A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Trimester Recap 2 + 1 fixed!

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:31 pm

Mark. wrote:Man my numbers aint bad. Yeah would be good to have a Kiwi connection in NOLA, might as well sign Sean Marks as an assistant coach as well!

Your numbers went down since you went to Nawlins. :P
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby The X on Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:54 pm

Make it happen. I'm happy to play a 6th man role behind Mark & Chris Paul. Imagine the 3 of us, what a potent guard combo. We just need somebody to guard the big 2's :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:18 pm

I wish I could make it happen but we will see where you guys sign. I don't even think Mark will stay with the Hornets!
Fresh8

Postby TheMC5 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:40 am

Just had to throw my hat in amongst your throng of admirers, Sit. I'm slowly catching up on the story, but so far I'm really impressed with your dedication and thoroughness. Good on ya.
TheMC5

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks TheMC5. =]

You've been MIA for a long time yes?
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:59 am

Second Trimester Recap – League Standings and Leaders

League Standings

League Leaders

League News

Blazers’ Playoff Chances Hampered By Injury

March 1 2013, PORTLAND – Portland is limping into the final weeks of the regular season with two starters sidelined with injuries. Leading scorer Ben Gordon is out for up to 4 weeks with a strained hamstring. Greg Oden is soon to return after dislocating his finger but there are concerns about his health regarding his left knee.

“This is obviously not a situation that we would prefer,” Head Coach Nate McMillan said, “And we don’t have a roster that is as deep as in recent years. Brandon (Roy) and Carlos (Boozer) have a big job ahead of them (to get us to post-season play).” Gordon is averaging 22 ppg while Oden is having a career year with 13.2 ppg and 8.2 rpg.

Read More…

Andrew Bynum Hurt

March 1 2013, LOS ANGELES – Lakers C Andrew Bynum will miss the rest of the regular season with a broken wrist. He is in a race against time to be ready for the playoffs; if the Lakers make it that far. The 31-29 Lakers will be hoping to make the postseason despite missing their starting big man who produces 13.4 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 2.0 bpg.

Read More…

Coby Clark Leaning Towards NBA Draft

March 1 2013, KENTUCKY – 19 year old Kentucky star Coby Clark is leaning towards declaring for the NBA after his freshman year with the Wildcats. Clark is 7’1”, 282 lbs, strong, smart but raw. Many scouts believe he has a lot of potential to be an All-Star centre one day.

Despite the lack of success from big men taken high in the Draft in recent years (barring the exception of Milwaukee Bucks star Jay Gray), it is expected that Clark would be a surefire number 1 draft pick if he enters the 2013 NBA Draft. Clark is averaging 19.2 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 1.4 bpg for the Wildcats, who have won 31 games this season.

Read More…

Sixers Suddenly At Top Of East

March 1 2013, PHILADELPHIA – A collective and maintained effort to play tough defense has rewarded the Philadelphia 76ers with their best season of past years. The team has always battled to steal a lower seeding for the postseason but it seems that the vision of their front office has finally been rewarded as Philly has managed to stay neck and neck with the class of their conference.

Led by MVP and Defensive Player of the Year candidate Andre Iguodala (21.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 4.5 apg, 2.2 spg), the Sixers are planning to get back to the Eastern Conference Finals. “It’s definitely a goal of ours to get to the East Finals,” veteran swingman Vince Carter states, “I would love to have one more shot at a ring with these guys here.” The slow half-court offence initiated by Mo Cheeks has suited this ball club well but their calling is on the defensive end where Iggy, Carter, Zoilo Resurreccion, Byron Brock, Elton Brand and Corey Brewer excel.

Read More…

Awards

R2MVP: February 2013 Edition

March 1, 2013 NBA.comMoses Chara stays on top of the rankings despite his on and off form. The Kings superstar has blamed an arm injury for his poor shooting form as well as for his inability to win the All-Star Game for the West in front of his home crowd. These rankings also allow us to introduce a new number 2 in Kevin Durant!

1. Moses Chara, SF, Sacramento Kings (26.4 ppg, 9.4 rpg, 9.2 apg, 2.1 spg) - He’s nearly averaging a triple double. And he plays for the best team in the league. There’s not too many chinks in Chara’s armor these days. He has been a model team mate and citizen in Sacramento, helping All-Star C Al Jefferson fit in seamlessly.

2. Kevin Durant, SF, Seattle Stealth (28.1 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 2.7 apg, 1.7 spg, 1.8 bpg) - After years of carrying Seattle, his supporting cast finally gets it. To be frank, the Stealth have three guys who could be on this list but it is undoubtedly certain (and Durant likes to remind us) that this is Kevin’s team baby! The leading scorer for the past *I’ve lost count* seasons; Durant is the best attacking player in the game. Seattle are contenders.

3. Andre Iguodala, SG, Philadelphia 76ers (21.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 4.5 apg, 2.2 spg) - All-World player on both ends of the floor. We all know he can score but let me show you some numbers to support his defensive brilliance. Jason Terry: 4-12; Paul Pierce: 6-18; Brandon Roy: 9-21; Rip Hamilton: 5-21; Reshawn Tyson: 3-18. Do you see the trend? Oh, all of these resulted in wins as well.

4. Chris Paul, PG, New Orleans Hornets (23.6 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 9.1 apg, 2.1 spg) - The competitive streak in Paul is back after the midseason acquisition of talented Mark Moore from the Charlotte Bobcats. The Hornets are flying under the radar and everyone keeps forgetting that Paul has one more ring than Chara and James.

5. LeBron James, SF, Cleveland Cavaliers (26.4 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 6.7 apg, 1.9 spg, 1.0 bpg) - The All-Star Game MVP seems to be cruising. He’s capable of two things; bumping up his numbers and bumping up his team’s numbers in the ‘W’ column. He’s not doing either and that’s why he’s not challenging Chara for MVP.

Read More…

Rookie Rankings

March 1, 2013 NBA.com

1. Liam Washburn, SF, Milwaukee Bucks (15.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 0.4 apg) - L-Train has dropped 130 long range bombs in 62 games. That’s 2 a night. And that’s on track to beat Rudy Fernandez’s NBA-best mark of 159 for a rookie. Washburn is showing all the grit and determination that he’s displayed since coming back from a horrific car accident in college – he’s playing hurt with a dislocated finger; ‘Black Mamba style’ as he likes to call it.

2. Janis Kalnins, C, Minnesota Timberwolves (8.2 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 2.6 apg) - Kalnins has impressive range for a big man as he’s hit 43 three pointers in 59 games. That’s just the reason why the Wolves traded away Al Jefferson to make minutes and touches for their European rookie. He will have to find ways to grab rebounds though if he wants to be a truly effective player.

3. Albano Spagnoletti, SG, Indiana Pacers (11.5 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 4.0 apg) - The sixth man’s interest has waned over the season and the pacers are hating his ineffective production. He is shooting .400 from the field and .200 from behind the arc. Indiana thought they had a steal but the high flying Argentine might be more of a team cancer than anything else. His teammates are calling him ‘Showboat Spaghetti’ for his poor shot selection and unpredictable nature.

4. Darnell Love, PF, Phoenix Suns (7.8 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.0 bpg) - Love is learning to play the hard way and is really turning a lot of heads in Phoenix. The 19 year old has drawn a lot of rave reviews from teammates and coaches. After the Leo Chase spectacle, the Suns finally have their athletic forward minus the headaches.

5. Eric Smith, PF, Chicago Bulls (10.5 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.5 apg) - The Bulls reserve has to find better ways to score as he is shooting just .405 from the field. To average double digits from off the bench is no easy feat but all it proves is that Smith is a black hole. He will gobble up every pass and try to score. There was an embarrassing play recently where he intercepted a pass meant for Derrick Rose – only to shoot an air ball.

Read More…

Other Awards Favorites

Defensive Player of the Year:

1. Dwight Howard, PF, Orlando Magic (17.4 ppg, 11.8 rpg, 1.0 spg, 3.2 bpg)
2. Jay Gray, PF, Milwaukee Bucks (20.8 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.6 spg, 1.0 bpg)
3. Michael Beasley, PF, Miami Heat (20.4 ppg, 10.5 rpg, 1.1 spg, 2.3 bpg)

Sixth Man of the Year:

1. Gerald Green, SF/SG, Boston Celtics (17 ppg, 5 rpg, 3.3 apg)
2. Jerryd Bayless, PG, Dallas Mavericks (14.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 3.0 apg)
3. Gerald Wallace, SF, Charlotte Bobcats (15.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 1.7 apg, 1.5 spg, 1.1 bpg)

Most Improved Player:

1. Brook Lopez, C, Detroit Pistons (8 ppg, 8 rpg)
2. JJ Hickson, C/PF, Cleveland Cavaliers (9,2 ppg, 5.5 rpg)
3. Daequan Cook, SG, Milwaukee Bucks (12.5 ppg)

Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - League Standings and other goodie

Postby Lamrock on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:07 pm

Half game out of the division title, and draining the threes. :headbang: The takeover has begun.
Lamrock

Postby Houndy on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Won't last long Lamrock, when Willie Lewis comes into the NBA say bye-bye to your records :P
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Lamrock wrote:Half game out of the division title, and draining the threes. :headbang: The takeover has begun.

I'm very surpirsed with how well you've been playing. :P

BTW, Seattle visited Milwaukee recently.

Houndy66 wrote:Won't last long Lamrock, when Willie Lewis comes into the NBA say bye-bye to your records :P

We will see about that. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:25 pm

Sit wrote:BTW, Seattle visited Milwaukee recently.

And they returned home broken.
Lamrock

Postby Houndy on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:35 pm

Watch L-Train cry when he faces me.... I hope :cheeky:
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:51 pm

Lamrock wrote:
Sit wrote:BTW, Seattle visited Milwaukee recently.

And they returned home broken.

You will find out in 2 updates.

Houndy66 wrote:Watch L-Train cry when he faces me.... I hope :cheeky:

If you can get minutes :P
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:19 pm

:? My Mavs are 9th in the West only with a .500 record?! :shock:

They need to start me, right now :cool:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:20 pm

Valor wrote::? My Mavs are 9th in the West only with a .500 record?! :shock:

They need to start me, right now :cool:

The West is very deep this year.
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:55 pm

6th seed in the West is OK, but we could do better. Sucks I've dropped out of the MVP race, but league leader in rebounding and third in PER is pretty good. :)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby newc on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:30 pm

with me at the starting C spot, wolves should easily get to playoffs :D
newc

Postby dare on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:32 pm

What is happening to the Lakers man, shake their team up.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:28 pm

Martti. wrote:6th seed in the West is OK, but we could do better. Sucks I've dropped out of the MVP race, but league leader in rebounding and third in PER is pretty good. :)

Yeah man... I think you guys always do good in first half of season then stink it up. :P

newc wrote:with me at the starting C spot, wolves should easily get to playoffs :D

Is that so? :lol:

dare wrote:What is happening to the Lakers man, shake their team up.

Nah, they can do it themselves.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:03 pm

King James Helps Destroy Kings
Preview | Box Score | Recap | Highlights

CLEVELAND, Mar 6 (AP) – Lebron James was a man on a mission when Moses Chara and the Kings came to town. The self-proclaimed King James nearly had a triple double and helped his team to a blow out win against the visiting team. Rudy Gay led all scorers with 30 points as James added 22.

“King James just proved who the real king is,” James said after the game. Chara was playing with a bruised hip and was mainly ineffective against his MVP rival. He finished with 19 points on 6 for 20 shooting. Michael Redd led Sacramento with 20 points, 8 rebounds and 6 assists but admitted that he found it hard to create shots for himself, “I haven’t done it in so long. It’s coming back to me slowly.”

Read More…

Stealth Move Into Pole Position

SEATTLE, Mar 6 (AP) – Jason Kidd knew what his task was and he completed it with deadly proficiency. The numbers don’t jump out at you off the page; the 8 points, 9rebounds, 9 assists, 2 steals from the veteran don’t even tell half the story about the importance of the win that he led the Stealth to.

Seattle’s win against the woeful Bobcats put them 3 games ahead of the Sacramento Kings for the Western Conference lead, something that Kidd had been eyeing off since the tipoff. “I knew that we had a good shot to build a bit of a buffer. This was a big win for us,” Kidd explained, “We just got to keep it up. I really want home court for the whole playoffs. That’s if we want to compete for a title.”

Allen Iverson was terrible off the bench because of an injury but his team mates picked up the slack with Reshawn Tyson’s 31 points and Kevin Durant’s 20 points.

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Trimester Recap 3 + 2-Game Recap

Postby dare on Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:16 am

Chara being a humble person :lol: More updates man, maybe scouting reports? :P
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:40 pm

When was Chara being humble?

And more updates will come. As for scouting reports... maybe not since we don't have any lottery worthy NLSCers as of yet.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:40 pm

Seattle Reaches Seventh Win In A Row

MILWAUKEE, Mar 10 (AP) – Kevin Durant had 34 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Seattle Stealth to a seventh straight win in Milwaukee. Bucks fans were silenced after a fast flowing first half in which Seattle built up a healthy lead. “Brilliant win, just brilliant,” Head Coach Will Sit praised his side, “We’re a very deep team. We showed it tonight.”

The Stealth flexed their muscle as Reshawn Tyson added 26 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists and Andrew Bogut finished with 24 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 blocks. Allen Iverson chipped in with 19 from off the bench.

Jay Gray did the best he could with a haul of 26 points and 11 rebounds. The All-Star forward got little help from his team mates in the blowout loss to the visiting side. Gray put the blame on himself afterwards, “I’ve got to be more aggressive and I really have to lead my team better. Whenever we lose, it’s (the blame) on me.”

Read More…

Cavs Snap Stealth Streak

CLEVELAND, Mar 11 (AP) – The Cleveland Cavaliers continued their tour of duty with another win against a Western Conference powerhouse. Rudy Gay led the Cavs with 34 points and LeBron James finished with 26 points, 13 rebounds, 7 assists. “This proves that none of these pretenders are as good as us,” James boasted, “We beat the Kings and now we’ve beaten the Stealth. Bring them on in the finals.”

Kevin Durant was in a sour mood after the game and complained about the officiating. “It was biased. No doubt about that,” Durant said, “We got hacked, we got hit, the only thing those cheats didn’t do was tackle us.” Durant finished with 15 points on 5 for 16 shooting. Reshawn Tyson scored 17 points to lead Seattle, who had their 7 game win streak broken, was sporting a black eye after the game. He was hit by a stray elbow from Rudy Fernandez.

Head Coach Will Sit praised the Cavs for their physical play and warned that they would be tough opponents for his side in the playoffs, "Cleveland played well. Their physicality is something I want my guys to adopt. We're soft. If we want to realistically win it all, we've all got to toughen up a little bit."

Read More…
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:43 pm

1 loss in 8 games is not bad, but sucks that the streak ended.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Re: A Legend Is Born III - New 2-Game Recap

Postby Lamrock on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:45 pm

Nice streak. You and the Kings better hope Cleveland doesn't make the Finals though!
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:57 pm

Martti. wrote:1 loss in 8 games is not bad, but sucks that the streak ended.

yeah, one of the longest streaks I've ever had in the game. We'te improving. Right now, my defense is woeful...

Lamrock wrote:Nice streak. You and the Kings better hope Cleveland doesn't make the Finals though!

I love how the Cavs are killing me and the Kings. :P Adds more intrigue.

No mention on your Bucks? :P Or how L-Train fared
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame