[Hov's Cats]

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: [Hov's Cats] (6-19) - Week 9 Recap!

Postby Martti. on Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:09 am

Go Jackson! Two wins in a row already with the trade. :P

Thunder doing surprisingly good.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:05 am

Superb games by S-Jax. He's been playing awesome! Congrats bro.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:16 am

Nice buzzer beater against Oklahoma City. (Y) I love how Chandler runs straight out of the arena. :lol:
[Hyperize]

Postby Lamrock on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:09 am

Good job with the winning week. That was a fantastic shot, Is it your first road win against a team with a winning record?
Lamrock

Postby hova- on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:15 am

Lamrock, Ye, actually I only had two upsets so far, both at home vs CLE and BOS. I may post a Bobcats indepth statistic for the end of 2009 in my game.
It's quite cool right now. The roster feels way better without Diaw and with Curry under the basket. It also seems to help Gerald Wallace as he gets more PT at PF now and that plays to his strenght.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:18 am

Yeah, I hate Al Thornton but I love having him in the rotation as he can play both forward positions. Its pretty cool that it is the same date in this dynasty as it is in real life. Considering how in-depth the recaps are, that's a pretty nice achievement. :applaud:
Lamrock

Postby hova- on Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:41 am

Lamrock, thank you, man. I guess it comes from the fact that I had some good amount of time lately and that I'm fuckin addicted to this game. I'm sure there will be other days, where I will have problems finding motivation in the future, that's why I try to make the best out of it now.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: [Hov's Cats] (6-13) - Week 8 Preview !

Postby hova- on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:36 am

SIMULATED GAME

Bobcats snatch win in low-scoring OT affaire

ImageImage
Charlotte, December 28th

The Charlotte Bobcats increase their winning streak to three as they beat the Milwaukee Bucks in a very low scoring double overtime game, 91-95.
The Bucks opened the game with a very good offensive outing, as Andrew Bogut led the way with 8 points in the first. He had 17 points and 17 rebounds in the game. Stephen Jackson once again kept the Bobcats in the game as he had 9 of his game-high 20 points in the first quarter. The Bucks were able to grab a 10 point lead in before halftime, but Charlotte had a striking run and fought back into the game by playing tight defense. Tyson Chandler landed one block after another and ended up with a tie for his season-high five swats. He also had 12 boards and 4 points in the ball game. The game went up and down with both teams struggling on offense. Michael Redd led all Bucks with 20 points, Brandon Jennings struggled from the field as he shot 6-20 for 15 points. In first OT both teams could not make decisive baskets, but in the second overtime Gerald Wallace scored 4 points in a row and helped building a slight lead to take the game. He finished with 11 points and 9 rebounds. Rookie Derrick Brown showed some great spark off the bench scoring 15 points in a season-high 17 minutes. Coach Hov decided to assign him to D-league one day after this scoring outburst, as he thinks "Brown deserves to play more to improve his abilities".
Bucks Boxscore
Bobcats Boxscore

Eddy Curry scored 18 points, but only shot 6-12 from the free throw line

Charlotte come back in Toronto, make it four straight Ws

ImageImage
Toronto, December 30th
It was a stellar comeback for the Bobcats in the Air Canada Centre, as they defeated the Raptors by just four points. The Bobcats led all the way in the 3rd quarter when the Raptors managed to turn things around and outscored them by 13 points. The Raptors grabbed their first lead with 8:23 left in the 3rd as Jarrett Jack got fouled on a three pointer and hit all three to give them a two point lead. Hedo Turkoglu added 10 in the 3rd and the Raptors took a 9 points lead. But the Bobcats fought back. Behind some decent play of Stephen Jackson and Gerald Wallace, the Cats got back the lead in the fourth, where they outscored the Raptors by 12 and limited them to only 13 points. With 10.7 seconds left, Charlotte led by two and the Raptors inbounded the ball. They gave the rock to Chris Bosh, who only had 11 points and he missed the potential game-tying shot with 5 seconds left. Ray Felton got the rebound and went to the line making both freethrows, giving the Bobcats a four point lead and the win. He had 11 points and 5 assists. Stephen Jackson scored a game-high 23 points and Gerald Wallace added 17 points and 9 boards. For the Raptors, Turkoglu had 18 points and Jarrett Jack added 14 off the bench. The Raptors only shot .430% from the field and were 1-13 from downtown. Andrea Bargnani was limited to only 10 minutes as he was in foul trouble all game long. The Bobcats had 7 offensive boards and 10 second chance points but only shot .55% from the charity stripe.
Raptors Boxscore
Bobcats Boxscore

Dwyane Wade dominated the first half, despite getting blocked big time on this play

Bobcats open 2010 with a blowout loss @Miami

ImageImage
Miami, December 26th
It was definitely not what everybody expected as Charlotte had a four game winning streak going and the Heat were at 15-15 by now, but Miami blew out the Bobcats in a game that had already been over at halftime. Big credits go to Dwyane Wade. The Heat superstar scored Miami's first 11 points and had 18 points in the first quarter alone to give the Heat a 14 point lead after the first. They extended this lead to 30 at halftime and Coach Hov went nuts on the sideline. "How can we let them beat our a****s like this out there? Okay, I understand, it's D-Wade, okay, okay ... but they should definitely have a good excuse for letting a guy like Cook dropping 10 points in the second on us. I'm very disappointed. We had a streak. And now we start the year like that. Tough, tough", the Cats' coach said afterwards. It was Daquan Cook who scored 10 of his 18 in the 2nd quarter to make the game history. The Cats only shot .41% and coach Hov gave a lot of minutes to his reserve in the 2nd. Acie Law for example, who was assigned back from D-league in exchange for Brown, scored 13 points in 10 minutes that he would never have gotten in a tight game. For the Heat, Wade had 23 points in 19 minutes and Michael Beasley added 14 and 9. The Heat snapped the Bobcats' four game winning streak and find themselves on the 7th seed in the East sitting at 16-15.
Heat Boxscore
Bobcats Boxscore
Play Of The Game: Gerald Wallace with the nasty rejection against Dwyane Wade
phpBB [video]

Mavericks extend their streak to 6
The Dallas Mavericks seem to have finally found their roation as the team is really clicking lately making it six straight wins. After winning three straight at home, the Mavs also took three straight road wins as they beat the Nuggets (107-97), the Rockets (99-77) and the Kings (92-89). Dirk Nowitzki has a great share in Dallas' recent success as he averages 23.8 points and 11.3 rebounds in the last six games.

Streaking Lakers win sixth straight
Just like the Mavs, the Lakers have been coming up big lately, also winning six in a row. They beat three pacific rivals this week, dropping the Suns @Phoenix (115-108) and beating Golden State (109-110) and Sacramento (97-127) in the Staples Center. Pau Gasol has grabbed at least 15 rebounds in each of these games and Ron Artest scored a season-high 28 against the Kings.

Hawks find themselves down, loose 5 in a row
The Atlanta Hawks keep falling as they went 0-3 this week. They had back to back games with the Cavaliers and lost both of them, 98-125 at home on the 29 of December, and 90-97 @Quicken Loans Arena at the 30th of December. Shaq had a season high 27 and 10 rebounds in the second game. The Hawks also fell short against the Knicks 79-77. Joe Johnson missed three games but was back in each of these games playing hurt with a strained abdomen.

Ellington breaks ankle
Rookie Wayne Ellington out of UNC broke a bone in his left ankle during practice last week. Just after getting into better shape, as he scored 8.6 points last month, the 21 year old guard landed on a teammates foot and rolle his ankle badly. He will miss up to two month with the injury which required surgery. Ellington got released from hospital on the last day of the year to celebrate New Year's Eve with his family.

McGrady is back
Tracy McGrady is back on the court. The ex scoring champion of the league played in all three Rockets games of the week and averaged 13 points on .40% shooting. "I am not at 100%, but I feel pretty close. I want these guys to see me as their number one or two option and give me the ball. I want to win this year, but I still think that I can contribute.", T-Mac said after training today.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: [Hov's Cats] (8-20) - Week 10 Recap!

Postby dare on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:52 am

its nice to see you getting some wins man and Curry is really inconsistent to your team but I think you will get use to him :)
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:53 am

Let's get that NUMBER ONE PICK!!!! :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Lamrock on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:53 am

Tough loss in Miami, but another winning week is always good.
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:02 am

Once again a winning week, nice job Hova. Also sweet block by Gerald (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby The X on Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:54 am

Yep, looks like you're starting to get rolling. Still think you're going to struggle to dig yourself out of this hole, so am thinking that it's looking like another 30 win season for Boobcats :(
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:59 pm

dare, ye, he is not doing so well in Sim mode, but when I am playing, he is scoring inside almost at will, at least against defenders he can back down.

Sit, I won't tank. Playoffs are still reachable. .500% should do it.

Lamrock, I'm finally feeling it with this team.

Thierry., yeah, I was like what the hell "He came out of nowhere". Did not count more than one block though.

The X, well I would need to start a streak without loosing every 3rd or fourth game. That's a tough task. The Southeast division is not the easiest to play imho, with Orlando, Miami and the Hawks. The Wizs can also do some damage.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: [Hov's Cats] (2-10) - Week 5 Recap!

Postby hova- on Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:47 pm

Monthly Recap: December Part I

I divided the monthly recap into five parts: Team Standing & Statistics, Race 2 the MVP, Rookie Rankings, Player Focus and Team Focus (shut outs to Sit!)

Team Standings

The acquisition of Shaq has worked well so far for the King and his Cavs

Many things have changed in December as the NBA wishes everybody a happy new year after two month already played this season. Take a look at the standings below to see how your team did so far.

Atlantic Division: The Boston Celtics still have not been able to climb back to number one spot despite the Nets playing not very well in December going 8-8. Lots of injuries have hit the Cs hard as they try to come back to the top of the league. Check out our team focus this week if you want to hear more about the Celtics.
For Toronto and Philadelphia this season has been a disaster. The 76ers are on their way to being the worst team in the league and the Raptors show almost none improvement from last year making it hard for Chris Bosh to decide wether to stay or not. The New York Knicks would definitely like to welcome the Texas native superstar of the 2003 draft class. Right now the Knicks are very well at advertising their talent, playing good basketball and being only a tad below .500%.

Central Division: The Central Division has to be the worst in the league. The Bulls, Bucks and Pistons are way below their expectations and the Pacers are the only team who profited as they went on a decent streak beating their division rivals and sitting 2nd behind the Cavs.
The Cavs. There is no better team right now. They lead the league in PPG and rank 3rd in opponent's PPG. They have three options on offense who play at All-Star level in LeBron, Shaq and Mo. And they have one of the best benches in the league considering Anderson Varejao getting back on track and Leon Powe putting up solid numbers. Just special.

Southeast Division: With the bad run of the Hawks, the Magic took the opportunity and grabbed the lead in the Southeast division. Behind Dwight Howard's big season and a very stacked and talented roster, Orlando is definitely on another way to the Playoffs. The Wizards and Dwyane Wade, ahhh .. pardon, the Miami Heat, are fighting for the 8th seed in the East. For Charlotte, things do not look to good as they dropped way too many games in December. Still the Bobcats won four of their last five.

Northwest Division: The Western Conference powerhouse is the ... Northwest Division! With the Jazz, Nuggets, Blazers and Thunder, four of the West's six best teams are home in the Northwest. The Jazz are still rolling and even an injury of Deron Williams could not slow them down. The Thunder tried their best to weaken the Jazz by acquiring Eric Maynor. Bad move, Utah ... but it's the money, I know. Still, Sam Presti is one of the most intelligent GMs in the league. OKC could be in the Western title race earlier than everybody thought, thanks to Presti.

Pacific Division: The Suns' defense was maybe the cheesiest in the whole Pacific Division (Oh yes, even Nellie could not top it) and thus they dropped a lot of games finding themselves at only the 7th spot in the West. Still they are 2nd only behind the finally streaking Lakers. It's just like the Clippers, Kings and Warriors are not heading in any direction. For the Lakers, success came with Pau and Ron-Ron stepping up. Mr. Bryant likes it.

Southwest Division: Last month I wrote about what a surprise the Southwest Division has been. This month I write about ... what a surprise the Southwest Division has been! Okay, the Mavs finally stepped up and sit at 5th in the West. But where are my Spurs? Where are my Hornets? Where is Chris Paul? The "best point guard in the league" (really, D-Will?) is averaging about 15 points and 8 assists so far as the Hornets just struggle big time. Nothing has worked for them so far and Byron Scott's chair is amazingly groggy. Big moves in New Orleans? Maybe. Big moves in San Antonio? No. Gregg Popovich is still as cool as always and the Spurs just need some time to get their new rotation set. Hopefully not too much because a first round against the Jazz or Lakers would definitely not help them in Playoffs.

ImageImage

Individual Statistics

Superman has lots of reason to smile, leading the league in rebounds and blocks

Last month I focussed on scoring a bit. A bit too much for some readers. ("You only praise the scorers", "How about some defense?").
So this time I decided to take a look at defense. Did you know that Dwight Howard only had two games in single digits at rebounding this year. Superman had only four games where he did not achieve a double-double. It's really nice to see a legit big man doing his thing in this league. His shot blocking is phenomenal. Even if he mistimes his jump (which does not happen too often), Howard still is able to get almost every shot with his amazing wingspan.
But wingspan is not everything. Talk about Manu Ginobili. I dunno if Batman does have a exceptional wingspan, but I don't think so. But his anticipation allows him to see passes before they happen and thus the Argentinian leads the league in steals.
Another beauty is the fact that Kenyon Martin seems to have found his shot blocking ability again. After averaging 1.7 blocks per game in his first two seasons, Martin has not managed to get more than 1.3 per game over 7 seasons. And now, with the Birdman teaching him (dunno about that though) he is blocking away shots at a rate of 2.3 per game. Not bad, son.

hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: [Hov's Cats] (10-21) - December: Team Standings & Statistics

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:43 am

Looking awesome man. Dwight leading both rebs and blocks, nice.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:29 am

Manu and Lebron's steal ratings must be inflated by a lot, no way they can get anywhere near 3 spg in real life....whats with Baron Davis getting 2.8 as well? :shake:
8 games behind the 8th seeded Wizards...you have a long up-hill road to climb before playoffs are within reach....
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:56 am

Valor wrote:Manu and Lebron's steal ratings must be inflated by a lot, no way they can get anywhere near 3 spg in real life....whats with Baron Davis getting 2.8 as well? :shake:
8 games behind the 8th seeded Wizards...you have a long up-hill road to climb before playoffs are within reach....

Steal sim stats seem to always be too high (same as rebounds) in 2k10
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:50 am

Playoffs are able to be achieved (Y) Good luck!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Martti. on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:52 am

6 games out of the Playoffs - still 51 games to go, so everything's possible. :)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby hova- on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:57 am

Thierry., thanks man! Howard is just a beast. The good thing is, he is also when you play against him, not only in simmed games. He just grabs every board out there.

Valor, you're right. I guess I may lower their stealing a bit, but I think the averages will go down with time to come. Injuries etc affect the stats and I noticed almost everybodies stats dropping a bit.

Sit, it's still the goal. But I really have to find ways to win against certain teams like the Heat and the Magic.

Martti., thanks for the kind words and trust ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Its_asdf on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:38 pm

You just had to finish your 4 game winning streak against the Raptors, you bastard.

I'm a little late, but I liked the Eddy Curry trade despite him being the biggest and laziest sack of lard in the history of the universe. I've always felt that he could be a very good big man in this league if he could put a little more effort on the boards or if he's paired with a player like Chandler which masks his deficiencies. Some of his best years were playing along side Chandler. He's only what, 27? He can definitely still play after losing all that weight. D'Antoni just wants to win as many games as possible and he doesn't have the time to ease Curry back into playing shape. Luckily this is 2k so....
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Lamrock on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:33 pm

Fourth worst record in the league bites, but at least you're improving and playoffs are still a possibility. Here's to a winning January. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby The X on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Looks like the Bucks are just as bad in your Association as in mine :lol:

Any idea on trades before deadline or plans for off-season improvement? Or are you just focused on trying to win as many games this season and it will sort itself out later?
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:18 pm

I've been a bit busy lately and I guess January will be the toughest month of the next half years as I have exams and have to write essays etc., so could happen that I may not get to the offseason very soon.

I already played some games of the next week and it's kind of tough. I am playing better now, don't get blown out regularly, but still I miss somebody who can take over when it counts.

My offseason aims are to find the right way on the PG solution. Augustin is playing very well lately. Felton not so, but he's the better playmaker. That one will be a difficult decision.

The next thing is Diop's contract. Since the acquistion of Curry he playing even less. I put him on big guys at times (like Shaq) but he's one of the most limited players on offense in the game I guess.

I'd love to find some smaller swaps or pick deals to get some guys who can help me off the bench. That's another thing I will have to handle, but thats before deadline.

Right now I try to win games, but if keep on playing like this, I might blow the season and work out a plan for the next season. Everyone is tradeable except Wallace and Henderson. (even Curry)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame