A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 17: Game 7

Postby rise on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:15 am

---didn't happen---

:oops:
Last edited by rise on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:37 am

Too late for your prediction zo2. Plus both players have already eclipsed those totals. :lol:
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby rise on Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:36 am

Whoops... I saw the first few posts and just hit the post reply button. :D :oops:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:05 am

It's all good Zee Otoo.

I decided that I will be posting a Chapter to unveil the final result followed by a recap. :)
Fresh8

Postby Houndy on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:49 am

That sounds awesome... more chapters plz.
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby dare on Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:41 pm

Cant wait for the next chapter...

a message for all my haters out there, thanks for hating on me. All great players have haters and I don't need to give examples. The more the hate the greater the player that is all... :D
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Houndy on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:13 pm

That's a LeBron like quote, Kobe fans don't say LeBron stuff.
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby dare on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:18 pm

Yup keep hatin man (Y)
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:21 pm

Yeah Dare, why'd you quote LeLoser James?
Fresh8

Postby Oskar on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:20 pm

That's too bad, I doubt you can get back into the series, but who knows.. Perhaps something legendary? :p

Stealth by 4

Durant with 31

Chara with 33
Oskar

Postby dare on Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:25 pm

I didn't mean it like that, my post backfire again :lol:
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Oskar, too late for your prediction.

Dare, where's my .gif sig?
Fresh8

Postby dare on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:57 pm

:doh: I forgot it, maybe some ideas would make it much easier.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:06 pm

I gave you an idea a few pages back? Lol

anyways, cool if you can't make it. I stay with Hov's. :)
Fresh8

Postby The X on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Check out my post count. This is post number 8888 as a good luck gesture for game 7 of your WCF series. I expect that this good luck will allow you to come back from a 12 point deficit & win the game :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:49 pm

The X wrote:Check out my post count. This is post number 8888 as a good luck gesture for game 7 of your WCF series. I expect that this good luck will allow you to come back from a 12 point deficit & win the game :wink:

Valor is going to love this post. haha
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:08 pm

Sit wrote:
The X wrote:Check out my post count. This is post number 8888 as a good luck gesture for game 7 of your WCF series. I expect that this good luck will allow you to come back from a 12 point deficit & win the game :wink:

Valor is going to love this post. haha

Already told u i love it :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:06 pm

Geez, Willie Lewis isn't even drafted yet and he's bitching more than that crybaby Martti. Waaah-waaah!

Chara with 24 points. Damn it, hope he ends up 26 for me to avoid the penalty in the betting competition.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Chapter 18 is coming up next.

I have to say that Game 7 of the 2013 Western Conference Finals was one of the most fun 2k9 games I have ever played.

I'm sorry about the length of the story. I hope you all enjoy. :)
Last edited by Fresh8 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:28 pm

Chapter 18

“We have twelve minutes,” Sit said, “We have twelve minutes to make things right. We have one quarter to save our season. That’s not a lot of time but we’ve been in stickier situations before.”
He continued to brief his team, “Ty, get back out on the floor. Stay aggressive, don’t worry about the fouls. If you get another one, just keep playing man. It’s Game Seven; you just keep on playing. Andrew and David, I need you guys to hold your ground. We can’t let the Kings get any easy buckets.”
Sit turned to Durant who was standing behind him, “Take it to the rack.”
Durant nodded and Sit then focused his attention on Aaron Karl, pointing at him, and said, “No fancy stuff out there on the court. Keep it simple and stay calm. It’s a big game so I’m relying on you to give me solid minutes out there.”
Sit changed his tone as he began to address the team’s defence, “Defence has been our weak point all season. We have to shore it up a little bit. I want you guys to get out there and run a full court press but once they cross half way, get back into a 2-3 zone. I’d rather them put up shots from outside than beat us inside. No easy buckets.”
“But they’re firing from outside,” Trevor Ariza spoke up.
Sit shut him down, “Then you guys better be getting a hand in their faces and rotating out onto the shooters quicker.”
The quarter was about to begin so he wrapped his pep talk up, “I know there’s a lot of pressure on us right now but if we can get a good start to the quarter, we can win this game. Come on guys, we can do it!”
As the five guys called out by Sit ran out to get ready for the final period of play to commence, Sit called Iverson over before the veteran could take a seat. Iverson had 6 points on 2 for 11 shooting so far. He had been benched since the middle of the third quarter after he tried to do too much. Sit had lambasted him as he came off the floor then.
“What did I tell you?” Sit had sternly told him in the third quarter, “Don’t jack up shots like that. Don’t force the issue!”
At this time, Sit had cooled down and instructed his starting point guard, “It’s a big game. I need you down the stretch. I’m going to put you back in later so be ready.”
Iverson stood there waiting for further instructions and after an awkward pause, Sit said, “What you waiting for? Go sit down!”
Iverson turned and hurried over to the empty seat on the bench next to Jao Wu. Iverson was Wu’s childhood hero and Wu reached over to grab a Gatorade from the waterboy. He handed it over to Iverson.
“Thanks,” Iverson said as he unscrewed the cap and drank half the bottle.
Iverson put the bottle down and made a funny face, “Stop looking at me like that kid!”
Wu quickly turned his head the other way as Ariza and Chris Wilcox laughed from the other side of the bench.

Westbrook rushed the ball up the floor without any regard for the Stealth defence. He zigged and zagged past Ty and Karl. Out of nowhere, Durant came in from Westbrook’s left hand side as he was a few feet out from the three point line. Durant swiped at the ball. Westbrook lost control and Durant stole it off him. The crowd anticipated the highlight that was to come out of this and they stood up beginning to applaud. Durant spotted Tyson and threw the lob. The lob pass sailed in a perfect arc landing in Tyson’s stride. Tyson began to jump a little bit in front of the free throw line and finished the break with a slam dunk.
“Reshawn Tyson!” the stadium announcer called out.
Seattle had played like how Coach Sit had wanted them to. They came out of the quarter break and were focussed on clawing their way back into this game. They had outscored the Kings 16-7 and cut the deficit to 4 points. The Kings called a time out with the score at 93-89. The crowd was still on their feet and it was the loudest they had been since the player introductions. A replay of the steal and dunk was shown again. Durant was still at mid court waving his arms up and down to get the fans to yell even louder. The atmosphere was simply amazing. The Kings were in fact lucky to still be leading as the Stealth had controlled the proceedings. Chara had been held to just 2 points by the Stealth constantly throwing double teams at him. The only reason they were still in this were two Joe Alexander dunks that had Sit cursing on the sidelines and a Westbrook three point play.
“We’re doing great!” Sit praised his players, “Keep the defence up. Chara looks like he’s about to snap. Good work.”
Sit looked up at the scoreboard, “Five minutes left in this. We can pull it off.”

“What a run from the Sacramento Kings to pull ahead again by double digits,” Marv Albert commentated, “Reggie, how impressive is it that the Kings keep finding ways to put points on the scoreboard. They are just so dangerous. A 10-0 run in just a matter of a little more than 90 seconds.”
Reggie answered, “Marv, this is just what great teams do. Even though Moses Chara has only scored 2 points in this quarter, his presence is helping his team mates get some great looks and they are knocking them down. I think it’s a testament to the Stealth though because they have really shut down Chara. They’ve done very well but is this the end for them?”
Marv pondered, “I wonder if they have enough left in the tank to make one last run to regain any kind of momentum.”
The teams were at their respective benches after Coach Sit had called a timeout. It took his team half a quarter to cut a 13 point deficit to 4 but before he knew it, the Kings had blown their lead back out to 14. All it took was 2 minutes in which the Stealth saw all of the Kings’ tricks. A Michael Redd three pointer that had everyone in the stadium sighing kicked it all off. Stackhouse hit a shot in Ty’s face, Jefferson dunked over Bogut and Redd would be fouled as he drove to the hoop. He finished with a three point play. The Stealth couldn’t get anything as Bogut was blocked twice and David Lee missed two easy shots under the hoop.
“There’s just 3:32 left in this ball game as the teams come out of their huddles. Kevin Durant will step up to the free throw line to take two,” Marv announced, “And it looks like Allen Iverson is checking back into the ball game.”
“Desperate times call for desperate measures,” Miller criticised the decision, “After seeing him shoot so poorly in the series and tonight, I am sort of shocked to see Sit go with Iverson down the stretch.”
“They’re down by 14 Reggie,” Albert laughed, “What else can you do?”
Miller chuckled and said, “I guess so Marv.”
“Durant sinks the second one and those two free throws will cut the Kings’ lead to 12 points,” Albert stated as the scoreboard showed 103-91. Time was running out. Westbrook brought the ball up the floor again. The ball was swung around the perimeter until Jefferson could get position on the low block. Redd kicked it inside and Jefferson went to work. Bogut returned the favour from the other end of the court and spiked the ball as Jefferson tried to score on a spin move. The ball hit the backboard and bounced behind the pair of big men. Bogut jolted forward and latched onto the ball. The Kings began to run down the other end and Iverson quickly grabbed the rock off a Bogut handoff.
“Looks like Iverson is setting his team mates up. This is a chance to get some time off the clock and get a good attempt to score,” Marv exclaimed, “The Stealth swing it around and give it to Tyson. He drives... oh that should have been a charge!”
Ty had dribbled towards the painted area and hard into Redd; knocking him over. Ty passed it to Iverson as Jefferson converged on him. Iverson sent it straight to Durant who was waiting, wide open, on the opposite wing.
Reggie commented on the no-call, “I guess the officials thought otherwise and let play resume...”
Albert cut him off and yelled above the noise of the crowd, “And what a spectacular dunk from Kevin Durant! That was amazing! Kevin Durant slams it home and is fouled on the way up!”
“Marv, remember how you said welcome to the game to Al Jefferson before? I think it’s time we welcome back Kevin Durant to the game!”
Albert could feel his heart skip a beat as he continued to ramble on, “Kevin Durant! Welcome back to the ball game! What a magnificent play!”
Durant converted the free throw and the score ticked over to 103-94 with 2:46 left in the ball game.

The Stealth hurried back on defence. They fell back into their zone. They wanted to force another ill-advised shot out of the Kings. Durant was putting pressure on Westbrook.
“You think you can hit the next shot,” Durant was trying to get into his head.
Westbrook ignored him but was having difficulty getting around the lankier Durant. He faked the pass one way and then threw the ball the other way. Chara caught it and found himself just inside the three point line on the wing. Iverson was on him and before he could put the ball to the ground, Durant had come up on his left hand side. Chara dribbled to his right and with time winding down on the shot clock he decided to shoot. It was a terrible shot as he tried to lean away from Iverson and Durant. Lee grabbed the board and the Stealth were on the other way down the court. Ty brought the ball up and dribbled to the wing. He passed it back up to the top of the key to Iverson. Iverson jab step caught Westbrook on the wrong foot and the veteran drove to the hoop. Iverson caught everyone off-guard as he stopped and took the midrange jumper at the free throw line.
“No!” Sit had his eyes covered.
“Allen Iverson!”
Sit looked up and saw Iverson with his arms in the air. Sit wiped the sweat from his forehead and took off his suit jacket. He clapped after throwing his jacket to the ball boy. The clock had just ticked under 2 minutes. The score was 103-96. Jefferson silenced the crowd as he scored the first Kings basket in two minutes with an easy lay-in. Then Durant hit the biggest bucket of the night so far: a three pointer over Chara. Durant held his follow through in the air as he took the shot from the left hand side of the court. Chara turned around to push his back into Durant in a ‘box out’ position and watched in disbelief as it was good. That was 8 points for Durant in a 2 minute span. And it was good to cut the Kings lead to 6 points. A minute and a half remained with the Stealth trailing 105-99.

“Michael Redd knocks it down!” Reggie Miller shouted, “And the Kings are up 108-99 as Redd answers with a three of his own. What a sequence of plays as we come towards the final minute of the game!”
Albert was clearly enjoying the Game Seven spectacle, “The Stealth have turned this one around. Who would have thought that they would put up this strong comeback?!”
“It all comes down to this possession,” Miller stated as the Stealth were trying to set up their offence, “They need a bucket and then they need to get a stop.”
The Stealth couldn’t get any looks as the shot clock was winding down.
“They’re going to have to put a shot up soon,” Miller was sounding a little concerned; inside he really wanted the Stealth to score to make things interesting.
“They’re looking for Bogut...”
The Stealth got Bogut the ball in the paint and Marv started to talk, “Bogut’s got it but he’s swarmed by Kings defenders. He kicks it back out to Iverson. Allen Iverson from way down town!”
Miller couldn’t believe it, “With time winding down, you want to put the ball in the most streaky shooter on the court and that’s what Sacramento did but can you believe your eyes? Did you see AI? That was from a whole ‘nother zip code!”
Albert continued, “Allen Iverson throws up the three from way out to beat the shot clock. This game is just getting even more amazing each passing second. That cuts the lead back down to 6 points.”
“And what do we have here?!” Miller was on the edge of his seat, “Bogut grabs the rebound off a Chara three point miss and Tyson finishes with a ferocious jam on the fast break! The lead is down to 4 points!”
Sacramento called a timeout and the crowd was giving the home side a standing ovation. Durant and Tyson were getting high fives and chest bumps from the rest of their teammates. It was a contrasting look on the Kings bench as the starters quickly took a seat on the bench. Chara had a towel over his head.
“You can credit Durant with this massive turnaround here in the fourth quarter,” Albert argued, “Some of those passes make him look like an NFL quarterback. And I do have to mention what a great job he has done tonight on Moses Chara. He has held him to 2 points in the fourth quarter.”
“And he’s scored 12 so far in the fourth quarter,” Reggie added, “Remember Marv when he said that he should be the League MVP? He’s had a few off-nights here and there but tonight he has really been the best player on the court – especially in this fourth quarter.”
“Let’s go to Craig Sager who’s baseline,” Marv stated, “Craig, can you hear us?”
Craig Sager was in his purple suit and had Stealth fans surrounding him, trying to get into view of the camera.
Sager couldn’t hear anything, “I can’t hear you guys! It’s too loud down here! There is such a buzz in here...”
Marv laughed, “Sorry Craig, we need to cut you off. Have fun with your friends down there.”
Reggie laughed also, “If Seattle loses, I don’t think Craig is getting out of there.”
“I think he’s going to find it hard to get out of there if Seattle wins too,” Marv exclaimed.

There were 40 seconds left in the game. Sacramento had called their final timeout. Sit only had one more up his sleeve.
“We need a stop on this possession!” Sit ordered his guys.
Kidd, right arm in sling, was fired up, “Come on guys! We need one stop! We’re half a minute away from the NBA Finals. We still got time to get this win!”
Durant, Ty, Lee, Bogut, Iverson returned to the floor as the fans were back on their feet. Durant matched up on Chara; there would be no trash talk at this point of the game. The Kings inbounded the ball.
“Watch him!” Durant yelled at Iverson as Westbrook caught the ball.
Westbrook saw that he had space and dribbled right past Iverson. Iverson chased after Westbrook but didn’t catch up in time. Bogut was at the high post guarding Al Jefferson and decided to jump out and get in front of Westbrook.
“God damn it Bogut!” Sit yelled with both arms in the air.
Chara was being held back by Durant on the other side of the court as he shouted out, “Post!”
Westbrook crossed the ball over and slid to a halt, recognising that Bogut was coming up onto him. Iverson was about to catch up. He looked in the post and saw Jefferson pointing to the rim. Westbrook threw the pass over Bogut’s head.
“Fuck!” Sit shouted as Jefferson caught the ball for the easy layup.
Jefferson ran down the floor and high fived Chara. Westbrook came up behind him and pat him on the ass. Durant decided to take the fate of the team into his own hands and yelled for the ball. Ty gave it to him and he blitzed down the court coast to coast. Durant pulled up for a midrange jumper but it was off. He followed his shot in and grabbed the offensive board. He was fouled on the put back attempt. The crowd was silent as Durant stepped up to take two shots. The first one was good. So was the second one. 21.5 seconds, Seattle was down by 5 at 111-106. Durant fouled Westbrook as he tried to dribble away. Westbrook sank both and Sit called time. 19.4 seconds left, Seattle down by 7 points again; 113-106.
Sit knew it was all but over – bar some kind of miracle – but he had to be strong for his team, “Kevin, take the three. We foul right away and pray that they miss the free throws. Win or lose tonight, you guys have made me proud.”
Kidd had a few tears in his eyes as he rallied the starters before they made their way back onto the court, “You guys played great. Keep playing until the final whistle.”

“Kevin Durant hits the three pointer and that brings his tally to 49 points tonight,” Albert said.
Durant sunk the triple from the top and the score was 113-109 with 15 seconds remaining. The Kings wanted the ball in Chara’s hands, forcing Seattle to send him to the line. The NBA’s MVP made both free throws. Durant missed a three point attempt on the other end and Jefferson collected the board with just 3 seconds remaining.
“And I think that will just about do it!” Albert stated, “What an exciting way to end a classic Western Conference Finals.”
Miller reflected on the deciding game as the buzzer sounded, “Is this really the end of the road for Seattle? It was such a hard fought game and such a brave comeback from the Stealth. If some shots had gone their way they could have made the Finals. This must be heartbreaking.”
Albert also felt a tinge of sadness and it wasn’t only because this was his last game of his own career, “It sure is heartbreaking Reg. I’m sure I’m not the only one who will say that I am sad that Jason Kidd might not retire with a championship ring. What a great season by Seattle and to go out this way is both good and bad. They showed that they were a great side and really fought tooth and nail to get to Game Seven. It’s bad because they’re out now. With all of the rumours of free agency, I’m not quite sure we will see them back here in the near future.”
Albert was alluding to the possibility of Kidd retiring as well as half the Stealth roster being up for free agency.
Miller agreed with him, “The rumours that this was Kidd’s last game. Iverson might be gone and although he had his ups and downs – you could see tonight that he is still a big part of this ball team. That three pointer was one of my highlights of the game. Reshawn Tyson is another one who might be leaving. We’ve also got Trevor Ariza and Chris Wilcox who are definitely going to be getting some big offers. Seattle might not be the same next season.”
“Thanks Reggie, let’s cross live down to Craig Sager who is with Kevin Durant. Craig?”

The buzzer sounded. The end score: 115-109. The series won by Sacramento 4-3. The Kings all met at halfway and started celebrating. Jefferson was still holding the game ball as Chara was being hugged by all of his teammates. The coaching staff joined the players and soon there were photographers and journalists all around them. Sit had his team waiting on the sideline to go and congratulate them. Durant was the only one not lined up in single file. He was lying on his back at one end of the court. Tears began to well up in his eyes. He had just played one of the games of his life and it sucked being on the losing end. Durant hopped up and trudged over to join his team mates. Bogut and Kidd spotted him. Both left the front of the line to console him. Kidd looked like he had been crying too; he couldn’t believe his bad luck that hit him in Game Four. The Stealth congratulated the Kings on advancing to the NBA Finals and wished them luck against the Cavs. Behind Sit, the Stealth did a lap of honour around the stadium as their fans continued to cheer them on despite the loss. Craig Sager pulled Durant aside.
“Kevin, that was a tough game,” Sager stated the obvious.
Durant was a bit more composed now, “We came out and gave it our best shot. We lost the ball game and the war. We will be back next year.”
“What are your thoughts about Jason Kidd and his retirement?”
“Look, Jason is an amazing and inspirational leader. I’m going to be working overtime to get him to stay.”
Sager was intrigued to hear the answer to his next question, “What about the rest of your teammates?”
Durant didn’t want to answer and just smiled.
Sager pressed on, “49 points tonight Kevin. You had 27 in the second half and 17 in the final quarter. You also had 16 in the second quarter. You played a brilliant game tonight. I’m sorry about the loss.”
Durant put his index finger up in the camera and was shaking his head, “Hey, hey. You know this is my team. I had to step up tonight and try and carry them. We nearly got there. We nearly got there.”
“Thank you Kevin,” Sager was now trying to shoo him away.
“My team baby! Number one! We still number one!” Durant shouted as Sager and his cameraman walked away.
Durant looked around as the fans began to empty their seats. No one wanted to stay for the Kings’ presentation for winning the Western Conference Finals. The Stealth had all left the court and one of the team’s trainers had come out to grab Durant to join his team mates. Durant told him to wait a minute.
“I want to soak this up,” Durant said.
He paused then continued, “Because it’s never going to happen again.”
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 18: Who Wins?

Postby Eirsej on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm

Heartbreaking loss. If only Kidd wasn't injured, it would've been a different story.
Eirsej

Postby C-77 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Tough tough loss man :| . Wonder what Durant is going to do
|Proud to be a Bedan|Bryan_C. is my cousin|Celtics & Magic fan|Pinoy Ako|

Follow me on Twitter

{♣NBA LIVE IS STILL LIVE!!♣}
C-77
We Do It For The City,We Do It for the fans

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:58 pm

:cry: That sucks man... I really can't believe it...
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:01 am

Sucks you couldn't give Kidd his title, I expect him to retire. You had Chara locked down, but Redd's three-pointer killed you.

It was a great season nonetheless. Sit got his COY and took the Stealth to the Conference Finals.

I hope you carry this on, however your roster might look like next season. :)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby George7 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:26 am

Damn,that was bad.I really wanted Kidd to take the ring on his final season on your team.Maybe next yea you can do sth better.Nonetheless ,great effort.
George7

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame