A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Houndy on Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:36 am

Valor wrote:
Houndy wrote: 5'11 with muscle. We never got a rebound

How do you get out-rebounded by a 5 foot 11 guy :roll:

Our team is a middle school aged team, and our best rebounder was at the World Series. Our tallest player was like 5'6 or 5'7. Jeez :eh:
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:33 am

Deleted
Last edited by Fresh8 on Thu May 29, 2014 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:13 am

I'll go against the flow and say...

Not the loss though, that sucks. I laugh at you being called out by your teammate as a ball hogging chucker.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks Grinch. :)
Fresh8

Postby C-77 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:43 pm

Ouch we're the same :( except even worse for me...

My teamate had the chance to ice the game with free throws we were up by 2, 6 seconds on the clock he missed both :evil: other team got the rebound,we scrambled and their Shooting Guard hits a three pointer.2 seconds left my teammate(not the one who shot the free throws) attempted a half-court shot of course it missed.
I was so pissed off at that guy (the one who shot the free throws) that I quit the team because it was a quarter finals knockout game.

but on the bright side I was the leading scorer and leading in assist with 23 & 6

back to the topic: when are you gonna post game 4? excited for it :)
Last edited by C-77 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|Proud to be a Bedan|Bryan_C. is my cousin|Celtics & Magic fan|Pinoy Ako|

Follow me on Twitter

{♣NBA LIVE IS STILL LIVE!!♣}
C-77
We Do It For The City,We Do It for the fans

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:10 pm

I've missed clutch free throws before :lol: It's no fun. But I wouldn't quit the team if what happened to you happened to me. If he got to the line and had a chance to tie and win the game, I'd be happy but the fact that there was no pass twice really pissed me off. Nothing to quit over though, that's just life and that's how basketball goes sometimes.

As for Game 4, will be a few days. I'm in the middle of studying for exams so if I am still awake in an hour after writing up more notes, I will get onto writing the next update. You might get one tonight (Y)
Fresh8

Postby C-77 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:33 pm

I quit the team not only because of that but because off the court we don't really hangout much,the guys that I hang out with are in another team and i wasn't able to join them because the roster already hit the 15 player maximum ( which I will be joining next season due to players already reaching the maximum age limit which is 16 years old (Y) )

Follow me on Twitter

C-77

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:41 pm

C-77 wrote:I quit the team not only because of that but because off the court we don't really hangout much,the guys that I hang out with are in another team and i wasn't able to join them because the roster already hit the 15 player maximum ( which I will be joining next season due to players already reaching the maximum age limit which is 16 years old (Y) )

Fair enough. I've played a few filipinos over here. :P They even have an all-filipino league on Sunday nights haha
Fresh8

Postby C-77 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:47 pm

That's nice (Y) Also heard that there all-filipino leagues in singapore aswell.I guess basketball is really the main sport for Filipinos except for boxing

Follow me on Twitter

C-77

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:51 pm

C-77 wrote:That's nice (Y) Also heard that there all-filipino leagues in singapore aswell.I guess basketball is really the main sport for Filipinos except for boxing

haha, yeah. Don't you guys like football as well?
Fresh8

Postby |)e8* on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Tough loss in real life man, had that sorta game before, but we were away and the refs don't give us any calls
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby C-77 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Yeah we also love football but If you ask guys here what they're favorite sport,9 times out of 10 they answer basketball :) (this is based on a survey that I did for our school)

Follow me on Twitter

C-77

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:01 pm

|)e8* wrote:Tough loss in real life man, had that sorta game before, but we were away and the refs don't give us any calls

We had no calls last night. The turning point was the bogus tech foul but we still built a 6 point lead after fourth quarter started with both teams tied... then refs sent the other team to the line 6 times, luckily they shot 50% from charity stripe in that quarter but the clock kept running and that made it an even tighter game. I was hacked a lot of times going to the rack and got no calls. It was shit.

A lot of things didn't go our way I guess.

C-77 wrote:Yeah we also love football but If you ask guys here what they're favorite sport,9 times out of 10 they answer basketball :) (this is based on a survey that I did for our school)

Well, your school isn't a very good sample. Maybe if you did a selection of schools around different areas, your results would be more meaningful. :P
Fresh8

Postby C-77 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:10 pm

I'm to lazy to do that :P But maybe next time when we'll have another survey project

Follow me on Twitter

C-77

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:11 pm

C-77 wrote:I'm to lazy to do that :P But maybe next time when we'll have another survey project

I'm not suggesting you do it. I'm just stating fact that it would be much more meaningful to have a larger and more diverse sample to survey. :)

But what is the official national sport? Is there one?
Fresh8

Postby George7 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Tough loss man.

Though all these years we only have been twice on a close game with my team(and both won!),i understand what you felt.
As it seems your teammate acted a little egoistic and thought he could be the team's savior.
George7

Postby C-77 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Sit wrote:
C-77 wrote:I'm to lazy to do that :P But maybe next time when we'll have another survey project

I'm not suggesting you do it. I'm just stating fact that it would be much more meaningful to have a larger and more diverse sample to survey. :)

I'm not really sure but I think it is boxing

Follow me on Twitter

C-77

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:28 pm

George7 wrote:Tough loss man.

Though all these years we only have been twice on a close game with my team(and both won!),i understand what you felt.
As it seems your teammate acted a little egoistic and thought he could be the team's savior.

I've cooled down a lot since last night. I can understand if he wants to take the last shot, we're all human. That's why I could understand the first attempt but the second attempt should have been from someone else. Since he's guarded by 3 guys, I was open and someone else would have been too. He could have got us a much better look.

It happens, I've had my share of failings at the buzzer. Including start of the year in back to back games, where I missed one buzzer beater to win the game and also two free throws to break a tied game. As I said, it's life. Just gonna work harder in Summer League and looking forward to playing with our newest recruit The X. :)

C-77 wrote:
Sit wrote:

I'm not really sure but I think it is boxing

You guys win at the Olympics in boxing? :)
Fresh8

Postby C-77 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:36 pm

I have no Idea if we won at the Olympics :lol: ,all I know is Manny Pacquiao always wins :cool:

Follow me on Twitter

C-77

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:39 pm

C-77 wrote:I have no Idea if we won at the Olympics :lol: ,all I know is Manny Pacquiao always wins :cool:

I can't be stuffed to research. Maybe one of your compatriots can answer the question :)

And my question is if you win anything at Olympics :)
Fresh8

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:17 am

tough loss sit. makes me thankful i was always on one of the best teams in my little league days. I was always the worst player though. on 6 points in three years. lol.

i know what you mean when the refs are biased.

My team was playing for the championship my second year and we lost due to some terrible calls. It did not help that the manager of the other team was the head honcho of the league!
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:24 am

Thanks for the kind words Manfred. :)
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:29 am

Sit wrote:It happens, I've had my share of failings at the buzzer. Including start of the year in back to back games, where I missed one buzzer beater to win the game and also two free throws to break a tied game. As I said, it's life. Just gonna work harder in Summer League and looking forward to playing with our newest recruit The X. :)

Reunion at last? (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:31 am

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:It happens, I've had my share of failings at the buzzer. Including start of the year in back to back games, where I missed one buzzer beater to win the game and also two free throws to break a tied game. As I said, it's life. Just gonna work harder in Summer League and looking forward to playing with our newest recruit The X. :)

Reunion at last? (Y)

Well, he is an original member of the team. :)

Dunno if he's excited to play alongside me again. I will be happy to have a good shooter and decent rebounder for his size to be on the floor with me.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:33 am

Chapter 15

Moses Chara rose and slammed the ball down. On the way up, he had made contact with Andrew Bogut. The refs called foul and signalled that the 2 points would count and one more free throw would be coming as well. Chara strutted to the free throw line as the Seattle crowd booed. Chara fist bumped Russell Westbrook and Michael Redd, then turned and stepped up to the free throw line. The ref bounced the ball to him. The crowd was loud but he would not be distracted. Chara held his shooting arm in the air; perfect form. Bogut cautght the ball as it dropped through the net, stepped out and passed it to Kidd.
“Post up!” Kidd shouted to Bogut who was running past him up the floor.
Bogut got position on the other end and Kidd threw him the entry pass. Bogut tried to back down on Al Jefferson when Westbrook came out of nowhere to knock the ball out of his hands. Bogut cursed as Westbrook held onto the rock for safety and dribbled the ball down the court. The Kings slowed it down and swung the ball around. They wanted to burn up as much of the shot clock as possible. Kidd was a bit too eager and lunged out at Westbrook who evaded him and drove in. Bogut came off of Jefferson and Westbrook lobbed the ball in the air over him. The ball sailed towards the rim and Jefferson leapt in the air and caught it. He landed on the ground and immediately went back up like a pogo stick and dunked. Jefferson tied the game at 121-121.
Sit had seen enough and made a timeout signal with his hands, “Time-out!”
Sheed mimicked him, which prompted Coach Karl to throw a towel at him.
The refs stopped the game with 16 seconds left and Seattle down by a digit.

“Kevin, I want you to take the last shot,” those were Sit’s instructions.
The teams returned to the floor. The chant’s of MVP began to rain down from all around. The real MVP, Chara, laughed and went up to Durant.
“What a joke,” he said to Durant.
The NBA leading scorer, Durant, sneered, “whatever.”
When play resumed, Durant had the ball in his hands. He called the isolation and went to work against Chara. With 6 seconds left on the clock, Durant pulled up for a long jumper. The ball rattled off the rim and Jefferson grabbed the rebound. He was sent to the free throw line almost immediately. Jefferson felt the pressure that would come with two critical free throws; all he had to do was hit one of them. ‘One free throw will give us the lead and possibly the win,’ Jefferson told himself in his head, ‘Come on man – you can do this!’ The crowd cheered loudly as he missed the first one. The cheers were even louder as he missed the second one.
“Thank God!” Sit was relieved.
Bogut had gathered the missed shot and called a time out. Only seconds were left and the teams were still tied. The Stealth gathered around Sit near the bench.
“We got one last shot at this,” Sit began.
Durant was nodding and looked confident that he could hit the last shot.
Sit shouted out some more instructions, “Let’s get Ty open for the last shot.”
“What?” Durant and Ty both yelled in astonishment at the same time.
Sit replied, “You heard me.”
The timeout ended and the Stealth returned to the floor. Durant had remained glued to the bench.

“I ain’t moving man,” Durant was throwing a temper tantrum, “I ain’t going back on if I don’t get that last shot.”
Sit couldn’t believe it, “Are you kidding me man?”
Jason Kidd had run back to the bench to try and coerce Durant back out on the floor, “Kevin, come on man.”
Durant countered, "Do you know who I am? I'm Kevin Durant. Four time NBA scoring champion. Period."
Sit called another time out to get this mess sorted. It was the last and final one for the game.
“Give me a good reason why I ain’t taking the last shot,” Durant demanded of Sit.
“Ty’s shooting a heck of a lot better tonight,” Sit pleaded with him, “Just get back onto the court. It’s not a good look for you or our team.”
Kidd added, “If you are a real leader, you are going to get back out there and help us win.”
Durant reluctantly returned to the floor. The Kings didn’t think much of the exchange and kept their eyes on Durant. Ty was able to get the basketball and sink the fadeaway buzzer beater to win Game 2 for Seattle.
“We won!” David Lee yelled as he bolted towards Ty and picked him up.
Ty had both arms in the air as the moment became overwhelming for him and his teammates. Chris Wilcox and Rocky Akonnor had run over from the bench to join in the celebration. Aaron Karl, Jao Wu, Mingyu Li surrounded them and gave eachother high fives and hugs. The Stealth fans were going nuts. It was hysteria and no one had noticed that Durant, Bogut and Iverson had all left the court and were already in the team locker room. Chara looked over from afar as his college rival celebrated his latest moment of triumph. Chara was angry; he was so close to willing his team to a 2-0 lead for the series.
Craig Sager, in his newspaper grey suit, had waited for the celebrating to die down before pulling Ty aside, “Reshawn, that was a beautiful bucket tonight. Can you walk us through that last play?”
Ty had tears in his eyes, “Sorry for tearing up a little.”
He laughed before continuing, “Coach had faith in me to make the last bucket. I just came out and did what I had to do. I’m so relieved that it dropped.”
Sager patted him on the back, “You’re going to Sacramento now, how confident are you in coming back here with a series lead?”
“They’re a tough team and Sacramento is a tough place to play in. It’s going to be hard but I think we can come back with the series lead. Definitely.”
“Thanks Reshawn. Good game tonight,” Sager stated as he let Ty go, “That was Reshawn Tyson with the buzzer beater to win the ball game tonight here in Seattle. 33 points for number 23 tonight and the series stands at 1-1. Back to you guys in the studio!”

Durant was waiting for Ty to walk into the locker room. Ty ran in with a wide grin on his face but it would be wiped off straight away. As he bolted in, Durant tackled him into the wall. Everyone turned as they heard the thud made by Ty being violently shoved into the wall.
“Uh,” Ty grimaced as Durant had him pinned to the wall.
Durant was saying under his breath, “Fuck you. How dare you take that last shot, it was mine.”
Durant’s arm was rested on Ty’s throat and he was struggling to breath. Air was being choked out of him and Ty was struggling to even resist Durant’s force. Bogut who didn’t like Ty much either tried to pull Durant off of him.
“Mate, you’re going to kill him,” Bogut was a little concerned.
"Do you know who I am? I'm Kevin Durant bitch!" Durant was yelling at the top of his lungs as Bogut was pulling him off of Ty.
Bogut managed to unpin Ty from Durant’s grip as he kept spitting in Ty's face, "Who's team is this? It's my team bitch! No bitches take my last shot. Fuck you!"
Ty slumped against the wall and slid onto the ground. Durant put his right hand up, impliedly telling Bogut not to touch him again. Bogut backed off. All of a sudden, Durant’s shoe would meet Ty’s torso. Ty yelled out in pain. By now, everyone was breaking them up.
“Don’t mess with me kid!” Durant was shouting, mad as a rabid dog, “I told you not to fuck with me! You fucking fool!”
“Stop what you’re doing!” Sit was yelling out as he walked into the room.
Moments later, security staff were also inside and blocking the media from capturing any of the commotion. The whole team was instructed not to disclose anything that had happened. The whole incident would be left in the dark.

Sit was stressed. He was in trouble with team management for the latest Durant-Tyson fiasco.
“If any of this gets out in the press, you are screwed,” one of the head office guys had called him, “And if you can’t get control of your team, you will be the first to go.”
Sit had met with Durant and Ty. The two were not on talking terms. The feeling of animosity was unquestionable. The last thing Sit needed was for the two of them to ruin any of the momentum the team had built in their quest to make the NBA Finals.
“I’m begging the two of you,” Sit stated matter-of-factly, “No more fighting. For the sake of me, no more fighting.”
Sit knew the message wasn’t going to get through to them. He went a different route. As practice came to a close on the eve of Game 3, Sit decided to call out his other All-Star.
“Andrew is no use to this team if he isn’t scoring in the post,” Sit frankly told reporters, “If we want him to sit there and look pretty, we’ve already got David, Chris and Rocky Akonnor for that.”
“I think that Andrew has not really been able to run with his strengths because we’ve played the Warriors and Blazers so far. I do think the Kings play more of a half court set and that’s when we really need Andrew firing,” Sit stated, “I am pleading with my guys to really move the ball and get it in the post. It will open up the floor for us. We just need Andrew being aggressive and scoring buckets.”
And in Game 3, Bogut responded as he tallied 27 points and 12 rebounds. The Stealth came back from a double digit deficit to shock the Kings at home. Moses Chara promised that the same result would not come around in Game 4.
“I’m going to show everyone why I am the best player in the world,” he vowed.

Durant and Ty had been testy towards each other in the lead up to Game 4. The off-court resentment translated onto the court as the two players refused to pass to one another. Sit was relieved that his guys were getting it done despite Durant not getting his touches and sulking on the bench. Iverson took advantage of the extra minutes and touches by shooting every time he got it and he was on his way to a big scoring night. Durant seemed to be making a point by not shooting the ball. The half-time score was 72-72 as the team gathered in the visitor’s locker room to discuss the first half.
“Kevin and Ty, you guys have got to pass to each other,” Sit called his two stars out but to no avail, “There’s no point in having both of you on the floor together if you are going to be childish.”
Sit also told his team that they needed to really knuckle down on defence, “One team is going to get cold and it better not be us.”
As his guys exited to go back out to start the third quarter, Sit pulled Durant aside.
“If you’re going to keep being stubborn, I won’t play you.”
Durant laughed, “Then don’t play me and watch us lose.”
Durant strolled off and Sheed had come to speak to Sit, "Hey Coach, look what I got."
Sit was annoyed and didn't want to talk to him, "Sheed, can you just not talk to me for the rest of the night?"
Sit sent Durant back onto the floor along with Kidd, Ty, Lee, and Bogut. Chara smiled and sided up next to Durant as the players waited for the refs to start the quarter.
“Skinny son of a bitch,” Chara trash talked and pointed at Ty, “You ain’t got nothing on me. The only thing you can do is score a few buckets but what’s happening tonight? Looks like your girlfriend over there is stealing your shine.”
Durant yelped back, “Don’t even talk to me. Go get some mints, your breath stinks.”
Chara grabbed the back of Durant’s jersey, “Trying to talk tough? I’d knock you out right here if I could.”
Durant loosened Chara’s grip by hack at his arm, “I said don’t touch me fuckwit!”
Chara gave Durant a little nudge and Durant responded by trying to grab Chara with both hands. The game officials and a few team mates had run over to separate the two. Tech fouls were issued and the game would resume as the Kings home crowd cheered loudly and chanted ‘fight, fight, fight!’ The third quarter was under way and Ty scored on a breakaway dunk. That would silence the crowd. Sit looked away as Ty was running back down the court.
Sheed sounded a little uneasy, "Uh... Coach."
Sit was drawing up a play on the whiteboard, "Just spit it out."
"I don't know if this is a good time to talk since you told me to be quiet..."
Sit was getting very annoyed with him, "Spill!"
"I think you should look up now."
Sit looked up and jumped out of his seat; he ran onto the floor, “Damn it!”
Last edited by Fresh8 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame