A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 14: Drawing First Blood

Postby Valor on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:43 pm

Disappointing result, you should've won so Sheed needs to pay :shake:

On the whole, liked the story. Chara is as cocky as usual, love the quotes, but the ending was a little shaky - could've had more of a melodramatic ending to the chapter (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:53 pm

I'm guessing Westbrook dropped 25+ on you.

Tough break, but it's just 1 game. If you drop the second one as well, then I doubt AI and Kidd will get their ring.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Oskar on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:50 am

Haven't read this for a long time, but now read the last chapter, you already know how great of a writer you are and seriously, it's a pleasure to read that. Keep it up, hopefully you'll be able to tie the series with the next game.
Oskar

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Conference Finals Hype!

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:01 am

Sit wrote:As Hondo said, thats his thing (i.e. NBA --> PES --> NBA --> NBA --> giving up)... jokes Thierry - hope I don't hurt your feelings too bad. :lol:

Bro... it's good to laugh at yourself some times. I do it all the time. :lol:

Sucks to lose like that to the Kings... wanna see how Chara played...
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Eirsej on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:02 am

Win game 2 and sweep the series in Sacramento!
Eirsej

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:45 am

Tough loss. That Kings starting 5 sounds nearly impossible to stop. Here's hoping you can turn it around by winning the next two.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:56 am

De8 wrote:Damn! Good luck winning the next few games!

Thanks De8. We're going to need it. The Kings are tougher than the Blazers. Redd and Chara are lights out from beyond the arc. And Westbrook keeps dunking :lol:

hova- wrote:Oh boy ... you actually lost. Can't believe, looking forward to the recap.

Yep, the recap is coming. I hope you guys like the Chara soundbites from it. :)

Valor wrote:Disappointing result, you should've won so Sheed needs to pay :shake:

On the whole, liked the story. Chara is as cocky as usual, love the quotes, but the ending was a little shaky - could've had more of a melodramatic ending to the chapter (Y)

Thanks Valor (Y)

Martti. wrote:I'm guessing Westbrook dropped 25+ on you.

Tough break, but it's just 1 game. If you drop the second one as well, then I doubt AI and Kidd will get their ring.

You're close about Westbrook... cept a lot worse. He destroyed me.

And thanks for stating the obvious about Game 2 :P

Oskar wrote:Haven't read this for a long time, but now read the last chapter, you already know how great of a writer you are and seriously, it's a pleasure to read that. Keep it up, hopefully you'll be able to tie the series with the next game.

Thank you Oskar. Your player (Byron Brock) is up for free agency. If you're going to be in this thread more often, I will keep an eye out on where he's going. :)

Thierry • wrote:
Sit wrote:As Hondo said, thats his thing (i.e. NBA --> PES --> NBA --> NBA --> giving up)... jokes Thierry - hope I don't hurt your feelings too bad. :lol:

Bro... it's good to laugh at yourself some times. I do it all the time. :lol:

Sucks to lose like that to the Kings... wanna see how Chara played...

Chara was MVP-like.

Eirsej wrote:Win game 2 and sweep the series in Sacramento!

That's the plan. :wink:

Lamrock wrote:Tough loss. That Kings starting 5 sounds nearly impossible to stop. Here's hoping you can turn it around by winning the next two.

Funny thing is that Joe Alexander is the starting 4 man. Shaq has been relegated to bench status. The second unit consists of Shaq, can't remember which PF, Andres Nocioni, Stackhouse, ur boi Steve Blake.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Oskar on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:46 am

Sit wrote:Thank you Oskar. Your player (Byron Brock) is up for free agency. If you're going to be in this thread more often, I will keep an eye out on where he's going. :)

Heh, sure thing, I'll try to come by more often than previously, started my own dynasty again so that means I'll probably take more time to look at others' now too. :p
Oskar

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:19 am

Sounds good player :)
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:23 am

That sucks, losing to the Queens. I suggest you attack Westbrook, get him in foul trouble, and Moses won't have a hoe
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:34 am

I wish I could do that haha. I hope everyone hates Durant and Chara even more :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:08 am

Westbrook Makes Good On Promise, Kings Cruise In Game One
Game 1, Western Conference Finals, 2013 NBA playoffs: Sacramento Kings at Seattle Stealth 119-104 (Sacramento leads 1-0)
Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

MAY 16, SEATTLE (AP) – Russell Westbrook had given a warning to the Seattle Stealth and proceeded to romp to a double double of 21 points and a career playoff high 20 assists in Game 1 of the high anticipated Western Conference Finals rematch between Seattle and Sacramento. The Kings PG was unable to be slowed down by the Stealth as he ran circles around Jason Kidd and Allen Iverson.

Westbrooks’ MVP teammate Moses Chara was dominant as he picked up 31 points and 8 assists; missing just 3 shots for the night. Michael Redd gave Seattle headaches with his shooting touch as he scored 18 and big man Al Jefferson added 14 points and 9 rebounds.

Chara was, as always, colourful in his postgame interview. “Everyone seems to have forgotten who is the better team. I don’t appreciate how everyone has tried to write us off,” Chara stated, “We’re here for a series sweep and tonight was the first step. I didn’t even have to try hard to win this one either.”

The ill feelings from the two team’s last playoff series were still evident as it did not take long for Chara and Kevin Durant to get entangled. The pair were already shoving each other and talking trash 3 minutes into the game. After a Chara three pointer, the MVP yelled out at the Stealth bench. Durant stepped in between Chara and the bench and pushed him backwards. Chara grabbed Durant’s jersey at the neckline before both players were separated by teammates and officials.

“He’s too scared to fight me,” Chara boasted, “I just continued to do my thing and (expletive) them over.”

Durant was also talking tough in the locker room, “That joker (Chara) is lucky that I’m not stupid enough to (expletive) him up. If I got suspended, there wouldn’t be a team to make the NBA Finals.”

Durant led the Stealth with 26 points in the losing effort. He was joined by four other players in double digits but that was not enough to overturn the Kings’ multiple scoring runs. Sacramento came out gunning in the first quarter with a 13-4 run. The Stealth’s hopes were dealt a further blow with starting centre Andrew Bogut picking up two quick fouls at the beginning of the game.

The home side clawed their way back into the match and finished the first half trailing by just 4 points; at 55-51. At this stage, Durant had scored 22 points. Chara had 17 and Westbrook already had a double double (13 points, 10 assists).

The Kings looked even more impressive in the second half as they opened it with a 16-6 scoring run. A Shaquille O’Neal buzzer beater at the end of the third period helped to rub more salt into the Stealth’s wounds and pushed Sacramento ahead 93-76. It was that 38-25 third quarter that essentially won the Kings the game.

Head Coach Will Sit blamed his team’s layoff after sweeping the Golden State Warriors as the main reason for Seattle looking sluggish, “We were not the same team that we were when we swept Golden State. I think that we will be a lot more impressive in Game 2.” Sit was brief when asked about Westbrook’s performance, “Good job.”

Game 2 will be played tomorrow night.

Notes: Westbrook was traded away by Sit after his rookie season in Seattle. He is averaging 14 ppg, 6 apg, 4 rpg for the Kings this season… Durant and Chara were both fined by the league office for their post-game comments… The Stealth’s loyal fan base stayed until the end of this ugly loss but booed their team off of the court…

Box Score wrote:Seattle Stealth

SF Kevin Durant: 26 points, 2 blocks
PF David Lee: 16 points, 4 assists
SG Reshawn Tyson: 14 points
C Andrew Bogut: 13 points, 6 rebounds, 5-13 FG
SG Allen Iverson: 13 points, 6 assists
PF Mingyu Li: 9 points, 3-4 3PT

Sacramento Kings

PG Russell Westbrook: 21 points, 20 assists, 7-11 FG, 7-7 FT
SF Moses Chara: 31 points, 8 assists, 13-16 FG
SG Michael Redd: 18 points
PF Al Jefferson: 14 points, 9 rebounds
SG Jerry Stackhouse: 11 points

NBA.com wrote:Around-The-League Wrap-Up: Game 1

Bucks 97 (Stevenson 17 pts, Villanueva 16 pts, Gray, Washburn 14 pts)
@
Cavs 128 (Gay 26 pts, 4 reb, 4 ast, James 23 pts, 8 reb, 9 ast, 3 stl, Fernandez 19 pts)

[Cavs lead series 1-0]
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Game 1 Recap

Postby Valor on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:11 am

Yup, Chara, Westbrook and the Kings did just "(expletive) you over" :|
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Houndy on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:25 am

Chara is a smartie, no wonder he has a cheapass college degree
Last edited by Houndy on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:47 am

Please brush up on your Chara knowledge before you make assumptions about him. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby dare on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:44 am

I told you so the geezers can't guard Westbrook, I think Ariza can guard him. Who is Mingyu Lia a PF with a 3point range is good.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby puttincomputers on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:52 am

21 and 20 for westbrook! :bowdown:
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:46 pm

Wow, what a game by Russell... me, I'd be cussing for at least a couple of hours :P
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:48 pm

Sit wrote:Please brush up on your Chara knowledge before you make assumptions about him. :lol:

Edited :D
Houndy

Postby |)e8* on Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:10 pm

Holy shit Westbrook 20 20
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:06 pm

dare wrote:I told you so the geezers can't guard Westbrook, I think Ariza can guard him. Who is Mingyu Lia a PF with a 3point range is good.

Mingyu Li and How he became a member of the Stealth.

As for Westbrook, I need Ariza on Chara. Don't have anyone to bring ball up if I keep Kidd/Iverson off the floor... I think Kidd/Iverson will defend Redd and Ty will defend Westbrook.

puttincomputers wrote:21 and 20 for westbrook! :bowdown:

De8 wrote:Holy shit Westbrook 20 20

Yep... crazy shit.

Thierry • wrote:Wow, what a game by Russell... me, I'd be cussing for at least a couple of hours :P

I still am cussing. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby Justine. on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:15 pm

What a game by Westbrook! Gotta stop him next game. And oh, Chara put up big numbers too. Meh.
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:34 pm

I've played the next game and the recap will be up later tonight. :)
Fresh8

Postby |)e8* on Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:33 pm

Nice! I bet you won because of your :) emotion
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm

Tyson Beats Buzzer To Defeat Kings
Game 2, Western Conference Finals, 2013 NBA playoffs: Sacramento Kings at Seattle Stealth 121-123 (Series Tied 1-1)
Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

MAY 18, SEATTLE (AP) – Reshawn Tyson came up big for the Seattle Stealth with a buzzer beating fadeaway in the face of Michael Redd. However, the celebrations were spoiled amid controversy emerging out of the Stealth locker room involving Tyson and Stealth star player Kevin Durant.

Tyson and Durant were reportedly in a heated argument about why Tyson was allowed to take the last shot. The entire team was barred from speaking to media after the game and in this morning’s practice session. Head Coach Will Sit stated that there were some ‘differing opinions on team strategy in his locker room’ but he would not elaborate as it was a ‘private matter’.

Game 2 was looked every bit of the shootout that many pundits wanted to see as the teams were tied at 72-72 after one half. However, the pace slowed down in the second half as both teams knuckled down on defence. “We came out on fire but Seattle was lucky that they were shooting good as well,” Moses Chara said, “They were lucky to escape with a win. It was just their night tonight. The guy who hit the last shot got a lucky shot up. It happens.”

Chara laughed when told of the Stealth’s locker room turmoil, “That’s what I call a bunch of clowns. They could try to beat me, they don’t really have a shot at that but they could try to if they stopped acting like a bunch of fools.”

The game eventuated in an exciting finish with multiple lead changes in the second half. No team led by more than 4 points for the entire duration of the final quarter. Heading into the final minute of the game, Seattle actually led by 5 points. A Chara three point play cut the lead to 2 points with 43.2 seconds remaining. The Stealth failed to score on the next possession as Andrew Bogut was stripped of the rock. The Kings tied the game with 16.8 seconds left in the game thanks to an Al Jefferson dunk, which cause Coach Sit to call a time out.

Durant missed a long jumper that could have given the Stealth a lead. The rebound was picked off by Jefferson who was immediately sent to the free throw line with 4.3 left on the clock. Jefferson missed both free throws. Bogut gathered the board and called a time out.

It was in that time out when Sit drew up a play for Tyson who was having by far a better shooting night than NBA leading scorer Durant. After the Stealth broke out of the huddle, Durant was seen refusing to get off the bench. After a second and final time out, Sit was able to convince Durant to join his teammates on the floor.

Despite Durant’s antics, the Kings still focused their attention on him during the inbounds. That freed up Tyson along the baseline, leading to Jason Kidd whipping the pass to him for his tenth assist of the game. Tyson caught the ball, turned and then sunk a fadeaway dagger in the face of Redd. The buzzer sounded soon after and the Stealth celebrated as if they had won the series.

Tyson had led the Steath with 33 points, Allen Iverson added 22 and Durant scored 16. Kidd was impressive as he put up 19 points, 10 assists and 6 rebounds.

The Kings were led by Redd’s 26 points and Chara’s near triple double of 24 points, 11 assists, 9 rebounds. Former Stealth PG Russell Westbrook followed up an impressive Game 1 outing with 19 points and 6 assists in Game 2.

Notes: Stealth Coach Sit stated that Durant is unlikely to be punished for his behavior and is likely to play in Game 3… Sit believed that his big men Andrew Bogut and David Lee needed to step up. “Andrew and David have been pretty much non-existent this series. They could give us the edge so that we can win this series,” the NBA Coach of the Year challenged his two starters… Chara was confident that they would be coming back to Seattle with a 3-1 lead…

Box Score wrote:Seattle Stealth

SG Reshawn Tyson: 33 points, 5 assists, 2 steals, 11-18 FG, 1-4 3PT, 10-10 FT
SG Allen Iverson: 22 points, 8-13 FG
PG Jason Kidd: 19 points, 6 rebounds, 10 assists
SF Kevin Durant: 16 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks
PF David Lee: 9 points, 6 rebounds
C Andrew Bogut: 6 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 blocks

Sacramento Kings

SG Michael Redd: 26 points, 2 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals, 10-17 FG
SF Moses Chara: 24 points, 9 rebounds, 11 assists, 10-15 FG, 4-6 3PT
PG Russell Westbrook: 19 points, 6 assists
PF Al Jefferson: 12 points
SG Jerry Stackhouse: 11 points

NBA.com wrote:Around-The-League Wrap-Up: Game 2

Bucks 95 (Gray 25 pts, 9 reb, 7 ast, Washburn 15 pts, Conley 11 pts)
@
Cavs 110 (James 37 pts, 10 reb, 7 ast, 3 stl, Williams 21 pts, Gay 17 pts)

[Cavs lead series 2-0]
Last edited by Fresh8 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame