Road to Glory II

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Road to Glory II - Finals Recap + Afterword

Postby Valor on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:52 pm

Houndy wrote:It was a great association, great writing and great games. Cheers to you Valor

Thanks Houndy! It was really fun for me while it lasted, glad you enjoyed it too (Y)

Red Mamba wrote:Hope to see another one soon - you probably don't know me but I was following this before I even made an account. Probably my favorite association ever and I think I speak for many when I say it was motivating. Congrats to you for that... :D

Wow, that's really high praise considering all the other great associations around here, thanks a lot and much appreciated man :) I might wait till 2K13 before writing another one or I might continue my 2K11 one again...but that'll have to wait till I get back to Sydney cause my data is in my hard-drive :wink: Thanks again!

Mark. wrote:Top work mate. Well done on getting that title too!

Cheers buddy! :chug: It took a really long time but finally I won a title in an association/dynasty...seriously, first one ever, published or not :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Road to Glory II - Retired

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:47 pm

Fitting that you won a title and then are retiring your story, retiring a champion! I always liked the way you recapped games; the way you made it seem like an actual online article, the screenshots, the highlights, etc. all well-done. Cheers for your great work. (Y)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby hova- on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:01 pm

Great work - I haven't been around much lately, it seems that my interest for the video game NBA 2k or for video games generally has gone down a bit, although it also really depends on how much the NBA in real life gets me going, which wasn't really the case this year with the stupid lockout season.

This dynasty was really really good and you somehow managed to end it the right way, bringing the season to an end and winning it all. Hope your time as a dynasty maker ain't up, but it seems like the big dynasty story poster's generation is going down.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:47 pm

Axel. wrote:Fitting that you won a title and then are retiring your story, retiring a champion! I always liked the way you recapped games; the way you made it seem like an actual online article, the screenshots, the highlights, etc. all well-done. Cheers for your great work. (Y)

Thanks Axel! I always go for the authentic (as much as i can) look 'cause I wanted to make it seem like a real alternate NBA world as opposed to a video game, glad it worked out and you guys enjoyed it. I had fun writing those and playing the games, cheers for following :)

hova- wrote:Great work - I haven't been around much lately, it seems that my interest for the video game NBA 2k or for video games generally has gone down a bit, although it also really depends on how much the NBA in real life gets me going, which wasn't really the case this year with the stupid lockout season.

This dynasty was really really good and you somehow managed to end it the right way, bringing the season to an end and winning it all. Hope your time as a dynasty maker ain't up, but it seems like the big dynasty story poster's generation is going down.

Thanks Hov! Yeah I'm about the same as you with the lockout season (not to mention the injuries...especially the one to you know who) diminishing my drive to write these stories; does seem like everyone's fading away huh? Hopefully 2K13/Live 13 would bring most of the big guns back around here and make these sections active again :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:03 pm

hova- wrote:This dynasty was really really good and you somehow managed to end it the right way, bringing the season to an end and winning it all. Hope your time as a dynasty maker ain't up, but it seems like the big dynasty story poster's generation is going down.

I might make a comeback ;)

And Valor - good job on this one. You can only keep dreaming about a title though.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Valor on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:55 am

Sit wrote:I might make a comeback ;)

And Valor - good job on this one. You can only keep dreaming about a title though.

Thanks mate, but I disagree, if Rose comes back healthy (which it looks like he will so far...) the Bulls have a much higher shot at the title than the Lakers, and I'd say probably more so than the Thunder as well given the fact that they don't have a self-destructive point guard called Russell Westbrook on the squad and possess the best coach who has the best defensive schemes in the league atm....oh, and tbh Lakers management (ahem Jim Buss) is killing the remaining years of the Kobe-era, if he continues there is no shot for a banner #17 for the Hollywood Purple and Gold fellas....as sad as it sounds :x

Anyhow, it'd be good if you comeback to the section and inject some life around here (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:46 am

Inducted 15/7/2012.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame