A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Mavs @ Kings Game 1: The Real Sto

Postby George7 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:08 pm

27 points for Lai!
Valor your player has some serious potential!
George7

Postby Valor on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Sit wrote:In 2006 when I first came up with his character, I tried to model him after a Larry Bird type of player. He turned out to be a superfreak. :lol:

You got that right.....

George7 wrote:27 points for Lai!
Valor your player has some serious potential!

Hope he can keep it up (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:29 pm

Sorry but Valor doesn't replicate his hot start. Unfortunately.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby |)e8* on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:52 pm

Nah I'm not Chara fan just not a Mavs fan haha
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:35 am

Tyson, Iverson Power Stealth To Game 2 Win
Game 2, Second Round, 2013 NBA playoffs: Golden State Warriors at Seattle Stealth 112-138 (Seattle leads 2-0)
Preview | Boxscore | Recap | Highlights

MAY 3, SEATTLE (AP) – Reshawn Tyson scored 39 points and dished out 7 assists, leading Seattle to a crushing Game 2 win. Allen Iverson continued with his strong play off the Stealth bench as he poured in 29 points. Head Coach Will Sit praised his two shooting guards for their scoring prowess, “They were like a tag team out there tonight. It was a lot of fun to see them like that.”

Kevin Durant, who finished with 16 points, was happy that his teammates stepped up. “My guys were on fire tonight. I didn’t have to work too hard,” Durant stated, “I’m saving myself up for the next round. They better watch out. We’re going to be there.” Stealth captain Jason Kidd did a magnificent job orchestrating the offence as he picked up 12 assists along with 12 points and 7 rebounds.

Seattle cruised to victory after a 48-26 second quarter broke open the game. Tyson and Iverson even combined on one play to bring the house down. On a Stealth breakaway, Iverson converted a no-look pass to Tyson for an alley-oop slam. The jam came in the middle of a Seattle 12-0 run and prompted the Golden State Warriors to take a timeout in order to try and gain control of the game.

Corey Maggette led the Warriors with 25 points. Monta Ellis showed his craftiness in getting to the rim as he rattled up 22 points. Louis Nixon finished with a double double of 19 points, 10 assists and Sasha Vujacic put up 12 from off the bench.

The series shifts back to Golden State and Ellis is confident that they can square up the series at home. “We just got to take it one game at a time,” Ellis said, “But I’m pretty sure we can come back to Seattle with the series tied.” Ellis is looking forward to returning to play at Oracle Arena, “I am looking forward to getting back home and playing in front of our fans.”

Notes: Coach Sit wasn’t happy that the Stealth made it so easy for the Warriors to score. He wants to see a better effort in Game 3… Durant was wearing a shirt that read ‘My Team’ and announced that similar shirts would be on sale on his website… Seattle remained undefeated at home this postseason…

Box Score wrote:Seattle Stealth

SG Reshawn Tyson: 39 points, 4 rebounds, 7 assists, 1 steal, 14-19 FG, 3-4 3PT, 8-8 FT
SG Allen Iverson: 29 points, 10-17 FG, 3-5 3PT, 6-7 FT
SF Kevin Durant: 16 points, 7 rebounds, 6-13 FG, 1-4 3PT, 3-3 FT
PG Jason Kidd: 12 points, 12 assists, 7 rebounds

Golden State Warriors

SF Corey Maggette: 25 points, 7-9 FG, 1-1 3PT, 10-11 FT
SG Monta Ellis: 22 points, 5 assists, 10-20 FG
PG Louis Nixon: 19 points, 10 assists
SG Sasha Vujacic: 12 points

NBA.com wrote:Around-The-League Wrap-Up: Game 2

Western Conference

Mavs 100 (Nash 23 pts, 7 ast, Turkoglu 21 pts, Nowitzki 19 pts, Lai 4 pts)
@
Kings 102 (Redd 29 pts, Jefferson 22 pts, 11 reb, Chara 11 pts, 10 reb, 11 ast)

[Series tied 1-1]

Eastern Conference

Bucks 97 (Conley 19 pts, 9 ast, Villanueva, Washburn 18 pts, Gray 15 pts, 11 reb, 6 ast)
@
Hawks 93 (Ginobili 17 pts, , Smith 15 pts, 13 reb, Bargnani 15 pts, 7 reb, 6 ast)

[Series tied 1-1]

Nets 93 (Anthony 25 pts, Yi 20 pts, 8 reb, Felton 12 pts)
@
Cavs 133 (James 26 pts, 8 ast, 6 reb, 6 stl, Gay 24 pts, 12 reb, Gibson 24 pts)

[Cavs lead series 2-0]
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Game 2

Postby Lamrock on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:48 am

Bucks steal homecourt advantage! :applaud:

Congrats on the win. I see the Warriors are still defensively inept. :P
Lamrock

Postby Houndy on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:55 am

Yeah, go Stealth! WE BELIEVE!
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:08 am

Lamrock wrote:Bucks steal homecourt advantage! :applaud:

Congrats on the win. I see the Warriors are still defensively inept. :P

The Warriors still play Don Nelson-style I guess.

And it was good to see your side take Game 2. (Y)

Houndy wrote:Yeah, go Stealth! WE BELIEVE!

Thanks Hondo. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby megarover on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:20 am

Damn the Cavs just demolished the Nets big time.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:28 am

Great wins :D And Game 2, what a beating!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Alpha_ on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:09 am

2-0 haha. a one sided ball game.. hope ur team will also do the same thing in game 3.
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby puttincomputers on Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:52 pm

nice jersey houndy!
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Valor on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Bring out the brooms cause the Stealth are gonna sweep! (Y)

and damn, did Chara mark me personally or what? That's horrible :shake:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby dare on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:17 pm

Lets face it Warriors will never learn how to play defense :lol:

On the Mavs-Kings, I assume that Chara did not score much to shut down Lai. 27 points to 7 points. Nice to see Bucks win.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Valor on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:38 pm

4 :wink:

On a side note, would love to see J-Kidd get a playoff triple double at the age of 40 :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Good win, if you manage to grab the next, I guess it will be a sweep. Chara again with a decent game, triple double! This time the Kings made it. I should root for my Mavs though. Also good to see the Bucks winning one.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby kaiser_kobe on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:01 pm

wow, the Nets were crushed :evil:

the warrior should have some D. 'coz they got "the machine". :?
See it and tell me what you think.

Toys for the Big Boys.
kaiser_kobe

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:24 pm

Just a note to everyone, Leo Lai usually only plays about 10 minutes a game. :lol:

You should be surprised bout his 27 points, not his 4!

Chara's lack of points can be attributed to Kenneth Dela Cruz's All-Defensive First Team skills
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Sit wrote:Just a note to everyone, Leo Lai usually only plays about 10 minutes a game. :lol:

So I scored 27 in 10 minutes? :lol: Just wait till i get the starting nod and 40 minutes a game then!
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:Just a note to everyone, Leo Lai usually only plays about 10 minutes a game. :lol:

So I scored 27 in 10 minutes? :lol: Just wait till i get the starting nod and 40 minutes a game then!

Leo Lai usually plays 10 minutes a game. In that 27 point game, you got to play more than that and you were on fire. It happens once in a while. It was an 'unusual' game.

If you were good, you'd be starting ahead of Chris Douglas-Roberts.

Sorry, gotta wait till next season. :P
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby |)e8* on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Go AI!
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:44 pm

Interview With Will Sit
Posted May 4, 2013 - NBA.com

The Seattle Stealth were a born-again franchise after the collapse of the Seattle Sonics and subsequent fail of starting up the Oklahoma City Thunder. With the humble beginnings came the hiring of a little known General Manager. Will Sit was picked up by the Stealth at a bargain basement price. He was hired for his confidence and promise to build a team that would be in the playoffs within three seasons. The Stealth made it in two.

Sit traded his suit for a team tracksuit as he made his way from the front office to the gym floor. In his first season as Head Coach, Sit led the Stealth to their first ever Western Conferences Finals appearance. The following year, Sit’s vision paid off as the team added two lottery picks to their already loaded roster. This ‘super roster’ has just finished the 2012-13 regular season as the number 1 team in the league with 59 wins.

Coming off a first round triumph over the Portland Blazers and currently locked in battle with the Golden State Warriors, Coach Sit was able to take some time out and answer some questions for our fans.

- - -

shadowgrin (Phillipines): If there's one player from another team you want to have on your roster, who would it be? If the players on your roster were involved in a fantasy draft and all of them were in their prime, who would you pick first?

ImageSit: I’m very comfortable with the guys on my roster. I think it would be very unprofessional to discuss any hypotheticals. There are some talented players in the NBA but I think we have very talented guys too. We have a great group of players whether it is Kevin (Durant) or Jason (Kidd). Even Trevor (Ariza), Jao (Wu) and Rocky (Akonnor) are great players. I’m lucky to have this group and I wouldn’t really wish for any other guy to join us.

As for the fantasy draft idea – Can I go back in time and pick Jason Kidd? I really have to give my pick to Durant. He’s the face of this franchise. There aren’t many guys in this league who are sure-fire guys to pick to start a team with. It’s good that I have Kevin here. He’s a 4 time NBA scoring champion and he’s still so young. He’s entering the prime of his career and it’s scary how much better he could be. I’d definitely go with him. After that, I’d probably have to tossup between Andrew Bogut and Reshawn Tyson.

- - -

George7 (Greece): Does succeeding too young has a negative effect for you or you think you can handle all the pressure and fame it involves? Do the Stealth have that "Champions' Medal" in order to succeed in the playoffs?

ImageSit: Being successful young is great. I’m lucky I’m not a Hollywood star and I sure don’t live the high life. Coming up from my days at 7-11 really make me humble when I think back to it. I do like to think it’s had more of a positive effect on me. I can share my success and use it for the greater good. (Just throwing out a plug for my team’s community service commitment this past season. We’re hoping to make more kids smile next year!)

My guys are a good mix of ages and also at different stages in their career. Collectively, we all want to win and I think we have that championship mentality. Only time will tell if we win it all though. As Coach, I obviously want my guys to do it.

- - -

King Dee (Philippines): Do you consider yourself as one of the best coaches in the NBA history? Chuck Daly, Red Auerbach, Phil Jackson and Red Holzman. Those are some of the best coaches in the NBA history. In your opinion, who's the best among those four coaches? Do you ever change your mind after you chose coaching instead of playing basketball?

ImageSit: I’m not one of the best coaches in the NBA. I’m just blessed to be coaching this kind of talent. The play of the players speaks for themselves and not for me. All I do is make sure the rotations are right. As for the best coach, everyone should know that I have a soft spot for Phil. I grew up watching the Lakers and I have to be honest that I like Phil the most out of your list.

As for being a player, I wish I was one. I just never had an opportunity. I’m not like Nate Robinson, I think that’s pretty much a big barrier to being a pro player.

- - -

Megarover (USA): What teams do you think pose a challenge in your championship goals? How is it to work with Former All-Star and NBA Superstar Rasheed Wallace?

ImageSit: Sheed is an honour to work. George and I really needed another voice in the locker room on our side and Sheed has quite an influence on the rest of the team.

Every team we play is going to be a challenge. I wouldn’t be able to say who are the biggest threats. Any team that advances far enough to face us is going to be worthy to face us. We count our blessings every time we knock off each one.

- - -

Houndy (USA): Which would you choose? LeBron or Chara.

ImageSit: Kevin Durant is better than both of them. My guy should have won MVP.

- - -

Dare (Philippines): 1. What do you love more being a GM or a Coach? 2. There are so many rumors that Reshawn Tyson is leaving the team, what are your thoughts about this? 3. At a young age, any chance to be a player/coach?

ImageSit: Ok, I will answer your questions in order.

1. I just love to be in the NBA. If I had to choose between GM and Coach, I’d say Coach. I love to be a part of the action. The atmosphere is amazing. Obviously, I’d love to be like Pat Riley and get the best of both worlds but I don’t have that luxury!

2. I don’t want to get into that. Reshawn is a Stealth right now so I really think we should all keep that as the focus. Whatever plans that exist for after the playoffs should be discussed then and not now.

3. I may be young but I’m also a midget.

- - -

George7 (Greece): Is Kevin Durant the captain at the team or Jason Kidd with his experience deserve this more? Do you plan to maintain this winning, as it seems, squad or some roster shake-ups are in mind?

ImageSit: Wow, you must be really keen to ask so many questions! Jason is our team’s captain. Kevin didn’t take the captaincy and just wanted to focus on his basketball. You can also see that everyone really tunes in to listen to Jason. Even Allen (Iverson) does. As for winning, I am always motivated to win. Roster moves by the front office are only to help solidify our roster so no matter what they do, the aim is always to simply win ball games.

- - -

Valor (Hong Kong): How does having a veteran point guard like Jason Kidd on the floor help you in coaching the team?

ImageSit: Jason is another coach on the floor. He does a tremendous job in his role.

- - -

De8 (Australia): Will you change your hairstyle?

ImageSit: The mohawk is long gone! For now.

- - -

puttincomputers (USA): How is your relationship with Sheed?

ImageSit: Let’s just say that he now understands who is the boss. Every time he mucks around, I just get the team to run laps. He’s like a player on the team and he could still play if he wanted to. He’s just lazy. It’s good that he’s working with me though. It keeps him out of trouble.

- - -

Lamrock (USA): Provided the Stealth keep all three, how much of a problem will touches be in a potential Wu/Tyson/Durant backcourt?

ImageSit: Well I have Allen (Iverson) playing with Tyson and Durant. I don’t think it’s much of a problem. The thing with Wu is that he has to learn to be more of a playmaker instead of looking for his own shot. I just have not seen enough willingness on his behalf to pass the rock to really earn major minutes. I know that I’ve coped a bit of flack for this but my decision to play certain guys ahead of him have always been for the benefit of the team. I think Wu is a great talent and he could even play at the 2 for us but he’s just not ready for the NBA just yet.

- - -

Justine. (Philippines): How is it feels to be winning the Coach of the Year award? Does this achievement of yours now is motivating you and can keep you to coach the Stealth next year?

ImageSit: Nice to see some female fans of the game! It’s a great feeling to be Coach of the Year but I really owe my award to the players and my team. Without them, it wouldn’t have been possible. I am under contract for a while so I am 100% focussed to coaching Seattle.

- - -

NBA.com: Alright, we will have to stop it here. Once again Coach, thanks for chatting with us today and good luck for the rest of the postseason!
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - NBA.com Interview

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:31 am

Great interview with Sit :applaud:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:31 am

Nice to see some female fans of the game!

:lol:

Good interview. Love the pic choice for Sit.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:06 am

Thierry • wrote:Great interview with Sit :applaud:

Lamrock wrote:
Nice to see some female fans of the game!

:lol:

Good interview. Love the pic choice for Sit.

Thanks guys. It was a lot of fun being virtual Sit :lol:

And thank you for your questions. I hope I answered some of them well! :)
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame