A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Yo Justine. !!!

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:23 pm

i checked free agency and also roookie stats list but couldnt find you lol you will be in the next draft.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Houndy on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:24 pm

He got shot by LeBron
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:55 pm

Waived and got deleted by the game. Since there is no D-League, it happens with 2K9 especially for rookie players in FA that are rated really low.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:07 pm

There are players rated 58 in Free Agency... Cleveland only has 12 players on the roster... So don't know how it happened. :lol:

Stupid game.

Grinch, do you want O'Greene making an appearance in here?
Fresh8

Postby George7 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:20 pm

The same occurred with my Dynasty and Greg Monroe on 2k11!
George7

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:40 pm

3000 replies man, OMFG! :bowdown: :bowdown2: :bowdown: :bowdown2:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:50 pm

I'm not going to bother with a milestone post yet. Waiting till just before regular season. So please refrain from the 'wow 60 pages' posts. Thanks guys!
Fresh8

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:50 pm

George7 wrote:The same occurred with my Dynasty and Greg Monroe on 2k11!
Yeah, it also happens to me in 2K10 since the D-League can only hold so much garbage players. I noticed that it usually happens to rookies especially 2nd round and undrafted picks.

Sit wrote:There are players rated 58 in Free Agency... Cleveland only has 12 players on the roster... So don't know how it happened. :lol:
No idea why Cleveland waived him but the deletion happens randomly to lower rated rookies in the FA list, so the worst rated rookie in the FA might still be there even though some got deleted.

Grinch, do you want O'Greene making an appearance in here?
Thought about it when you were accepting NLSC applicants but considering the lifespan of this story is about the same as the playing career of Jason Kidd (in the story), thanks for the offer but I'll pass.
Though I really want you to continue this one, I think you deserve to have a new story using 2K11 for you to enjoy playing the game more considering 2K11's better gameplay. :lol:

As his agent, Mr. O'Greene told me that he would be glad to come to the NBA if things open up for him.
(when a new association story comes along)
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:00 am

Fair enough. O'Greene shall wait till some more epic battles with Sit. In the meantime, he will just have continue training with the man himself on the champion craptors :)
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:04 am

shadowGrinch wrote:Waived and got deleted by the game. Since there is no D-League, it happens with 2K9 especially for rookie players in FA that are rated really low.

Happens in 2K10 too, dunno why but I've noticed that JJ Redick and Joel Anthony (and more) have disappeared without a trace in my association :facepalm2: 2K likes to abduct players
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:11 am

I'm pretty sure it happens in Live too. A way to get rid of the crap undrafted players. I was just a bit peeved off cause Justine was better than the bottom feeders on the cavs roster. Theres no trace of him at all as his name does not appear in player releases and seems he disappeared off the roster and not free agency list. Ah well! Sucks for Justine! Haha
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:19 am

Oh well......
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:23 am

Willie Green isn't safe. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:56 am

I know right! Poor guy might get shot. By Willie Lewis
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:14 am

Willie Lewis is suicidal?
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:19 am

I never knew Willie Lewis and Green were one person
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:31 am

Sorry, the first post was sposed to say Willie Lweis.

Im not sure if Willie Greene is even in my game anymore :lol:
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:57 am

Raptors Trade For Nate Robinson

OCTOBER 29, PHOENIX – Suns General Manager Charles Barkley made his first move as an NBA manager by trading backup point guard Nate Robinson and his expiring contract to the Toronto Raptors for a future first rounder and cash. Barkley stated that Robinson had fallen out of favor in Phoenix for his off court antics. "I made the deal because I don't like having midget point guards," Barkley stated.

Robinson averaged 12.6 ppg and 2.4 apg last season. His best season came in his first season with the Suns as starting point guard in 2009-10 where he averaged 16 ppg, 4.2 rpg and 5.7 apg. The Raptors had been looking for a backup at his position ever since trading Jose Calderon away to the Lakers. The Raptors finished the day with the signing of veteran forward Antoine Walker who played 81 games for the Portland Trailblazers last season before being put on the IR for the 82nd game and entire postseason.

Walker said this would be his last season in the NBA and was excited to join Toronto, "They have a nice team here. I hope that I will get to play better than I did last season." Walker was teammates with Robinson in Phoenix during the 2010-11 season in which Walker averaged 3.7 ppg on .500 3PT% in 27 games played. Robinson was happy to link up with Walker again, "Tonie is great to play around. Everyone disses him a lot but I rather have him starting on my team rather than the crybaby in Phoenix."

Read More…
Last edited by Fresh8 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:04 am

ESPN
Kaltone Robertson

Well we have another strange occurrence in the NBA, another player has been involved in a suspicious occurrence. 10 days ago Justine Crewhead was reported missing by the Cavaliers after not reporting to a workout. 8 days ago the police raided his home. They found him dead, close to a baggie full of drugs. The police immediately suspected a drug overdose.

5 days ago there was an anonymous tip. The tipster left a cryptic message regarding a stash of cocaine. The police immediately went to the home and began to search. They found 150 pounds of high grade hemp. They jumped to a conclusion which turned out to be false. Then came another message. The messenger gave a name. The police, who were ecstatic about the last tip, put out a manhunt on the name. The name? Henry Hinn. The brother of Benny Hinn. Henry Hinn an evangelist is also a canadian and avid Raptors fan! Henry was suspected in his brothers downfall but they had no proof.

While the investigation is still ongoing the local police say that Justine was murdered by someone injecting a lethal dose of marijuana. They state that there is no evidence that Justine ever used drugs. While police do not believe Henry Hinn was the one to inject Justine they do believe he was a t least partly involved. They also believe there is connection with Benny as well. Another rumor going around is that a former NBA player was seen around Justine's house. Police will not say who this might be, but we suspect Jayson Williams.

(this article was written before the Suns-Raptors trade)
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Trade + L-Train's favem + justine

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:38 pm

Crewhead Death Confirmed Drug Related

OCTOBER 29, CLEVELAND – Cleveland authorities have confirmed that the death of 22nd pick Justine Crewhead was indeed drug related. A statement released by the police department has given the reason for the death as a drug overdose and confirmed that Crewhead's body was found at his home, which he had moved into just three days prior.

The Cavaliers and the NBA have not made any official comments on the matter.

Read More…
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:08 pm

Monta Ellis all over again! :O
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:25 pm

Lamrock wrote:Monta Ellis all over again! :O

I wish it wasn't so. :lol:
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - 4 POINTERS!

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:01 pm

September 7, 2013
Team Rankings: 20-11
By Willard Smith

In anticipation of the 2013-14 season, I will attempt to rank all 30 teams from 30 to 1. You saw the bottom 10 last week and now I get to post the teams part of the middle echelon of the league.

20. Memphis Grizzlies (Last season: 40-42)

Grizzlies head coach Gary Payton has got to be pissed off about Martti Must’s defection to play for the Chuckster. However, the Glove need not worry as he still has a pretty decent squad in Memphis. OJ Mayo may thrive in the limelight and is every bit a player capable of leading the league in scoring. Emeka Okafor is a solid defensive presence in the post but all eyes will be on him on the offensive end to see whether he can score buckets. That in turn puts a big burden on TJ Ford to really find his teammates for good looks now that the offence runs solely through him. If Caron Butler can play at his past All-Star form then Memphis may still be capable of making the playoffs. And don’t forget about serviceable sixth man Chauncey Billups. The odds are against them though because Must did nearly everything needed to win.

Starting Five: Emeka Okafor | Andray Blatche | Caron Butler | OJ Mayo | TJ Ford
Key Reserves: Chauncey Billups | Shane Park | Issac Griffin
Potential All-Stars: Mayo

-----

19. Philadelphia 76ers (Last season: 46-36)

The Sixers had their best season in a long time last year. Then they lost three starters in the offseason and it looks like Philly just never has much luck. They lost Byron Brock and Elton Brand as well as Zoilo Resurreccion. Any basketball fan would understand the importance in all three players, especially Zoilo who got things going on both ends of the floor. The Sixers were a tough defensive squad last season and we will get to see if they can sustain that identity into next season. The good thing is that Andre Iguodala might finally get more MVP candidacy attention as the sole star.

Starting Five: Kendrick Perkins | Chris Wilcox| Vince Carter | Andre Iguodala | Delonte West
Key Reserves: Darrell Arthur | Mike Miller | Wally Szcerbiak
Potential All-Stars: Iguodala

-----

18. Atlanta Hawks (Last season: 47-35)

Manu Ginobili, Tayshawn Prince (and Lebron James) were the biggest reasons for the Hawks’ championship last year. With Ginobili and Prince on the wrong side of their respective primes, the Hawks are going to struggle a little bit. Last season’s deal for Stanley Mayo was a much needed deal to infuse some youth and potential in the Hawks’ starting five but that is not going to offset the decline in two of the most respected vets in the game. Al Horford and Josh Smith will need to step up even more to help Atlanta have a meaningful season. The two All-Stars are capable of doing so. These guys are a borderline playoff team for me.

Starting Five: Al Horford | Andrea Bargnani | Josh Smith | Manu Ginobili | Stanley Mayo
Key Reserves: Marcus Banks | Tayshaun Prince | Anthony Parker | Brandon Bass | Eddy Curry
Potential All-Stars: Horford, Smith

-----

17. Phoenix Suns (Last season: 36-46)

How good can one player really make a team? That will be the question on everyone’s lips when talking about the Suns. Phoenix has always had the backcourt firepower but really lacked an inside player since Amare Stoudemire was traded to the Clippers. Now they finally sign an All-Star PF in the form of Martti Must. If they want to run, then they have the right guy because Must is great with the ball in his hands as well as running the floor. He could be a triple double machine every night one or two of his teammates is on fire from beyond the arc. They may not make the playoffs but the Suns will be fun to watch again. Newly hired Suns GM Charles Barkley is pretty confident though that Must will help his team get to the postseason but I must note to him that he better not be taking advantage of that Krispy Kreme endorsement and feeding his team too many doughnuts.

Starting Five: Kevin Love | Martti Must | Jason Richardson |Leonard Cassell | Baron Davis
Key Reserves: Leandro Barbosa | Robin Lopez | Goran Dragic
Potential All-Stars: Must

-----

16. Toronto Raptors (Last season: 35-47)

As evidenced from the Summer League and Preseason, Coby Clark is going to need time to develop. It’s funny how things work out sometimes and that failed Bosh trade was a blessing for the Raptors. Bosh will get over the fact that he was traded to Miami and be the reliable low post option that the team will need if Clark cannot deliver in his rookie year. Bosh is still a solid 25 ppg, 10 rpg player and should draw defenders left, right and centre. That could bode well for Clark who could thrive playing off the ball and on the boards. Chris Hova’s performance as full-time floor general without the support of Jose Calderon is going to be crucial to the Raptors’ chances of making the playoffs. However, Calderon’s absense may be offset a little bit with the recent acquisition of Nate Robinson. Right now, for the Raptors’ playoff chances, I’m going with the safe call of ’50-50’.

Starting Five: Coby Clark | Chris Bosh | Mikael Pietrus | Larry Williams | Chris Hova
Key Reserves: Nate Robinson | Channing Frye | Brendan Haywood | Jason Kapono
Potential All-Stars: Bosh

-----

15. Minnesota Timberwolves (Last season: 38-44)

The Wolves have a nice young squad and finally with an All-Star talent as their lead player. Kevin Martin was always second fiddle to Moses Chara in Sacramento but he will start the upcoming season as the undisputed first option for the Wolves. Luol Deng was a great pickup from the trade with the Chicago Bulls and he will slide right into the starting small forward position nicely as the team’s dependable second option. Add in ‘Dirk-lite’ Janis Kalnins at centre, hustling Sammy Carney and the quirky Manfred Nissley at point guard and you have yourself a nice little starting combination of smarts, outside shooting and craftiness. The Al Jefferson-Wolves didn’t quite work out as planned but it looks like David Kahn is on the money with this new pack of Wolves.

Starting Five: Janis Kalnins | Sammy Carney | Luol Deng | Kevin Martin | Manfred Nissley
Key Reserves: Quinn Person | Mike Bibby | Rashad McCants | Dustin Thompson
Potential All-Stars: Martin

-----

14. Portland Trailblazers (Last season: 42-40)

The Blazers struggled in their first season sans Steve Nash. Ramon Sessions was a dependable starting point guard but obviously nowhere near the level of Nash; even if Nash was on the cusp of 40. Greg Oden has emerged emerge as one of the better centers in the NBA but still has not figured out how to score against opposing big men. Boozer is getting on in age and might be a trade asset if the Blazers don’t perform to expectations. Gordon is great at throwing up plenty of shots but his presence on the team continues to hold back Brandon Roy from displaying his true greatness. Guessing how this team will do is like flipping a coin. They’re either going to be ok or really bad. The Blazers’ window of opportunity for winning it all has closed completely ever since Nash skipped town and sadly, this season might be the season the team rebuilds. If so, then expect Boozer and Gordon to be traded away for lots of picks and expiring contracts.

Starting Five: Greg Oden | Carlos Boozer | Brandon Roy | Ben Gordon | Ramon Sessions
Key Reserves: Derrick Caldwell | Darko Milicic | Herbert Horsley
Potential All-Stars: Roy, Oden

-----

13. Utah Jazz (Last season: 47-35)

Donnell Lawrence may not have developed into the player many believed he would be but as one of the best defensive players in the NBA, he sure does give the Jazz that last line of defense they really need. Joe Johnson and Deron Williams form one of the highest scoring backcourt partnerships in the league and the Jazz remain as one of the most well coached teams in the NBA. Utah took a while to start winning games but this trio of Lawrence-Johnson-Williams might just work as well as any other team’s star duo or trios. It is up to the Jazz front office to surround them with some better role players and Utah will be back on their way to compete with the upper echelon of the league. They could definitely find a better starting centre than Turiaf. Sidney Hooper is a good player on the wing but could stand to improve his shooting accuracy (12.7 ppg on .242 3PT%). The position of this team is just a reflection of how strong the West is.

Starting Five: Ronny Turiaf | Donnell Lawrence | Sidney Hooper | Joe Johnson | Deron Williams
Key Reserves: Acie Law | Andre Miller | Morris Almond | Kyle Korver
Potential All-Stars: Williams, Johnson, Lawrence

-----

12. Golden State Warriors (Last season: 50-32)

The Warriors are a high scoring bunch led by combo guard duo Monta Ellis and Louis Nixon. After convincing the Warriors that they could start in the same backcourt, Ellis and Nixon helped Golden State to a surprising 50 win season. Nixon will be up for free agency at the end of the season and many should expect him to play great in a contract year. The former Sixth Man of the Year playing in top form could help Ellis catapult the Warriors to even greater heights this – can anyone think of the Western Conference Finals? The Warriors are a fun team to watch but I have got to admit championship aspirations may have to take a backseat at expense of the high octane and Sportscentre highlight filled play. But it’s never a bad thing to dream…

Starting Five: Andris Biedrins | Brandan Wright | Anthony Randolph | Monta Ellis | Louis Nixon
Key Reserves: Amir Johnson | Sasha Vujacic | Jermaine O’Neal
Potential All-Stars: Ellis, Nixon

-----

11. LA Clippers (Last season: 44-38)

The Clippers have been a consistent winner since the drafting of Ray Lliach and trading for Amare Stoudemire. Although Amare has not played at his peak level, Lliach has strived in Clippers colors and made this ‘other LA team’ the more noteworthy one in recent seasons. As long as Lliach continues his underrated individual efforts then Clipper fans have nothing to fear. Although the Clippers pushed the eventual NBA champions to 7 games in the first round of the past playoffs, what this team lacks is depth. With the rest of the Western Conference improving, the Clippers need to do something to solidify their roster and continue their winning ways.

Starting Five: Amare Stoudemire | DJ White | Richard Jefferson | Eric Gordon | Ray Lliach
Key Reserves: Owen Bowman | Rafer Alston | Wilson Craig | Mehmet Okur
Potential All-Stars: Lliach, Stoudemire
Last edited by Fresh8 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - BDL: Team Rankings 20-11

Postby George7 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:12 pm

Clipps are just rocking!!
Nice article Sit (Y)
George7

Re: A Legend Is Born III - 4 POINTERS!

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:26 pm

Nooo. It's sad when this kind of thing happens. On the bright side, the shimmy is reborn in Toronto!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame