Road to Glory - A New Jersey Nets Association

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: [11-13]Road to Glory - Chapter 3, Carter Traded to Orlando

Postby Lamrock on Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:36 pm

The original trade was a far better deal for the Nets. I would take Lee over Turk any day
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:38 pm

thierryhenry50 wrote:Not checking in lately... looks great. Also keeping it realistic with the VC trade (Y) Great job with Kukoc and Rodman!

thanks man, the team wasn't going anywhere with VC so i thought i might do the trade (similar one anyways) and give my team a boost, getting rid of Carter's huge 2+1 year contract is not a bad thing either.
heh, i just can't help but put a bit of Bulls flavor into things :cheeky: (actually, i am just tired of typing out Kiki Vandeweghe, such a long word :wink: )

Lamrock wrote:The original trade was a far better deal for the Nets. I would take Lee over Turk any day

i agree, if it wasn't for cap purposes i'd have done that trade, Turkoglu was the only one with that big a sum (that is expiring) on the Magic team with the exception of Battie
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:29 pm

Missed some stuff, Anthony Roberson killed you with 18 in 9 minutes :D

Nice that you're rebuilding, this will help Lai a lot :D Playing time wise..
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:55 pm

Martti. wrote:Missed some stuff, Anthony Roberson killed you with 18 in 9 minutes :D

Nice that you're rebuilding, this will help Lai a lot :D Playing time wise..

yes he did, i was like who the heck is that guy...(leaves him open to double team the others)....(swish swish) WTF!!! :crazyeyes:

Lai will still be coming off the bench but as you said, he's gonna get a lot more minutes now, maybe around 18-20 a game, hopefully his efficiency doesn't decrease and i can use him like Ben Gordon in his rookie season, since i don't really have a big scorer on my team now that Carter is gone (Harris is a 12-15 ppg player, Lopez is around 10, Yi is around 10, Hedo is around 18-20..)

I am a bit bothered by how to distribute minutes between Harris, Alston, and Patty Mills though...does anyone have suggestions?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:58 pm

Time for you to trade and make minutes for them :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Its_asdf on Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:16 am

I personally would have kept Lee in the deal instead of Turkey Glue. Lee's a lot younger and with the team not doing so hot I think it would have been better to keep your nucleus young.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Valor on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:03 pm

Sit wrote:Time for you to trade and make minutes for them :)

the one i would trade out of the 3 PGs is Skip to my Lou, but i have no clue who i should get right now, all i need is an expiring bench warmer and wait for the offseason, or i could blow it all up and trade for a superstar :wink:

Its_asdf wrote:I personally would have kept Lee in the deal instead of Turkey Glue. Lee's a lot younger and with the team not doing so hot I think it would have been better to keep your nucleus young.

like i said, the salaries don't add up since Turkoglu didn't opt out of his contract in the summer, and if i have Lee and Turkoglu in the same deal, Orlando wasn't going to accept it :(
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:53 am

Lee and Battie?
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:15 am

Lamrock wrote:Lee and Battie?

nope, unless i have Battie and Turkoglu together, the salaries won't add up(Carter's contract is something like 16 million...) :(
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:47 pm

Nets taking offers for Harris?
December 20th 2009

Sources close to the Nets have reported that New Jersey
has been listening to various offers from other teams
regarding their all-star point guard Devin Harris.

The Nets, who traded Vince Carter away a few days ago
to Orlando in a deal that brought them expiring contracts
in Hedo Turkoglu, Tony Battie, and Rafer Alston; and also
a shift in the owner from Bruce Rater to Toni Kukoc and
Dennis Rodman, with the addition of the two taking Kiki
Vandeweghe's place as the GM; are expected to blow things
open and reshuffle the team into the new owner/gm's favor.

Sources have linked several offers for Harris out on the market,
including Emeka Okafor from the Charlotte Bobcats, OJ Mayo from
the Memphis Grizzlies, Josh Smith of the Atlanta Hawks, Tyson
Chandler from the New Orleans Hornets, and Paul Milsap of the
Minnesota Timberwolves.

The Nets are 3-0 since the Carter deal, but it is possible that they
would make some big moves and attempt to contend for a championship
as soon as possible.

Other Nets players who are rumored to be on the trading block include
Josh Boone, newly acquired Rafer Alston, and offseason signing Darius
Miles.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [14-13]Road to Glory - Nets taking offers for Harris?

Postby Martti. on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:44 pm

Some of those offers are quite appealing. You would get better players for Harris, but I think you should keep him and trade Alston.

PS! Check out my Heat dynasty (Click sig)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:46 am

Martti. wrote:Some of those offers are quite appealing. You would get better players for Harris, but I think you should keep him and trade Alston.

PS! Check out my Heat dynasty (Click sig)

haha sure, i'll go have a read when time allows :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:53 am

Maybe a Miles-Alston combo... and acquire a good forward like Okafor or Millsap. (Y)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Crime Story (1993), Capturing the Friedmans (2003), Snake Eyes (1998) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:00 am

Nets' Alston goes to Boston in three team deal
December 26th 2009

The Boston Celtics have acquired Nets' Point Guard Rafer Alston in a three team deal ,
general manager Danny Ainge announced earlier today.

The Deal involved the New Jersey Nets, the Boston Celtics, and the Detroit Pistons.

New Jersey Sends Rafer Alston to the Boston Celtics, while receiving forward Walter Sharpe from
the Pistons in return. The Celtics also send forwards Brian Scalabrine, Mikki Moore, and
Bill Walker to Detroit in exchange for center Adonal Foyle and also guard Gabe Pruitt, who was
traded from the Celtics to Detroit just yesterday in exchange for Detroit's 2010 first round draft
pick.

Alston, who was traded from the Orlando Magic to the Nets in a package deal that saw Vince Carter
going to Orlando, has done little in New Jersey, going in and out of Lawrence Frank's rotation due to
the stellar play from rookie point guard Patrick Mills, and even when he was on the floor, Alston could
not contribute effectively.

"It's just, one game i am playing 10 minutes, next game i play 5, then i get 14...these kinds of minutes
throws my game off, i just can't get into rhythm" Alston said "I am thankful that they were able to respond
to my trade requests quickly, and to top it off, i am going to a title contending team in Boston. This is a
great situation for me"
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:02 am

thierryhenry50 wrote:Maybe a Miles-Alston combo... and acquire a good forward like Okafor or Millsap. (Y)

nope, as you can see, i traded Skip to my Lou away already :)
i don't need another big anyways, my forward/center rotation of Lopez, Williams, Yi, and Turkoglu is doing just fine :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [15-14]Road to Glory - Alston dealt to Boston in three-way

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:33 am

So, it's Alston for Sharpe? You could have acquired something better man... :|
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:53 am

thierryhenry50 wrote:So, it's Alston for Sharpe? You could have acquired something better man... :|

i now have 8+ million dollars in cap space :P as well as a whole roster full of expiring contracts. I can sign an impact role player for this season and make a big splash in the offseason :)
besides, Alston wasn't getting much playing time and wasn't doing much, Patty Mills was outplaying him :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:57 am

Let's hope some superstar will be a free agent. :)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:26 pm

Martti. wrote:Let's hope some superstar will be a free agent. :)

yup, or else i'd look like a complete idiot for making all these trades :lol:
i guess i would have a lot of cap to take on big contracts in a trade, which might be incentive for other teams to give me some terrific players :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:47 am

Harris Drops 42 as Nets blowout Thunder

Oklahoma City, OK - As he watched Hedo Turkoglu struggling to put the ball in the basket for the second straight game, Devin Harris wasn't going to wait around and hope for his relatively new teammate to find his stroke back this time. He took it upon himself to score.

And he did just that.

Nets' point guard Devin Harris scored a season high 42 points, 17 of which were in the third quarter, on 16 for 25 shooting, including 3 for 6 from beyond the arc and a perfect 7 for 7 from the charity stripe, and added in 10 assists to help turn the game from a close contest to a blowout victory for New Jersey.

"Well, Hedo was struggling again tonight, last game we tried to get his rhythm and stroke back, and that cost us the game, so this time i told myself to be aggressive and put points on the board" Harris said after the game "I was in a good rhythm and it was good that it worked out, don't expect me to drop 42 every night though, that's not my primary role on the team, tonight was just one of those nights"

Turkoglu was just 4 for 17 from the field tonight and ended with 12 points, he bricked all 7 of his three point attempts and started the game 0 for 9 from the field. Rookie Patrick Mills was also struggling shooting the ball tonight, going 1 for 11 in 10 minutes off the bench for 2 points, 2 assists, and a steal.

Yi Jianlian had a big performance to help his teammate Harris, going 6 for 10 from the field for 13 points, including a putback dunk with 3 defenders in the lane, Yi also grabbed 15 rebounds, had 5 assists, and a career high 6 steals.

"I was lucky tonight," Yi said "The other team (Thunder) made a lot of bad passes and i just found myself with the loose ball for a few times"

Other major contributors to the Nets' victory include rookie Leo Lai, who had 19 points and 5 assists in 20 minutes off the bench, and 3rd year man Sean Williams, who had 2 points and 14 rebounds in his 20 minutes coming off the bench. Brook Lopez also had a decent night with 12 points and 8 rebounds in 27 minutes of play.

The Thunder, who got off to a strong start and were trailing by only 2 at halftime before getting blown out by Harris and the Nets in the second half, were led by former Rookie of the Year Kevin Durant, who had 25 points and 6 rebounds on 11 for 29 shooting from the field in 31 minutes of play. Rookie Tyreke Evans, who received rookie of the month honors last month, had 21 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists in 29 minutes of play while last season's rookie of the year Russell Westbrook had 14 points, 9 assists, and 4 rebounds in the contest.

The Nets are now 16-14, tied for 6th place in the Eastern Conference Standings while the Thunder's losing streak reaches 4, and sit at the bottom of the league at 10-23

New Jersey will cap off the month in Sacramento against the 11-18 Kings

Notes: Despite the Alston trade, Nets' Devin Harris is still linked to a number of trade rumors.....OKC's offseason signing Trevor Ariza has been complaining about his playing time (or lack thereof) lately.....The Nets outscored the Thunder 50-28 in Points in the Paint......Lai scored 19 of the Nets' bench's 27 points......The Nets are now 5-1 after the Carter trade.....

Highlights
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

Jordan Player of the Game Highlights
phpBB [video]
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [16-14]Road to Glory - Harris drops 42 on OKC

Postby Clutch on Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:54 am

forget about Harris and his 40... i wanna know the scoop on this cat! :cheeky:

(great recap btw! love the vids)
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby Martti. on Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:06 am

A pretty spectacular performance by Harris and even more impressive was the win. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:29 am

Clutch wrote:forget about Harris and his 40... i wanna know the scoop on this cat! :cheeky:

(great recap btw! love the vids)

haha i donno, maybe Krstic decided that having a black and white contrast look will be cool? :lol: (It's actually something to do with his cyberface since he is a created player and all...i don't know how to fix that problem)

and thanks man, 'preciate it :)

Martti. wrote:A pretty spectacular performance by Harris and even more impressive was the win. (Y)

Harris was on fire baby :) shake and bake, crossing over people, getting into the lane, catch and shoot...you name it :D
Turk wasn't hitting anything, even missing wide open looks by far, so i just went with Harris, and it worked :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:10 am

Valor wrote:maybe Krstic decided that having a black and white contrast look will be cool? :lol: (It's actually something to do with his cyberface since he is a created player and all...i don't know how to fix that problem)

The same happened to me... I tried not to post any Krstic pics :P Great wins bro!
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:51 am

thierryhenry50 wrote:
Valor wrote:maybe Krstic decided that having a black and white contrast look will be cool? :lol: (It's actually something to do with his cyberface since he is a created player and all...i don't know how to fix that problem)

The same happened to me... I tried not to post any Krstic pics :P Great wins bro!

Thanks man, finally above .500 and in playoff contention, although it's just an easy schedule for the last 6 games, which happened to be right after i traded away Carter...
i would normally try to avoid recapping Thunder games, but since their rookie Tyreke Evans is having such a nice season thus far, i had to do it :P
Read more on them in my monthly recap, which would feature a R2MVP section and a Rookie Rankings :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame