A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Tyson + Chapter 22

Postby Valor on Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Sit wrote:Mark Cuban... no.

Looking forward to the Jao Wu article. I'm hoping you can create the Wu Bandwagon. :) Much like those guys who loved Darko.

Well, for one I had always liked Jao Wu, hope Iverson takes him under his wing this season and really develop him (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:33 pm

Valor wrote:

Looking forward to the Jao Wu article. I'm hoping you can create the Wu Bandwagon. :) Much like those guys who loved Darko.

Well, for one I had always liked Jao Wu, hope Iverson takes him under his wing this season and really develop him (Y)

Iverson is a bad man. He would never do that!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Valor on Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:

Iverson is a bad man. He would never do that!

Only 'cause you made him out to be one :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby puttincomputers on Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:37 pm

Phil Jackson?
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Lamrock on Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:07 pm

Let's see... Al Harrington? (would make no sense); Eddie Griffin's corpse? (he's like Monta in mine and just faked his own death?!) Kevin McHale? (Too obscure for being worth 5 points, and I doubt he can afford the Stealth) Clay Bennett? (What beef would he have with you?) Hu Jintao? (for not playing Jao Wu enough) Kevin Durant? (he doesn't literally own the team... yet)

Okay, I'm gonna go with McFail. :P
Lamrock

Postby hova- on Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:47 pm

Decent chapter. I'm looking forward to the upcoming decisions though. Good to see that you did not go to NYC, although it would have been interesting, especially in a D with such a story line.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mandich on Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:43 pm

I pretty sure it's James Dolan, don't see any sense if it isn't him.
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Martti. on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:13 pm

Jerry West? Magic? Worthy? (Going with your Lakers love)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:29 pm

puttincomputers wrote:Phil Jackson?

No.

Lamrock wrote:Let's see... Al Harrington? (would make no sense); Eddie Griffin's corpse? (he's like Monta in mine and just faked his own death?!) Kevin McHale? (Too obscure for being worth 5 points, and I doubt he can afford the Stealth) Clay Bennett? (What beef would he have with you?) Hu Jintao? (for not playing Jao Wu enough) Kevin Durant? (he doesn't literally own the team... yet)

Okay, I'm gonna go with McFail. :P

No, no, no, no, no... and McFAIL it is. haha

hova- wrote:Decent chapter. I'm looking forward to the upcoming decisions though. Good to see that you did not go to NYC, although it would have been interesting, especially in a D with such a story line.

I owe it to you to win a ring in Seattle man.

mandich wrote:I pretty sure it's James Dolan, don't see any sense if it isn't him.

Nope.

Martti. wrote:Jerry West? Magic? Worthy? (Going with your Lakers love)

Bingo!

No points for Martti though because he named 3 guys. So that's cheating.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:30 pm

Chapter 23

“Jason, do you think it is the right choice to prolong your career? Are you physically going to able to play another season?”
Kidd leaned forward and tapped the microphone to make sure it was on.
“If I wasn’t going to be able to play, I wouldn’t be back. I don’t want this team taking a step backwards so I always made sure I felt confident enough to play a big part in this team,” Kidd answered.
“Jason, are you going to take a bench role so that Aaron Karl can start?”
Kidd chuckled, “I’m going to gun for that starting spot. It’s up to Coach to decide if he’s going to start me or not. But I’m going to aim to start.”
“Sit isn’t the coach anymore. Don’t you think Coach Karl wants to go a different direction?”
Kidd replied, “I’m not Coach Karl. All I know is that we are aiming to win a title. Whatever Coach thinks is right will be what is right for the team. If that means that I am coming off the bench, I will have to take it won’t I?”
The next question was directed to Adam Morrison before the focus shifted to Iverson.
“Adam, what do you think you can bring to this team? How’s it feel to come back to Seattle?”
Morrison was a shy guy and was wearing a cap for the press conference. He pulled it up so that everyone could see his face properly.
“I’m just here to play my role. I can’t wait to get out there and work hard. This is the best team I’ve played for in my life. We have a lot of talent,” he said.
“Allen, how do you feel about your body at this stage of your career?”
“Y’know, it’s the same as Jason man. I’m a lil banged up but y’know I’ma fighter and I’ma keep playing until I can’t no more and y’know, that’s what I’m about yo.”
“Allen, you’ve only been to the NBA Finals once in your career. You had a lot of lucrative offers from other NBA teams. Was the allure of another NBA Finals the main reason for staying with Seattle? And what’s all the attention from other teams during free agency mean to you?”
“I’m a winner y’know and uh, I want to win. I think I can play a big part for Seattle y’know. I’m not washed up yo. I still got a few years in me.”
“And the attention from all the teams?”
“They all know the truth. I can still play at an All-Star level,” Iverson boasted.
The attention now shifted to Sit, “Mr Sit, please walk through this offseason so far. How would you rate it?”
Iverson sat back in his seat as Sit began to speak, “It has been a rewarding offseason. I got three draft picks who haven’t said anything today but I am thinking they will get contracts after Summer League. They are good prospects for us.”
Sit pointed down to the opposite end of the table and his three prospects waved to the cameras.
Sit continued, “Trading for Adam was a strong move for us. Trevor didn’t feel like he belonged in Seattle anymore so we had to give him up. We do lose athleticism and defence but in Adam, we get another shooter.”
Sit paused and then said, “Allen and Jason are leaders to our young players. I know that in my time as head coach, I wouldn’t have done such a good job had it not been for Jason. He was the guy who really helped me the most on and off the court. Allen and I have had our bad times but I really feel like we had a lot of positives towards the end of the postseason. I’m sure that Coach Karl and he will work together ten times better than we did.”
Sit nodded at Iverson who nodded back.
“I would say that we have built a strong foundation and to keep that foundation together as well as bringing in some young guys is always going to be a positive result,” Sit concluded, “There wasn’t much we could have done to improve this team so I am happy we’ve kept most the squad from last season intact. I think we are going to have a very interesting season.”
“Coach Sit, what about the rumours of you going to New York.”
The room was silent and Sit finished his glass of water before replying, “No comment.”
It was at that point when the doors to the gym swung open. The most senior board member shuffled in. A few seconds later, everyone in the room was on their feet.

Magic Johnson flashed his trademark grin as he made his way to the interview podium. Sit stood up to join the standing ovation as did the rest of the interviewees. The board member took his seat at the far left of the table. Magic hopped onto the stage and shook hands with Sit.
Sit was a little star-struck, “Magic Johnson..”
Magic nodded, “I’m a big fan of yours Mr Sit.”
Sit was a Lakers fan but never really a Magic one. Regardless of this, he still knew basketball royalty when it appeared in front of him and being in the presence of one of the greatest ever sent shivers down his spine. Magic took his seat in between Sit and the board member who was now on his feet. In the midst of all of this, the reporters gathered ahead of them were applauding. As the clapping died down, the senior board member began to announce the good news.
“It is my pleasure to announce that the Seattle Stealth Board has decided to sell the Stealth to Hall of Famer Magic Johnson,” he said.
The applauding began again.
“We feel that it is the right time to move on and hand the team over to the capable hands of Magic,” he stated, “We believe that Seattle basketball is in a great position right now and our job here has been done.”
The applaud for that statement was the loudest all day. It was the longest as well. Sit was beaming; he knew he had made the right choice to stay in Seattle.

“I’m a huge fan of yours,” Magic praised Sit, “You do a splendid job as GM and Coach.”
Sit thanked him and said, “It will be an honour to work for you sir.”
Magic laughed, “Don’t call me that. Just call me Magic.”
“Sure,” Sit stated.
“I’m here to win. I’m here to help you win,” Magic briefed him, “Whatever I can do to help, just ask me. I have a lot of faith in you Sit. Coach Karl will do a great job on the sidelines, I think you being in the front office is better for the franchise.”
Sit raised his glass and Magic toasted it.
Magic continued with detailing his liking of the team, “Kevin Durant is a fine player. I think that it is important we get the most out of him. Jason and I are good friends and I want him to finish his career with a title. It would be a shame if he didn’t. So - what’s our latest move?”
Sit looked around and then revealed to him, “I’m working hard on getting Ty back here.”
“Reshawn Tyson?” Magic asked to clarify.
“Yeah.”
“Chuck told me he was his,” Magic laughed.
“Well, maybe you can help me change Ty’s mind?” Sit pleaded with him.
Magic flipped out his phone, “I don’t know...”
“I’m desperate. We’re not going to win if Iverson is starting at the two.”
“How much longer do we have?” Magic asked.
Sit replied, “Not long.”
“Let’s set up that last recruiting pitch.”
“Agreed,” Sit exclaimed.

Ty was in his high school gym. He wanted to hold the announcement where he started it all. His high school was where he created a lot of buzz about his raw offensive game, which was premised on his freak athleticism. That was where he played well enough to be recruited by North Carolina. It was also where he spent his summers preparing for upcoming NBA seasons. Ty had recently poured in money to help his local community as well. It only made sense to do it there.
Ty’s agent was doing up his tie and walked over to ask his client, “Are you sure about this? You’re walking away from a lot if you go through with it.”
Ty looked around the surroundings, “I think this is the right move. I think I need this more than anyone else.”
His agent patted him on the shoulder, “Good luck with it then.”
Ty gave him the thumbs up and turned to make sure his suit looked right. He looked in the mirror and thought to himself: This is it. Come on Ty. This is it! Ty heard the chit chatter from those in attendance. There was a respectable number of journalists waiting to interview him.
“Ladies and gentlemen,” Ty’s agent shouted out to the media pack, “Reshawn Tyson will be answering your questions soon so please be patient.”
The agent’s assistant found Ty and tapped him on the side of his arm, “You got to go an take your seat.”
Ty nodded and walked up to where he was meant to address the media. A table and seat were set up in front of some ESPN boards. Ty took his seat. He looked around and spotted Woody Hannes. Hannes gave him a two finger salute and Ty clenched his right fist and held it up for a few seconds to acknowledge him.
“How hard was this decision?” someone began the questioning.
Ty paused for a moment and replied, “It was a tough choice. I’m not going to lie to you. It took me a long time to decide what was right for me personally as well as what was right for me from a basketball standpoint.”
“How did you make your decision?”
“Winning is a constant goal for me. Winning a title was a big factor for me to consider but I also had to take into account where I felt comfortable playing and who I felt comfortable playing with.”
“Were you disappointed that the Magic withdrew their offer to you?”
Ty laughed, “That’s business. Money isn’t everything and I did consider Orlando’s offer. I just don’t think I would have been the best fit there. Gerald Wallace is going to be good for them. I do wish them the best.”
“How do you think you will be seen from this season on?”
“I’m sure this won’t affect me in any way. As I said before, I want to be known as a winner and a hard worker. I’m ready for any challenges thrown at me,” Ty said.
“What are your goals for this upcoming season?”
Ty thought the question was fair enough and wanted to sound confident in his reply, “I’m going to work hard on being the best player I can be. I want the team to make the playoffs and to make a run to win it all.”
“Do you think this is the right decision for you on a personal level?”
Ty was nodding, “It was a tough decision to make but I do think this was the right choice.”
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 23: Got the Magic in me

Postby Mandich on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:50 pm

Did Tyson stay or what ? :D
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby George7 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:55 pm

Magic! Hopefully he will be a reason for Ty to stay on Seattle!Great story again Sit. (Y)
George7

Postby Martti. on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:02 pm

Hahaa, that's fair, West would have been my first guess anyways. :P

I hope Magic helped to make the final pitch to Ty on time to convince him to stay.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby hova- on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:17 pm

Okay, I guess you kept Ty, got Magic into it, Kidd back to business and some decent acquisitions in AMO and AI. If you can't win it this season, this team will never win it.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Thanks for the comments guys. The title of the thread 'Got the Magic in me' is supposed to have a double meaning. :)
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:13 pm

Ty went to Orlando?
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby hova- on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:20 pm

He did not, because the Magic withdrew their offer.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:24 pm

Hova is too sharp. (N)
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:41 am

Ty took his talents to the Grand Canyon, and is now hated by all of Seattle
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Valor on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:28 am

Great to see Magic in the story, but.......DAMN MAN! You made my boy sound like LeAsshole James (N) (N) (N) (N) (N) (N)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Alpha_ on Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:55 am

I got the Magic in me! LOL. Ty should stay.
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:00 am

I would have liked Ty in New York, if you know what I mean :wink: But much better if he stays with the Stealth.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:02 am

Can't you match any offer that any other team extends to him, since he's an RFA?
Lamrock

Postby Martti. on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:25 am

I know that Orlando withdrew it's offer, but maybe they changed it or smtg. Just going with 'Magic'. :P
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:49 am

Ty is sleeping with Magic! AIDS nooo!!!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame