My very own

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Postby Matthew on Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:55 pm

Srbija, they'll be added. I want to see how this dyansty thread goes without them for a bit :cool:

Andrew, I've been tempted to make some big deals. Jalen Rose is a player I'm really interested, but theres no way I'm going to trade Odom for him. The bad thing about 2k6 is it doesnt really take the size of the contract into account with trades.

Standings update

Pacific W-L % GB

Lakers 15-5 .750 0

Suns 13-6 .684 1.5

Kings 12-8 .600 3.0

Warriors 8-12 .400 7.0

Clippers 6-13 .315 8.5

Division Leaders
Heat 13W 7L (Looks like a good xmas day game :))
Pacers 12W-7L
Celtics 12W-8L (unrealstic i know, but hey a celtics/lakers finals might not be out of the question?)
Blazers 11W-8L (what are the odds of this happening in both mine and andrews?)
Mavs/Spurs 12W-8L
Lakers 15W 5 L
Matthew

Postby Jugs on Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:58 pm

Blazers are the pwn, in most basketball video games :lol: . Nice trade, although I love Bynum, Warrick is half decent.

This makes me want to start a 2k6 dynasty lol.
Jugs

Postby Srbija on Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:04 pm

Matthew, I was just mucking around, although screens do give it that nice little touch. (Y)

Jugs, Start one, would be nice to see more 2k6 dynasty's. Then maybe you two can have an online series game like H_Rock and Honor and Glow did. :P
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Jugs on Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:08 pm

Not with Matthew... I have it on PS2.
Jugs

Postby Srbija on Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:24 pm

Oh, I thought you had it on XBoX 360. :doh:
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Matthew on Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:44 pm

Another big update :)

Lakers@ Mavs

This was the first game against a true contender I've played since the big win against the spurs in san antonio. Since that game, I've played Utah, Minnesota twice, Charlotte, Milwalkee, Toronto and Chicago. As you can see they arent the cream of the NBA. Onto the game. I played this last night after the thrilling win in Minnesota, and my mind was still on that game to be honest. Odom was the benificary early of Kobe's passing, but Dallas was dominating the backboards and would lead 30-27 after the first quarter. In the second, a much more rebounding oreientated lineup was put in place and I was able to tie the game at 54 at halftime. Kobe had 16 first half points

2nd half
Once again Dallas were getting all the breaks in the books, offensive rebounds, easy interceptions, freindly rolls. But alot of the time I would look at the score in amazement to see myself tied with the mavs despite Dallas playing well. KVH was starting to play well alongside Dirk, but odom and Kobe had the Lakers up 73-72 at the end of 3. In the 4th, dallas played brillaintly through the entire quarter, and were up by 5 with a little over a minute to go. Thats when Kobe stepped it up again! He drilled 4 3's , including one with 4 seconds remaining that tied the game at 112. Dirk would shoot a 30 footer for the win but missed, and I was in my second overtime game in as many appearences.

In the overtime, Kobe continued his dominance, but Josh Howard and Jason Terry kept the game close. The lakers were up by 3 when Dirk tipped a miss in to make it a one point game. There was 30 seconds to go so I wanted to use as much clock as possible. Kobe dribbled the clock down before being doubled, he kicked it to a wide open Devean George who drilled a 3 as the clock expired to put me up 120-116 with 5 seconds left, and Dallas didnt even get a shot off.

Player of the Game:
Kobe
56 points, 12 assists, 4 rebound, 1 steal

Odom 21 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists
Smush 10 points, 2 rebounds 2 assists 1 steal
Mihm 12 points and 6 boards

Josh Howard had 32 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 5 steals and 1 block
Dirk had 21 points but in the context of the game, underperformed.
KVH had 19 points and 6 rebounds
Terry had 18 points and 10 assists

Lakers @ Grizzlies

This was the last game on a memorable road trip. The Grizz are 9-11, and I own their draft pick so i want them to finish as bad as they can :twisted: . In the first quarter, Gasol was simply a monster on the board and memphis dominated to lead 33-22. In the second quarter Odom and Kobe led a predictable but nice comeback as I closed out the half only down 2 points, 55-53. Odom had 15 1st half points, while kobe had 12.

In the third quarter it was more of the same with Memphis controlling the backboards, and they pushed the lead back out to 10, up 80-70. In the fourth I went back to smush distrubiting the ball and kobe in an attack mode. The swithc paid off, as kobe dropped 18 4th quarter points. It was a odom runner however that gave me a 102-101 lead with 14 seconds left. Gasol was instantly doubled and Odom forced a jump ball, but the grizz won it. Battier had a chance to win it but excellent defense by Parker forced a brick and I walked away with another win.

Player of the game
Kobe
41 points
5 rebounds
7 assists
3 steals

Lamar had 24 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 3 steals
Smush 6 points, 4 rebounds, 12 assists, steals and a block
George 8 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists
Walton with 7 points

Gasol had 22 points and 15 rebounds. The Grizz outrebounded the lakers 46-27, with a 16-1 advantage on the offensive boards. That's unnaceptable and I've decided to start Cook at pf, with odom at sf until kwame returns.

But looking back on the road trip. I went 6-0, but only outscored my opposition by a combined 28 points in those wins. Thats less than 5 points per win. Also, i beat chicago by 12, so if you take that game out of it I won 5 games by a combined margin of 18 points. After the loss to the twolves, i had 7 games in 10 days, and won all 7 games. But theres rest for the weary, as the next game is:

Wizards @ Lakers
After another thrilling win I couldn't put the controlled down that quickly :crazy:. Washington was without Arenas, but the lakers came out tight and only scored 20 1st quarter points, and trailed 25-20 after one. The wizards were doubling kobe and kwame as soon as they put the ball on the floor, and with Jamison and Butler leading the way, they lead 47-43 at half time.

The game remained close throughout the 3rd, and with a minute left to go in the third, the score was tied at 68. Kobe then hit a 3, two free throws, another 3, and a buzzer beater from 20 feet out to finish the third and swing all the momentum my way. The score was 78-70 entering the fourth, and despite Jamison and Butler playing well, they needed that extra star to get them over the hump. The lakers would win 111-96, a succesfull return to the staples center after the road trip and made it 8 straight wins

Player of the Game
Kobe
39 points
5 rebounds
5 assists
1 steal
1 block

odom 26 points, 10 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals
smush 10 points, 1 rebound, 6 assists, 1 steal
Mihm 10 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists

Jamison had 29 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists, and 1 steal
Butler had 20 points, 3 rbeounds, 7 assists and 4 steals

A nice little showdown with odom and jamison. I'm really enjoying using smush lately. to start the season i didnt know how to play him really, and at one point i thought about starting lue ahead of him. but smush has become the 3rd best player on this team. Theres now only 6 more game days before Kwame returns, and my record is 18-5. Next game is against the rockets, tmac vs kobe is always fun. Then its the mavericks at staples, and we all remember what kobe did in 3 quarters in that corresponding game last season :proud:.
Matthew

Postby Drex on Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:05 pm

hen its the mavericks at staples, and we all remember what kobe did in 3 quarters in that corresponding game last season Proud/Beaming.

Are you trying to get a realistic game? :lol: (Y)
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:26 pm

The wins keep piling up, nice job. Kobe vs T-Mac should be quite a showdown. Do you have any ideas about shutting him down or are you just going to go the shootout route?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:18 pm

Drex wrote:
hen its the mavericks at staples, and we all remember what kobe did in 3 quarters in that corresponding game last season Proud/Beaming.

Are you trying to get a realistic game? :lol: (Y)

Up until a point. The scoring is way up, but I'm trying to keep it believable.

The wins keep piling up, nice job. Kobe vs T-Mac should be quite a showdown. Do you have any ideas about shutting him down or are you just going to go the shootout route?

Good question. I started Warrick just becuase athleticly he matches up well with Tmac, but also set an auto double team for when he gets into the paint, so I cant press tmac up on the perimeter and know I'll have help comming if he gets by me.

Rockets @Lakers

As mentioned before, Warrick got the start today, and obviously Odom switched to pf. I decided to put cook in at centre just to force Yao away from the basket on defense, and he is also a better defensive rebounder than Mihm.
In the first quarter though, all the strategy in the world didnt help me in slowing McGrady down. He hit 3 of his first 4 three's, despite good defense by Warrick. The perfect counter was in the Lakers offense, who were on fire. Kobe was matching tmac before he picked up his 2nd foul, and Odom and the rest of the supporting cast played brilliantly. I was up 38-26 after one, despite tmac scoring 20 points alone in that quarter. Kobe had 12 and odom had 10. In the second quarter, the kobe/tmac duel peaked with both players scoring 14 points each in the quarter, but the rest of the rocket players were non existant. Yao didn't register a first half rebound and Odom had contributed 16 points as the lakers had a 69- 48 lead, and tmac had 34 points.

While the offensive explosion didn't really suprise me, what happened in the second half could not have been predicted. Smush parker had been a forgetten man of this franchise until i mentioned him in my previous post, and when the rockets came out determined to shut down Odom and Kobe, Parker found himself continuely wide open. He dropped and impresive 15 points in the third. 14 in the fourth. He would make 12 of 18 3 pointers ( i believe that ties the nba record held by kobe). The Rockets and Tmac simply could not defend kobe,odom and parker when they this good, and the game was an absolute laugher, 139-92. The lakers had 43 assists and 18 3pointers. This season has been amazing and I havent even reached the christmas day showdown with shaq yet.

Player of the game

Smush Parker
40 points (career high)
12 assists
4 steals
4 rebounds

Kobe had 38 points, 3 assists
Odom had 27 points 10 rebounds, 5 assists

So that means smush, kobe and odom combined for 105 points combined. Houston only had 92. Tmac had 45 points, 3 rebounds and 2 assists, but also took 43 shots. Its also 9 straight wins for the lakers, I know its way too early to be thinking about this, but maybe this team can go all the way.

Matthew

Postby J@3 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:21 pm

40 points :shock: I've never scored that many with anyone, let alone Smush Parker. Great game by him.
J@3

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:24 pm

Wow, Smush came out of nowhere with that one. Congrats on the effort and tying the record. (Y) How many points did T-Mac end up with?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:27 pm

Jae wrote:40 points :shock: I've never scored that many with anyone, let alone Smush Parker. Great game by him.

Yeah I dont think it'll happen again. He was just consistantly left open outside the 3 point line, and one you get the timing right with the shot stick and you have a decent shooter, good things will happen :crazy:.

Dallas @ Los Angeles

After two convincing wins against somewhat decent teams, I was really confident about this game... so much so that I was even thinking about trying to duplicate Kobe's 62 points in 3 quarters. I shouldn't have, as Dallas came out and really put the clamps on the lakers early. I went with a starting lineup of mihm, cook, odom, kobe and parker, but switched odom onto dirk. That allowed Josh howard to have a mismatch against cook, but id rather howard has a mismatch than dirk. Howard scored 10 first quarter points and the mavs jumped out to a 29-24 lead at the end of the first quarter. In the second quarter, the mavericks started to really play their game: defending well and attacking on the offensive end. At one point they lead by 22 (55-33) before Kobe led a nice rally to close out the half. The Mavs were still up 65- 50 at halftime though and never trailed in the first period. Kobe had 26 first half points.

In the second half, the Lakers continued their run and scored the first 9 points of the 3rd period to trim it to well within striking distance. Kobe and Smush were phenomonal, but Odom was having a quiet game. After that run the Mavericks settled back down and a tight 4th quarter was set with the score of 94-89 in the beginning. The Mavericks looked like the Lakers did at times on their road trip: having a big lead dissapear and desperate to hang on. The score was 96-94 dallas when Odom had a cluth 3 point play and the floodgates opened. Dampier, Stackhouse and KVH were all great as Dallas battled back for dallas while kobe was struggling, the lakers were staying right in the game. The Mavs had a 124-123 lead with 20 seconds left, and Kobe dribbled time down on the clock, looking for another game winning play. Down to6 seconds he made his move and drove to the basket, put up a nice little floater over dirk that rattled out. KVH grabbed the board and was fouled. He made both, but with no timeouts left, Odom had to jack up a 35 footer that airballed and Dallas had snapped my 9 game winning streak.

Player of the Game

Josh Howard
29 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals

Other notable Mavericks:
Dirk 23 points but no rebounds
Stack 18 points and 5 assists
KVH 19 points, 6 rebounds and 5 assists
Dampier 12 points and 7 boards

Lakers:

Kobe 53 points (but only 7 in the 4th), 9 assists, 1 steal, 1 block
Smush 16 points, 2 rebounds, 15 assists, 2 steals
Lamar 17 points 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks, 1 steal

Next game is in Orlando, then its the showdown. I've never played with or against shaq in this game yet (or wade either for that matter). I'm looking forward to it. Kwame should be back for next game as well, but im not sure if I'll start him ahead of Cook just yet.
Matthew

Postby J@3 on Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:29 pm

Shaq is REALLY good in this game if they give him the ball. You'll definitely struggle with that, though if you can shut down Wade and Walker (and Posey sometimes) you'll be fine
J@3

Postby Matthew on Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:33 pm

Posey's on the trade block, so maybe i should trade for him before the game? :crazy:, I hope Shaq and Kobe have a classic duel and its a close game.

Andrew, Tmac had 45 points, so he still topscored that game, but he took a shitload of shots.
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:02 pm

Shame about the loss but at least you were able to go down fighting. I would've liked that luxury in my Live Dynasty the last couple of games. ;) Good luck against Shaq, I don't envy that matchup but should hopefully be an epic battle.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:05 pm

Hey you might get shaq in the playoffs :P
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:23 pm

True, that's not an appealing prospect. Mind you he's not as hard to handle in Live as he used to be, he dropped 73 on me back in NBA Live 2002.

Will you be trying to contain him throughout or will you do the best you can on him while shutting down Wade, Walker and co and beat them at the other end with a team effort or alternatively, a huge explosion from Kobe?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:34 pm

Shaq in 2002 was the hardest nba live player in the history of videogames. I remember him going 22-26 to score 46 points in 2002, you just couldnt stop him. But looking back, it wasnt that far fetched. I'd love for him to go off like that in this franchise.

The way im approaching it is with no expectations. I'd rather shaq dominate then wade or the other players to have wide open looks. Walker, Wade (especially wade :shock: ), williams etc would be dynamic offensively against a scrambling defense. I'll just defend on the ball always and hope I can control the backboards.
Matthew

Postby dada on Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:37 pm

I'd say keep going at Shaq until he gets in foul trouble. Pump fakes, anything. Thats the best bet.
dada

Postby Matthew on Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:04 am

Injury update
Kwame Brown ready to play finally. I decided to bring him off the bench and keep cook in the starting rotation. The bench had a small reshuffle. Kwame is at centre, with caffey at pf (for the time being), walton at sf, george at sg and lue at pg. Warrick will take over from Caffey at pf in due time, but right now rebounding is a key issue and Warrick just isnt good enough.

Lakers @ Orlando

During the starting intros, I noticed Grant Hill averaging 14 ppg for the season. Very nice to see. In the first quarter however my mind was completely elsewhere, and I know the miami game is worth the same in the record column as the orlando game, but I just wasn't really focused. The Magic took a 8-2 lead, but Kobe dominated the first quarter with 17 points and the lakers led 31-30. Hill had 10 first quarter points. In the second quarter, Kwame made his long awaited return and sparked a massive 45 point laker quarter. Kwame controlled the backboards brilliantly, getting 6 rebounds in around 5 minutes, and I took a 76-55 lead into halftime. Kobe had 31 points on 11-12 shooting. Hill had 14 points.

In the second half I just coasted. Odom ran off 9 straight points to begin the third quarter, and even though the lead was only 20 or so points, i never felt threatnened by orlando. At the end of 3 it was 104- 84. The fourth I played my reserves and each laker scored at least one basket. It was good to see scott williams get some minutes. Orlando continued to press up but that lead to easy basket after easy basket, becuase once you break the trap you have a fastbreak. The final was 141-120, but the most impressive stat was my line from beyond the arc: 12-12 :proud:.

Player of the game
Lamar Odom
30 points
8 rebounds
4 assists

Kobe had 32 points and 5 assist (he had 31 at halftime)
Smush had 17 points and 7 assists
Kwame had 12 points, 9 rebounds (led the team :)) 3 assists, 1 steal and 1 block
Devean George had 12 points and 5 assists

For the magic grant hill had 22 points and 8 assists, while dwight howard had 23 points and 5 rebounds. In recogntion of grant hill turning back the clock, he and kwame get the screenshot honours :crazy:

Kwames first basket back
Hill with the facial on Chris Mihm.

Next game is the big one, Miami and the Lakers. The Heat are 17-10, the Lakers are 20-6 and lead the NBA.
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:26 am

Cool screens, congrats on another big victory. Congrats on going 12/12 from beyond the arc as well, admittedly three pointers are my weakness but for what it's worth I find that quite impressive. :) Do you plan on starting Kwame against the Heat?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:27 am

Thanks. I have a special in store for the heat in terms of a lineup :proud: and kwame is included...
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:43 am

Kobe's going to start at centre a la Magic Johnson? :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:11 am

Nice screenshots. Looks like a real game broadcast. :shock:
Kobe will play PG or come off the bench?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Matthew on Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:36 am

Kobe's going to start at centre a la Magic Johnson?

Haha, now hat's an idea! But no, I'm going to go with the playoff lineup of:

Centre: Kwame
P.Forward: Lamar
S.Forward: Walton
S. Guard: Kobe
P. Guard: Smush

I had made my mind up about this last night without even looking at the lineups, but it makes even more sense as Miami starts Posey ahead of Haslem. Speaking of which, becuase this is the biggest regular season game, I've decided to do a stats preview. Lets start with Miami:

Miami Heat

Wade: 21.4 ppg, 6 rpg, 6 apg, 2 spg, 1 bpg
Shaq: 17.6 ppg, 9 rpg, 1.5 apg, 1 bpg
Walker: 15.6 ppg, 6 rpg, 1.8 apg, 0.8 spg
Williams: 15.6 ppg, 8.5 apg, 1.6 spg
Posey: 12 ppg, 5.3 rpg, 2.3 apg, 1.6 spg

Los Angeles Lakers

Kobe: 42.5 ppg, 3.3 rpb, 8.1 apg, 1.5 spg, 0.7 bpg
Odom: 23.9 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 3.1 apg, 1.2 spg, 0.7 bpg
Smush: 10.5 ppg, 2.1 rpg, 7.8 apg, 1.3 spg, 0.7 bpg
Kwame: 6.6 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 2.2 apg, 0.8 spg, 0.7 bpg
Walton: 5.9 ppg, 2 rpg, 1.5 apg, 0.5 spg

I wanted to use a fresh Kwame on shaq at the end of the game, and with Kwame starting on him he could get into early foul trouble. Thats a risk I'll have to take, but I have Mihm, Cook, Williams and caffey that "can" guard Shaq. Also, I'll set shaq to a double team in the paint, and every laker will be boxing out. If Walker is isolated with Odom, Shaq could get alot of offensive rebounds. A little off topic on guarding shaq, but compare Odom's and Shaq's numbers; Odom is outplaying him in every category except for blocks.
Matthew

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame