A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III - WCF and ECF update!

Postby Houndy on Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:20 am

Sounds great, Kings off to a fats start
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:23 am

I'm with George. If you win G4, you will go on to the Finals (Y) Happy 2012, bro!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:18 am

I think the series will be pulled to the full 7 games, which is only fitting as it's the Stealth and the Kings (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:00 pm

Go hard for that ring, man! Stealth need on title and everything turns out well.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby rise on Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:41 am

I think Game 7 will be decided by a single shot. That's just me though.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:09 pm

z02 wrote:I think Game 7 will be decided by a single shot. That's just me though.

It's also what the 2K9 sim engine loves. Either a blowout or a single digit game!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:32 pm

Tyson Ties Up Series With Three Pointer

Kevin Durant was having a poor shooting night despite scoring 22 points. It was no surprise though that he was taking the potential game winning shot and it was no surprise that his shot was not good. In a night of surprises, Andrew Bogut grabbed the offensive rebound and threw it out to Reshawn Tyson in the corner of the court who drilled the triple as time expired.

Tyson finished with 23 points, Jason Kidd had 13 and Andrew Bogut contributed 9 points, 10 rebounds, 11 assists and 3 blocks. The win ties the Stealth with the Kings in the best-of-seven series as the series returns to Seattle.

Moses Chara had a monster effort as he scored 35 of his 37 points in the first three quarters. It was Durant who surprisingly shut him down in the final quarter. Former Stealth teammate Russell Westbrook chided after the game, “I don’t think I’ve ever put Durant and defence in the same sentence. This will probably be the first and last time anyone does. Moses is going to kill him next game.” Chara added 6 rebound, 5 assists and 3 steals to his points total. Westbrook struggled with 9 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists on 2 for 10 shooting. Jerry Stackhouse, who was a hero in last year’s Western Conference Finals, had his best game of the postseason with 15 points. Michael Redd scored 14 and Rashard Lewis added 12.

Game 4: SEA 107 – SAC 104 (Series tied 2-2)

Durant: "We don’t win if I don’t play well. We only got the game winner tonight because I drew the defence away with my missed shot."

Coach Karl: "I know what I said a few days ago. We just have to win two more games to make my prediction true."

League MVP Carried By Teammates

Kevin Durant managed just 14 points but also had 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals and 5 blocks. The NBA’s MVP is lucky that his teammates didn’t need a leading effort from him as they stomped out the Kings in a huge 51 point win. The win was 7 points shy from matching the largest ever margin in an NBA playoff game.

Allen Iverson led the team in scoring from off the bench with 27 points. Reshawn Tyson (25 points, 8 rebounds, 9 assists), Jason Kidd (24 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists), Andrew Bogut (21 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists, 5 blocks) and David Lee (13 points, 6 rebounds) were the main contributors. A win in Game 6 will seal the series for Seattle and send them to their first ever NBA Finals as the Stealth.

Moses Chara was helpless as his teammates did not give him the support he needed. He had 24 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists with Russell Westbrook the second best King with 14 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists. Chara refused to speak with the press after game as he was visibly upset with the performance from his team.

Game 5: SEA 141 – SAC 90 (SEA leads series 3-2)

Durant: "Give me a break. Do you think these chumps on my team would do so well if I wasn’t around to take the pressure off of them?"

Kidd: "I think I can just about touch it (a Finals berth)."

Stealth Through To NBA Finals For First Time Ever

It was a long time coming but the Seattle Stealth added another milestone to the young franchise’s history books. An NBA Finals berth will look great in the books next to the best regular season record, a Division title and Conference title. Even more impressive for the fact that the team boasted three All-Stars and the NBA’s MVP. One would assume that the next logical step is to add the NBA Championship.

Reshawn Tyson led the Stealth alongside MVP Kevin Durant. Tyson had 34 points, 4 rebounds, 8 assists and 2 steals whilst Durant put up 29 points, 7 rebounds, 2 steals. The win came on the Kings’ home court and the Stealth had the sportsmanship to get off of their court quickly. Durant was held up at midcourt for a postgame interview as boos rang down from the upper levels of Arco Arena. Durant, surprisingly, did not react and quickly retreated.

Russell Westbrook completed a great series against his former team with 33 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals. Moses Chara added 22 points, 7 rebounds, 12 assists, 3 steals but on 5 for 19 shooting. He concluded a difficult season that saw his numbers and health yo-yo. Michael Redd was not much help as he scored 14 points on 4 for 12 shooting. The seventh seeded Kings now face an uncertain future with their aging roster and even worse, felt the impact of trading away Kevin Martin for Al Jefferson. Their star big man Jefferson is injured with a broken toe.

The Stealth, meanwhile, advance to the NBA Finals for the first time and quieted all of the doubters who were ready to label them as the most disappointed squad in the history of the game since the Sacramento Kings of the early 2000s.

Game 6: SEA 114 – SAC 104 (SEA wins series 4-2)

Coach Karl: "I coached the Sonics in the Finals once and I am lucky that I will get to coach the Stealth there too."

General Manager Will Sit: "I am so glad that my vision for this team has panned out. We have some great winners here and soon they will hopefully be champions too."

Durant: "I am just focused for the Finals. I know that we will win."

Chara: "I want to play in Sacramento for my entire career. I want to deliver these guys a title. I just need better team mates to do it."

Around The League

Eastern Conference Finals

The Cleveland Cavaliers did not get a game where their top two players played great at the same time. The team did not score over 99 points in any of the Eastern Conference Finals games as they struggled with the Miami Heat’s defensive pressure.

Points Totals (Games 1-6)

Lebron James: 25 / 23 / 32 / 27 / 34 / 22
    Rudy Gay: 18 / 36 / 24 / 20 / 14 / 17

The Heat pulled out a 4-2 series win thanks to their defense and especially the efforts of JR Smith who triggered wins in Games 3 and 5 to prevent the Cavs from taking series leads at those respective points. Smith scored 30 in a Game 3 drubbing of the Heat and then 35 points in the pivotal Game 5.

COMING UP: Seattle Stealth. Miami Heat. NBA Finals. Get ready for the next installment of A Legend Is Born III
Fresh8

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III: What everyone has been waiting for

Postby The X on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Congrats on finally getting the monkey off your back & beating the Kings (Y)

Beat the Heat :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:09 pm

The X wrote:Congrats on finally getting the monkey off your back & beating the Kings (Y)

Beat the Heat :P

Thanks. I think that it was fitting we killed them in Game 5 and then beat them on their home floor. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi all. Just letting you know that starting there will be daily updates for the NBA Finals series for the 2013-14 season so that this story has a fittinng finale. Please keep reading and following to see if we finally win a title!!!

Going into the Finals the starting five for both teams are:

SEATTLE

Andrew Bogut
David Lee
Kevin Durant (MVP)
Reshawn Tyson
Jason Kidd

HEAT

Robin Lopez
Michael Beasley
JR Smith
Dwayne Wade
Marcus Williams
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:15 am

Hate to say this as you're playing Miami, but I think you've got it in 5, 6 tops.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:39 am

About time the Kings were dethroned. (Y) Good luck bro!
× Watching:
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:32 am

You gotta get this championship baby
Houndy

Postby Mavs4Life on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:41 am

Win man win! You have the better looking roster, good luck.
Mavs4Life

Postby Lamrock on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:55 am

Great play from your team and coverage. Good to finally see you in the finals. Any plans to play any of the games?
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:27 am

L-Train... I played all the games. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:35 am

KEVIN DURANT PROVES WHY HE IS MVP

Image Image

June 3, SEATTLE – There was a lot of drama leading into Game 1.

Dwyane Wade, age 32 and a one-time NBA champion (2006), had called for respect from everyone. “I’ve won it all before,” he had said after a recent training run, “No one should count us out. I respect the other team but we are pretty damn good too.” Kevin Durant retorted, “I think he (Wade) needs to respect me. His team is good but they will need a team effort to stop me.” That caused Heat forward Michael Beasley to say on the eve of the first game, “I think someone needs to have their ego checked.”

Durant then told reporters on the way into the stadium, “Beasley pissed me off. He better watch out tonight.”

Durant delivered as he asked Coach Karl to let him guard the Heat’s star forward and held him scoreless (with 5 rebounds) for the entire game. Durant also delivered on the other end of the floor by pouring in 36 points while grabbing 7 rebounds and adding 4 blocks; all on Beasley. The Stealth had a 117-93 win to open the NBA Finals series.

Afterwards, an embarrassed Beasley dodged questions about Durant. Wade, who scored 29 points, was also silent but noted, “This is a team sport. It should never be focussed on one player.” It may be worthwhile to note that no one knew if Wade was talking about Beasley or Durant.

There was more drama coming out of the game. Stealth starting PF David Lee (8.8 ppg, 7.2 rpg this season) hobbled off the floor and was later assessed to have a broken toe. The injury will keep the forward out for the entire series. Lee was crying in the locker room after the game; the former All-Star had worked hard for many seasons since signing with the team to get to the NBA Finals.

“He’s made a lot of sacrifices in terms of changing his role as a player and also his game,” fellow big man Andrew Bogut said, “David is a huge part of why we are where we are. There was a time when his name was in trade rumours but he’s always been a professional. It’s tough to see him go out like this at this stage of the season.”

NBA veteran Allen Iverson scored 23 points from off the bench in his return to the NBA Finals. He reminisced after the game on his first and only prior NBA Finals appearance when he led the Philadelphia 76ers in 2001. “That was such a long time ago,” Iverson stated, “It’s nice to be on the side that is favoured to win.” Reshawn Tyson added 22 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals for the Stealth.

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III: 2014 NBA FINALS GAME ONE

Postby Valor on Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:32 am

Good game 1 victory, love how you finally got over the Sacramento hump (Y)
Durant still needs to shut up :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Reshawn was reason Stealth beat the Kings :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:27 pm

The X wrote:Reshawn was reason Stealth beat the Kings :P

Tell that to Durant.

Valor wrote:Good game 1 victory, love how you finally got over the Sacramento hump (Y)
Durant still needs to shut up :lol:

Was good to beat the Kings. Now it's time to beat the 7 seeded Heat. :) I wonder if that's happened before, playing two number seven seeds during the same playoffs.
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:17 am

Lee out (N) But great job holding Beasley. You can do it.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:17 am

Game 1 done, 3 more to go
Houndy

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:34 am

Dominant game 1 win bodes well for your title hopes. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Martti. on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:19 am

Wade will have to carry them, pothead Beasley can't be relied on. You've got this, even without Lee.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:24 am

DURANT AND TYSON GET IT DONE IN GAME 2

Image Image

June 6, SEATTLE – The Stealth had kept their loyal fans in the house till the very end as they pulled out a 119-90 Game 2 win to take a commanding 2-0 lead. With the possibility that the series not coming back to Seattle, the place was a full house and the Stealth fans gave the team a standing ovation for close to half an hour after the game.

As the Miami Heat trickled off the floor, the Stealth made a lap around the stadium and team captains Jason Kidd and Kevin Durant gave speeches. “You are the most loyal fans I have ever seen,” Kidd told them, “I cannot wait to bring the trophy back to Seattle and celebrate with all of you.” Durant got a rousing applause and plenty of MVP chants before shouting, “We’re going to win this for David (Lee) and for all of you.”

Durant put on another master class for everyone in attendance. The League MVP had a double double of 32 points and 10 rebounds. Reshawn Tyson was equally impressive as he had a triple double of 21 points, 17 rebounds and 10 assists. Jao Wu scored 15 points from off the bench.

Tyson not only filled up the stat sheet from left to write; he also held Heat All-Star Dwyane Wade to 11 points on 4 for 18 shooting. Michael Beasley bounced back from a scoreless Game 1 performance with 23 points and 10 rebounds. The only other performer for the Heat was centre and mid-season acquisition Robin Lopez who had 14 points and 6 rebounds.

Durant was particularly confident afterwards in the postgame interview as the series shifts to Miami, “I think that Heat fans need to get ready for a huge party because the Stealth are coming to win that NBA championship.”

Read More…
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame