A LEGEND IS BORN II

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A Legend Is Born II - Epilogue

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:26 pm

Oh my, are you serious? If you are, then this is the end of a piece of NLSC history. It's sad in one way. But on the other hand you know what? I don't think it's that bad. And why?

Well, look at it from another angle. It's like a NBA player who does not want to retire. Right now I feel like you retire this D on it's peak. And that's just a clever thing. Shaq did not retire after reaching his peak. And now he's an old man who only has a chance to win because of the the King.
You never know what could have happened. Maybe you would not have the time to update it regularly in the future. Or you might loose your motivation/fun.
So if you really end this right now, it's not the worst decision. I mean everybody would have loved to see you making it another season, but ending it now, it's just a legend. (that's what the title suggests)

Good luck, man! Greatest D ever made. (Y) (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:26 pm

Lamrock wrote:That sucks. All of the good dynasties are ending. A while back you said you wanted to make ALIB a trilogy, so I hope that happens.

dare wrote:why Sit why, you better make an ALIBIII

I want to focus my energy and time on other things. Maybe a different team/story.

TheDee wrote:It's just Wrong. :?

What's wrong?

Thierry. wrote:Are you serious, man? :cry:

Yes. Unfortunately.

De8 wrote:You know,there is an option to resign and manage another team in Association,bur Sit if you are ending it,plz don't!!!

I do know that about managing another team. Not really what I wanna do right now.

Jae wrote:
Durant was cynical, “Portland are shit.”

:lol: . God Durant's an ass.

Yes he is. :)

hova- wrote:Oh my, are you serious? If you are, then this is the end of a piece of NLSC history. It's sad in one way. But on the other hand you know what? I don't think it's that bad. And why?

Well, look at it from another angle. It's like a NBA player who does not want to retire. Right now I feel like you retire this D on it's peak. And that's just a clever thing. Shaq did not retire after reaching his peak. And now he's an old man who only has a chance to win because of the the King.
You never know what could have happened. Maybe you would not have the time to update it regularly in the future. Or you might loose your motivation/fun.
So if you really end this right now, it's not the worst decision. I mean everybody would have loved to see you making it another season, but ending it now, it's just a legend. (that's what the title suggests)

Good luck, man! Greatest D ever made. (Y) (Y)

Thanks man. Lost the time, the motivation to update this. I guess will post more of my thoughts once my thread's milestone comes up, which should be in a few days time. That will explain and confirm this thread's retirement. :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Martti. on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Well, I think it's the best story ever put together. And I agree with Hova about ending at the right time. After a few years with the same team, it's easy to lose motivation. After I finish a season, I can't wait for the summer stuff, signings etc and when the next season starts, it's all gone.

So yeah, ALIB III would be nice. Do what you think is best. And even if you don't start a new one, check my stories. :P
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:51 pm

sucks that you are ending it but....

HOF for sure (Y)

get your speech ready :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:21 pm

I guess everybody missed the Durant point where he went behind Sit's back & got him fired. This is Durant's team after all. It always was :P Sit allowed a monster to grow & in the end it consumed him.

If it has come to an end, that is sad but also completely understandable. If there is one thing I will request, please don't delete your Association, at the very least do a season sim forward. I think I'm not the only dynasty head who likes to see how players and legacies end up. Will Moses Chara ever get his team to the playoffs? Win MVP? Become a Legend? Is Jay Gray the next Tim Duncan? Is Watson & the Nuggets finally going to get some breaks and win it all? Or will he walk once his rookie contract is up? Either way think about it :wink:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby dare on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:25 pm

The X wrote:I guess everybody missed the Durant point where he went behind Sit's back & got him fired. This is Durant's team after all. It always was :P Sit allowed a monster to grow & in the end it consumed him.

If it has come to an end, that is sad but also completely understandable. If there is one thing I will request, please don't delete your Association, at the very least do a season sim forward. I think I'm not the only dynasty head who likes to see how players and legacies end up. Will Moses Chara ever get his team to the playoffs? Win MVP? Become a Legend? Is Jay Gray the next Tim Duncan? Is Watson & the Nuggets finally going to get some breaks and win it all? Or will he walk once his rookie contract is up? Either way think about it :wink:

Well if Sit's gonna post it I hope he post it in another thread, making this one sim will ruin it's "best ever" title.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby The X on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:35 pm

No dare, I think you missed the point. For all you & I know, this whole dynasty he did might've been 100% sim. That's the joy of it, it's story based.

My point was out of interest. I don't think it would personally ruin it, but is up to him. To invest so much time into a dynasty & not to have any interest in seeing how it plays out just seems unusual to me.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby dare on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:43 pm

The X, Okay I got you but everybody has it's opinion right :wink:
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:11 am

Yes, this likely goes down as the best dynasty ever. I like the way you ended it, sending it off with a story recap rather than just "Meh. Retired". Classy end to a classy dynasty.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:08 am

The Story So Far…

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. And thank you Valor for encouraging me to write the following.

I just wanted to share with everyone the thoughts I had after looking back at the work I have done over the past 15 months on A Legend Is Born II.

Firstly, I want to thank all of my old readers who are still here from my A Legend Is Born days and who have followed my second story so closely. You are a huge reason for me making a return to NLSC and making this second association story. However, there is one poster who deserves the warmest and largest thank you and that is Lamrock. I am not the one to thank for making this story, none of it would have been possible had it not been for Lamrock.

After my first story got inducted into the dynasty Hall of Fame, I looked back at it and realised that this guy, I had no idea of who he was, had posted:

Don't end this! Please! I have been following this on and off since it started, and this is my favorite dynasty! PLEASE write part 2, or at the very least finish Part 1.

I am begging you. You make the best dynasties here. The Lakers are one of my least favorite teams and I was rooting for them in your 2005 dynasty. You just HAVE to finish this.

I had always wanted to post the ending to the first story. At the time, there was a 50/50 shot at continuing that story in a second instalment. I never got around to either. Once the story was in the Hall of Fame, there was no way I could have added to it. It was a bit of a shame but after seeing Lamrock’s comments and also being the competitive person that I am; I decided to make a return to the game. So thank you to Lamrock in particular who was a huge reason for ALIB II.

Secondly, thank you to all my new readers. Without your continual support, this story would not have last 15 months. I know there were times where the activity dropped off. That’s when I would lose followers but when I picked up the slack again, I would gain some new ones. Thanks to all of you for following. My warmest regards for guys like Valor, Hova, Martti, Thierry, and of course The X – you guys have been there from the start of the story until the end. I know that there are many others who have been following but these guys I have just mentioned have been there for the entire duration of this. Don’t feel bad for not being mentioned; I just don’t want to bore everyone by listing name after name after name.

Now - onto why I shut this one down. I can’t deny that I have lost a bit of motivation in updating this. The thread was getting big enough as it is. To address everyone on what I am going to do with this next, the answer is I am unsure. I have ideas (including what X has suggested) but now is not the right time for me. I am just too busy in real life. I want to focus my energy into a new venture if I do create a new association story. (My-Player story may be on the cards)

What I am most proud of myself is not just going through three seasons (And I did play the games; not all 82 of each season of course!) but it was my ability to make myself and others fall in love with certain characters. I had a lot of fun twisting the personality of Kevin Durant (I hope the real one don’t mind) and making him one of the most hated players in this story. I hope you all felt for Reshawn Tyson in his flashbacks and I must admit that Moses Chara was not featured nearly as much as I had planned/would have liked. Blame Durant for that.

It’s great people have cheered on generics like Jay Gray and Louis Nixon. It’s great you all loved Woody Hannes (He’s much cooler than guys like Stephen A Smith, JA Adande, Marc Stein, the Sport's Guy, and any other ESPN.com writer combined). And I think deserve much praise for keeping Kobe Bryant’s presence to a minimum. I never knew I was capable of that. Now I know I am!

I wanted to write an association/dynasty story, which was a story. Most of our threads are full of pictures and fancy graphics and all that. I just can’t make stuff like that so I decided to use my biggest strength: story-telling. I am much relived that it did not go to waste and I have been able to produce something like what I have churned out with ALIB II.

Finally, I would like to say that since I have surpassed 2750 replies, 45000 views, I hope that this is in X’s platinum category. He set the bar at 2500, 50000 but I hope mine’s deserves enough to be put in the category. Nevertheless, if it isn’t, it should be up there in a few month’s time when views hit 50000.

Thank you once again to everyone for following. It has been a pleasure to write for you all. It would not have been right not to sign off with an address to my readers.

Stay fresh, keep it real,

Sit

PS: I did not rig the 2011 NBA Finals.
PSS: Get me into the Dynasty Hall Of Fame please boys! :P
PSSS: Lamrock, on the weekend, told me that XBox 360s do crash over time, i was worried i would lose all my game data...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Disclaimer: None of the events or characters in this Association Story are real-life portrayals of relate-able events or individuals or organizations. This story is fictitious with no real life basis. If any similarities do occur, it is of mere coincidence. I will also not be held liable for any defamation, libel, or whatever equivalent offense that I may be alleged to have committed.
Last edited by Fresh8 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born II - Epilogue + Address to my Readers!

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:19 am

Sit wrote:Disclaimer: None of the events or characters in this Association Story are real-life portrayals of relate-able events or individuals or organizations. This story is fictitious with no real life basis. If any similarities do occur, it is of mere coincidence. I will also not be held liable for any defamation, libel, or whatever equivalent offense that I may be alleged to have committed.

That just tells everyone you really made a story.

You don't have to thank me, I thank you for this wonderful, HOF-worthy 55 pages. (Y)

Now, back to your new thread (if you ever make one), I'm rooting for a Moses Chara My Player story.
:wink:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:45 am

:applaud: Great way to send off arguably the best dynasty ever (even though it technically wasn't a dynasty). Your commitment and story-telling talents are truly something else.

Glad my post inspired you to make this, but ALIB 2 is all you. If not for it, this niche within a niche hobby would likely be on its last legs. Should you go on to make an ALIB or something similar, I would probably advise against a My Player story, but I know you'd have something good up your sleeve.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 am

Thierry. wrote:
Sit wrote:Disclaimer: None of the events or characters in this Association Story are real-life portrayals of relate-able events or individuals or organizations. This story is fictitious with no real life basis. If any similarities do occur, it is of mere coincidence. I will also not be held liable for any defamation, libel, or whatever equivalent offense that I may be alleged to have committed.

That just tells everyone you really made a story.

You don't have to thank me, I thank you for this wonderful, HOF-worthy 55 pages. (Y)

Now, back to your new thread (if you ever make one), I'm rooting for a Moses Chara My Player story.
:wink:

Thanks Thierry. I wish I could photoshop like you!

Lamrock wrote::applaud: Great way to send off arguably the best dynasty ever (even though it technically wasn't a dynasty). Your commitment and story-telling talents are truly something else.

Glad my post inspired you to make this, but ALIB 2 is all you. If not for it, this niche within a niche hobby would likely be on its last legs. Should you go on to make an ALIB or something similar, I would probably advise against a My Player story, but I know you'd have something good up your sleeve.

Thank you to you again! :)

My Player Story is an untouched area. Perhaps I can pioneer something. (Y)
Fresh8

Postby dare on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:02 pm

Awesome write-up again man, nice way of ending the "best ever" dynasty.. hope I can be in one of your shout outs maybe in your My Player mode :wink: best of luck man in your next project :D
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:19 pm

Don't do it. The game's unrealistic progression and nonexistent inside defense (sliders don't work in My Player) ruins it, at least for me. I found a great set of Sliders that I could point you in the direction of. Extremely realistic experience. Its the reason I'm starting a new association.
Lamrock

Postby kaiser_kobe on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:22 pm

Wow, what a graceful ending for a successful story...yeah, your great story-telling skills really made the color and picture of this dynasty (or association, either of the two)...well, this should be in the HOF in a blink of an eye! (Y) We should be the one to thank you for all of your time and effort in producing this work of excellence. :wink:

How 'bout making a "Will Sit" My Player story? :P
See it and tell me what you think.

Toys for the Big Boys.
kaiser_kobe

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:30 pm

dare wrote:Awesome write-up again man, nice way of ending the "best ever" dynasty.. hope I can be in one of your shout outs maybe in your My Player mode :wink: best of luck man in your next project :D

I was going to give you a shoutout but would have meant going through everyone who came before you. :P

But I will give you a shoutout now, one of my newest and most avid followers! (Y)

Lamrock wrote:Don't do it. The game's unrealistic progression and nonexistent inside defense (sliders don't work in My Player) ruins it, at least for me. I found a great set of Sliders that I could point you in the direction of. Extremely realistic experience. Its the reason I'm starting a new association.

Yeah, I was more intrigued in doing a story of a player who needs to break out of the D-League and to join an NBA team... but don't know. Will reconsider. In the time being, I think will take a well deserved rest from making stories! And other suggestions on future projects?

And actually, now is a good time to ask - any feedback on what I can add? What I can take out?

kaiser_kobe wrote:Wow, what a graceful ending for a successful story...yeah, your great story-telling skills really made the color and picture of this dynasty (or association, either of the two)...well, this should be in the HOF in a blink of an eye! (Y) We should be the one to thank you for all of your time and effort in producing this work of excellence. :wink:

How 'bout making a "Will Sit" My Player story? :P

Thanks kaiser. Kenneth Dela Cruz was looking likely to be a starter in Dallas, especially after you won that tipping competition. :P Sorry couldn't continue it...
Fresh8

Postby Mark. on Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:09 pm

Well done dude :applaud: Gotta say im gutted that its over, but as they say all good things must come to an end. Looking forward to seeing what you do next. Im rooting for a FIFA My Player Story (Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:03 pm

Mark. wrote:Well done dude :applaud: Gotta say im gutted that its over, but as they say all good things must come to an end. Looking forward to seeing what you do next. Im rooting for a FIFA My Player Story (Y)

Very very interesting proposal... I haven't played my FIFA 09 in a while... I think you're onto something Marky Mark. You're an ideas man! (Y)
Fresh8

Postby |)e8* on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:14 pm

Awwww man,the greatest is finished.Plz start a new one plz!!!!Or else this section will become boring!
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby |)e8* on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Awwww man,the greatest is finished.Plz start a new one plz!!!!Or else this section will become boring!
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby The X on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:26 pm

Woody Hannes doesn't hold a candle to Stephen A. Smith. Sorry :lol: I guess I just love his antics & character :lol:

But yep, you'll be at 50,000 views soon enough, which is probably the equivalent of about 150,000 views back in the PC Live dynasty heyday.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:52 pm

De8 wrote:Awwww man,the greatest is finished.Plz start a new one plz!!!!Or else this section will become boring!

Aw man, thanks but not now. Soon, I will start a story of some sort. As Mark suggested, FIFA sounds good!

The X wrote:Woody Hannes doesn't hold a candle to Stephen A. Smith. Sorry :lol: I guess I just love his antics & character :lol:

But yep, you'll be at 50,000 views soon enough, which is probably the equivalent of about 150,000 views back in the PC Live dynasty heyday.

Just because Woody DOESN'T TYPE LIKE THIS AND COME UP WITH RANDOM, OBNOXIOUS, AND HARD TO FOLLOW THEORIES, he does not hold a candle to STEPHEN A.... yes... yes indeed. :lol:
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:40 am

Those ESPN guys suck, because you have to be an insider to read their stuff.

A My Player story from you will be cool. You can add even more twists into the story. All I have so far is that I hate Jaric. :P

50k is coming soon. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby StupidBoy on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:43 am

Damn, too bad you had to end this... Truly, the best story written on this forum. I might read through the whole thread sometime, just for the heck of it. :D

I hope you open up a new story sometime soon. But I hope you don't do a My Player story. I just don't think it would last, because you couldn't simulate the games like you did in this one. You'd have to play all 82 games. (+ the Summer Circuit, training camp and D-League) (N)
StupidBoy

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame