A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Stephon Marbury Forces Trade

Postby Martti. on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:13 pm

Great deal for the Bucks.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:15 pm

puttincomputers wrote:what a steal of a trade milwaukee!

They were doing well with just Jay Gray. Now they got extra depth: a much needed starter at SG and a backup forward. (Y)

Looks like they should definitely be in the playoffs this season!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:32 am

Chapter 7

The damage was done as Durant punched the air to the approving roar of the Seattle Stealth fans. Everyone was out of their seats as the bench went on for the final two minutes of the match. Ty high fived the coaching staff as he sat down in between David Lee and Jason Kidd on the bench. Andrew Bogut was getting checked out at the end of the bench by one of the team doctors; he had been hit in the head by Memphis Grizzlies forward Martti Must earlier in the game.
“Come on!” Durant was still standing and yelling out from the sideline.
Jao Wu had the rock and pushed it up the court. He was joined by Aaron Karl and Trevor Ariza on either side of him. He passed the ball behind his back to Ariza who slammed it into the hoop for two points. The trio gave each other high fives as they ran back down the court amid all of the cheers. TJ Ford returned the favour as he got down the floor in lightning pace and layed it up. Sit was yelling at his team for the defensive lapse but he wouldn’t be too harsh on the boys because it had been a great night for the team. Sit looked over at his rival coach, Gary Payton, and smiled to himself. He had outsmarted his former charge once again.
“Foul on you!” the ref was shouting above all of the noise, “Can’t put your arms over him like that.”
The foul was called on Caron Butler who had removed his headband and threw it at the bench. His teammates jumped out of the way of the sweat-drenched headband. Martti Must, who had endured a nightmare all evening, sat quietly next to Coach Payton. The Glove was lying back in the seat thinking about how he was going to blast his players for ruining another homecoming to Seattle. Mingyu Li caught the ball off the inbounds pass and stroked the three point bucket and soon afterwards, the game was over.
“Good game,” Ty had walked over to hug his Tar Heels teammate Must.
Rocky Akonnor joined them and gave Must a hug as well, “Good to see you again.”
Sit shook the hands of the Grizzlies’ coaching staff and met Payton last.
“Looks like you guys are going to struggle to make the playoffs,” Sit jeered, knowing that the Grizzlies were back to .500 after this loss, “And guess who’s the better coach.”
“You’re a jerk,” Payton stated, “Anyone tell you that?”
“You just got outcoached by a jerk then,” Sit laughed.
“Don’t be so sure of yourself,” Payton sneered, “We will see who’s laughing next time. I still remember everything you did to me.”
Andrew Bogut was conducting an interview at halfcourt, “I would love to thank my fans in Australia for voting for me to start the All-Star Game. It is an honour to start and it would be an amazing feat to get more votes than Yao Ming.”

“I’ve just heard that we will have three players representing us at the All-Star Game,” Sit said.
The entire roster and training staff was sitting around the table in the spacious meeting room. Sit stood at the front of the room and addressed everybody with news about the All-Star Team being finalised.
“It was great to be a part of the process and although I couldn’t vote for any of you, I had a lot of other coaches call and say how impressed they were. Big shout-out to Jason, you were really close in getting a berth,” Sit happily stated.
Aaron Karl and David Lee patted the veteran on the back as the rest of the room clapped courteously for Kidd; he had been playing tremendously in the past month and had his season scoring average in double digits again.
“As we all know, Andrew will be starting but there is more good news. Kevin and Reshawn will be representing us at the All-Star Game in Sacramento as reserves. Congratulations boys!”
Everyone cheered as Sit asked the two to get up and thank their teammates.
“As you know, I wouldn’t be where I am without you,” Ty said.
Durant stated, “Even though that fucker Moses Chara got a starting berth, we all know who is better. That’s me and I am going to lead my team to that championship. You feeling me man?”
Durant looked straight at Kidd who reluctantly nodded and gave him a high five. Durant and Ty both sat down as Sit went onto the next topic of the meeting.
“The reason I called this meeting isn’t only about the All-Star Game, it’s about some changes to the roster,” Sit exclaimed as the room went silent, “The front office, as you know, has been in trade talks. I know that no one is safe. This is not a reflection on any of yours values but rather the fact that the guys up at the top really want to move one step closer towards a championship.”
There were some murmurs here and there as Sit continued, “If I was your GM, I wouldn’t be trading anyone. I know that you all work hard and it’s a crying shame if the team is split up. Whatever happens will happen. I just need all of you on the same page. We keep playing to win every day.”
All of the players nodded as Sit invited George Karl to say a few words.
“I want to announce that I will be retiring from coaching at the end of the season,” Karl stated, “I’ve had a very rewarding career and this has been a pleasant job for me – to be here in Seattle I mean.”
Everyone clapped again for Karl who had just decided to quit after many years of fighting his ill-health to continue in the job he loved.
Sit suddenly asked, “Do you have anything to add to this meeting Sheed?”
Everyone turned their eyes to the back of the room. In the corner was Sheed with his head tilted downwards and sunglasses covering his eyes.
“Sheed!” Sit yelled.
Akonnor poked Sheed in the side and he jolted in his seat, “What? What?”
“Don’t tell me you were sleeping,” Sit sighed.
“What? Sleeping? No! Mr Top 50 don’t sleep in no meetings.”
Sit called an end to the meeting and caught David Lee on the way out.
“David.”
“Yes Coach?”
“I just want to apologise for everything.”
“For what?”
“I stopped trusting you as a player but I stuck with you as a starter because I thought you had something to give us. I just need to clarify that you have been great for our side. I won’t lie that the front office has been offering you to other teams so I want to wish you the best of luck wherever you end up in two weeks time.”
Lee shook Sit’s hand, “Thanks coach. I’m ready for wherever I will be headed but I do wish I could stay.”
Sit nodded in agreement, “Me too.”

Things were looking grim until the final quarter when the Seattle Stealth suddenly y took over the lead from the home team. After trailing by double digits for most of the match, the crowd was in stunned silence as Durant knocked down another ridiculous mid range jumper to push Seattle ahead.
“This is bullshit!” Moses Chara yelled in frustration after David Lee scored on a put back dunk.
The Kings were trailing by 2 points now and the momentum was clearly in Seattle’s favour. If Seattle won, it would be their fifth win in a row. They would also move ahead of Sacramento in the league standings. Jason Kidd gathered the players around during the timeout.
“We’re better than these guys. This is huge if we can get a win in their building especially in this fashion. Don’t let up now!”
Kidd took a seat as Aaron Karl returned to the court with the rest of the starters. Karl had done well as he helped pull the Stealth back after a very disappointing first half. Sit smiled and turned to George Karl.
“This is why he’s getting minutes,” Sit said in a reference to Jao Wu.
The rookie was on the other end of the bench and wishing he’d be put onto the court. It was too bad that he landed on a team with three other talented players at his position. What was worse was that he couldn’t get any minutes on the wing either because of the All-Star brilliance of Ty and Durant. Karl proceeded to nail a three point dagger and push the lead up to 5 with less than two minutes left in the game.
“That’s right! Keep stroking it!” Bogut shouted as he gave Karl a high five whilst running back down the court.
The Kings would not score again and Karl would hit another three and Durant scored two free throws to end the game with a total of 30 points. As the final buzzer sounded, the Kings were quick to leave the floor. Karl was requested to be interviewed by the sideline reporter.
“You know, I just came in and wanted to be aggressive. I played hard, it’s the only way to play,” Karl was answering one of the questions.
Durant jumped in and interrupted, “This is my boy here. This is my team baby! If it wasn’t for me, he wouldn’t be standing here right now!”
Durant hit his chest with force three times and shouted, “My team baby!” into the camera before leaving Karl and the sideline reporter awestruck. The shenanigans continued in the post-game press conference with Moses Chara complaining about the officiating and the opponents.
“You know, those guys are a bunch of losers. They think they’re better than us,” Chara arrogantly announced, “They’re lucky that we’re in regular season mode. We step it up in the playoffs.”

It was late but Sit was still in his office watching some game footage to prepare for the games ahead. The team had left many hours ago after a taxing practice run. George Karl knocked on his door.
“Come in.”
Karl opened the door slightly, “I’ve just heard that something might be done.”
“What do you mean something?” Sit quizzed.
“A deal,” Karl confirmed.
Sit was interested, “Ok.”
“Still rumours – I don’t know specifics. I’m going home now but if I hear anything more of it, I will give you a call.”
Sit bid him goodnight and Karl left. Sit returned to his game tape with pen and paper in hand.

Ty had not fallen asleep yet and was quietly browsing online the trade rumours he was involved in. There was lots of speculation that he was headed to Toronto or even Minnesota. Another interesting destination was Philadelphia as he heard word that the Stealth had offered him along with David Lee for Andre Iguodala, Elton Brand and Vince Carter.
“So many rumours,” Ty laughed to himself, thinking of Coach Sit’s assurance that he was staying in Seattle.
“I really think Kevin is the one who will be gone,” Sit had told Ty earlier on, “Don’t worry about it.”
Regardless of Sit’s scoop, Ty had prepared himself for leaving the team. It was exactly two seasons ago when he had requested a trade out of Seattle and he was still open to the idea. He had gotten enough of the treatment from Durant and also felt like he needed a fresh start. Either way, he was able to sign elsewhere this Summer so even if he wasn’t traded, he was thinking of moving teams anyway in the offseason.
Ty checked his email before he shut down the laptop to head to bed. There was a new message in there from his agent. It read: Hey Ty! The latest word is that the Sixers and Raptors are both very keen to have you on board. I reckon that there’s a slim chance you will be dealt. Still no word about any kind of Durant deal. He’s a douche bag so I bet no one really wants him playing for them. I will call you if anything happens!

Durant had just got out of the shower and was getting a massage from his masseuse.
“Oh yeah,” he stated, “That’s the spot.”
His personal assistant had walked in with phone in his hand, “KD, I got a phone call for you.”
“Who?”
“Front office.”
“What is it?”
“They said it’s important.”
Durant waved off the masseuse and sat upright in his chair.
“Give it to me.”
The personal assistant gave him the phone and stood near.
“Hello?” Durant answered.
“Things aren’t looking too good...” the voice on the other side said.
The phone conversation was brief and after he had hung up, Durant sat there emotionless. The personal assistant tried to gauge to see how his boss might have been feeling. But he couldn’t tell.

Ty’s phone rang. It was the middle of the night. Who could be calling at this hour? Ty thought to himself. Ty reached over and, still not fully awake, pressed the busy button on the phone. He tried to get back to sleep. Two minutes later, his phone began ringing again. Ty reached over and put it to his ear.
“Hello?” Ty groggily answered.
The voice on the other end apologized, “I am sorry for the late call Mr Tyson but this is a very urgent call.”
Ty forced himself to sit up and flicked on the bedside lamp.
“Yeah, go on,” he replied and continued to listen.
“I have some bad news for you.”
Last edited by Fresh8 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:44 am

Not more bad news for Ty! I have a feeling he's staying and that his comatose girlfriend has passed away. Probably wrong though...
Lamrock

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 7: Show Must Go On

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:49 am

Nice chapter man... hopefully KD leaves, it's time already :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby dare on Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:49 am

Both got traded? :lol:
dare
True kings have rings

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:22 pm

It's Jao Wu's team now baby!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Martti. on Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:08 pm

Hmm, very interesting. Can't wait to see what move did you do.

At least I got the All-Stars right. :)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:11 pm

All-Star Rosters Finalised

February 10, 2013

NEW YORK (AP) – The All-Star reserves were announced last night, setting the stage for what should be an intriguing matchup between the brightest stars in the NBA this season.

The Seattle Stealth have a grand total of three players, the most out of any NBA team, in the mid-season spectacle as they are represented by All-Star starter Andrew Bogut and reserves Kevin Durant and Reshawn Tyson. The Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers were the only other teams with multiple All-Stars.

Four players will make their All-Star Game debuts after being selected by the Head Coaches as reserves. The Western Conference will see three players make their debuts: Reshawn Tyson (23.6 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 4.4 apg, 1.5 spg), Al Jefferson (17 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 1.7 bpg) and Kevin Love (12.7, 7.6 rpg, 3.7 apg, 1.1 bpg). Al Horford (11.3 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 3.0 apg, 1.1 bpg), who is having a career year, is the only new-comer for the Eastern Conference.

All-Star Weekend will be held in Sacramento. The rosters are as follows:

Western Conference All-Stars

Name (All-Star Appearance)

C Andrew Bogut, Seattle Stealth (5th)
    F Martti Must, Memphis Grizzlies (2nd)
    F Moses Chara, Sacramento Kings (4th)
    G Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers (15th)
    G Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets (6th)

Ray Lliach, Los Angeles Clippers (3rd)
    Reshawn Tyson, Seattle Stealth (1st)
    Kevin Durant, Seattle Stealth (5th)
    Kevin Love, Phoenix Suns (1st)
    Al Jefferson, Minnesota Timberwolves (1st)
    Deron Williams, Utah Jazz (3rd)
    Brandon Roy, Portland Trailblazers (2nd)

Eastern Conference All-Stars

Name (All-Star Appearance)

C Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic (7th)
    F Chris Bosh, Toronto Raptors (6th)
    F LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers (9th)
    G Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat (8th)
    G Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics (2nd)

Barney Steele, New Jersey Nets (2nd)
    Gilbert Arenas, Washington Wizards (8th)
    Rudy Gay, Cleveland Cavaliers (2nd)
    Jay Gray, Milwaukee Bucks (3rd)
    Al Horford, Atlanta Hawks (1st)
    Michael Beasley, Miami Heat (2nd)
    Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia 76ers (4th)

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - Chapter 7, ASG 2013 Rosters

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:16 pm

ATTENTION!

Martti and The X have been awarded 50 points to use on their virtual selves. Valor is awarded 25.

Please PM me what areas you want improvements for! :)

Dare scored 50 but he does not have a current player, your points will be considered when I create your rookie for the draft that you are in.

And if anyone would like to join the association as a rookie, please PM me!
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:30 am

Hell yeah. My boy Jay Gray made it. Wouldn't have gotten there without the L-icopter spreading the floor though.
Lamrock

Postby Martti. on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:14 am

East starting line-up like it will be this season. :)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:38 am

Martti Must Out Of All-Star Game

February 12, 2013

MEMPHIS (AP) – Martti Must, voted to start the 2013 All-Star Game, has withdrawn due to a sprained ankle. The disappointed Grizzlies star said that he had tried his best to recover from the injury but would not push himself.

“My team needs to make the playoffs,” Must explained, “So I have to be healthy. This is what happens when you are the franchise player. You have to make the right decisions.” The MVP candidate was praised by his Head Coach Gary Payton for showing initiative by choosing to sit.

NBA Commissioner David Stern picked Utah Jazz PF Donnell Lawrence as Must’s replacement. Lawrence was the second overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the same as Must, and will make his All-Star debut in Sacramento. Must’s replacement in the starting lineup will be selected by the coaching staff for the Western Conference All-Stars.

Read More…

- - -

Sit As Western Conference Coach

February 12, 2013

SACRAMENTO (AP) – Seattle Stealth Head Coach Will Sit said he is honoured to make his All-Star Game coaching debut. However, he did joke that it was bittersweet that he would be doing it in Sacramento; his NBA team’s main rival.

“Maybe I will have to bench Moses (Chara) for the whole game,” Sit laughed, making reference to the Kings’ star player, “I think if I did that, I would be pelted with rocks at half time!”

Sit discussed plenty of things in his interview with ESPN.com. He kept things secret as to who he would start in Memphis Grizzlies PF Martti Must’s places for the West. He talked about how it would be fun to have three Stealth players in the All-Star Game and how his side was looking down the stretch before the postseason.

One of the more interesting things he talked about was his thoughts on rookie PG Jao Wu. “He’s a little frustrated,” Sit said of his first overall draft pick, “If I was him, I’d probably be feeling the same. He’s just got to be a little more patient. We have a good winning situation here and once Jason (Kidd) retires, Jao will get his chance to contribute.”

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - All-Star News Update

Postby Martti. on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:42 pm

Sucks a bit, but I'll take a deep playoff-run over an All-Star appearance any day.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Lamrock on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:31 pm

Time for D-Law to prove he really was the right pick in 2009!
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:45 pm

Lamrock wrote:Time for D-Law to prove he really was the right pick in 2009!

What's with you and you hyphenated nicknames?

Martti. wrote:Sucks a bit, but I'll take a deep playoff-run over an All-Star appearance any day.

Just hope you do make the playoffs! :P
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:51 pm

L-Train: He'll take you places.
Martti Bust: 'Nuff said.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:01 pm

:lol: I don't like L-Train's chances against Martti the King of Estonia.
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:29 pm

It's been a while since i last came on, just had a quick read of everything and its looking great still (Y)
Can't believe Yao was edged out of a starting spot to Bogut and ended up not even getting on the roster though, too unrealistic unless he's down with another season ending injury, and rondo as the East starter? :shake:

Hope Durant gets traded instead of Ty, but knowing you, anything could happen :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:54 pm

Valor wrote:It's been a while since i last came on, just had a quick read of everything and its looking great still (Y)
Can't believe Yao was edged out of a starting spot to Bogut and ended up not even getting on the roster though, too unrealistic unless he's down with another season ending injury, and rondo as the East starter? :shake:

Hope Durant gets traded instead of Ty, but knowing you, anything could happen :wink:

The case for Bogut is as follows:

You're disrespecting Bogut. Seattle are first in the Western Conference. Houston are last. Their scoring averages are similar, Yao probably wins on the boards. Bogut deserves the starting spot. Al Jefferson is averaging similar numbers to both players and Minnesota is higher in the West. I personally believe it was nice to see Yao get beaten out by two players on winning teams. That's what real All-Stars do!
Fresh8

Postby hova- on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:06 am

Good job on having those three on the Western Squad. And also decent to see Sit coaching in the ASG. You're team is definitely as good as it has never been before.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:23 pm

hova- wrote:Good job on having those three on the Western Squad. And also decent to see Sit coaching in the ASG. You're team is definitely as good as it has never been before.

Thanks man. We're definitely having the best season ever in Stealth history... very fitting that it is Jason Kidd's last with the team. I'm pretty sure he will retire. Hopefully as an NBA champion!
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:46 am

Sit wrote:it is Jason Kidd's last with the team. I'm pretty sure he will retire. Hopefully as an NBA champion!

:bowdown:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:06 pm

James: You Will Know Who Is The King

February 13, 2013

CLEVELAND (AP) – Cleveland Cavalier and reigning NBA MVP LeBron James has sent out a warning to Sacramento King Moses Chara ahead of the NBA All-Star Game. “The King has spoken and you will find out who the real king is,” James stated after his team won last night, “Moses Chara is overrated.”

The two triple double machines have had a very public rivalry in the past and the opportunity for James to win an All-Star MVP on Chara’s home court seems very tempting. Chara responded to James’ challenge with a bit of a jab, “Someone should tell that fool to check who the NBA Most Valuable Player is going to be this year. I’m not about the All-Star Game award because the All-Star Game is a bit of a joke. But if he wants to say he can beat me then I’ve got to apologise to the other Western Conference guys but it’s this idiot’s (James) fault if I go solo in a few nights.”

Chara’s Kings have been far superior to James’ Cavs this season and as a result Chara is on pace to win the league MVP. The Cavs held the best record in the NBA last season with Chara a close runner up for the league MVP that James won.

Read More…

- - -

Chara Makes Bold Statements About Rivals

February 13, 2013

SACRAMENTO (AP) – Sacramento King Moses Chara, preparing for the All-Star Game to be held on his home court, made some bold statements about his Western Conference rivals Seattle Stealth. In an interview with ESPN writer Woody Hannes, Chara called Andrew Bogut the best player in Seattle and the only reason that the Stealth were currently in first place was the presence of the Stealth Head Coach.

“I have a lot of respect for Coach Sit,” Chara said, “He’s a young guy who’s gotten his team playing well. Without him, they’d be nothing.” The Kings star took a swipe at rivals Kevin Durant and Reshawn Tyson, “Bogut is their best player. Actually, he and David Lee are the only good players on that team. Pretty good for the two white guys. All the rest are rubbish. Don’t even ask me about Kevin Durant or the other guy.”

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born III - James v Chara

Postby Justine. on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:39 pm

<3 Chara
Justine.
Novakaine!

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame