A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 15: Grown Men Become Boys

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:48 am

Sit wrote:Durant was shouting, mad as a rabid dog,

:applaud: Pure awesomeness on display, perfect description of Durant :lol:

love the chapter, the ending was a lot better than the last one and leaves a lot for responders to ponder about, great job (Y)

To me, this ending reads two different possible outcomes
1. injury occurs
2. a brawl breaks out and possible suspensions for game 5
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby |)e8* on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:28 am

LOL @ SHeed again
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:30 am

Hoping for a Pacers-Pistons brawl, lol.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Oskar on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:36 am

I honestly can't wait, you're an amazing writer as I tell in basically every single one of my posts and your stories are so good, none gets even close. I've no idea what could've happened, but for some reason I feel it's something between Ty and Durant, not Durant and Chara or something like this. Hurry up with the next update, I can't wait!
Oskar

Postby Martti. on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:55 am

Ty injured.. Again! Noooooo!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby hova- on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:54 am

I hope Ty won't miss to many games (if he's injured at all). Chara's a guy I'd not like to play against. He's da man right now and I doubt you can stop the Kings if one of your key guys gets injured.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby megarover on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:38 am

Something tells me a key player just went down.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Lamrock on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:55 am

Great chapter. So much antipathy between Chara, Durant and Ty. You should try to acquire Chara somehow. Sparks would really fly. :P

How long are your quarters? 72-72 at the half would be high for a Nellieball team!
Lamrock

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:28 am

Epic chapter.

Let's say that I think Kidds out
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:40 am

And with Marttis announcement, I'd like to congratulate Sit for winning The double dip; the Story of the Year and Association. Gratz bro
Last edited by Houndy on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Lamrock on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:42 am

Double double dip, since he won the honors last year as well.
Lamrock

Postby Clutch on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:24 am

woohooo! i sense fines and suspensions for both teams and Ty having to carry the Stealth to the title!

'grats and awesome job on the 'double double' (as Lamrock put it) as well; definitely well deserved :applaud:
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:00 am

Oskar wrote:I honestly can't wait, you're an amazing writer as I tell in basically every single one of my posts and your stories are so good, none gets even close. Hurry up with the next update, I can't wait!

Thanks Oskar!

I think I will need to write Chapter 16 asap. :)

hova- wrote:Chara's a guy I'd not like to play against. He's da man right now and I doubt you can stop the Kings if one of your key guys gets injured.

You play him twice a season and probably got smoked.

Lamrock wrote:Great chapter. So much antipathy between Chara, Durant and Ty. You should try to acquire Chara somehow. Sparks would really fly. :P

How long are your quarters? 72-72 at the half would be high for a Nellieball team!

Currently 7 minute quarters. In this game, it was 8. Pretty high scoring. Chara, Durant, Ty on the same team would be total chaos.

A question to you L-Train, do you remember Chara/Ty's college days?

Houndy wrote:And with Marttis announcement, I'd like to congratulate Sit for winning The double dip; the Story of the Year and Association. Gratz bro

Lamrock wrote:Double double dip, since he won the honors last year as well.

Clutch wrote:'grats and awesome job on the 'double double' (as Lamrock put it) as well; definitely well deserved :applaud:

Thanks guys, unsure whether I should unveil the trophy in here but will post an acceptance post in the voting threads. :)

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR VOTING FOR ME TO WIN THIS...

Last edited by Fresh8 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby dare on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:38 am

Nice chapter man, very good ending. I must say I want to see some brawls in there. Also congrats on winning the Story of the Year (Y)
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Justine. on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:54 am

Congrats on winning the Story of the Year! Very deserving (Y)
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby C-77 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Grats man :D (Y)
|Proud to be a Bedan|Bryan_C. is my cousin|Celtics & Magic fan|Pinoy Ako|

Follow me on Twitter

{♣NBA LIVE IS STILL LIVE!!♣}
C-77
We Do It For The City,We Do It for the fans

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:28 pm

'Grats bro. (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Signs (2002), The Other (1972), Ferrari (2023) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:38 pm

ooooo. nice cliff hanger.
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby The X on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:39 pm

Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:It happens, I've had my share of failings at the buzzer. Including start of the year in back to back games, where I missed one buzzer beater to win the game and also two free throws to break a tied game. As I said, it's life. Just gonna work harder in Summer League and looking forward to playing with our newest recruit The X. :)

Reunion at last? (Y)

Well, he is an original member of the team. :)

Dunno if he's excited to play alongside me again. I will be happy to have a good shooter and decent rebounder for his size to be on the floor with me.

Will be good to play with you again. So on that note, yes, am happy to play with you again. Not so excited about playing with a couple of your teammates but should be good to come in as a role player :P

Congrats on Story of the Year. I'll admit my 1st place vote went to badreligion because of it's longevity & it reminded me of my Live '04 Nuggets offline dynasty, but you did get my 2nd place vote (Y) . Surprised badreligion didn't win Live dynasty of year, probably due to him just sticking to his own dynasty & not networking into others, but ahh well, such is life.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:09 pm

I think you will enjoy playing with an improved me :) I think we will be even tougher to beat with you on the team.

As for Story of the Year, it's cool. Had a feeling you'd like Badreligionau's. I know that his style is more enjoyable to you rather than mine as you are not a fan of the story based threads. Totally understandable.
Fresh8

Postby The X on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:15 pm

Well deserved on Story of Year, you've put in a lot more effort than I think anybody ever has previously in your ALIB II & III Associations :bowdown: Heck, you've defined & inspired many Dynasties and Associations. Previously there was pre-determined formats for dynasties with long recaps & previews & so on. I came in, like dynasties like cocobee's & Honor Glow's, did my own thing as I didn't want to do long recaps & previews & did alright for myself. Got some following & I occasionally see shades of my old dynasties in others. However with you, you went down a completely different path. You were always the story writer (I see myself as a mini one too, more Dr Watson though), you created chapters, linked them up like a novel & carefully created, crafted & manipulated characters along the way. I'm sure not all of that was deliberate & you fell into some of that as you were going along. These days 50%, that's right 50 friggin' percent, of all dynasties seem to have chapter formats. Story-based is now as popular as the traditional recap model. So yep, you've created a new dynasty genre & that's one of the reason why everybody appreciates the effort you go to.

As for my favourite characters from your dynasties, it's gotta be Chara, Gray, Sheed & Watson (of course). I can remember names like Donnell Lawrence & Barney Steele, even though I've probably only read about 10% of your chapters (I do tend to read the Woody Hannes/Willard Smith pieces though). I tend to tune out during regular seasons then tune in during playoffs & off-season, much like Sheed & Shaq :lol:

Anyways, enough rambling, please continue :P

Sit wrote:I think you will enjoy playing with an improved me :) I think we will be even tougher to beat with you on the team.

Don't know about that. As you know well, team chemistry is key. Adding another solid/good player to a good team won't hurt & might help in areas (& hurt in others), but who knows how much of a difference that will make. I think for Hammer Time to move to the next level, you really need a really quality big man (6'6" plus).

Should be fun nevertheless & hope we can win it all in silly season :P I'll be looking for you since you are the hot hand these days :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:43 pm

Thanks X, I have noticed that a lot of stories seem to have a story-based component to them. No one's lasted as long as mine though. I think it's because I've fallen in love with this alternative story arc/virtual reality. I love how Jay Gray has become a fan favorite; surprising because he has not featured much at all. I also love how everyone hated Chara but now some people like him. I don't know if people have learnt to appreciate him because he is different or if it's because he is one of the 'villains' of the story. Everyone loves Sheed of course! And I'm sure everyone likes their own virtual selves. :lol:

I remember my 05 Lakers where I did full recaps for 29 game seasons (keywords: 29 game seasons) and I do remember that afterward I wanted to try something different, so I went with a whole different route. It's funny how a few years down the track, I sort of was a trail blazer and reinvented a way to deliver stories in these sub forums. :)

You're right, I never planned for this to last so long. The concepts of the characters for Tyson and Chara didn't come to me until halfway through the first ALIB story. The answer to who is 'the legend' in the title of this story remains to be answered. But I can assure everyone that this 'answer' has changed multiple times.

I do want to say to everyone that it's a collective effort in keeping this one going. You guys all keep popping in and reading and I enjoy writing my articles. (Y)

The X wrote:
Sit wrote:I think you will enjoy playing with an improved me :) I think we will be even tougher to beat with you on the team.

Don't know about that. As you know well, team chemistry is key. Adding another solid/good player to a good team won't hurt & might help in areas (& hurt in others), but who knows how much of a difference that will make. I think for Hammer Time to move to the next level, you really need a really quality big man (6'6" plus).

Should be fun nevertheless & hope we can win it all in silly season :P I'll be looking for you since you are the hot hand these days :P

I'd prefer to be the 'steady' hand rather than hot hand :)

You are right, Hammer Time needs a center. As for quality, doesn't even need to be quality. As long as he is rebounding and capable of being a threat on offense, we can win - the proviso being that everyone plays within the bounds of the offense.
Fresh8

Postby The X on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:59 pm

Sit wrote:Thanks X, I have noticed that a lot of stories seem to have a story-based component to them. No one's lasted as long as mine though. I think it's because I've fallen in love with this alternative story arc/virtual reality. I love how Jay Gray has become a fan favorite; surprising because he has not featured much at all.

I don't know if you noticed, but a good portion of my posts in ALIB II & III admired Jay Gray's game. I think it caught on :P I've liked him since the Bucks were willing to give the keys of the franchise to him & trade away Bogut, that was big for me (Y)

Sit wrote:The answer to who is 'the legend' in the title of this story remains to be answered. But I can assure everyone that this 'answer' has changed multiple times.

I often wondered this myself. At times I thought it was Durant, then I thought hold on, Tyson might become it, then I was like no, it's Chara. But none of those 3 have won a title. In the end, I think it's a question that is not meant to be answered, just like Sam Beckett was never suppose to get home in Quantum Leap.

Sit wrote:You are right, Hammer Time needs a center. As for quality, doesn't even need to be quality. As long as he is rebounding and capable of being a threat on offense, we can win - the proviso being that everyone plays within the bounds of the offense.

When I said quality, it was relative to our divisions. What you described is a quality big man for our division. They are hard to come by & you will note that every division winner tends to have one. It's no coincidence.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:19 pm

Anyone is better than a grossly undersized Devin (who won't be playing Summer League apparantly) and our own Yi Jianlian. :)

Too bad Big Brian is in the middle of Queensland.

X wrote:I don't know if you noticed, but a good portion of my posts in ALIB II & III admired Jay Gray's game. I think it caught on :P I've liked him since the Bucks were willing to give the keys of the franchise to him & trade away Bogut, that was big for me

Also, I had noticed that you were loving Jay Gray. I'm comfortable with saying that you are his first fan. I think everyone thought that the Bogut trade was a total rip off of the Bucks but people didn't understand the awesomeness of Jay Gray. Glad you picked up on it. (Y) I do remember that I originally portrayed him like a Tim Duncan sorta guy but in the end realised that he was 6'9"/6'8" and had to change the way I described how he plays.

For the record, he's Tim Duncan's personality with a young Charles Barkley kind of game.
Fresh8

Postby The X on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:22 pm

I still think of him as Mr. Fundamental. Doesn't matter what you write, he's just a slightly smaller version of him :lol:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame