A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Updates :)

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:44 am

Sit wrote:Sorry Janis. There's no I or MY in team. (N)

Not that I agree with them, but just a fun quote from my man MJ "There's no I in team, but there's I in Win" :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:12 am

But you and him are Team Germany teammates. Wouldn't it be fun?
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Martti. on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:22 am

Hurry up, I want to know my decision. (Sorry for the LeBron reference)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:43 am

Love how Hannes responded :lol:
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:04 am

Watson 50-50 On Rockets Return

HOUSTON, June 20 (AP) – New Zealand shooting guard Andrew Watson will test free agency despite limited interest from other NBA teams. The Rockets will fight hard to keep him in town despite Watson being unhappy at the beginning of last season.

Watson has given Houston hope after recently stating, “I know I had a bit of a whinge but that’s all over now. I’m ready to work hard this Summer and if I am back, I want to try and help lead the team to the playoffs. I owe it to the Big Fella (Yao Ming).” Watson also commented on the Rockets’ positive draft position, “We didn’t win that number 1 pick but we do have two top 10 picks. It’s going to be interesting to see who we will get.”

Watson had his worst season last season since joining the league at the age of 28. He has teamed up with recently retired Steve Nash to work on his conditioning. Teams that are said to be interested in Watson’s services are Milwaukee, New Orleans and Cleveland. However, it would require a sign and trade for these sides to acquire him. There are also a slew of European teams keenly watching Watson’s movements.

Read More…

Must To Rejects Grizzlies, To Test Free Agency

MEMPHIS, June 20 (AP) – Martti Must is coming off a career year averaging 20 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists a game and today informed the Memphis Grizzlies that he would not be back. Must has stated that it was time for him to move on and felt that Memphis was not the team for him.

“I want to play with another All-Star,” Must said, “Memphis was good to me but I want to win soon. We’ve missed the playoffs two times in a row and I don’t like to be blamed for it.” Must thouhgt he was a scapegoat for the Grizzlies’ trouble despite being their best big man since Pau Gasol. Ironically, Gasol gave Must advice about free agency and the Grizzlies.

Two seasons ago, the Grizzlies were surprisingly near the top of the Western Conference before fizzling out and missing the postseason. Last season, they missed the playoffs by just a handful of games. Both seasons saw Must crying after the last game of the season giving him the reputation and nickname of ‘Crybaby’.

Must is hoping to distance himself from that with a new team, “I’m ready for a new start. I’m ready to make the playoffs.” Teams that have expressed interest and have the cap space to sign him are Toronto, Phoenix, Charlotte and Orlando.

Read More…

Mark Moore Commits To Hornets

NEW ORLEANS, June 20 (AP) – Once free agents are allowed to officially sign for NBA teams, Mark Moore will put his autograph on the dotted line for a new contract with the New Orleans Hornets. Moore has verbally committed to staying in New Orleans where he believes Chris Paul can lead the franchise to another NBA championship.

The four year shooting guard from New Zealand and who played his college basketball at Arizona is an All-Star caliber player. The Hornets saved him in the middle of last season by trading for him and rescuing him out of Charlotte Bobcats Purgatory. Since joining the Hornets, Moore has helped the side get a number 2 berth in the playoffs. He can’t wait to see what he can do over a full season.

Moore is known for his training regimes that keep him fit for the entire NBA season. He is one of the best conditioned players in the league and has a team mentality despite having skills that could translate into All-Star numbers. He has never scored more than 20 points a game due to his unselfish nature. It made him a great fit for New Orleans and had Paul gushing one game into his Hornets’ career, “I was amazed by how well he (Moore) played. I love the trade.”

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - NLSC Free Agency Update

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:08 am

Moore stays, others leave
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:12 am

Houndy wrote:Moore stays, others leave

He already said he's staying. Not much of a prediction. And Must has said he's leaving. Not much of a prediction.
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:16 am

That was a basic summary of the fa's.

Followup Article: James and others voice opinions about Hannes
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:42 am

ESPN Conducts Legal Action

NEW YORK, June 20 (AP) – ESPN and one of their reporters, Woody Hannes, have sought legal action against Lebron James, Cleveland Cavaliers and a Cleveland newspaper after it was alleged that Hannes was a source in a story about the Cavs appealing to the NBA for the final 3.7 seconds of Game 7 of the NBA Finals to be replayed.

In the suit, it stated that the allegations were grossly unfounded and that it was a slight on the reputation of the sports network. The complainants have been awarded an injunction on the topic to be reported in the media. It is believed that the parties will negotiate on a settlement.

Read More…

Stern: No Replay

NEW YORK, June 21 (AP) – The NBA has released a statement saying that the final 3.7 seconds of Game 7 in the NBA Finals will not be replayed. NBA commissioner told media on the eve of the NBA Draft that, “This is all in the game of basketball. No one makes perfect calls and we can’t dissect and look at every single play under a microscope. If there was a foul, it would have been called.”

Read More…

i.e. No more articles on this matter. Thank you.
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:05 am

Exactly, it's just like replaying some World Cup games because of some goals disallowed, and the tecnology they want to apply now so that doesn't happen anymore. All sports are in contact with mistakes and will happen from now on until forever :lol:

Man, can you tell me my Pacers jersey number?????
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:14 am

I love making that up... Now it's time for article 2
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:15 am

Thierry • wrote:Exactly, it's just like replaying some World Cup games because of some goals disallowed, and the tecnology they want to apply now so that doesn't happen anymore. All sports are in contact with mistakes and will happen from now on until forever :lol:

Man, can you tell me my Pacers jersey number?????

I will when I power up the Xbox. :P

One exam left.

Be patient man :P
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:16 am

Houndy wrote:I love making that up... Now it's time for article 2

I hope you're this active for the whole season.
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:40 am

I'm active, trust me :D You like the stuff I make up?
Houndy

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:57 am

Players release their opinion of Woody Hannes
Players have recently announced their displeasure and love for Woody Hannes, one of ESPN's journalists.

After Hannes called a LeBron James a "sore loser", players from other teams have responded with their opinions of the highly acclaimed journalist.

"That guy? He needs to actually try basketball man, he calls me a crybaby when he's crying to his lawyers about being called a source." said LeBron James, responding to Hannes calling him out.

"Does that guy know that all we want is fairness. I understand that it won't be replayed, but for God's sake, at least admit there was an elbow to [Joakim] Noah's guts."

Noah was seen on the ground, grabbing his stomach in pain at the end of the game. Replay does show Al Jefferson shoving an elbow into his stomach, and the NBA has fined Jefferson $50,000 for his actions.

Other players have released their opinion about Hannes.

"That guy is biased," says Jay Gray of the Bucks. "Sure, he complimented me for my stellar play, but you see crap about [Kevin] Durant, and nothing but love for [Moses] Chara."

"Hannes is a good journalist. He looks for the facts, nothing else." said Reshawn Tyson, who obviously didn't care about the question.

"You know, Woody is a nice guy, he just needs to watch his words," said Will Sit, General Manager of the Seattle Stealth. "The lawsuit by ESPN was stupid though."

"I like Hannes, but he shouldn't be taking shots at players like that," said 1st-round hopeful Willie Lewis. "LeBron a crybaby? He needs to see Martii Must breaking down."

"No comment." said Moses Chara, who did not answer any questions about Hannes.

"Biased as hell." replied Kevin Durant to our text.

Last but not least, Number 1 pick Coby Clark was asked this question during a draft press conference.

"Who?"
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:00 pm

Gray: Taken Out Of Context

June 21 (AP) – Jay Gray has stated that he was grossly taken out of context in a recent article about his opinion of ESPN.com writer Woody Hannes. The Bucks forward, on holiday in Europe, returned a call and stated that he never said anything to the effect that has been reported.

"I don't know where people get these ideas. Woody Hannes is a top guy," Gray stated, "I think people need to back off of him. He's one of the most approachable guys in his business."

Read More…

Lebron James Fined 200K

CLEVELAND, June 22 (AP) – Lebron James has been fined $200, 000 for his recent comments about Woody Hannes and ESPN. The League has punished him for putting at jeopardy the NBA's partnership with several media outlets and have banned him from interviews with media until further notice. The NBA are in crisis control as a fall out to the Cavs' Game 7 loss and subsequent appeal for the final 3.7 seconds of Game 7 to be replayed.

Read More…

Sit: The Appeal Was Ridiculous

SEATTLE, June 22 (AP) – Seattle Stealth GM Will Sit has come out stating that he never called the ESPN lawsuit to be ridiculous. "The media has a role to play and those guys are doing their jobs," he stated, "To make up fake sources is pretty much lying. Someone has to be punished and restrained from continuing to do this. You know what was ridiculous? The Cavs trying to replay the final 3.7 seconds of Game 7. Now that is ridiculous!"

Sit said, "If I were to act like the Cavs, I'd ask for every loss that we had to be replayed. This is sport for crying out loud. Sometime you win, sometimes you lose. Someone tell them to get over it."

Sit was also supportive of Woody Hannes and ESPN, "They should do whatever they do to protect their own rights."

Read More…

Ok Hondo, you've had your go. No more posting on this topic. If you're going to write something constructive, I will need to ask a mod to delete your posts. Thank you.
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:02 pm

I really did not like the whole 3 seconds thing. Maybe that's more Houndy's than your fault Sit. Just did not like it at all ...

Hope to see more about the really important thing i.e. FA's decisions etc.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:08 pm

hova- wrote:I really did not like the whole 3 seconds thing. Maybe that's more Houndy's than your fault Sit. Just did not like it at all ...

Hope to see more about the really important thing i.e. FA's decisions etc.

Well, I had to cancel it out - you know what I'm saying. :P

Real stuff coming soon. :)
Fresh8

Postby Justine. on Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Just got off from a long break. Got to read those updates, shame on losing to the CF man. Hoping I can sneak into the first round however. Still loving the articles and stuffs.
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:13 pm

That was fun :D

Anyway, the matter is over for now
Houndy

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:19 pm

If you wrote something constructive or showed that you knew what this thread was about, I'd be fine with that but you didn't. Hondo, I would ask that you respect me and stop posting when I ask you to. You overstepped the line dude. (N)
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:24 pm

Sorry bro, really didn't mean to. I think I shouldn't have done the opinion shit though, that was too far. Agreed?
Houndy

Postby The X on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:42 pm

Watson 50-50 On Rockets Return

HOUSTON, June 20 (AP) – New Zealand shooting guard Andrew Watson will test free agency despite limited interest from other NBA teams. The Rockets will fight hard to keep him in town despite Watson being unhappy at the beginning of last season.

Watson has given Houston hope after recently stating, “I know I had a bit of a whinge but that’s all over now. I’m ready to work hard this Summer and if I am back, I want to try and help lead the team to the playoffs. I owe it to the Big Fella (Yao Ming).” Watson also commented on the Rockets’ positive draft position, “We didn’t win that number 1 pick but we do have two top 10 picks. It’s going to be interesting to see who we will get.”

Watson had his worst season last season since joining the league at the age of 28. He has teamed up with recently retired Steve Nash to work on his conditioning. Teams that are said to be interested in Watson’s services are Milwaukee, New Orleans and Cleveland. However, it would require a sign and trade for these sides to acquire him. There are also a slew of European teams keenly watching Watson’s movements.

Read More…

Nice, I'm thinking it's gonna be a great season for me in Houston. I unfortunately let my personal feelings of disappointment with how the Nuggets' team fell apart unfairly put a dark cloud of my first season with the Rockets, which wasn't fair on their great organisation & its loyal fans.

I will look back on my Nuggets' playing days with fond memories, as I had a strong rookie campaign (18, 5 & 4), garnered All-Star snub status on my way to All-Rookie 1st Team honours. I followed that up with a strong showing at the World Championships. How quickly it unfolded in Denver. I took it a bit hard, we had a great team & a great shot at the title in 2010/11 but I got injured just before the playoffs & we got knocked out by Warriors 4-2. I didn't even get to help my teammates & that stung. After that, the team disintegrated.

I now understand that the NBA is a business & am 100% committed to coming back to Houston, if they want me back, and being the professional that I was previously renowned for & leading them back to the playoffs.

Searched back through ALIB II to make sure I had some of my facts correct. I liked some of old school things you did in that Association (Y)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:51 pm

What things did you like for ALIB II?
Fresh8

Postby The X on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:57 pm

Sit wrote:What things did you like for ALIB II?

I like the pics looked like photos with the white matting around it. There seemed to be a bit more Around The League coverage. I think you had a little less story, a little more Association. I guess from my perspective I've always liked your Association & little blerb (is that a word?) updates rather than your actual chapters. I skip the chapters, read the blerbs, the articles etc.

I also liked the fact that I thought Donnell Lawrence would go ahead of Moses Chara :lol: :whistle:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame