A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: [PLANNING PHASE] All-ALIB Teams Project

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:23 am

mmm... This won't be easy :(
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:39 am

If you do this Sit, make sure to include the Rockets team that you raped, so I can see how bad that roster is. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:35 am

Axel. wrote:If you do this Sit, make sure to include the Rockets team that you raped, so I can see how bad that roster is. :)

Yao Ming, Tyus Thomas, Danilo Gallinari, 45 year old Shane Battier, the entire backcourt are rookies, 1st years and 2nd years.
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Hopefully didn't delete the PM, but I remember asking you about Tyson
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Struggling Bucks Can't Stop Streaking Stealth

Image Image

JANUARY 8, SEATTLE – The Seattle Stealth moved into a six-way tie for the sixth longest winning streak of all-time in the NBA as they defeated the Milwaukee Bucks in convincing fashion. The team's 17 game winning matches them with teams including the 59-60 Boston Celtics and more recent achievers of the same mark: 06-07 Phoenix Suns and 07-08 Dallas Mavericks.

Seattle's winning streak will be put to the test in their next game against the Charlotte Bobcats where a win would tie them with three great historic teams on 18 wins: 69-70 New Knicks, 81-82 Boston Celtics, and the 95-96 Chicago Bulls. "This (winning company) is not bad to be among," NBA veteran and Stealth leader Jason Kidd exclaimed after the game, "This turning into a special season."

Kevin Durant led 3 other players in double figures with 24 points. The struggling Bucks ran into the wrong team in their attempt to snap their 2 game losing streak. The Stealth, motivated from the last match between the sides, made a collective effort to hold Bucks' star Jay Gray to 13 points on 5 for 16 shooting. Bucks' shooter Liam Washburn struggled again in a 1 for 9 performance including 0 for 7 from beyond the arc. Jordan Farmar led the Bucks from off the bench with 17 points.

Read More…
Last edited by Fresh8 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Back on track... Bucks @ Stealth

Postby Houndy on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:44 pm

Lets go for 40 baby!
Houndy

Postby Lamrock on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:47 pm

I just let you guys win because I like records.
Lamrock

Postby |)e8* on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Sit gonna lose at Washington!
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:23 pm

Nice to see this get back on track once again :lol:
Good win, can't wait to see how far you'll go
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Badger wrote:I'm inactive on there, are you still allowing draft forms?

Yes I am but you need to follow for a season to be eligible to apply.

Houndy wrote:Lets go for 40 baby!

You changing your prediction again? :P

Lamrock wrote:I just let you guys win because I like records.

That's something Lebron would say. ;)

|)e8* wrote:Sit gonna lose at Washington!

We will see about that. (Y)

Valor wrote:Nice to see this get back on track once again :lol:
Good win, can't wait to see how far you'll go

Thank you, thank you. It's been back for a while now.
Fresh8

Postby Murat on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:17 pm

Okay, thanks Sit. Don't lose any match. Please?
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby hova- on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:18 pm

Good job beating the Bucks, but I don't like how JG is struggling lately. Seems like an historic season, hope you don't reach the Rockets' streak. :P
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby dare on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:56 pm

I think the winning streak will end at 24
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Why not 34?
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:45 am

Stealth Slow At Home But Finish Job

Image Image

JANUARY 9, SEATTLE – Fatigue and complacency crept into the equation for Seattle as they stumbled across the finish line at home against the Charlotte Bobcats. Seattle let a comfortable 22 point third quarter lead fade away before battling hard to hold on for a 102-95 final scoreline. This set the team up for their 18th straight win before they head to the nation's capital to face the Wizards for a chance to extend their winning streak to 19.

Head Coach George Karl was not pleased with his team's lack of effort in the final quarter. He called out Allen Iverson for missing four jumpers in a row instead of making the extra pass. "If we want to win in Washington," Karl warned, "We need to play a lot better than this." However, he did also praised Jason Kidd for returning to the game late to steady the ship and Kevin Durant for hitting two clutch jumpers.

After the Bobcats went on a 14-0 run to start the fourth quarter, Karl was forced to bring Durant and Kidd back onto the court. "This (going back to the starters) was not necessary (if) the bench did their job," Karl explained, "I was very disappointed in Allen and the rest of the team." Durant and Kidd did their jobs and helped the Stealth hold onto their lead and the win. It wasn't over until the final minute though with the Bobcats trailing by just 3 points before Durant nailed back to back jumpers to seal the win in a span of 30 seconds.

Durant led the Stealth with 29 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks. Kidd had a double double of 16 points and 14 assists. Iverson scored 18 points on some inefficient shooting.

Devin Harris scored 18 of his 38 points in the fourth quarter. Peja Stojakovic was the Bobcats' next best with 18 points. "We had a very good fourth quarter tonight," Harris said, "To do it against Seattle is a huge confidence booster for our team. We had a shot at stopping them but they're playing great basketball right now."

Read More…
Last edited by Fresh8 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Bucks @ Stealth, Bobcats @ Stealt

Postby Houndy on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:11 am

KD needs to keep killing
Houndy

Postby dare on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:06 am

What is my performance against you guys?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:37 am

dare wrote:What is my performance against you guys?

So shit it didn't make it to the report obviously. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby Grandmama Johnson on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:10 pm

Still relatively new to NLSC and trying to slowly catch up on the whole Legend is Born saga. That said, well done! The awards clearly speak for themselves and I'm looking forward to following from here on. Good luck vs. Washington and keep that win streak intact. (Y)
Grandmama Johnson

Postby Valor on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Scoring so little is not like you :lol: Used to seeing the Stealth pile up 120+ ppg
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:11 pm

Grandmama Johnson wrote:Still relatively new to NLSC and trying to slowly catch up on the whole Legend is Born saga. That said, well done! The awards clearly speak for themselves and I'm looking forward to following from here on. Good luck vs. Washington and keep that win streak intact. (Y)

Thanks Larry.

Happy to have another follower!

Valor wrote:Scoring so little is not like you :lol: Used to seeing the Stealth pile up 120+ ppg

We were on track for 120+ but then my bench failed me! haha
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:41 pm

Arenas: We Can Slow Down Stealth

JANUARY 11, WASHINGTON – Wizards All-Star guard Gilbert Arenas has boldly predicted that he will lead his team to a win against the streaking Seattle Stealth. “They’re not going to win in my building,” Arenas said after his team shoot around, “Kevin (Durant) texted me and I must say that I disagree with what he said.”

Arenas laughed when asked what the NBA’s leading scorer had included in his message. “It was some funny stuff but not something I’d repeat,” he admitted, “But it was along the lines of him thinking Seattle would have a walkover of my guys. Plus he’s from the area so he wants to stake out his territory.”

Arenas added, “I won’t let him do that. We’re beating him even if all his friends and family are here. It don’t make no difference to me.” The Wizards are playing relatively well and are sticking in the playoff race in the Eastern Conference. Arenas has been praised for his leadership throughout the years in the nation’s capital and recently reiterated his desire to stay with the franchise until he retires.

Read More…

Kidd Defends Teammates

JANUARY 11, WASHINGTON – Amid the criticism that his team has begun to become complacent as well as burning too much energy during their 18 game winning streak, Jason Kidd has responded by backing up his team mates.

“I don’t think we are complacent,” the veteran told press, “Everyone has it wrong. Yes, the guys were a little tired because of the back to back but there was no complacency.”

Kidd also argued, “We’ve had a pretty tough schedule these last few weeks with minimal rest in between games. We have a lot of back to backs and just one or two days rest in between games. Plus we’ve played away a lot as well. It’s perfectly natural to be a little tired.”

When asked whether fatigue will be an issue in their game against the Wizards, Kidd smiled and replied, “(Fatigue) won’t be an issue. We’ve been working hard to recover as well as stay sharp. I’m aiming to lead my guys out there and we’re all hoping to make a statement to the rest of the league.”

The final question that Kidd answered was whether the winning streak would be continuing. He said, “Maybe.”

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Bobcats @ Stealth, Arenas, Kidd

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Career Highs Fall As Streak Continues
Seattle Stealth at Washington Wizards: 131-71
Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

January 11, WASHINGTON (AP) – Kevin Durant was victorious in front of friends and family but on this momentous occasion of playing in his hometown, it was his team mates who wowed the pro-Wizards crowd. Durant may have finished with 25 points and 7 rebounds but was overshadowed by Andrew Bogut and Jason Kidd.

Bogut scored a career high 36 points and Kidd dished out an amazing career high 26 assists. Bogut scored on a flurry of well executed post moves that ended with baby hooks, short jumpers and a handful of dunks. He missed just 1 shot all night (15-16 FG). Kidd was even more incredible as he set a team record of 26 assists and set an NBA record that might never be broken: the most assist by a 40 year old NBA player.

“I guess this season keeps getting better,” Durant smiled in the locker room after the game, “We’re playing awesome basketball right now. What a night!” Bogut and Kidd both conducted a podium interview set up after the game. The pair explained how they were happy with their new individual milestones but would be more than glad to trade it for team success.

“We’re in a good spot right now,” Kidd said, “The goal for me is to win a championship. That’s all that matters to me right now.” Bogut also acknowledged his new scoring high but added, “Kevin scores 30 points every night so it’s no real big deal. My performance was good but nothing special in the context of the team. The most important thing is that we won another one.”

Gilbert Arenas was not happy about his side’s loss after predicting that the home side would win. Arenas didn’t talk to reporters before leaving the stadium through a back exit. Arenas had tried his best to save his team from the embarrassing thumping by scoring 38 points.

The secret to the Stealth’s win was not only Bogut, Kidd and Durant’s offensive performances but also thanks to their defence. LaMarcus Aldridge was held by Bogut to 2 points on 1 for 7 shooting. Kidd did an outstanding job by forcing Klemen Pirc into finishing with 6 points on 1 for 16 shooting. Al Thornton was even schooled by Durant as he shot just 6 for 19.

“It was not a good night,” Aldridge shook his head after the match.

Notes: Bogut’s previous career high was 34 points. Kidd’s previous career high was 25 assists… Durant had a nice little section of the stadium devoted to a pack of friends and family. The Stealth star and NBA leading scorer was born and raised in Washington DC… Kidd’s 26 assists even eclipsed the defunct Seattle Sonics’ record of 25 assists set by Nate McMillan on February 23 1987 against the LA Clippers…

Box Score wrote:Seattle Stealth 28-9 (34 – 29 – 27 – 41 – 131)

Andrew Bogut: 36 pts, 9 reb, 5 blk, 15-16 FG, 6-6 FT
Kevin Durant: 25 pts, 7 reb, 4 ast, 9-14 FG, 1-3 3PT, 6-7 FT
Reshawn Tyson: 20 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast, 9-11 FG
Allen Iverson: 16 pts, 6 ast, 7-11 FG, 1-2 3PT, 1-2 FT
Jason Kidd: 10 pts, 26 ast, 2 stl
David Lee: 6 pts, 12 reb

Washington Wizards 16-20 (17 – 14 – 27 – 13 – 71)

Gilbert Arenas: 38 pts, 14-34 FG
Al Thornton: 15 pts, 6-19 FG
Klemen Pirc: 6 pts, 10 ast, 1-16 FG
LaMarcus Aldridge: 2 pts, 7 reb, 4 blk, 1-7 FG
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Stealth @ Wizards: KD IS HOME!

Postby Warlock95 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Is it just me, or do the Stealth jerseys on the pic have no team names?
I once had a decent signature, then it took an arrow to the knee.
Warlock95

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Stealth @ Wizards: KD IS HOME!

Postby hova- on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Wow, what a win. But you're sliding a bit into the "unrealistic" numbers recently (or is it just me?) ... I mean 26 assists is pretty wicked ...
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame