A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - 2011 Draft, Free Agency

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:07 am

Valor wrote:I dont like Martin or your acquisitions but if they are good for you then it's all good (Y)
Melo going to the Nets...interesting, maybe i should make that happen in mine :lol:

Melo goes to a very very good Nets team.

Schmidt, Yi, Melo, Mason, Steele are all rated >85... Travis outlaw is rated low 80s... Melo is in 90s and Steele is close to 90 and Scmidt is an 87 from memory.

puttincomputers wrote:sweet! how are my wolves?

Pretty shitty actually. :P
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Lamrock on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:43 am

Can't wait for more, Mr. Hype. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:07 am

Lamrock wrote:Can't wait for more, Mr. Hype. (Y)

The bad news is that an update prob won't be up for another few days. I was going to start this after I had finished all my updates but popular demand beckoned so I started it early. This is what you guys get... pretty good tradeoff I hope. :lol:

BTW, thanks for showing some love in between updates. What would really be good of you is to root for Kobe to play on Sunday! :P
Fresh8

Postby megarover on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:11 pm

He better play. What would a All-Star Game be without Kobe. :D
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:01 pm

megarover wrote:He better play. What would a All-Star Game be without Kobe. :D

umm... it would be an All-Star Game without Kobe? :lol:
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:02 am

What's my teams line-up? With ratings if possible. :)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:06 am

Martti. wrote:What's my teams line-up? With ratings if possible. :)

Be patient. Those details will be in an update in the near future. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:42 pm

2011-12 Recap Part 2 – First Half Of Regular Season

Rubio Makes Long Awaited NBA Debut

October 28 2011, INDIANA (AP) – The Pacers’ Ricky Rubio made his long awaited NBA debut but was rather unspectacular as he struggled with the pace of the American game. Rubio found himself in foul trouble against the Detroit Pistons as he was limited to just 24 minutes. The Spanish rookie finished with 5 points and 4 assists as the Pacers pulled off a 101-97 win.

Rubio was happy with his first ever NBA game, “It was nice to finally play. It will take time for me to get better but I am confident that I will help Indiana.”

Read More…

- - -

Pacers Agree To Leo Chase Offer

November 12 2011, PHOENIX (AP) – The Phoenix Suns had had enough of troublesome PF Leo Chase and dealt him to the Indiana Pacers in exchange for underachieving SG Leonard Cassell. Cassell was a projected top 3 pick in the 2010 NBA Draft but slipped to Indiana at 16where he has since underachieved. Many pundits labeled Cassell as a potential All-Star with his talents on both ends of the court. The Suns hope that they can provide an environment for the second year guard to flourish.

Chase had a solid rookie season after being selected 13th in the same draft as Cassell however off-court troubles and his over-the-top flamboyance helped to oust the athletic freak from Phoenix. Chase is expected to help form a solid core with Indiana’s Marc Gasol, Danny Granger and Ricky Rubio.

President of basketball operations Larry Bird claims that Chase can be a star for the Pacers, “In my years playing and working in the front office, I have not seen many as athletic as this guy. Leo Chase is going to be a huge boost for this team on the court as well as in ticket sales. The fans will love him!”

Read More…

- - -

Seattle Stealth Acquires PF Luis Scola

December 9 2011, SEATTLE (AP) – Seattle had signed SG Raja Bell last season to provide depth and leadership from the 2-guard position. Bell was a starter for a while before being moved to the bench and since the emergence of starter Reshawn Tyson and backup Trevor Ariza, Bell was seen as an expendable piece of the Seattle roster. So when the Toronto Raptors offered PF Luis Scola and a 2012 first round pick, the Stealth did not hesitate to pounce.

“This move really opens up a lot more playing time for Ariza,” Stealth assistant coach George Karl analyzed, “Tyson will finally have the starting spot to himself and hopefully we will see a lift in his performance too.” Bell is averaging 8 ppg, 4 rpg, 2.5 apg on fine shooting percentages. He is shooting at .507 from behind the three point line. “It’s a shame to see Raja go,” Karl stated, “But we’re getting a bruising power forward in Luis Scola who will really help us get tougher. The fact we were offered that first rounder really made this deal a no-brainer.”

Read More…

- - -

Kings and Cavs Lead NBA At 2011’s End

December 28 2011, SACRAMENTO (AP) – The Sacramento Kings have played some inspiring basketball to take the lead in the Western Conference. Moses Chara may have experienced a dip in scoring as his points average has dropped to just over 23 ppg but he is also pulling down 9 rpg and dishing out 9 apg. The trade off is better team success as Chara shares the ball with teammate SG Kevin Martin and off-season acquisition SG Michael Redd.

Redd is proving to be a major player in the team’s success averaging 20 ppg. Meanwhile, Martin is once again leading the team with 25 ppg. The team’s minor deal of acquiring athletic PG Russell Westbrook has paid off greatly with the former Charlotte Bobcat reserve taking over Steve Blake’s starting spot with much success. The move allows the team to play a faster paced game.

With the team looking like locks to hold onto a great playoff position, veteran C Shaquille O’Neal is optimistic that he will be able to win a fifth NBA ring in what should be the final season of his 19 year NBA career. The two teams chasing the Kings for the top spot are the Portland Trailblazers and the Los Angeles Lakers; the two teams in last year’s Western Conference Finals.

In the Eastern Conference, the Cleveland Cavaliers look certain to have the first seed at the season’s end with LeBron James having a strong campaign averaging 27 ppg, 9 rpg, and 7 apg. Rudy Gay is playing exceptionally in his second season as a Cav and looks like a possible All-Star player for February.

Read More…
Last edited by Fresh8 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - 11-12 First Half of Reg Season Recap

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:10 pm

23-9-9 by Chara? :bowdown:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Capturing the Friedmans (2003), Snake Eyes (1998), SPY×FAMILY - CODE: White (2023) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby The X on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:41 pm

Nice pickup of Scola. Raptors ripped themselves off big-time. Some definitely much-need frontcourt depth for the Stealth (Y)

No wonder why Kings won it all, they added a starting PG in Westbrook & a super 6th man in Redd. Between those 2, Moses & Martin, that's a very potent scoring lineup :cool: Plus Shaq inside to man up. I guess Shaq is a better winner than Kobe after all :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:06 pm

Thierry. wrote:23-9-9 by Chara? :bowdown:

Yes... nearly a triple double... nearly... but scoring down from >25ppg of the season before. :(

The X wrote:Nice pickup of Scola. Raptors ripped themselves off big-time. Some definitely much-need frontcourt depth for the Stealth (Y)

No wonder why Kings won it all, they added a starting PG in Westbrook & a super 6th man in Redd. Between those 2, Moses & Martin, that's a very potent scoring lineup :cool: Plus Shaq inside to man up. I guess Shaq is a better winner than Kobe after all :P

Definitely, wasn't gonna say no to that trade! (Y) Scola hasn't been getting many minutes but has pushed Kenyon Martin onto the IR for a permanent stay :lol:

I think they also got Zydranus Ilgauskas backing up Shaq. Can't remember. But some veteran C. A bit weak at PF but they got lots of offensive firepower...
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Yeah man, Moses in the house. Really nice 23,9,9 is sick. Good deal to get Scola and the first rounder. Kind of a rip off I guess :) I can't help myself though, it always seems like the stealth big men are the typical role players. KD is waiting for a star big man, go and get one!
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby J@3 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Toronto got raped in that trade, they won't be able to sit down for weeks. Good update (Y)
J@3

Postby Valor on Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:44 pm

I don't like Scola, but nice trade (Y)
Kings are doing good, I dont like that :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:49 pm

hova- wrote:Yeah man, Moses in the house. Really nice 23,9,9 is sick. Good deal to get Scola and the first rounder. Kind of a rip off I guess :) I can't help myself though, it always seems like the stealth big men are the typical role players. KD is waiting for a star big man, go and get one!

Well, they offered so I accepted. I have a very deep front court, could probably do a package trade for a star big man now. (Y)

Jae wrote:Toronto got raped in that trade, they won't be able to sit down for weeks. Good update (Y)

Thanks dude. (Y) Yeah man, they did get raped in the ass lol... but brought it on themselves!

Valor wrote:I don't like Scola, but nice trade (Y)
Kings are doing good, I dont like that :lol:

Kings doing very good :lol:
Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:47 am

Great trade for you, but yeah Scola sickens me for some reason, don't know why. I like that King roster, got the mad 6th man in Redd.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:21 am

Mark. wrote:Great trade for you, but yeah Scola sickens me for some reason, don't know why. I like that King roster, got the mad 6th man in Redd.

Yeah, checked back cause didn't sound right that Redd was averaging 20ppg from off bench... the Kings do a mid season trade and relegate him to the bench as sixth man. So you will find out who in the next update. :)
Fresh8

Postby dare on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:31 am

The computer offers very dumb trade you totally got the upperhand with that trade
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:47 pm

dare wrote:The computer offers very dumb trade you totally got the upperhand with that trade

Yeah man. I love when they try to rip me off... suddenly I get a really really good deal. Love it.
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:41 pm

Fresh wrote:
dare wrote:The computer offers very dumb trade you totally got the upperhand with that trade

Yeah man. I love when they try to rip me off... suddenly I get a really really good deal. Love it.

:lol: they did that in mine too, i got offered Allen Iverson and Josh Smith from Atlanta for Chauncey Billups, Finley and Bowen....turned it down though, too much of an overkill :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:57 pm

Valor wrote:
Fresh wrote:

:lol: they did that in mine too, i got offered Allen Iverson and Josh Smith from Atlanta for Chauncey Billups, Finley and Bowen....turned it down though, too much of an overkill :P

I usually say no but Scola's rating wasn't as good as Bell's and the first rounder should be a pretty high pick so I figured 'what the heck'... turns out as a great deal cause I didn't want Bell anymore anyways!
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - 2011-12 Recap

Postby Mark. on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:26 am

Addition by subtraction :D
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:57 am

Mark. wrote:Addition by subtraction :D

Damn right. (Y)

Next update coming in a few hours!
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:37 pm

2011-12 Recap Part 3 – All-Star Weekend, Trade Deadline

NBA All-Star Starters Announced

January 21 2012, NEW YORK (AP) – The NBA announced the All-Star Game starters yesterday with LeBron James and Moses Chara headlining each squad. James is joined by Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh, Gilbert Arenas and Rajon Rondo in the Eastern Conference starting lineup.

Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Durant, and Yao Ming join Chara to start for the Western Conference. The lineups were voted in by fans and James was the leading vote getter out of all players.

The reigning NBA MVP was humbled by being the most popular player after All-Star balloting but was called out by Kings F Chara upon hearing the result, “He (James) is overrated. He can’t ball like I can. I look forward to showing who is the better player.”

Read More…

- - -

Controversial Inclusion Of Dela Cruz As All-Star Reserve

February 2 2012, DALLAS (AP) – When word broke that Dallas Mavericks F Kenneth Dela Cruz would be voted in by coaches as a substitute on the Western Conference All-Star bench, there was outrage. That news has now been confirmed as the NBA announced the reserves for the All-Star Game.

Second year player Dela Cruz is averaging 8.1 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 3.9 apg, 1.8 spg, 2.0 bpg but it would be hard to argue that he should have been picked ahead of the likes of Tony Parker and Tim Duncan. Duncan, who will miss his first All-Star game in a while stated, “At least I will get to go away for the weekend.”

First time All-Stars include Ray Lliach, Michael Beasley, Luther Head and Rudy Gay. The All-Star teams are as follows:

Eastern Conference

C: Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
PF: Chris Bosh, Toronto Raptors
SF: LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
SG: Gilbert Arenas, Washington Wizards
PG: Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics

Luther Head, Detroit Pistons
Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia 76ers
Rudy Gay, Cleveland Cavaliers
DJ Schmidt, New Jersey Nets
Michael Beasley, Miami Heat
Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics

Western Conference

C: Yao Ming, Houston Rockets
PF: Moses Chara, Sacramento Kings
SF: Kevin Durant, Seattle Stealth
SG: Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
PG: Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets

Ray Lliach, Los Angeles Clippers
Joe Johnson, Utah Jazz
Kenneth Dela Cruz, Dallas Mavericks
Martti Must, Memphis Grizzlies
Andrew Bogut, Seattle Stealth
Dirk Nowizki, Dallas Mavericks
Deron Williams, Utah Jazz

- - -

All-Star Reserves Pierce, Nowitzki Have Scoring Duel

February 15 2012, CLEVELAND (AP) – Dallas Mavericks PF Dirk Nowitzki showed that he still has it in him even with the Mavs dangerously holding onto feigning playoff hopes. Nowitzki came off the bench to score 21 points and grab 6 rebounds to lead the Western Conference All-Stars. Eastern conference counterpart Boston Celtic SF Paul Pierce scored 19 from off the bench.

The two veterans stole the spotlight from their younger All-Star teammates as LeBron James and Moses Chara’s much anticipated showdown never came to fruition. James had just 9 points while Chara put up just 8 points and 6 assists.

Nowitzki and Pierce each scored 12 points in the final quarter but it was Pierce’s three point play with 23 seconds left that put the East up by 5. The Lakers’ Kobe Bryant missed a jumper against the defensive pressure from Pierce with 10.1 seconds left and the game was all but over as Pierce’s teammate Rajon Rondo dribbled the clock out. The Eastern Conference won the game 110-105, with Pierce taking All-Star MVP honors.

Other notable performers in the game were: Chris Bosh 18 points, Gilbert Arenas 14 points, Michael Beasley 13 points, Rudy Gay 9 points for the Eastern Conference and Yao Ming 14 points, Kevin Durant 11 points, Ray Lliach 11 points, Joe Johnson 11 points, Martti Must 8 points, Kenneth Dela Cruz 2 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists for the Western Conference.

Read More…

- - -

Knicks Make Flurry Of Trade Deadline Moves

February 23 2012, NEW YORK (AP) – The 30-28 New York Knicks are desperate to break their playoff drought, so the team made a flurry of moves to try and solidify their position in the Eastern Conference. Their blockbuster deal in acquiring SF Ron Artest and PG Aaron Brooks should go a long way towards that.

Artest is averaging 17 ppg, 5 rpg, 3 apg, 2 spg, 1.5 bpg, and Brooks is averaging 14 ppg and 4 apg. The former Hoston Rocket players are expected to join the Knicks’ second unit. In return, the Rockets received expiring contracts Boris Diaw (1.5 ppg), Danilo Gallinari (8.1 ppg, 3 rpg), Wilson Chandler (2 ppg), and the Knicks’ 2012 first round pick.

With SF Tracy Mcgrady out all season with a back injury, the Rockets have dropped to a League-worst 17-37 record. The Rockets decided that it was time to move on and trade for expiring contracts and prepare to start anew for the following season.

The Knicks were also involved in two minor deals. In one they traded Amir Johnson (1.6 ppg, 2.0 rpg) to the Warriors for Al Harrington (8 ppg, 1.6 rpg) and a 2012 second round pick. In the other they traded away Nick Young (9.7 ppg, 1.7 rpg) to acquire Mike Miller (9.6 ppg, 3.9 rpg) from the Pistons.

Read More…

- - -

Sacramento’s Moves Solidify Roster For Postseason

February 23 2012, SACRAMENTO (AP) – A sudden drop in form has prompted the 33-24 Sacramento Kings to retool their roster with a handful of deals. The Kings hope that trading for Jerry Stackhouse, Andres Nocioni and Zydranus Ilgauskas will help them in defeating the 40-15 Portland Trailbalzers in the playoffs.

The Kings dealt Brad Miller (1.7 ppg) to the Nets for Stackhouse (6.7 ppg). In order to get Nocioni (10 ppg, 2.5 rpg), the Kings had to part with Keyon Dooling (4.5 ppg) and their 2012 second round pick. The recent sidelining of Shaquille O’Neal forced the Kings to look for some help at the centre position and so they traded away Kris Humpries (4.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg) to acquire Ilgauskas (6 ppg, 3 rpg).

Leading MVP Candidate Moses Chara welcomes all of the Kings’ moves, “We’ve got three solid veterans coming in and I feel that our bench is a lot stronger than it was at the start of the season.”

Read More…
Last edited by Fresh8 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - ASW, Trade Deadline Update

Postby Lamrock on Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Bizarre to see Luther Head make an all-star game, but I love the update. Hope New York makes the postseason.
Lamrock

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame