A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - ASW, Trade Deadline Update

Postby The X on Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:17 pm

I thought Chara was a SF, not a PF. Not cool at all if you changed his position (N)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:23 pm

I always make sure the top 2 vote getters by position (2 guards, 2 forwards) start in the ASG. If Wade has 800K, Carter 700K and Arenas 600K, I temporarily edit Wade to the 1.
Lamrock

Postby The X on Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:28 pm

Lamrock wrote:I always make sure the top 2 vote getters by position (2 guards, 2 forwards) start in the ASG. If Wade has 800K, Carter 700K and Arenas 600K, I temporarily edit Wade to the 1.

If he did that, then that's acceptable (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Mark. on Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:33 pm

Top update (Y) Some interesting trades by the knicks, but I forget what their roster looks like currently.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby hova- on Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:17 pm

Sweet update. Did Dirk get the ASG MVP? Pretty good trades here and there but it's hard to remember the actual rosters.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:56 pm

Lamrock wrote:Bizarre to see Luther Head make an all-star game, but I love the update. Hope New York makes the postseason.

Yes, some weird selections in there. The Knicks are in the middle of the pack, their moves will probably seal a spot for them.

Also... need to note that Cartar, Martti, and Kaiser_kobe all made the Western All-Stars team! Congrats guys!

Poor The X got snubbed!

The X wrote:
Lamrock wrote:I always make sure the top 2 vote getters by position (2 guards, 2 forwards) start in the ASG. If Wade has 800K, Carter 700K and Arenas 600K, I temporarily edit Wade to the 1.

If he did that, then that's acceptable (Y)

I played the game and changed the starting lineups. :P

Mark. wrote:Top update (Y) Some interesting trades by the knicks, but I forget what their roster looks like currently.

Yeah... off top of my head they have Iverson at PG, Lamar Odom at SF... rookie C who is averaging double digit points and 8 rpg... Artest backup SF and Aaron Brooks backup PG... some other players... stay tuned in a few updates time and you will see :)

hova- wrote:Sweet update. Did Dirk get the ASG MVP? Pretty good trades here and there but it's hard to remember the actual rosters.

Added score and All-Star MVP details in recap... sorry for forgetting. :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby dare on Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:18 pm

What is happening even in a virtual league Pierce still sits on top in the Allstar.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby |)e8* on Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:45 pm

Pierce is awesome thats why
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Cartar on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:04 pm

My first All-Star and I did rather well, 11 points. Great update.
Cartar

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:31 pm

Yeah boys, you're in for a treat. Next update will come in a few hours!!! Very soon! (Y)
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:03 am

dare wrote:What is happening even in a virtual league Pierce still sits on top in the Allstar.

yeah, dislike (N)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:30 am

Luther Head? :?
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Capturing the Friedmans (2003), Snake Eyes (1998), SPY×FAMILY - CODE: White (2023) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:58 am

8 points for me. I was just as good as Moses Chara.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:55 am

Thierry. wrote:Luther Head? :?

Yes... dunno how he made it. Then again, kaiser_kobe made it by averaging 8ppg, 6 rpg :lol:

Martti. wrote:8 points for me. I was just as good as Moses Chara.

He was cruising. You got dunked on by Dwight Howard haha twice...
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:29 pm

2011-12 Recap Part 4 – End Of Regular Season

Nash: This Could Be Our Last Chance

April 15 2012, PORTLAND (AP)Steve Nash knows that time is ticking towards the end of his NBA career and the two-time MVP wants to remind his Blazers teammates of that. “This is one of the last times in my career I feel that I can be a major contributor to an NBA contender,” Nash said, “I really want to close out my career with a championship.”

The 54-28 Portland Trailblazers look strong enough to win a title but it all comes down to how battered and bruised they come out of the Western Conference bracket. “The West is the toughest conference in the league,” Nate McMillan says, “Any team can come out and compete in the Western Conference Finals. Any team can make the Finals. Look at the Lakers last season when they won it all as seven seeds.”

McMillan however doesn’t see that happening again this season, “LA had a fairytale run and the Miami Heat weren’t that strong. I don’t think the Cavs or Hawks from this season would lose a seven game series against last season’s Lakers.”

Nash is averaging 14 ppg and 7 apg for the Blazers who have become a fan-favorite for their up-tempo style and team basketball ethos. Brandon Roy finished the season with 19 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 5.7 apg, and Ben Gordon led the team with 20 ppg. Carlos Boozer was solid with 14 ppg and 8 rpg while Greg Oden got through the season injury-free with 10 ppg. PG Jerryd Bayless once again was a huge contributor off the bench as he averaged 12 ppg and 5 apg.

Read More…

- - -

Cavs, Hawks Are Favorites

April 15 2012, ATLANTA (AP)LeBron James looks poised to add to his trophy cabinet after averaging 24 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 6.4 apg and leading the 54-28 Cavs to first place in the Easter Conference. However, the SF knows that the answer to basketball immortality is to win that much-coveted NBA title.

“I need that ring,” James admits, “Otherwise I won’t be remembered as an All-time great. My career will have meant nothing.” Luckily for James, the Cavs are as strong as last season in which they were upset by the Detroit Pistons in the second round. The difference a year makes is that the team has more chemistry. “Rudy (Gay) was in his first year with us, same with (Rudy) Fernandez,” James argues, “We’re better prepared to make a (title) run this year.”

Rudy Gay was a first time All-Star this season after averaging 23 ppg, 7 rpg and Mo Williams scored at a clip of 18 a game. The Cavs are considered the favorites to win it all but their Eastern Conference rivals, the Atlanta Hawks, are shaping as serious contenders too.

Finally out of the shadow of Tim Duncan and Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili is aiming to lead his own team to the NBA Finals. The 53-29 Hawks believe that they are capable of big things. Josh Smith, who averaged 16 ppg, 8 rpg, 4 apg, 2.5 bpg said, “We are as good as the Cavs. Whoever shows up and wants it more will win it. But I think that we are going to win the title in June.” Ginobili is having a fine individual season, the Argentine finished 2011-12 with 23 ppg, 5 rpg, and 4 apg.

Read More…

- - -

Yao Ming Happy Season From Hell Ended

April 16 2012, HOUSTON (AP) – Chinese C Yao Ming was more than happy that the NBA season finally ended for the League’s 2011-12 floor mats, the Houston Rockets. With SF Tracy Mcgrady succumbing to a season-ending back injury back in November, Yao and the Rockets finished the year at 24-58.

“It was tough with Tracy,” Ming admitted, “It’s like the team lost a lot of its character without him. I think this shows that we need to get some more help.” The Rockets’ front office also decided that it was time to make some moves to aid them in the upcoming offseason by trading away Ron Artest and Aaron Brooks for expiring contracts.

The Rockets have the best odds to win the number 1 draft pick with the Indiana Pacers and Detroit Pistons the next two sides with the best odds. The Pistons’ pick belongs to the Seattle Stealth as it was included in the Jeff Green-Rasheed Wallace deal from last season. The last time the Rockets won the first pick, they were able to pick up Ming. The next draft is headlined by Chinese PG Wu Jao who many expect to be the first pick.

Ming endorsed the youngster to be selected by the Rockets, “Jao is a player that we could really have. I play with him on the national team. He’s a good player.”

Read More…

- - -

Durant, Tyson Could Spell Trouble For Rest Of The West

April 17 2012, SEATTLE (AP)Kevin Durant finished as the NBA’s leading scorer for a third straight year. That makes Seattle scary after the emergence of third year SG Reshawn Tyson. Durant averaged 28 ppg to lead the Seattle Stealth to a first round matchup against the Utah Jazz.

Tyson played his first full season as a starter for the Stealth and upped his averages from last season’s 16 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.1 spg to 21 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 4.1 apg, 2.0 spg for this season. Seattle’s head coach Will Sit was happy with Tyson’s performance, “Reshawn really stepped up this season and I was very impressed that he played consistently for all 82 games of the season. Kevin struggled with a few injuries and it’s nice to have Ty backing him up in those times of need.”

As the team prepares for their first round showdown against the Jazz, Durant remains confident that the Stealth could challenge for the NBA title after two trips past the first round in the past two seasons, “We made the Conference Finals two years ago. We’ve just lost twice to the Blazers who are overrated but they are still tough to beat. As long as we get over that hump, we can win the NBA championship.”

Read More…
Last edited by Fresh8 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - End of 11-12 Reg Season

Postby Lamrock on Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:19 pm

Glad to see Ty panning out! 45-37 isn't that good though. 2K9 and its unpolarizing sim stats...
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:12 pm

Lamrock wrote:Glad to see Ty panning out! 45-37 isn't that good though. 2K9 and its unpolarizing sim stats...

45 is good for 5th seed. That's all that I care about. :)
Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Nice recap, great reads. Tyson deffinately stepped up! Hopefully hm and Durant can become good buddies and lead the team to the ring. Can't wait for the draft either :D
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:33 pm

Mark. wrote:Nice recap, great reads. Tyson deffinately stepped up! Hopefully hm and Durant can become good buddies and lead the team to the ring. Can't wait for the draft either :D

Well, if things are to judge by from the prologue, they might be good buddies now?

Prologue wrote:Ty was rubbing his hands together as if it were cold and blew air into them. He looked over at the bench and pointed at his head coach then winked. Will Sit was yelling instructions as the game was about to get underway. Durant had jumped onto the scorer’s table and waved his arms in the air. Ty shook his head and laughed.
“Get down off of there!” assistant coach George Karl yelled at Durant.
Durant jumped backwards off of the table and nearly fell on his ass as he landed on the court. He turned around as the crowd applauded. Durant jogged over past Ty. Ty gave Durant a fist bump then the two shared a handshake.
“Game time baby,” Ty said.
Durant gave just a slight nod and ran over to match up on Smith.

Yes, the Draft will be the best part. We have two lottery picks! :)
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:05 pm

Great season by Ty (Y) Also, great season by Ginobili :D
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Capturing the Friedmans (2003), Snake Eyes (1998), SPY×FAMILY - CODE: White (2023) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby |)e8* on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:42 pm

Ty and Durant the new BFFs?
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Martti. on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Wow, averaging 50 points combined. That's one heck of a duo.

Dunking on me don't matter, Dwight's cool. Oh wait, he hurt Tyson. Damn.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:49 am

Thierry. wrote:Great season by Ty (Y) Also, great season by Ginobili :D

Manu been playing great for the Hawks since he got traded there. (Y)

De8 wrote:Ty and Durant the new BFFs?

Maybe.

Martti. wrote:Wow, averaging 50 points combined. That's one heck of a duo.

Dunking on me don't matter, Dwight's cool. Oh wait, he hurt Tyson. Damn.

Haha. Yeah man. Don't ever forget that. He's great buddies with KD. :P
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:35 am

bro, hurry up and give us the next update! :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Valor wrote:bro, hurry up and give us the next update! :P

Be patient. :)

League standings, League leaders, Seattle Stealth Player Stats, Player Awards coming up next! (Y)
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame