacking is the 5 spot, and since it's the 2K cpu making the pick...u can expect them to pick a potential starter over a sixth man
Thunder has this kind of a projected lineup thus far....
Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Green, Aldrich

not bad at all, huh?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:10 pm

2010 NBA Draft Recap: Chicago Bulls
June 25, 2010

Chicago Native Evan Tuner, a 6-6, 205 combo guard with great versatility and a tremendous feel for the game, was supposed to be the second name called by David Stern. Instead, with some help from the Oklahoma City Thunders in the form of Cole Aldrich. Turner had to wait for one more name before his, and after spending three years being a star player for Ohio State, he can finally pack his bags and return home.

This is a win-win situation for both the Bulls and the hometown kid. Last year it was Derrick Rose, this year Evan Turner. Notice a trend, anyone?

Of course, the Bulls did not draft him for his history of being from Chicago, but rather for his slick and effective offensive game as well as the skill set of a point guard while possessing a two guard/small forward swingman frame. This is of tremendous help to Derrick Rose and the rest of the Bulls, as they now can afford to have a viable offensive option coming off the bench instead of playing 7 man rotations and getting the players (e.g. Rose) to average close to 42 minutes per game.

Turner does have a tendency to over-dribble as that is his forte, and that would need to be addressed as he proceeds with the transactions into being an effective offensive player in the NBA>

In addition, GM Leo Lai did not make waste of their second round pick, as he spent their 34th pick on Arkansas big man Michael Washington, projected to go in the mid-late first round category. He will hopefully provide some of that bench energy that Brad Miller or even Hakim Warrick just cannot do, as he has a factor known as youth in him that the latter two does not possess.

Below is a list of the complete draft, both rounds.

ImageImage

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Road to Glory II - 2010 NBA Draft Recap

Postby Clutch on Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:22 pm

just can't believe you went with Turner and let Lakers steal Macolm Lee with the 60th pick...

lol j/k man; things are looking great for da Bulls so far (Y)
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:18 am

Turner and Washington, great draft for you man. (Y) (Y) (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Alpha_ on Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:39 am

gooood picks.. (Y) damn Aldrich over Wall..
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby |)e8* on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:11 am

So glad the Jazz got Xavier Henry, although if it was Real Life Turner would be theirs :)
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby megarover on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:42 pm

Turner is a beast! Does that mean Hinrich will move to the bench?
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Valor on Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:33 pm

Clutch wrote:just can't believe you went with Turner and let Lakers steal Macolm Lee with the 60th pick...

How could i have overlooked Lee!? I SHOULD BE FIRED! :lol: :lol:

Thierry. wrote:Turner and Washington, great draft for you man. (Y) (Y) (Y)

Yup. Lucky for me Thunder stuffed up and Washington dropped all the way down into the second round (Y)

Dee24 wrote:gooood picks.. (Y) damn Aldrich over Wall..

Aldrich is the new LaRue Martin (Y)

De8 wrote:So glad the Jazz got Xavier Henry, although if it was Real Life Turner would be theirs :)

Well, that'll depend on how lucky they get with the Knicks pick :wink:

megarover wrote:Turner is a beast! Does that mean Hinrich will move to the bench?

That's the plan thus far (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:38 am

Chapter 3

Just moments after the draft had concluded, the Bulls front office were working full force again. Leo Lai and John Paxson were in rapid discussions, dissecting and analyzing the team's statistics, needs and breaking down the chemistry. They had been at it for nearly five hours and were exhausted, but knew that in order to make a big turnaround and re-build the dynasty, they would need to keep working hard as Free Agency comes soon....

"We really need a big now that we drafted Turner" Paxson was saying "Chris Bosh would be a great fit for us"
"I'm actually looking at Amare" replied Lai "His athletism is what we need after losing Tyrus last season. His offensive game is a major upgrade too. But we would be giving up on getting guys like LeBron or D-Wade if we spend money on big guys like Amare or Bosh"
"That's true, but after getting a backcourt of Rose, Turner and Hinrich, with Deng at the 3, do we really need a go-to guy at those positions?"
"I don't think Turner is ready yet. Kid's got potential, but i would like it if we could get him to backup some big name guys alongside Derrick"
"What about Kirk then, he's got too big of a contract, and too good to be a role player" argued Paxson
"That's true..." Lai thought about it for a second before looking up "John, defense is an issue we need to be dealing with yeah?"
"...Didn't we already talk about this 3 hours ago?" replied Paxson uncertainly "That's why i'm talking about signing a big guy, remember?"
"Well, I have a better idea" Lai grinned as he outlined his plan to John Paxson "Like it?"
"It'll be a gamble" Paxson warned, but Lai just laughed "Since when wasn't this whole offseason a big gamble already?"
"Alright, go for it" Paxson replied, smiling "I'm glad Mike referred this guy to me" he thought to himself as he left the room
Behind him, Leo Lai beamed, picked up the phone and starting placing his calls.

✧✧✧✧✧

Derrick Rose was working on his jumper when his phone rang. He sighed and walked over to pick it up. "Hello?"
"Derrick, are you in town?" It was the General Manager Leo Lai.
"Yeah, I'm in the gym right now actually. Why?"
"Good, I need you to come in"
"For..." Rose was puzzled
"Press Conference announcing our newest acquisition"
"Okay, that's fine. I thought Free Agency doesn't start until tomorrow, though"
"It's a trade, I'll explain after you come" replied Lai "See you over here in...30 minutes?"
"Sure"

Rose walked into the room and saw a 6'9" figure standing up and offering his hand
"I didn't think it'll be you" said Rose as he took the hand before turning to Lai "How'd you get him?"
"Packaged with Kirk Hinrich" replied Lai "James Johnson and the draft rights to our second round pick Michael Washington, as well as a future first round pick"
"You traded Kirk?" Rose was disappointed "He's a great guy"
"I know, but you do know what we lack, right?" replied Lai "Josh just won the defensive player award, and as you know he was an All Star last season. He's a presence we disparately need if we were to make a turnaround from last season's mess and contend for a championship."
"I guess you are right" Rose said and turned to Smith "Glad you are joining us, then"
"You're welcome" replied Smith
"So...ready for the press conference you two?" Lai was all smiles as he led the two out of the office. The press conference went well and Smith was presented with his new Chicago Jersey with the promises of anchoring the Bulls' defense.
"I'll try my best Scottie Pippen impersonation" Smith had announced "Except for the hair, of course"
In the audience, the six time NBA Champion smiled in approval.

✧✧✧✧✧

"In five, four, three, two....one. Okay Ladies and Gentleman, it's time" announced Paxson as the time ticked over to 12:00am. Free Agency has officially begun.

Lai worked the calls furiously, he had place offers with nearly every big-name Free Agent available, including LeBron, Wade, Amare, Bosh, Rudy Gay, David Lee and even Carlos Boozer, but so far all he's got are "I'll call you back" replies.
"How's it going?" asked Paxson, who just came into the room
"Not good, no real answers except LeBron stating he'll never play for Chicago" replied Lai "But other then that, Dwyane Wade and Amare showed some interest"
"Well, we expected that from LeBron, with Michael being the legend here after all. Wade or Amare would be great though, see if you can push them to come, we have enough for max deals, worse case, we can use Deng in a sign-and-trade deal"
"You got it, Boss"

✧✧✧✧✧

With Wade and Amare still not deciding, Lai turned his attention to a supporting cast. The guys did not do a good job last season and it would be pointless to sign them, except for one.

"So Brad, have you decided yet?" Lai was asking "the team really benefits from your veteran leadership as well as the fluid ball movement you bring to the table"
"Money isn't a problem" replied Miller "My role and playing time is, and i really want to cap off with a ring."
"Well, how about a 1 year deal then, that way you can assess the team after the season to see if we fit your needs and vice versa"
"What about my role"
"You'll be in the core rotation with decent bench minutes backing up Joakim and Josh while serving as a mentor for the others"
".....Alright, lets get this done then" stated the veteran center after a few moments in thought
"Nice to have you back on board"
"What about the other members?" asked Miller "You got any one else yet?"
"Well, I'm sorry to say that we've decided to let the other expiring players go." replied Lai "But if you are referring to other signings, they are outside, want to meet them?"
"Sure" answered Miller, eager to see who his new teammates are
"Send them in" Lai was speaking to his secretary, and after several moments, in comes former Sacramento Kings star point guard Jason Williams, aka White Chocolate. Following him is the three-point specialist Kyle Korver, the overweight Sean May, as well as one of the biggest busts of the decade Kwame Brown.
Miller was all smiles until May and Brown came in, at which he raised his eyebrows, but remained professional about it and shook everybody's hands. Lai laughed and was about to offer them to have dinner together when his phone rang.

"Excuse me gentleman" said Lai as he waved them off and picked up the phone "Hello?"
It was Wade "I've thought about the offer and I would like to arrange a time for a meeting, as well as a tour of the place"
"Sure, just name the time" replied Lai happily
The two went over the details of the meeting. Lai was happy about it and was about to call Paxson when the man came in.

"John! I was about to look for you. Dwyane is coming into town for a meeting next week"
"I see, that's good" replied Paxson "But i've got bad news for you"
"What bad news?"
"Amare has chosen to resign with the Suns for the most money available, while Chris Bosh has gone off and signed with the Wizards"
"You better get Wade here" stated Paxson before leaving
"....Fuck"

✧✧✧✧✧

The meeting with Wade went smoothly as him and his family were all impressed with the facility, staff, and most importantly, the tradition of the Bulls.
"You grew up around here, you know that the fans here love this team and you'll be the hometown favorite alongside Derrick" Lai pleaded his case "If you come here, you'll be playing alongside a great group of guys in a great city."
Dwyane was impressed, but the contract details bothered him. "I am interested in signing here but I want some changes in the deal"
"What's wrong with it? I thought you wanted Max?" asked Lai, puzzled
"The money is more and i don't get taxed in Miami" replied Wade "If i wanted a simple, long term max deal i can just resign in Miami"
"My client wants a No Trade Clause and the length being a 3+1 with a player option." stated Wade's agent.
"The Clause isn't a problem, we want you here for the long term" said Lai "But if you opt out in three years, it'll be very difficult for the guys to establish a core and have chemistry"
Lai paused before saying "What about a 4+1"
"3+1, plus incentives. Or Dwyane resigns with Miami" the Agent declared
"Would you really rather play with Beasley, Chalmers, and a washed up Jermaine O'Neal over Derrick Rose, Josh Smith, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah and Evan Turner?" asked Lai, amused at the threat
"It's either that or no deal" stated Wade "Let me know within three days"
Last edited by Valor on Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Road to Glory II - Chapter 3

Postby |)e8* on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:15 am

Boo why would Atlanta trade their best player for crap although it's nice that u got him
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Valor on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:24 am

De8 wrote:Boo why would Atlanta trade their best player for crap although it's nice that u got him

I'm gonna dispute that comment with the following

Josh Smith rating 79
Kirk Hinrich rating 78
Michael Washington rating 66
James Johnson rating 64

as for best player, Joe Johnson is rated 89 overall while Mike Bibby is 77 :wink:

Atlanta didn't do that well last season in terms of offense and Hinrich gives them the ability to play small ball with Hinrich being a legit second option behind Johnson (Bibby, Hinrich, Johnson, Marvin Williams, Al Horford)
They lose Smith's defense but Hinrich is a pretty good perimeter defender too (Y)
plus, Smith is an immature bastard while Hinrich is very coach-able, I'm sure Woodson approves :wink:

They originally wanted Hinrich + Gibson, but i didn't want to give Taj up so yeah, after about 5 counter-offers back and forth, finally got them to agree :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:52 am

You got Korver, you don't need Wade anymore.

And Kwame Brown? Damn, you have a lot of big guys.. (Noah, Smith, Kwame, Taj, May, Brad). Team has some depth! (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame