A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Summer League, Trades, League New

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:41 pm

Sit wrote:
Valor wrote::lol: @ chris bosh failing his physical

Nice deal for the Bulls, getting rid of Deng for some solid pieces, Hibbert and Jackson will fill in nicely (Y)

Hibbert is young. S-Jack well past his prime. No idea how I would grade that deal. :P

Well at least they filled the center void that was left behind by poor Noah....
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:43 pm

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:

Nice deal for the Bulls, getting rid of Deng for some solid pieces, Hibbert and Jackson will fill in nicely (Y)

Hibbert is young. S-Jack well past his prime. No idea how I would grade that deal. :P

I think they had someone already? Can't remember :lol:

Well, you just mad you got no minutes and can't play for Chi-town. Should have done smart thing and demand a trade
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby newc on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:44 pm

Deng will be a good third option for my Wolves :)
newc

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:45 pm

Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:

Well, you just mad you got no minutes and can't play for Chi-town. Should have done smart thing and demand a trade

Where did that come from? I am quite content in Dallas and I reckon with my improvements added, I can be a sixth man for the Mavs (Y)

Only thing I'm mad at is how Noah is in Cleveland right now...totally feel for him
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:

Where did that come from? I am quite content in Dallas and I reckon with my improvements added, I can be a sixth man for the Mavs (Y)

You're gonna struggle for minutes this season. You the 3rd string SG. :lol:

And NewC... Kevin Martin = 1, Deng = 2, Nissley = 3... you = 4 :lol:
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:48 pm

Sit wrote:You're gonna struggle for minutes this season. You the 3rd string SG. :lol:

With all those points added? You are kidding right? :shock:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Brilliant Article: L-Train

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:03 pm

Not kidding :)

Can't remember your overall. You improved but not better than Douglas Roberts
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby The X on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:00 am

October 30, 2013
2 minutes with ....
By Willard Smith

I bumped into the Dallas Mavericks' shooting guard Andrew Watson in NYC just over a month ago. He had just turned out for The Steve Nash Foundation Charity Classic and was due to fly out to Dallas the next morning ahead of the commencement of the Mavs' training camp. I did manage to ask him a few questions before he had to leave.

I've heard you've been training with newly retired Steve Nash this off-season. How long have you been doing this?

"This is actually my first year working out with Steve. Usually I would end an NBA season, take a couple of weeks off then head off and join my teammates with the New Zealand National Team. Being out of contract for the first time in my career, I elected to play it safe and skip my national duties this year. They understood and respected my position, as they did with Mark (Moore), who did the exact same thing.

It was actually a pretty unique opportunity in that I would get to work on my game all summer long. It was an invaluable experience working out with Steve. One of his key focuses each off-season is on his core fitness, which was right down my alley of what I needed to work on. Steve is somebody who got better with age and always kept in peak physical shape to ensure he got the best out of his body. Hopefully I can do the same."

It's been a big off-season for you Andrew, namely moving from the Houston Rockets to their in-state rivals, the Dallas Mavericks. Was Steve in your ear trying to get you to sign with Dallas?

"No, not at all. I did chew his ear off at times asking him about the free agency process and what some of the teams were like that he had played for. He was obviously very partial to Dallas and Phoenix. Although he didn't try to push me any way, I do suspect he passed my number along to Dirk (Nowitzki), as he called me shortly after the moratorium ended."

What was Dirk's pitch like?

"He was selling Dallas as a great city to live in with the team having a great owner, great fans and very importantly, the best opportunity for me to win a title. He was there at airport with Mark (Cuban) when I arrived in Dallas later that week, which meant and said a lot about him."

Some people were surprised you left money on the table with Houston. What do you say to thses people?

"Money isn't everything. Besides, money's not something I like to talk about. Houston put together a great offer, as did Dallas. Both had a lot to offer, but in the end I had to follow my heart. I want to win a title and the window is still open with the Mavs to do that. The Rockets picked up a couple of nice young players but the reality was that they are in a rebuilding phase and it's not something I really wanted to go through at this stage of my career. Although rocky at times, I appreciate my time in Houston."

So you think you can win a title with the Mavs?

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't think I could."

Who's your pick for MVP?

"Moses (Chara), he's the complete package. Lebron is very good but Moses takes it to another level in my opinion. I think the 4 years with Coach K is the difference between the two."

Finally, team with best chance, other than Mavs, to win title?

"If I can't choose us (Mavs), then I'd have to say the Cavs. They were unlucky to lose by a single basket in 7 games. They'll be tough to beat, especially since they've added another key piece (Felton)."

What about the Stealth?

"Nah, if they were going to win it, they would've won it by now. They had an All-Star team last season, but basketball is a team game."
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:09 am

A+ (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:27 am

I love it. This is what I'm talking bout! :)
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:31 am

Oh and this might be bit off topic, but thx, X, for advertising my Dynasty ;)

I like X's, Lam's and Thierry's the most, really fit into the story (mine did, too, but fucking CB4 didn't pass the medical -> sucker) ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby The X on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:45 am

Sit wrote:I love it. This is what I'm talking bout! :)

I ended up doing it after all. Repayment for the pint yesterday evening (B) Something different & fitting in with Willard Smith's style. I obviously am not high profile enough to warrant Woody Hannes' attention :lol:

hova- wrote:Oh and this might be bit off topic, but thx, X, for advertising my Dynasty ;)

Is off topic but that's cool. I realised after a day or so that I was using the sig without giving you props so I made up for it by linking your Association :P If your Association wasn't good then I wouldn't have done it :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Brilliant Article: The X

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:57 am

hova- wrote:Oh and this might be bit off topic, but thx, X, for advertising my Dynasty ;)

I like X's, Lam's and Thierry's the most, really fit into the story (mine did, too, but fucking CB4 didn't pass the medical -> sucker) ;)

Yours fits in. We just need an 'after' article. :lol:

The X wrote:
Sit wrote:I love it. This is what I'm talking bout! :)

I ended up doing it after all. Repayment for the pint yesterday evening (B) Something different & fitting in with Willard Smith's style. I obviously am not high profile enough to warrant Woody Hannes' attention :lol:

It's a great piece. Like it a lot. :) Willard Smith does everything from opinion, analysis, interviews, etc. He's pro!
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:15 pm

nba.com wrote:Image
2013-14 NBA Season Preview
Seattle Stealth
Head Coach: George Karl | 12-13 Record: 59-23 | Projected 13-14 Record: 62-20

PLAYERS ADDED

SF Adam Morrison (Trade)
PF Jamaal Garrett (Draft)
SF Peter Carpenter (Draft)
SG Rich Tyler (Draft)

PLAYERS LOST

PF Chris Wilcox (Free Agent)
SG Robin Ross (Free Agent)
SF Trevor Ariza (Trade)

PROJECTED ROTATION

Player | 12-13 Stats (PPG, RPG, APG)

PG Jason Kidd | 10.9, 4.6, 7.9
SG Reshawn Tyson | 23.3, 4.7, 4.6
SF Kevin Durant | 27.7, 5.3, 2.7
PF David Lee | 9.7, 6.6, 1.6
C Andrew Bogut | 15.1, 8.1, 4.6

- - -

SG Allen Iverson | 16.3, 0.8, 4.1
SF Adam Morrison | 13.0, 3.4, 1.2
PG Aaron Karl | 5.5, 1.5, 2.0
PG Jao Wu | 4.1, 0.5, 0.9
PF Mingyu Li | 3.7, 1.3, 0.6

2011-12 TEAM LEADERS

PPG Kevin Durant | 27.7
RPG Andrew Bogut | 8.1
APG Jason Kidd | 7.9
SPG Kevin Durant 1.7
BPG Andrew Bogut | 2.1

PLAYER TO WATCH

There are so many dominating personalities on this team but the player to watch on this team has to be Allen Iverson. If Iverson plays like he did last season off the bench for Seattle, he could win the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year and that would make him the first player since Bill Walton to have won both MVP and Sixth Man of the Year during a playing career.

It’s more than just the possibility of creating history that makes Iverson so interesting. It will be the fact that he may be the ‘X-factor’ in determining whether the Stealth walk away with the hardware after the NBA Finals. No player will be more prone in tilting team chemistry than AI. The veteran is known for his stubbornness and for speaking his mind when unhappy. It is up to Coach Karl to control Iverson’s emotions on and off the court.

If Iverson can stay on track with the task of being the best teammate he could be; this could be the defining season of his (about to be) 18 year career. This is more important than his 2001 campaign in which he won MVP and went all the way to the NBA Finals. Everyone knew that Iverson had it in him and the team built around him was capable of getting through the weak Eastern Conference. In contrast, no one knows if Iverson is ready to take the backseat for an entire 82 game season and then some. No one knows how he will react to a bad game and a subsequent reduction in minutes. No one knows how he will deal with injuries. No one knows how he will deal with not being the top dog; not even at his own position.

Iverson signed on to play with Seattle because he thought he would start at shooting guard. Someone has come in and convinced him to shift his goals but how long will this last for? If the answer is ‘not long’ then the Stealth might be in big trouble.

SEASON OUTLOOK

The Stealth return with essentially the same side that won 59 games last season. They lost a little depth with Wilcox and Ariza leaving but those minutes will be eagerly gobbled up by the starting five and of course, Iverson (see above). The returning Adam Morrison and second year players Jao Wu and Senso Rancati should also prove effective in replacing Ariza and Wilcox’s combined 10 ppg.

The more pressing matters for Seattle are as follows: Jason Kidd as starting point guard; Kevin Durant and Reshawn Tyson; and the overlying defensive struggles of the team.

Jason Kidd made a shock decision to continue with playing basketball. The Stealth had begun to heap point guard duties onto younger guards Aaron Karl and Wu but Kidd’s announcement that he would play at least one more season has curtailed all of that. This is great news for Seattle because Kidd has been instrumental in all of their playoff success. However, one will always wonder whether his body will be able to keep up with the NBA schedule.

Kidd has stated that his shoulder is feeling fine and that he is in great physical condition. Coach George Karl may have to carefully monitor the 40 year old’s minutes but indications have shown that no one expects Kidd to slow down very drastically.

Kevin Durant and Reshawn Tyson were at the centre of controversy at various stages of last season. Tyson looked likely to jump ship and land in Phoenix or Orlando but a last minute bid by Seattle kept the All-Star in Stealth indigo and grey. However, all if not settled as rumor has it that the Nets and Knicks are putting pressure on Seattle to send Tyson home to one of their teams. However, until a trade happens, Tyson still plays for Seattle alongside four time scoring champion Durant.

The pair’s relationship is vital to keeping the Stealth as a contending team. Durant found out he couldn’t do it alone in the Western Conference Finals this year and it will be interesting to see whether he will change the way he plays to lead this team.

Seattle will need to fix their defensive woes. They tried to address these needs through the NBA draft, which was a very weak effort. Andrew Bogut and David Lee are not getting it done in the post on the defensive end and are often outrebounded on the glass. Coach Karl will need to think of a way to motivate his team to knuckle down on defense – something coach Will Sit was never able to do.

On a final note, the coaching switch from Coach of the Year Will Sit back to Coach Karl will be yet another exciting storyline to keep track of this season.

Seattle could win 62-65 games this season. They are in great shape to tackle any Western Conference rivals come the postseason. On paper, they still have the best team in the league but after so many seasons, hope is running out that this collection of talent will ever make the NBA Finals.
Fresh8

Postby puttincomputers on Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:26 pm

AP Wire
Kolden Schwartzkopf

Swiss Police are still investigating the Bump and Run incident in the Swiss Alps a few days ago. Tiago Splitter, who recently signed with the Spurs of the NBA, was biking along on his merry way when out of nowhere a driver hit him and then went speeding off.
The Car which hit Tiago had specialized plates, police will not release the information of these plates. The reason for this secrecy we have discovered through a leak from the Prime Minister's office is that this could be the result of hit ordered by a Drug Dealer who has special interest in the case of Benny Hinn http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=60729&p=1048229&hilit=benny+hinn#p1048229 and possible in the Attempted shooting of Tim Tebow http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=60729&hilit=benny+hinn&start=2750#p1163330, currently putting up some nice numbers for the Seattle Clouds. (See a Legend is Born II for both of these stories)

It was first thought that the driver probably thought they hit a deer. At least until that was the idea until they saw some strange anomalies. The anomalies? Tiago was on the left side of the road while the car swerved from the right. Also there were no brake or skid marks before hitting Tiago.
Tiago also said that the driver was wearing a Santa suit with a Green Mask. Thus the Chief of Police, Aberdeen Joder*, has dubbed the person of interest as The Hemp Grinch, this name was coined ofter the leak.

*Aberdeen Joder is distant relative of the NBA's Manfred Nissley.
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Seattle Stealth 13-14 Preview

Postby The X on Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:15 pm

Obviously not legit, seems like tabloid piece on one of those spoof websites puttin
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:07 pm

I think 60 wins are reachable, but most likeable you end up with 55 to 58 wins and go into postseason as the 2nd seed in the West. I don't know about their complete roster, but if Rashard Lewis is just another piece to the Kings roster, they are the top contenders once again.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Hope you guys like the season preview. It's my last update for a while. :)
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:32 pm

It's lovely but as I said before, I don't see you winning more than 58 games. I hope you can update this one here and there ...

Oh and about those NBA teams M&Ms, I'd love to eat those (or rather just look at each logo), quite a cool idea of M&M :D
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mark. on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:40 pm

Nice preview. I reckon that you will be looking at 55 wins, probably 2-3 seed, but this will be the season you go all the way. I think there may be some minor rejigging of the roster come the trade deadline as well.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:47 pm

hova- wrote:It's lovely but as I said before, I don't see you winning more than 58 games. I hope you can update this one here and there ...

Oh and about those NBA teams M&Ms, I'd love to eat those (or rather just look at each logo), quite a cool idea of M&M :D

Maybe they exist already man??? They have all cool things in the NBA store at NYC...
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:24 pm

Nice preview, can't wait for the season to start
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:04 am

Yep, to me it's 60 wins max... let's see if you can top that man. (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Crybaby Must...Miami Trade...

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:42 am

Sit wrote:Ah but that's only because I'm a true star! :P

Bitch please. Your memory is too short. Mr. O'Greene whooped your ass in one-on-one for the Human Fund charity game.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Crybaby Must...Miami Trade...

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:41 am

shadowGrinch wrote:
Sit wrote:Ah but that's only because I'm a true star! :P

Bitch please. Your memory is too short. Mr. O'Greene whooped your ass in one-on-one for the Human Fund charity game.

You caught me on my bad day. I was getting good looks but they just weren't dropping. You know, it happens. You were lucky.
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame