A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:22 am

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:Sorry, those comments are not capable of being defamatory as they would not subject you to any ridicule or cause you to be shunned by others. :) Therefore, your points are very weak and all this nonsense can stop now. Furthermore, if you must try to rely upon an argument that my statements were damaging to you in any way, you are a long shot from arguing that there was any other element like recklessness, malice or the like in those 'lies' that would render it 'bad' enough to be considered defamatory.

If you insist on arguing that they are defamatory in any way, shape or form, I must remind you that my comments are that of an honest opinion.

I cbf putting my pov across, man, is this what every law student/graduate are capable of? :lol: (Y) (Y)

don't take it personal if you did so, cause i am merely having a fun poke at you, like you did/do towards me :wink:

I didn't take it personally. I get to flaunt what I've got. :P FYI, I have just come off a semester of defamation law.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Martti. on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:23 am

Sit wrote:Sorry, those comments are not capable of being defamatory as they would not subject you to any ridicule or cause you to be shunned by others. :) Therefore, your points are very weak and all this nonsense can stop now. Furthermore, if you must try to rely upon an argument that my statements were damaging to you in any way, you are a long shot from arguing that there was any other element like recklessness, malice or the like in those 'lies' that would render it 'bad' enough to be considered defamatory.

If you insist on arguing that they are defamatory in any way, shape or form, I must remind you that my comments are that of an honest opinion.

Boom, lawyered.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:50 am

Martti. wrote:

Boom, lawyered.

FYI, i simply cbf drafting up a response :lol:

oh btw, why will AI miss the opener?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:04 am

Valor wrote:oh btw, why will AI miss the opener?

It's somewhere in the last few pages. Can't remember what injury...
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Articles

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:46 am

September 1, 2013
Team Rankings: 30-21
By Willard Smith

In anticipation of the 2013-14 season, I will attempt to rank all 30 NBA teams from 30 to 1.

First up we have the league’s cellar dwellers or doormats.

30. Charlotte Bobcats (Last season: 27-55)

A team in the dumps after losing their two best players. Mark Moore was traded in the middle of last season while Gerald Wallace left the team in free agency for greener pastures in Florida. Devin Harris is still around and the Bobcats just drafted swingman Julian Dare, which could be a solid starting backcourt for the Cats but the rest of the squad lacks depth. It’s hard to see Charlotte getting off the ground with no real star player unless Harris surprises everyone and ‘blossoms’ into an All-Star. One player to keep an eye on is Shaun Skinner – sources have stated that he has enlisted some help from NBA legend Patrick Ewing in the lead up to this next season.

Starting Five: Shaun Skinner | Shawn Marion | Stan Erickson | Julian Martin | Devin Harris
Key Reserves: Marc Oliver | Samuel Dalembert | Peja Stojakovic
Potential All-Stars: None

-----

29. Denver Nuggets (Last season: 35-47)

The Nuggets are back in dark times reminiscent of the early 2000s pre-Carmelo Anthony. Denver has no depth and their best player is Chris Kaman – an All-Star only thanks to the lack of depth at his position across the league. Their second best player is Mario Chalmers who has discovered in brutal manner that being ‘the man’ isn’t all that. Tracy McGrady proved that he could still score after a one year layoff from back injury but all of the wear and tear has caught up with his body and he is only half the player he used to be. The Nuggets are going to struggle next season and look out for some deals by midseason as the team has reached a crossroads of sorts – do they trade for talent or do they trade for expiring contracts/draft picks?

Starting Five: Chris Kaman | Zach Randolph | Linas Kleiza | Tracy McGrady | Mario Chalmers
Key Reserves: Spencer Hawes | Frederick Lampley | Stephon Marbury
Potential All-Stars: Kaman

-----

28. Detroit Pistons (Last season: 35-47)

It’s not hard to fathom the high probability that Rip Hamilton is going to demand a trade to a contender soon as the Pistons are not going to be competing for even postseason position for years to come. The problem with a Hamilton deal is that he only has a player option and if not exercised, the team would be free of his 13 million that he earns. The team splurged on free agents a year early who have not performed to expectation and priced themselves out of the just passed free agency period. Think of what Detroit would be like if they had waited for the likes of Reshawn Tyson, Martti Must or even Mark Moore to become free agents? Instead the Pistons are now going to have a very grim outlook as they struggle on the shoulders of their overpriced players. Brook Lopez has hardly been the player they expected him to be while Kirk Hinrich was one of the worst signing in league history; a solid starter for the price of an All-Star.

Starting Five: Brook Lopez | Jason Maxiell | Jeff Green | Rip Hamilton | Kirk Hinrich
Key Reserves: Thaddeus Young | Luther Head | Sam Slater | Jamaal Magloire

-----

27. Washington Wizards (Last season: 35-47)

So much for seasons of dominance and brilliance from the nation’s capital! Prized signing Lamarcus Aldridge was supposed to usher in a new era for the Wizards in 2010 but a few seasons on and Washington has looked as average as any other lowly Eastern Conference team. Since then, they have also lost key players in Caron Butler, Antawn Jamison and Deshawn Stevenson over the past two seasons. Aldridge has never lived up to the hype as he looked like he was on the verge of All-Star status. Gilbert Arenas’ best years may have been wasted while young Klemen Pirc has never looked as impressive as he is for his home country on the international stage. With Pirc resigning and and Elton Brand signing on, the Wizards do have a shot at making the playoffs but the logic for me is that if they weren’t able to do that with their ‘super team’ – how can we expect this current edition to accomplish that?

Starting Five: Lamarcus Aldridge | Elton Brand | Al Thornton | Gilbert Arenas | Klemen Pirc
Key Reserves: DJ Augustin | Jason Terry | Junior Cardinal | Don Elliot
Potential All-Stars: Arenas, Aldridge

-----

26. Houston Rockets (Last season: 32-50)

The Rockets are still reeling from the announcement by Andrew Watson that he would renege on a deal with Houston and jump over to Texan rival Dallas. That was the bad part about this team’s offseason but putting that news aside, the Rockets did actually pick up two good young players in the NBA Draft. Christian Oliver and Lucius Santos are two of the most NBA-ready rookies of the past draft and together with last year’s number 2 overall pick Ifeayi Ndiaye; the trio could help to give pillar Yao Ming some reprieve from the bottom of the NBA standings. Oliver and Ndiaye may give the Rockets a logjam at their PG spot but do not be surprised if they play the ultra-quick Ndiaye as the starting 2-guard. If all of the young Houston players play beyond their years of experience, the Rockets are my selection to make a surprising push for the playoffs.

Starting Five: Yao Ming | Tyus Thomas| Danilo Gallinari | Ifeayi Ndiaye | Christian Oliver
Key Reserves: Nene | Lucius Santos | Juan Dixon | Shane Battier | Boris Diaw
Potential All-Stars: Yao

-----

25. New York Knicks (Last season: 39-43)

They still have hopes to trade for Reshawn Tyson but in the meantime, let’s focus on what the Knicks have right now. Travis Ward is still developing into a dependable player on both ends of the floor. Ward is actually improving into a better player than his fellow draftee and rookie of the year Ricky Rubio. Remember back then when people were saying the Knicks got a the consolation prize after losing the Rubio sweepstakes? Well, turns out that Ward might be the real franchise player while Rubio is looking little more than a bit player in Indiana. Ward is surrounded by some talented role players Odom (rebounding), Artest (defence), Young (shooting), Telfair (ball handling) and Scola (hustle). Unfortunately, this is not enough talent to get the Knicks anywhere near the first round of the postseason. A Tyson trade probably won’t help at all.

Starting Five: Travis Ward | Lamar Odom | Ron Artest | Nick Young | Sebastian Telfair
Key Reserves: Luis Scola | Igor Chugainov | Marresse Speights | Kosta Koufos
Potential All-Stars: Ward

-----

24. Indiana Pacers (Last season: 33-49)

Speaking of Rubio and the Pacers, they come in one place ahead of New York. Rubio still has not figured out how to shoot the basketball. He is a solid assists man averaging 9 a game but many expected the razzle dazzle Spaniard to add more of a scoring punch as well. Danny Granger has been as solid as ever while Albano Spagnoletti looks set to take over the starting shooting guard spot ahead of Brandon Rush. The Pacers have talent and cohesion on paper but have not performed in the past two seasons. Improvement does not look likely although this team’s frontcourt rotation of Marc Gasol, Leo Chase and rookie Oleksandr Kolomak is definitely one to watch. Gasol might be moved to PF to accommodate Kolomak and that would mean a trade for the troublesome Chase who has all the skills and abilities to be a league leading rebounder.

Starting Five: Marc Gasol | Leo Chase | Danny Granger | Albano Spagnoletti | Ricky Rubio
Key Reserves: Brandon Rush | Randy Foye | Mike Dunleavy | Steve Francis
Potential All-Stars: Granger

-----

23. Chicago Bulls (Last season: 38-44)

Bulls fans everywhere are hoping that this is the season that Chicago will make the playoffs again after last season’s last-season gaffe. Roy Harmon is a solid starting centre and it will be key that he and young Eric Smith combine to five Derrick Rose the support he needs on both ends of the floor. Stephen Jackson may be a head case but he will bring valuable experience and swag to this team in the place of Luol Deng. Derrick Rose (16 ppg) needs to play like he is this team’s best player but something seems to be holding him back. If he does then write him down as a ‘potential All-Star’. The Bulls do need better a swingman than Josh Howard and Jackson. Keep your eye out for a trade that might net them one. Once they do get one, the extra space created by a credible scoring threat would mean more opportunities for Rose.

Starting Five: Roy Harmon | Eric Smith | Josh Howard | Stephen Jackson| Derrick Rose
Key Reserves: Harvey Morrison | Roy Hibbert | Thabo Sefolosha | Jamal Crawford

-----

22. San Antonio Spurs (Last season: 34-48)

Tiago Spliiter would have really helped this team make a playoff push but luck has not been on the Spurs’ side for a few years now. We need to wait another year for the brilliant Brazilian to play in the big league. That’s another year wiped off from Tim Duncan’s slate. Duncan and Parker will both make timid pushes for All-Star selection but the team is still going to struggle. Marvin Williams can score points but hardly is the go-to-guy that will score important ones down the stretch. Number 3 pick Christian Bullard looks unlikely to contribute in his first year after a poor showing at Summer League for the team. Marco Belinelli was the lone bright spot of Spurs free agency; the Italian will be Manu-lite for the Spurs who have missed the Argentinean ever since trading him to the Hawks (oh – and watching him lead the Hawks to a title).

Starting Five: Aaron Gray | Tim Duncan | Marvin Williams |Marco Belinelli | Tony Parker
Key Reserves: Christian Bullard | Chris Duhon | Sean Williams | James Posey | Chris Duhon
Potential All-Stars: Parker, Duncan

-----

21. Boston Celtics (Last season: 32-50)

The Celtics didn’t get any better with the signing and drafting of two point guards. Rookie Florian Ruf is not going to be an NBA 2-guard and will be a third stringer behind one of the leading assists players in Zoilo Resurreccion. Zoilo will be backup to Rajon Rondo. The logjam continues into the perimeter positions with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen still playing at a high level and backed up by Sixth Man of the Year candidate Gerald Green and the underrated Bradley Emerson. While Boston has a World-class backcourt, their frontcourt is lacking. Garnett can still ball but he is nearly about to retire. Boston has struggled to replace the forwards and centers who keep leaving and the end result is Josh Boone starting at centre. They should have drafted or signed a big man. They’re going to regret it in 6 months time.

Starting Five: Josh Boone | Kevin Garnett | Paul Pierce | Ray Allen | Rajon Rondo
Key Reserves: Gerald Green | Zoilo Resurreccion | Bradley Emerson | Florian Ruf
Potential All-Stars: Garnett, Pierce, Allen
Last edited by Fresh8 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - BDL: Team Rankings 30-21

Postby Lamrock on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:53 am

Dear God. Those Bobcats are horrible! Haven't posted here in a bit, but you know I've been reading. Keep it up. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby dare on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:57 am

Jordan better make a move this season or else even Harris could leave the team.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby The X on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Nice update. I think Rockets will end up better than their current position.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Houndy on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Nice updates, those Bobcats sure suck
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby puttincomputers on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:21 pm

Woot! at least the twolves are not projected to be bottom feeders.
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby The X on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:24 pm

I wonder where Mavs will end up. I'm predicting top 10 but not top 5.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby |)e8* on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:00 pm

DAmn, i wish i could start
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Thanks guys. I hope that the short summaries are good to read and you guys get a feel for what each team offers.
Fresh8

Postby Mandich on Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Wow , Charlotte really sucks , I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get 20 wins this year
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby George7 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:50 pm

As it seems Knicks are one of the :turrible: teams.
And with Telfair as a starter and with no other notable reserve ,i might find as well some playing time!
George7

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Have you even read how awesome Bassy is? You get negative points for disrespecting him!
Fresh8

Postby George7 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:31 pm

He may be awesome,but he can't do it all on his own without a good reserve :wink: !
George7

Postby Houndy on Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:44 pm

Bassy > Undrafted guy
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Articles

Postby Valor on Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:33 am

Sit wrote:23. Chicago Bulls (Last season: 38-44)
Derrick Rose

Eh...(N) :facepalm2:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:35 am

Nice to see me making the jump to the starting lineup, and to see The Franchise on the squad! :applaud:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:50 am

Some really bad teams at the bottom. I like this article. It's quite informative and gives a good review of the league.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:11 am

Well, you asked for it so I got to make it good. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Um, bad news for Justine Crewhead. I checked the Cavs roster and you have magically disappeared... :S

Therefore, will need to write an article about your character soon.

If you want to resubmit an NLSCer player with different name and skills, PM me man.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Yo Justine. !!!

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Waived! :lol:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Yo Justine. !!!

Postby Justine. on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:00 pm

Ow. WTF happened there :lol: A bug? Probably shadow is correct? I'll send another application later. Will I be on the same team though?
Justine.
Novakaine!

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame