A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:28 am

Valor wrote:
Sit wrote:Thanks man, Durant is in top form :)

Screw Durant (the one in Sit's world), the stat loving narcissist asshole (kinda like real life lebrick). Ty is the real star here (Y)

We will see about that n the next few updates then ;)

megarover wrote:Durant is smoking at the moment. It will be impressive to see if he has as much 25 points game in real life.

I'm looking forward to Nets-Stealth
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: A Legend Is Born III

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:21 am

Chapter 29

Aaron Karl stepped into the gym. Ty noticed him come in and walked up to Coach Karl to let him know. Karl turned around and saw the junior Karl; no relation of course. The other Stealth players noticed that Coach wasn’t watching them anymore and stopped their drill to see what was going on. Everyone noticed Aaron Karl. Aaron nodded to the assistants and laughed when Sheed made a joke about him.
“Aaron,” Coach reached out to him, “I think it would be good for you to tell your teammates what is happening. They’re all a little bit confused.”
Coach pulled Aaron’s head closer so that no one else could hear what he said next, “You screwed up son. I’m happy that you were man enough to fess up to it. I want you to get your life back on track.”
Aaron nodded and shook Coach’s hand as the rest of the team had gathered around them.
Aaron faced all of them, “Guys, I’ve just had a call from the head office in New York.”
The next part was tough and Aaron was trying hard not to cry in front of his friends, “… I’ve been kicked out of the NBA.”
“Why?” David Lee asked.
Aaron gulped and answered, “I was the player caught for that drug bust downtown.”
Allen Iverson was yelping, “I told y’all it wasn’t me y’know! I told all of y’all!”
The mood had just dampened with the news and Aaron made it clear that he would never be an NBA player again.
“I need to go to court,” Aaron said, “I’ve got a good attorney and I’ve admitted to all of this. I’m going to go to jail for a while. I’m not scared about that though – I’m just disappointed in myself for getting here now. I owe everyone here an apology.”
Jao Wu and Mingyu Li were the first ones to surround Aaron and console him as he began to break down in front of all of them. Everyone knew that this was the last time they’d see him as a teammate on the Stealth. It was a sad occasion for all.
Wu had his arm around his best friend on the team, “Man, if only I had known I would have done something to talk you out of it.”
“I was already in too deep,” Aaron told him, “I was already in too deep…”
His teammates came one by one to say goodbye and wishing him well.

Aaron went to the locker room to collect his stuff. He stood in front of his locker and stared at his name at the top of it.
“It took a lot of hard work to get here,” he said to himself and thinking What a waste.
“Why did you do it?”
Aaron turned around and it was Ty.
“You wouldn’t understand.”
Ty put a hand on Aaron’s shoulder, “Man, you know everything I’ve been through. I do understand man.”
Aaron sighed and sat down. Ty pulled up a chair next to him.
“I guess that ever since Coach let Jason start for this team, I didn’t really feel valued,” Karl said, “I’ve been doing this stuff for a while but this season I wasn’t really getting the same minutes as before. I really got sick of basketball.”
“I don’t get it man,” Ty stated, “Why’d you turn to doing what you were doing?”
Aaron defended himself, “It seemed like a really good idea at the time. You know, I have a lot of money but not enough and my friends don’t have that either. This was a way for all of us to get rich together.”
Ty sounded a bit concerned, “So you did it because your friends were doing it?”
“These guys are my closest friends and I guess I was greedy,” Aaron explained, “Look – I was a bit worried the first time but after the first sale went well, I sort of thought it was easy and then I guess I got greedy. It was risky but the rewards were really huge.”
Ty tried to let it all sink in, “Man…”
“I screwed up man,” Aaron admitted, “There’s no real logical explanation. I’m just saying…”
Ty nodded, “I know.”
Ty was also curious, “Did Wu ever get involved in this?”
Aaron was quick to shoot that down, “No way man. Jao never knew about any of this!”
Ty believed him, “Good.”
Aaron got up and picked up his bags, “Take care man. Don’t let Kevin make you his bitch.”
Aaron walked out of the locker room and into the gym one last time. He watched for a minute. The team was running a scrimmage. He smiled as a tear rolled down his left cheek. He wiped it away with the back of his hand then turned and left. That was the end of Aaron Karl’s short-lived NBA career.

Kevin Durant high fived his teammates, who walked past the bench and towards the tunnel. He was nodding and pouting as he walked towards the basket to be interviewed by Cheryl Miller. Michael Beasley had intercepted him before he got to Miller.
“Good game,” Beasley congratulated Durant.
Durant gave him a high five, “You too.”
Miller and her cameraman walked up to Durant, “Kevin, your team was brilliant tonight. What were the keys to the win?”
The pro-Miami crowd booed as Durant replied, “We just played great defence and pulled out all the stops. There’s no secrets to an ass-whooping like tonight’s. My boy Wade told me before the game that they were going to surprise everyone but I guess the best team in the league prevailed.”
“How’s it feel to have win number eight?”
Durant laughed, “There’s more wins if you don’t know how it feels right now. We still got a lot of basketball left and I am going to make sure that my team gets that number one record in the league.”
“Any last words?” Miller felt obliged to give Durant the opportunity.
“You know me too well,” Durant smiled and looked straight down the camera lens, “This is my team baby!”

George Karl was being interviewed by press outside the visitor’s locker room.
“As I said, we are winning because we are playing team basketball. We’re getting it done on both ends of the floor,” Karl said.
“Coach, what’s the loss of Aaron Karl mean for your team?”
“No comment.”
“Coach, what can you tell us about the form of Kevin Durant?”
“You can see the numbers and the performances. He is really playing with a lot of confidence right now.”
“Coach, would you rate him as a legit MVP candidate?”
“Why not?” Karl asked back.
There was an awkward silence.
Karl continued, “He is the best pure scorer in this league. I’ve coached Carmelo and I can tell you right now and on the record that Kevin is a lot more versatile and more of a pure scorer than Melo is. I love Melo but Kevin is the better offensive player. He’s an MVP in my books.”
“Coach, are you happy that the season is back on track?”
“Is that too obvious of a question with a really obvious answer?” Karl laughed, “I think it is.”

The Knicks crowd was silent as their team were trailing by 14 points in the final quarter. Seattle had easily controlled this game from the start and were in cruise control till the end of the game. Former Stealth guard Sebastian Telfair missed an open three point attempt. Travis Ward swallowed up the rebound and dunked the ball on the second chance attempt. Some of the fans were cheering but nowhere near as many as when Ty had dunked over Lamar Odom a few minutes earlier. This game had been pretty tame except for one incident in the third quarter when Ron Artest and Durant had to be separated. Artest had cupped his hand around Durant’s throat, throwing the officials into immediate action and calming both benches down.
“Come on,” Artest was talking trash to Durant on the other end of the floor, “You think you can get past me. You can’t handle me.”
Durant ignored him and pulled up for a jumper. It was good. He turned and ran down the court. Artest was right behind him so he let Artest catch up to him.
“That’s 40 bitch,” Durant put up four fingers into Artest’s face.
Artest reached out and pushed Durant’s hand away from his face.
“You hear me? That’s 40!” Durant bumped into him on purpose up the floor.
Artest was pissed and grabbed the back of Durant’s jersey. Durant came to a sudden halt and stuck his leg out. Artest tripped over it, face first into the hardwood. The Stealth bench were in hysterics while the Knicks bench were out of their seats and waving their arms in protest. Play was stopped and the officials warned both Durant and Artest about their behaviour. It was their last chance before both would be tossed.
“Take of Reshawn,” Coach Karl said to Adam Morrison.
Morrison got up and pulled off his track pants and jacket. He hopped over to the scorers’ table and sat down. He was joined by Iverson and Mingyu Li.
“Watch for the pass!” Bogut called out to Ty on defence.
Ty saw the telegraphed pass from Bassy to Luis Scola in the paint. He quickly pivoted backwards and bolted in towards the paint. With his right arm extended, he tried to block the pass.
“FUCK!”
The ball was knocked downwards and although it bounced a few times at Ty’s feet, he did not reach for it. Bassy swooped in and grabbed it. He dribbled around Ty and went for the layup. It was a miss and Bogut grabbed the board. Bogut passed it to Kidd who dribbled up the court. Ty was bending over and holding his right hand. He winced in pain. Play continued on the other end. Ty grimaced and now ran towards the Stealth bench.
“Time out!” Coach Karl was shouting to the ref, “Time out!”
Ty didn’t stop at the Stealth bench and continued to run to the tunnel, through to the change rooms. Knicks fans were peering over the safety barriers and railings to get a closer look at Ty running off the court. Ty was joined by stadium security as the Stealth team trainer followed close behind.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 29: Ouch!

Postby Justine. on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:34 am

Goodbye Karl :( It's really hurts when Ty is injured.
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby puttincomputers on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:06 am

there goes any trade for ty! time Jao Wu to do!
Dynasty: Puttins Bobcats yr1 http://manfrednba2k11bobcatdynasty.blogspot.com/
taking draft applications!
2010-11 Playoffs - Cats beat Celtics in 5!

“All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.”
Arthur Schopenhauer- German philosopher (1788 - 1860)
puttincomputers

Postby Houndy on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:34 am

Wow, Ty getting injured. Nice chapter
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Lamrock on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Poor Aaron Karl :( Ty getting hurt is bad for your pursuit of first place.
Lamrock

Postby megarover on Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:12 pm

Ty getting injured again. And how funny is that Artest and Durant mini fight.
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:39 pm

Oh man, Ty's injuries really heap up. The Aaron Karl part was a lil bit too schmaltzy, maybe for your female readers (w8, you don't have one ... whatever)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:42 pm

hova- wrote:Oh man, Ty's injuries really heap up. The Aaron Karl part was a lil bit too schmaltzy, maybe for your female readers (w8, you don't have one ... whatever)

mandich? :lol:

jokes!

But man, I just need to show that I cater to all audiences. You know what I mean? :P plus everyone wanted a good reason for him leaving.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Streak Reaches Double Digits

Image Image

DECEMBER 23, NEW YORKKevin Durant’s hot streak continues and so does his team’s. Seattle notched its tenth straight win behind Durant’s 43 point, 8 rebound effort against the New York Knicks.

Reshawn Tyson added 23 points, 12 rebounds, 9 assists for Seattle in the 124-110 win in New York. Allen Iverson added 17 points against his former team and Andrew Bogut went for 7 points, 17 rebounds and 7 assists. Former Stealth player Sebastian Telfair was the Knicks’ best player with 23 points, 10 assists and Travis Ward added 21 points and 8 rebounds.

The Stealth’s ten game win streak and team record at 19-9 were marred by the loss of Tyson late in the game. With half a quarter left in the game, Tyson appeared to hurt his right hand and left the game abruptly.

Seattle overtook the Sacramento Kings (19-10) for top place in West

Read More…

Tyson Out For Two Weeks

DECEMBER 24, NEW YORK – It has been confirmed that Seattle Stealth SG Reshawn Tyson will be out for up to 2 weeks after he dislocated a finger on his shooting hand in last night’s game against the New York Knicks.

Tyson was unlucky as he was hurt midway through the last quarter just as his night seemed to be coming to a close. He had finished with a near triple double (23 points, 12 rebounds, 9 assists) when he tried to intercept a Knicks pass and it all went wrong. With Adam Morrison at the scorers’ table preparing to take him off at the next break of play; it could not have been worse timing.

Allen Iverson is expected to fill in for Tyson and the veteran has stated that it has been a long time coming for him to be able to start. “When I got here,” Iverson told reporters after a morning shoot around, “I had my eyes on the prize and now I’m finally here.” Kevin Durant did not believe his team would skip a beat without Tyson, “We didn’t lose much. I’m playing great and that’s all that matters.”

Head Coach George Karl also reiterated that the team is not a one man team, “We have a lot of great players on this team and they are led by this season’s worthy league MVP (Durant). I’m confident that these guys can keep getting the job done on both ends of the floor.”

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 29 + Game, Injury News Up

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:16 pm

NBA Celebrates Christmas

DECEMBER 26, NEW YORK – The NBA celebrated Christmas with five games played on Christmas Day. The game of the night was the first game of the night; Orlando’s home stand against the Memphis Grizzlies.

Ryan Anderson (18 points) and Jameer Nelson (17 points) led 5 other Magic players in double figures. The Grizzlies got little production from their frontcourt and it was up to TJ Ford (33 points), OJ Mayo (22 points), Chauncey Billups (21 points) to keep their side in the game. In the end, Orlando’s Gerald Wallace scored the game winning three pointer with just 0.7 seconds remaining as the Magic (13-16) defeated the Grizzlies (7-19) 120-117.

The Clippers (9-19) lost 108-124 at home to the Mavericks (16-13). Andrew Watson had a pleasant festive night as he scored a career high 40 points (15-26 FG, 6-9 3PT) and added 6 assists. Watson was confident after the game and explained that his breakout performance could be attributed to the Mavs’ opponents for the night. “The Clippers are a run and gun team. They were leaving me open and it doesn’t take much to get me going,” Watson said after the game. Dirk Nowtizki, finally free of injury, was starting to show signs of return to form with 20 points, 11 rebounds and Aaron Brooks chipped in with 19 from off the bench. Eric Gordon led the Clippers with 24 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists while Ray Lliach and Amare Stoudemire scored 23 apiece.

The Lakers (15-14) hosted the New York Knicks (9-22) after the Clippers had lost; marking the NBA’s first ‘Hallway Christmas Series’. LA’s other team did not disappoint as they dismantled the Knicks 114-89. Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol each scored 21 and Trevor Ariza finished with a double double of 18 points and 10 rebounds. Travis Ward scored 20 points for the Knicks.

Luol Deng continues a strong season by scoring 25 points and was aptly supported by Manfred Nissley (20 points), Kevin Martin (19 points), Janis Kalnins (16 points) in the Wolves’ (16-14) 127-111 defeat of the Spurs (11-18). Marco Belinelli led the Spurs with 24 points. Marvin Williams played fine on Christmas Day with 22 points and Tony Parker dished out 8 assists to go with his own 22 points.

Dwyane Wade was happy to be home for Christmas but he would not have been happy with his team’s performance. In the last game of the evening, the Heat (15-12) fell to the Bulls (16-13) by a small margin; the final score: 99-94. Wade scored 19 points and JR Smith added 20 and Michael Beasley had 16 points and 9 rebounds. However, a fourth quarter comeback from the Bulls trumped the Heat. Eric Smith was solid throughout the game with 20 points and 7 rebounds. Derrick Rose came through in the clutch with 14 of his 18 points in the final period. Bulls’ twin towers Harvey Morrison and Roy Harmon added 16 points each.

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 29 + Injury News + Christ

Postby |)e8* on Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:46 pm

Good game by X !
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:32 am

Ty flirting with a triple-double and gets injured. That's what I call bad luck (N)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:17 am

Dammit man, Ty is always injured (N)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:00 am

I think he's been injured at one stage in three of the past five seasons. This one is minor though so I'm not concerned. Just gotta keep our winning streak up!
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:16 am

Iverson's gotta score n shit, yo.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:24 am

Martti. wrote:Iverson's gotta score n shit, yo.

You like Iverson? :)
Fresh8

Re: Kevin's Team - HO HO HO, Merry Christmas!

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:01 am

Ujiri: No Nugget Is Safe

DECEMBER 26, DENVER – On Christmas Eve, Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri cautioned his poor-performing team that no player was safe from a trade. Earlier in the week, the young GM had informed the rest of the league that all of his players were on the block and all offers would be considered.

This means that Tracy McGrady, Zach Randolph and Chris Kaman would all be up for grabs in the lead up to the NBA’s trade deadline mid-February. Former Heat PG Mario Chalmers, although a disappointing signing last season, is not expected to be a player that Denver will let go of lightly.

Many league sources state that the Nuggets’ asking price for aging McGrady, Randolph and Kaman would be in the form of expiring contracts, youth and draft picks. The nature of these players’ contracts would make a deal difficult but for contenders; acquiring these players would be worthwhile if the right package could be arranged.

There has already been movement by the Dallas Mavericks to acquire Kaman although Mark Cuban has made a preference to get former scoring champion McGrady. However, it does not appear that the Mavs have the assets to make a move for either player at this stage and a third team would be needed to be involved in a trade.

The Milwaukee Bucks are another team that has been active in the market. The Bucks are currently on a downward slide out of playoff contention and desperately need depth.

Read More…

Miami Heat Interested In Robin Lopez

DECEMBER 27, MIAMI – After the signing of veteran guard Larry Hughes, Pat Riley is actively shopping for a starting centre. The Phoenix Suns’ Robin Lopez is reportedly his first preference.

Riles likes the disgruntled 7 footer who has been displaced by Kevin Love and Martti Must. The situation between Lopez and the Suns has become so bad that Phoenix are not looking for much to get him out of their locker room.

The Heat appear to be favourites to acquire Lopez as the Suns do not want to trade him to a Western Conference side despite the Mavs offering Chris Douglas-Roberts and a future first round draft choice for the seldom-used centre.

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Lots of updates including Trades!

Postby dare on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:23 pm

Very good chapter man especially the part on Karl
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:30 pm

dare wrote:Very good chapter man especially the part on Karl

Thanks man. :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Durant Defeats McGrady And Nuggets

Image Image

DECEMBER 26, DENVER – NBA Fans were in for a treat as two of the best scorers of their generation did battle in Denver. Kevin Durant and Tracy McGrady were locked in an epic shootout on this cold Winter night and the winner was Durant on both accounts of the individual battle as well as the team battle.

The Stealth improved to 20-9 with a 119-115 defeat of the Nuggets. The Nuggets fell to 12-18 and further down the Western Conference ladder. It was Seattle’s first game without Reshawn Tyson (dislocated finger) and the team did not seem to miss him as Durant finished with 41 points (16-29 FG) and 13 rebounds.

Tyson’s replacement in the starting lineup Allen Iverson finished with a season high 28 points. It was Iverson’s first start in 57 regular season games. Iverson had not started a game since joining the Stealth from the New York Knicks.

McGrady put up 37 points (15-27 FG) and 7 assists in a losing effort. Mcgrady said after the game that he envied Durant and the Stealth’s situation, “How many have they won in a row? Eleven games is a lot of games. It’s incredible.” With trade rumours beginning to surface with the Nuggets, McGrady noted that he wouldn’t mind a trade, “I’m getting old. Getting into a situation like what Kevin and his guys are in – that wouldn’t be too bad.”

Durant was in a great mood after the game as he told reporters that the team didn’t even notice Tyson’s absence. He also boldly predicted how the team would go in their next game against division rivals Portland Trailblazers. “We’re going to win twelve in a row,” Durant exclaimed, “I’m playing great right now. We’re going to win.”

Read More…
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:09 pm

COMPETITION TIME!

Image @ Image

As the winning streak continues, here are some questions. May be sporadic so just keep your eye out for them!

Will the Stealth beat Portland in their next game? W/L (Correct Guess: 5 points)

How many points will Kevin Durant score? (Correct Guess: 10 points. If you are within a point of his total: 5 points)

Who will score more points - Brandon Roy or Ben Gordon? (Correct Guess: 5 points)
Last edited by Fresh8 on Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:24 pm

W, 50, Roy.

Trade for T-Mac!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Martti. wrote:Trade for T-Mac!

Um... filling up my squad with more old legs? :P
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:21 pm

Look at the Celtics, Heat, Lakers and Spurs success, all among the oldest teams. Veterans help a lot.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame