A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Join the debate. Martti or Jay Gr

Postby megarover on Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:22 am

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:Debate? There ain't no debate, Jay Gray is the man :P

megarover wrote:Mavs suck *** because of Valor :D

Where ever did that come from :lol: Looks like my virtual self, the "Asian Mamba" will have to prove you wrong :P

Alright Bet
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:54 am

Martti Must Doesn't Like 'Haterz'

MEMPHIS, May 2 (AP) – NBA All-NBA PF Martti Must let rip in an interview with an Estonian journalist this morning before breaking down in tears. He complained about the 'lack of respect' he was getting from media and fans; then demanded that he be recognized as a better player than Milwaukee Bucks stalwart Jay Gray. The forward, off-contract this Summer, stated that he would not be returning home to join the national team as he was focusing his time on completing a new NBA contract.

Must was seen as having any star potential in the NBA but his emergence as one of the smartest and most versatile players in the league has surprised many. Must stated, "I learnt from two of the most versatile players in the league. Shawn Marion and Lamar Odom really helped my game a lot." Must had taken one step ahead of the pair by being a consistent triple double threat every night of his career. The Estonian added, "I can't believe everyone is calling me a (expletive)." It is also noteworthy that Must has been given the name of Martti 'Crybaby' Must around some NBA circles.

Must later broke down and had to be consoled by the camera crew and journalist. When one of them put their hand on his back, he violently turned away and yelled, "Don't touch me!" Must later tweeted, 'HATERZ!' Martti Must is expected to visit the New Orleans Hornets in a few days time to discuss a possible future there. Jay Gray could not be reached for comment.

Read More…
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Martti Must doesn't like HATERZ

Postby Houndy on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:02 am

Do I get points Sit?
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby puttincomputers on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:07 am

AP Wire
Manfred Nissley tweets controversial tweet.
Must would fit well in LA. His crying skills are on par with a well trained actress.
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Houndy on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:24 am

Willie Lewis on Twitter wrote:@ MartiiMust Dude stop crying. Even my pal @CobyClark wouldn't cry. Hell, I didnt cry when i lost to #1 Kentucky. Just demand a trade.. to the EuroLeague k?
Houndy

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Sit wrote:Must later tweeted, 'HATERZ!' Martti Must is expected to visit the New Orleans Hornets in a few days time to discuss a possible future there. Jay Gray could not be reached for comment.

Of course Jay Gray couldn't be reached for a comment. He's too busy improving his game instead of conducting interviews and crying.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Houndy wrote:Do I get points Sit?

+10

shadowGrinch wrote:
Sit wrote:Must later tweeted, 'HATERZ!' Martti Must is expected to visit the New Orleans Hornets in a few days time to discuss a possible future there. Jay Gray could not be reached for comment.

Of course Jay Gray couldn't be reached for a comment. He's too busy improving his game instead of conducting interviews and crying.

Good that you are back Grinch (Y)
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:01 am

Must vs. Gray... Is there even a debate? :lol:

Looking forward to the next round!
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:42 am

Chapter 12

Durant held his follow through as he landed back on the court.
“Yes!” Marv Albert yelled as the ball dropped through the net.
The crowd was on their feet and cheering. Then the ‘Kevin’s team’ chants began to rain from the upper sections of the stadium. Nate McMillan threw his clipboard on the ground. Brandon Roy slumped down on his knees and buried his head in his hands. Durant punched his fists in the air and yelled. The buzzer sounded.
“My team baby!” Durant yelled and started to repeatedly pound at his chest.
After violently pounding his chest several times, Durant pointed his right index finger in the air towards the jumbotron screen as it showed a replay of his game winning turnaround j. The Stealth faithful were in Euphoria as the chants of ‘MVP’ started to drown out the ‘Kevin’s team.”
Durant looked around but all of his team mates had left him alone out on the court. He shrugged and threw both arms in the air; signaling for the crowd to get even louder. He was loving the atmosphere.
Craig Sager had slid up beside him, “Kevin, incredible shot. How are you feeling?”
Durant ignored him, “You feeling the most valuable player baby? The most valuable player baby! That’s me! Number one!”
Durant put his finger up in front of the camera, “Number one baby! Woo!”
Sager tried again, “Run us through that last play Kevin.”
Durant threw his right fist in the air and flashed a ‘peace’ sign before answering, “Oh you know. The best players come through in the most important moments. I showed that I got to do what I got to do. I showed that I’m the best player in the league man.”
Sager decided it was pointless, “Thanks Kevin.”
Durant put his finger up in front of the camera again, “Number one baby! My team baby!”
He ran towards the tunnel to join his team in the team change room.

Sit wasn’t happy with his team’s performance as he lambasted them, “We nearly lost that game! Where was our defense?”
He started to single out individual players, “Iverson! Shooting us out of the game like that! What the hell was with that?”
“Andrew, David. You two played like pussies out there! It’s time to harden up a little bit. God damn it!”
He turned around and spotted Sheed, “Get that grin off your face!”
Sheed hid behind his clipboard as Durant skipped through the door.
“What did I miss?” Durant yelled out.
He saw Sit staring and the rest of the team looking away.
“Oh…” Durant stated, “Sorry Coach.”
“Take a seat!”
Durant sat in front of his locker as a trainer rushed from the back of the room and have him a sports drink.
Sit continued, “We come back to training tomorrow and we are going to be working on defense. That was an absolutely shocking display tonight. You all should be ashamed of yourselves!”

Before Game 2, Sit pulled Jason Kidd aside.
“Jase,” he stated, “I need you to lead the guys tonight. We’re leaning too heavily on Kevin.”
Kidd nodded, “Leave it to me.”
The Stealth were warming up and Iverson was sitting on the bench; putting on his sleeve. Coach Karl delivered to him the bad news.
“Coach Sit isn’t going to play you for big minutes.”
Iverson wasn’t happy.
Karl put his hand on Iverson’s shoulder, “Chin up. Show him what you got.”
Iverson got up and walked past Sit and joined his teammates on the court. Sit was barking orders to his players. Defense was the focus. The Stealth were magnificent for much of the game. Kidd finished with 21 assists and they held Portland to just 65 points for the whole game. Seattle took a 2-0 lead in the series before storming to victory in Game 3. Durant would score 46 and Iverson got off the bench to get 25. Sit was stubborn and refused to play Iverson big minutes despite pressure from the front office.
“Can you believe it?” Sit slammed the phone down.
Coach Karl sat silently. Unfortunately, he didn’t share the same sentiments as Sit. He wanted Iverson to play. Meanwhile, Ty was fighting off reporters trying to figure out if he would commit to staying in Seattle.
“I already told you,” the young swingman stated, “I don’t want to talk about it.”
Ty got up and dodged the media pack. He hopped in his car and began driving off. His phone rang. It was Martti Must.
“Hey man, what’s up.”
Ty listened for a moment then replied, “Man, everyone’s on my ass asking me what I’m going to do. I don’t want to talk about it.”
He hung up.

A dejected Brandon Roy faced the media after an embarrassing Game 3 loss.
“I promise you that I am going to step up in Game 4,” he announced, “With our backs against the wall – it’s time for me to lead my team better.”
Roy was a man on a mission and he delivered in Game 4. He poured in 52 points. Durant had 47. The Blazers won and stayed alive in the series.
“How do you feel going into Game 5 down 1-3?”
Roy was back on the podium, “I’m confident. I guess I was on fire tonight. I hope it carries into the next game.”
Durant was outside in the corridor as Roy finished his interview. The two crossed paths.
“Nice game,” Roy was being courteous.
“I wasn’t trying,” Durant snorted.
“Go fuck yourself,” Roy wasn’t going to pretend to be nice to him anymore.
Durant laughed, “I could beat you in my sleep. I let you have this one tonight. I hope you sleep better.”
Roy ignored him and continued walking. Two nights later, Roy and the Blazers were eliminated by the Stealth.

“How do I look?”
Sit had one of his best suits on. His personal assistant gave him a thumbs up.
“It looks great!” she stated.
“Better not be lying,” he winked.
“You look very good,” she smiled.
“Alright, here it goes,” Sit stated before walking through the doors into the room.
She followed him in, “Go Coach!”
Cameras were flashing and everyone was chatting. It was the press conference to introduce Sit as the NBA’s Coach of the Year. Sit took his seat in front of the media.
“Coach Sit, how are you feeling right now?”
“Pretty shit, all of you are taking away valuable practice time. We need to work on defense remember,” Sit stated, laughing and pointing at his watch.
Everyone laughed before another question was asked, “You’ve made some huge strides with this team Coach. What has been your most satisfying moment so far with the Seattle Stealth?”
Sit took a sip of water, “Well, winning Coach of the Year of course!”
He grinned as everyone laughed again.
“I’m joking. Beating Portland last year. That was a huge step for us.”
“And most disappointing?”
“2012 Western Conference Finals,” Sit stated, the memory of losing Game 7 to a cocky Moses Chara and the Kings still stung after nearly a year.
“What does this award mean to you?”
Sit held the trophy up, “This would not be mines if it had not been for my players. I owe it to them.”
Sit was still holding the trophy up the following night. This time it was in front of his home fans. He handed the trophy to Jason Kidd so that he could get a hold of the microphone. Sit looked over at the Golden State Warriors and then looked back at his players standing near him.
“I thank all of you,” Sit addressed the crowd, “I thank all of you for your continued support. I dedicate my award to everyone part of this organization. Now it’s time to kick some bay area butt!”
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:46 am

Lamrock wrote:Must vs. Gray... Is there even a debate? :lol:

And you're going with...?
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 12

Postby hova- on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:53 am

Yeah, Coach of the year, definitely deserved. Also a good one that you beat the Blazers. If Ty leaves via free agency and Kidd retires, I don't see this team going anywhere ... I mean it would remind me a bit of the Stealth team five fictional years ago ... a one man team.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:58 am

COACH OF THE YEAR! :bowdown:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Thief (1981), The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:03 am

Congrats on COY, well deserved! The Warriors are going down. (Y)

I bet this hate is 50% down to you writing about me crying and 50% because I'm a Heat fan. :P
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Houndy on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:40 am

Let's go Stealth, let's go!
Houndy

Postby Lamrock on Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:55 am

Coach of the year for Sit! (Y) Can't wait until you take out the Warriors (do they still have Nellie?) and the Queens. Stealth-Bucks will be a great finals!
Lamrock

Postby dare on Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:35 am

Grats on the award, the questions on the interviews are those supposed to be the questions you requested?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Martti. wrote:I bet this hate is 50% down to you writing about me crying and 50% because I'm a Heat fan. :P

Don't care bout ur real life allegiance in regard to ALIB III. I think Jay Gray is a more likable player than you. Hard-working, modest American compared to crybaby, flopping, soft Euro forward. :P Sorry man... it's like choosing between Sasha Vujacic and Shane Battier. :)

Anyways, thanks everyone for the comments re: Coach of the Year. I hope you all like my coaching style. :)

Dare - the questions provided are part of an NBA.com interview.
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Losing is tough, even on Jennings.

And don't you compare me to Sasha Vujacic. :lol:
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:16 am

...but machine is crybay like martti :P
Fresh8

Postby Alpha_ on Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:30 am

bow down to coach SIT! :bowdown:
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:17 am

Hey guys, I appologise for the delay in Game 1 but have been busy this weekend. Anyways, here is the last chance for those who have not predicted playoff results to post. I'm going to put Game 1 up tonight after work and basketball.
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:42 am

Martti. wrote:Losing is tough, even on Jennings.

That's cause Jennings is a crybaby :lol: Rose > Jennings anyday buddy :cool:

Sit wrote:...but machine is crybay like martti :P

You should've used Big Baby instead of our beloved Sasha, who brushes his eyebrows before draining clutch free throws (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mark. on Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:45 am

MIL in 6
CLE in 7

SEA in 6
SAC in 4
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Iverson Bounces Back With 24, Leads Stealth
Game 1, Second Round, 2013 NBA playoffs: Golden State Warriors at Seattle Stealth 91-105 (Seattle leads 1-0)
Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

MAY 1, SEATTLE (AP) – After spending an entire series in Coach Will Sit’s ‘doghouse’, Allen Iverson finally came through when called upon to deliver. The veteran led the Stealth with 24 points as he shot 9 for 15 from the field. Seattle cruised to a Game 1 win after winning the first quarter 31-18 and the final quarter 35-26.

“Good win,” Coach Sit stated, “Allen played well. He surprised me. I hope he picks his shots as well as he did tonight in future.” Iverson was invited to the podium to take his first interview of the post-season as a Stealth player. He thanked his coach for giving him a chance, “I thank Coach Sit for giving me playing time. I didn’t think I’d get it but I did get it.” Iverson’s former Coach in Denver, George Karl, was happy for him too, “I think that Allen could mean a great deal to this side. He’s fighting hard to win a role on this team.”

Reshawn Tyson had a double double of 18 points and 10 assists. Kevin Durant and Jason Kidd each had 17 while Andrew Bogut splashed in 10 of his own. Seattle looked pretty fluid despite the layoff in time since their Game 5 clincher in the first round.

“I was glad that there were no signs of rust out there,” Coach Sit said. The 2013 Coach of the Year also noted that his side did a competent job on the defensive end, “We held them to 91 tonight. That’s not bad. I was happy with the coverage but I think we need to aim for the 80s.”

Monta Ellis led the Golden State Warriors with 19 points, Louis Nixon added 16, Corey Maggette had 14. Ellis spoke of his difficulty to get good looks against the Stealth defence, “Every corner you turn, you bump into another defender. Seattle has a pretty big team so we will need to make some adjustments.” He also lamented his side’s inability to score off the break, “Seattle are just so good at putting the ball in the hoop that we couldn’t get any easy ones. We’ve got to work harder at that too.”

Game 2 will be played in Seattle tomorrow night.

Notes: Coach Sit said to the Seattle crowd before tipoff, “Let’s kick some bay area butt!” which drew applause from everyone except for the Warriors… Former Golden State Warriors Head Coach Don Nelson was in attendance. The retired Nelson was brought on as an advisor during this past season for the Warriors… New Orleans Hornets off-contract SG Mark Moore raised a few eyebrows as he was courtside for the game. When asked if he would consider Seattle as a destination he stated, “I’d have to beat a certain somebody for a spot on this team. That said, I’m pretty happy with my situation”...

Box Score wrote:Seattle Stealth

SG Allen Iverson: 24 points, 9-15 FG, 2-6 3PT, 4-5 FT
SG Reshawn Tyson: 18 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists
PG Jason Kidd: 17 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists
SF Kevin Durant: 17 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks, 7-15 FG
C Andrew Bogut: 10 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks

Golden State Warriors

SG Monta Ellis: 19 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals, 6-14 FG, 7-7 FT
PG Louis Nixon: 16 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assists, 7-16 FG, 0-2 3PT, 2-2 FT
SF Corey Maggette: 14 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists
PF Brandon Wright: 11 points, 12 rebounds, 5-12 FG

NBA.com wrote:Around-The-League Wrap-Up: Game 1

Western Conference

Mavs 133 (Lai 27 pts, Nowitzki 26 pts, 8 reb, Bayless 19 pts, 8 ast)
@
Kings 130 (Chara 41 pts, 6 reb, 7 ast, Jefferson 23 pts, 9 reb, 4 ast, 5 blk, 3 stl, Redd 20 pts)

[Mavs lead series 1-0]

Eastern Conference

Bucks 71 (Gray 16 pts, Washburn 10 pts, Stevenson 9 pts)
@
Hawks 110 (Ginobili 17 pts, , Smith 15 pts, 13 reb, Bargnani 15 pts, 7 reb, 6 ast)

[Hawks lead series 1-0]

Nets 110 (Anthony 26 pts, Steele 18 pts, Yi 16 pts)
@
Cavs 125 (James 34 pts, 12 reb, 5 ast, West, Gibson 19 pts)

[Cavs lead series 1-0]
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Game 1

Postby George7 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:39 pm

(Y) Nice win there!AI really stepped up!
George7

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame