A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - BLOCKBUSTER TRADE!

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:21 pm

hova- wrote:Good deal for the Kings and their "real" King. Bad to see him fucking it up in the ASG. But his teammates just sucked :D I really want to say how cool this thing still is, this is really a DYNASTY, because you are up to build a fictional 5-10 year stretch which could be seen as a real part of NBA history. Lovin it ;)

Thanks for dropping by man. I'm very happy you're still reading! :) And I hope I don't fail to lose your interest in the story!

Lamrock wrote:
hova- wrote:Good deal for the Kings and their "real" King. Bad to see him fucking it up in the ASG. But his teammates just sucked :D I really want to say how cool this thing still is, this is really a DYNASTY, because you are up to build a fictional 5-10 year stretch which could be seen as a real part of NBA history. Lovin it ;)

Seconded. This is truly something special you've created. This is truly the epitome of a great dynasty, and is the dynasty bar.

Thanks L-Train. Both you and hova and a few select others are to thank. You guys have been there since ALIB II and some since ALIB. So don't praise me, the praise goes to the readers and followers for keeping this going. (Y)

Martti. wrote:So the bad news to Durant and Ty was that the Kings got Big Al? Damn you, I thought maybe Durant was go e or smtg.

Everyone is in for a surprise cause there are two surprises. :)

shadowgrin wrote:Mr. Bogut will take care of Jeffe.

Bogut + David Lee > Shaq + Al
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: A Legend Is Born III - BLOCKBUSTER TRADE!

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:21 pm

February 19, 2012
Trade Reaction: Al Jefferson To Sacramento
By Willard Smith

Sacramento Kings Receive Al Jefferson, Rudolph Gibbs

The Kings could have got more for Kevin Martin but they settled for a deal that looks smart on the surface. Kevin Martin is in the last year of his contract and he could have walked away from the Kings at the end of the season. There were rumors that Martin has never been happy playing alongside Moses Chara and he wanted out of Sacramento. He felt that he deserved a bigger role; all of this despite being the second best player on the Kings.

This deal for Jefferson (17 ppg, 9 rpg, 1.8 bpg) makes a lot of sense in many respects. He is just 28 and made his All-Star debut last week. The Kings have a very talented backcourt; the subtraction of Martin from the roster should not hurt so much. Any nostalgic feelings left by Martin’s absence should be made up by the addition and presence of Jefferson. The Kings have no depth in the frontcourt and after Shaq retires after this season, they would have had nobody. The Wolves had given up on Jefferson and this was the green light for the Kings to pounce.

Jefferson is the kind of big man that Chara would love to have on his team. A double double threat who is suited to a half court game, Jefferson is expected to make an impact in Sacramento and give Chara his first quality NBA big man to play alongside. The move will see Michael Redd make a return to the starting five next to Shaq, Jefferson, Chara and Russell Westbrook.

(Note: The Kings did try to get Mike Bibby as well but were unsuccessful due to his outrageous salary. However, the former King is expected to be interested in making a comeback to Sacramento when his contract is up soon.)

Trade Grade: B+

Minnesota Timberwolves Receive Kevin Martin, Nick Collison

The Wolves got the best player that they could get, given the bad reputation that Al Jefferson had built up after years of defensive lapses and questionable work ethic. 30 year old Kevin Martin (22 ppg, 4 rpg, 1.2 spg) gives the Wolves a surefire starter at the SG spot where there has been much drama surrounding Rashad McCants and Stephen Jackson. The smooth scorer should be a big boost to the Wolves and this deal puts into motion GM David Kahn’s vision of making Janis Kalnins the number one option in the frontcourt.

If the experiment of Martin does not work out for the Wolves, they have the option of not re-signing him during the off-season. Martin and Bibby’s expiring contracts were major sweeteners in agreeing to off-loading Jefferson; whom the team had banked on to be a star since trading Kevin Garnett for him years ago.

The throw-in of Nick Collison isn’t bad either. They get a solid 10 year pro who will give the team a decent player on both ends of the floor. He is a veteran who will bring something to the Wolves locker room.

The Wolves couldn’t have asked for more from any team. Martin was the best player that was offered in exchange for Jefferson. The team is either going to sign Martin to a new deal or sign a max-contract player in the Summer; both are win-win situations.

Trade Grade: A+
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Ball Don't Lie Trade Analysis

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:01 am

I just realised that my All-Star photos are too big on a smaller screen because my monitor at home is huge... so I will fix that up when I get the chance.

Just finalising the next draft class, if you would like to join - please PM me... so far I have clutch, dare, chris0o and maybe 1 more person. If anyone wants to join, it's your last chance because this is my last NLSC draft class! Also, if you are a current NLSCer and I do not include in the monthly recaps just pm me and I will start to follow you again otherwise it's just a waste of my time!

Cheerio!
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - NLSC draftees - if you are intere

Postby Eirsej on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:32 am

sent you my info :D
Eirsej

Postby puttincomputers on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Sit wrote:I just realised that my All-Star photos are too big on a smaller screen because my monitor at home is huge... so I will fix that up when I get the chance.

Cheerio!

The zoom in and zoom out feature works wonderfully for that if someone does have problem. I actually think the pics are the perfect size! (Y)
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby |)e8* on Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:43 pm

how bout me?
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:34 pm

Sit wrote:my monitor at home is huge...

Cocky bastard.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:51 pm

De8 wrote:how bout me?

Yeah, you're already in!

shadowgrin wrote:
Sit wrote:my monitor at home is huge...

Cocky bastard.

Just like my idol. (Y)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:53 pm

Chapter 8

Reshawn Tyson dropped the phone. The words of the nurse echoed through his mind. She was gone and there was nothing he could do about it. And once again in his life, everything that he had achieved and everything that he had meant nothing to him. Nothing was going to bring her back.
“What do I do,” Ty said to himself.
The news was so shocking that he couldn’t even force himself to cry even though he really wanted to. For years, he had held out for a miracle that his high school sweetheart would wake up. But the hope was very slim and Ty knew this day was coming. Now that it had hit, he did not know where to go next. Then the tears started to roll down his cheeks. The guilt started to swell up in him and the rage was starting to build.
“It’s my fault...” Ty stammered as he got out of bed.
“It’s my fault!” he screamed as he threw an empty glass into his bathroom mirror.
He cowered and fell in a heap at the entrance to his bathroom. He lied back against the wall and began to break down. If it wasn’t for me, she wouldn’t be gone, he kept thinking to himself.

“You’ve got to be joking!”
Sit was pissed off, “I already told you I don’t want him on my team!”
He was pacing the length of his office with the loudspeaker on. George Karl, Rasheed Wallace and Jason Kidd were listening in on the conversation.
“No, no no! I already told you that this is the most load of crap I have ever heard!”
It was the general manager on the phone, “Will, we know that you’re upset but I’ve made the decision already. Can we please stop arguing?”
“No, what about you go fuck yourself?”
“Come on, he’s not that bad!”
“Washed up. He’s washed up! He doesn’t have much time left in the league. What are we going to get out of him? Like two more seasons and a lot of headaches! He’s going to screw up the team dynamics, my rotation. And you’re taking away quality team players for this to happen,” Sit argued.
“This is going to boost the team’s popularity.”
“Not if we’re losing,” Sit debated.
The GM cut him off, “We’re doing the trade whether you like it or not.”
“I’m quitting if you do this,” Sit threatened, with a hint of sarcasm in his voice – the only semi-light hearted moment of the phone call.
The GM laughed, “I think it’s a pretty safe bet you won’t be.”
And with that the call was over and Sit sat down in his chair.
“At least we get a veteran player who’s going to help us win games,” Coach Karl said.
“I don’t think he can win games for us. He’s going to lose them,” Sit stated.
“He’s not that bad. I know him pretty well and he is a good person and player,” Karl argued.
Kidd spoke up, “I have to say that the move probably isn’t half bad. We’re definitely going to look a lot better on paper.”
Sheed was playing on his iPhone and yelled, “Yes! I broke my record!”
Everyone looked at him and Sheed gave them a huge grin, “I win!”

Ty was trying to keep his gaze focused on the road but he found it difficult. His eyelids were feeling heavy and he couldn’t help but feel that the world was spinning in his head. He pushed his foot harder onto the accelerator and could feel the car speed up; he had to be speeding. Ty looked to his right at the passenger seat and smiled. She was sound asleep. Suddenly, Ty’s eyes were wide open; he must have passed out for a few seconds. A bright set of lights blinded him and he tried to swerve to one side.
“Man…” Ty groaned as he regained consciousness.
Blood dripped down the side of his head and he could feel that he was lying sideways. The cold pavement was all he could feel on the side of his face.

With shades hiding his eyes, Ty hopped out of the back of the black SUV. He took a deep breath as he took in the view of the church that was down the road from his high school. It had been a while since he had come home. The last few times he had been back because of bad news and this time was no different. So many memories, happy and bad, that went through his brain as he stood there on the footpath. He looked around and spotted a modest group of people standing outside the small church. Mrs Newman, Maria’s mother, was thanking guests for coming as some started to file into the church. Guilt-ridden Ty walked up to her and pledged his condolences.
“I’m so sorry.”
Mrs Newman tried her best to console him even though she blamed him for everything, “Don’t be too harsh on yourself.”
She had never liked the fact that her daughter had at one stage wanted to run away with the high school basketball star. Most of them high school ballers ended up as drug addicts and she only had one daughter. She shook his hand and strolled over to greet other guests.

After the service, Ty would join a few of Maria’s friends for a small gathering. He remembered all of them from high school. They all laughed and reminisced about the times that they shared with her. Then they all talked about what they were up to now.
“So you’re a big star now,” Jerry said to Ty, “We watch you on TV a lot. It’s a big deal.”
“Really?” Ty forced a smile, “I thought everyone around here only cared about the Knicks.”
“The Knicks suck,” Gloria yelled from the other side of the room as she rummaged through the fridge for a drink, “Iverson and Odom. They’re both old. Ever since Vince Carter left, they have been terrible.”
Jerry agreed, “The Nets are better than the Knicks but even they aren’t doing that good this season.”
“So what’s it like being a star?” Gloria sat down next to Janet.
Ty saw everyone gaze at him and admitted, “It’s not as good as people say. You get home sick and sometimes it’s just really tiring.”
“What’s playing Kevin Durant like?” Jerry questioned.
Ty wasn’t going to divulge any information on that topic, “Let’s not talk about him.”
Ty got up and walked outside onto the balcony as the small group of people continued to chat. Maria’s best friend, Emma, followed him.
“Are you ok?” she asked him.
Ty turned and nodded, “Yeah. I been through this before.”
She remembered him from classes since they were freshmen, “You shouldn’t take it so hard. It wasn’t your fault.”
Ty lied, “I’m fine. Really, I am.”
Emma knew she was speaking to a brick wall, she had heard stories from her best friend about how stubborn Ty was, “You should come home more often. Maybe you should play in New York.”
Ty didn’t lie that he had actually considered that, “I could. It’s a possibility.”
“A lot of people are worried about you. My folks are always asking. We might not know you too well Reshawn but we do share your pain.”
Emma patted him on the back and returned inside. Ty looked up at the night sky. There was no place like home.

Ty was on his way to the airport. He had agreed with Coach Sit that he would be on the next flight to Dallas for a game against the Mavericks. He would rendezvous with the Stealth just before the game. A familiar voice called out to him as he prepared to hop into the car arranged to take him to his flight. He turned and grinned as soon as he saw who it was.
“Ty! Buddy!”
“Hey coach!” Ty laughed and gave his high school coach a high five.
“I heard that you were back son,” coach said, “My condolences. I’m just glad I could see you before you flew out.”
Coach looked at Ty and nodded, “I’m proud of you. Big NBA star and all. You did me proud. You and Rock. Tell him I say hello will you?”
“Sure will,” Ty promised.
“One thing,” coach continued, “I noticed that you’re not playing like you should be. You’ve got to play harder boy. Take charge on this team. They can’t win without you.”
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 8: Goodbye

Postby dare on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:01 pm

Well at least someone get the predictions right. For what I see maybe just maybe Ty is leaving for some old star or some scrubs.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:56 pm

Sit wrote:Take charge on this team. They can’t win without you.”

If that was a hint, Durantula just got traded for whoever is coming to the Stealth.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Houndy on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:46 pm

If Durants traded, not good for stealth fans. I know you traded for Carter, washed up, but a fan favorite
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Justine. on Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:56 pm

Carter in Stealth (Y)
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby puttincomputers on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:03 am

is tmac still in new york?
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Martti. on Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:07 am

Kobe Bryant is washed up in here!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:11 am

Durant's gone, hopefully. :twisted:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:33 am

No way Durant leaves is Kidd says the trade makes them better on paper. I bet its for Elton Brand. Hopefully this tragedy doesn't cause Ty to suck for a while again.
Lamrock

Postby dare on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:20 am

George Karl knows the player, might be one of his previous players.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:41 am

puttincomputers wrote:is tmac still in new york?

Tmac never went to New York.

SInce I started this association, Tmac has had 4 All-Star caliber seasons and this season he was traded to Denver in exchange for Chauncey Billups, The X, and Nene.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:28 pm

Just In The Knick Of Time

February 22, 2013

NEW YORK (AP) – The Seattle Stealth made a high risk move a few hours before the trade deadline passed. In a sudden and surprising deal, 11-time All-Star, 4-time NBA scoring champion, 1-time NBA MVP Allen Iverson will join the Stealth in their quest for an NBA championship.

After various trade avenues dried up for the Stealth, the team made a swift move for NBA veteran Iverson by sending to New York PF Luis Scola and PG Sebastian Telfair. Iverson is expected to bring experience and depth to the backcourt.

The Stealth have in the past been proponents of bringing in fading All-Stars and are now hoping that Iverson can help the team cross the final hurdle to make their first appearance in the NBA Finals this year. One member of the Stealth brass stated, “Iverson may not be much consolation for losing Al Jefferson (to Sacramento) but he does bring something to the table.”

The Knicks hope that Scola provides them with toughness in the low post while Telfair may become a starter for the Knicks in his homecoming. Both players were seldom used reserves in a talented Stealth outfit.

Stealth rookie PG Jao Wu announced that he would relinquish his jersey number so that his childhood idol could wear number 3. Wu has chosen 8 as his new number.

Read More…
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:58 pm

February 22, 2012
Trade Reaction: Iverson Joins Seattle
By Willard Smith

Seattle Stealth Receive Allen Iverson

This is a very risky move.

And that is an understatement.

Allen Iverson has all of the credentials. Let’s go through the numbers and accolades. First overall draft pick of the 1996 NBA Draft out of Georgetown. Four time scoring champion, 11 time NBA All-Star and 2001 NBA MVP. Along with that are multiple All-NBA team selections, All-Star MVP awards and a legion of loyal AI fans. Plus he holds career averages of 25.4 ppg, 6.2 apg and 2.1 spg. Sounds good?

Not really. Let’s go through the reality of the situation. 37 years old. 17 years in the league. Spent two and a half seasons in Denver before being traded to New York where he failed to get the Knicks to the playoffs despite having Lamar Odom and Vince Carter on the same team. This season his numbers have dipped to 15.6 ppg, 5.4 apg and 1.2 spg. Not bad for an old timer but it’s concerning that someone shooting at .400 from the field is not fazed with continuing to gun away.

More concern is that in 1203 career games, Iverson has started 1198 of them. Ever since the 2006-07 season, he has started in every single game he has played. Will Iverson understand his role on the Stealth? Will he even have any shot of being an efficient sixth man scoring option? Or will he be complaining that he has to start behind Reshawn Tyson and how will he gel with Kevin Durant?

So many questions about this move here. Seattle lost two hard workers who understood their roles and were happy to take less minutes in order to offer depth to the squad in a championship bid. This smells like a terrible move to me.

Trade Grade: C

New York Knicks Receive Luis Scola, Sebastian Telfair

This trade is probably going to help the Knicks make a playoff run. The super versatile Lamar Odom will get to shift to small forward because Luis Scola should start for this team at power forward. Scola is a bruiser in the post who will do all the nitty gritty work and should allow Odom to be more creative on the offensive end and play on the perimeter.

Scola should be estatic that he will get a chance to play again. He averaged 10.3 ppg and 6.3 rpg in his rookie year in Houston and now at the age of 32 may be on the downward slide but should still have something left in the tank.

Sebastian Telfair should fit in nicely as he makes his homecoming. He looks likely to take over as the team’s starting point guard and is hungry to make an impact after being buried on the Stealth bench. Bassy was actually great for Seattle; in his first season his assists-turnover ratio was 4.8. In his second year, it was 3.7. However, the 27 year old struggled to get minutes after signing that 4 year deal and was out of the rotation when the team acquired promising backup Aaron Karl.

The Knicks were the winners in this trade. They got two hungry team players who want to prove themselves and got rid of the washed up Iverson who was complaining about minutes and touches all season; to the point that Odom hated playing with him. Good luck to Seattle because it doesn’t seem like they realize what they got.

Trade Grade: A-
Fresh8

Postby |)e8* on Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:59 pm

OMG AI! AI-Ty-Durant? Holy shit!??!
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:01 pm

De8 wrote:OMG AI! AI-Ty-Durant? Holy shit!??!

Bogut (all-star), Lee, Durant (all-star), Tyson (all-star), Kidd (all-star)

Wilcox, Li, Ariza, Iverson (all-star), Karl

Wu, Akonnor, Rancati, Ronny Turiaf (all-star)
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Draft Deadline

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:20 pm

AI! I like it. (Y)

The hell, Turiaf is an all-star in your assoc. Most of the league must suck then.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Draft Deadline

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:31 pm

shadowgrin wrote:AI! I like it. (Y)

The hell, Turiaf is an all-star in your assoc. Most of the league must suck then.

Nah, it was a joke man. :)

Good that you digging the trade. Good surprise yes!
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame