My very own

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Postby Srbija on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:06 pm

Nice wins Matthew, the last dunk by Smush looks awesome. Glad to see Peja get 39 points. :)
I will be watching to see how you go up against Cleveland. (Y)
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby J@3 on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:14 pm

Jamal Sampson (Y) I knew he'd come good :lol:

As far as your trade offers, I'd go with Dermarr Johnson... he's 6'9 isn't he? So he can play SG, SF, PF and maybe even C if you go ultra small. An outsider I'd suggest would be Qyntel Woods. I have him in my Knicks association and he does a great job.
J@3

Postby Matthew on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:19 pm

The thing is though, i already have walton, george and warrick who are versailte players around 6'9 that can play sg,sf and pf. I just want a 12th man who can play sg fairly well, but i suppose johnson can do that as well. I guess a part of me wants to see cook in new jersey, he'd be a starter there. I wouldnt want him in the same division as me, he'd be a cunt to guard with those jumpers.
Matthew

Postby J@3 on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:20 pm

A 12th man who can play SG fairly well = Anthony Peeler. He's surprisingly good in this game. Then again Cook probably wouldn't start in Washington, unless you did the trade for Planinic then traded him for Peeler. Anthony Peeler is my 2K6 Keith Van Horn.
J@3

Postby Matthew on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:33 pm

Peeler is an interesting option, returning to the lakers for one last shot ata ring. Also, it would add to the twolves/laker rivarly from the past season series.
Matthew

Postby Jing on Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:59 am

beautiful. that smush dunk is a great poster.

fuck. kobe is averaging 40 a game... ridiclious
Jing

Postby Silas on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:28 am

When you catch your screens in focus, the detail and realism of them is absolutely incredible, especially that tipoff one you had against the heat. This dynasty is going great. I cant wait to see how the end of the season awards turn out!
Silas

Postby Matthew on Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:39 am

Jing wrote:beautiful. that smush dunk is a great poster.

fuck. kobe is averaging 40 a game... ridiclious

Its only 5ppg above his real life counterpart :crazy:
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:23 am

Congrats on the two wins, I'll bet they were particularly satisfying because of the challenge. Looks like Kobe's ready to start another 40 point streak.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby rongotai on Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:09 pm

Yea congrats on the wins there Matthew, Hopefully you can start a nice little streak :p
rongotai

Postby Matthew on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:21 pm

NBA Trade

Lakers send Brian Cook

For

Nets send Planinic

I had a look at what each player had, and Planinic is the better shooter with ratings of 82 close range, 76 mid range and 78 from 3. Not great, but decent.

Cavaliers @ Lakers

The lakers started the game pretty well, going up 11-6 before Joe Johnson (remember he was traded for Larry Hughes) was injured. The Lakers pushed the lead out to 8 (16-8). The cavs would finish the quarter on a small surge to be only down 5, 29-25. Lebron only had 6 in the first, while kobe had 13. To begin the second quarter, Lue hit a 3 that extended the lead to 12. The lakers went into cruise control in the quarter and would take a 62-44 lead into halftime. Kobe had 22.

2nd Half

On the first possesion of the 3rd, Smush hit a 3 that extended the lead to 21, but the cavs behind Lebron rallied to bring it down to a 10 point lead, 69-59. The score was 78-71 when smush hit another 3 to push it back to 10, and then got out on the break for the slam to make it 83-71. Devean George hit a 3 before the end of the third to give the lakers a 91-75 lead. Kobe had 27 points and Lebron had 29. In the fourth the Lakers extended the lead to 20 again (97-77) before the cavs chiped away all 4th quarter and got it down to 107-97 with 1:38 to go. Kobe drew a 3 point play, and george hit back to back 3's to make it 118-97, and the lakers went on to win 118-102, with damon jones hitting a meaningless trey at the fultime buzzer.

Player of the game
Kobe Bryant
34 points
6 rebounds
4 assists
2 steals

Lamar had 24 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists
Kwame had 14 points 4 rebounds and 3 assists
Devean George had 16 points 5 rebounds and 3 assists

For the cavs lebron had 33 points and 10 rebounds, Joe Johnson had 17 points and 8 assists, and Zydrunas had 16 points 7 rebounds and 4 assists.

Joe Johnson in his Cavs jersey
Kobe with the flush
Kobe shoots over lebron
Lebron returns the favour to Kobe

In between this game and the next game, me and Rongati played an awesome game with the suns and the lakers. we have to relive history and do a series of that. No amare. No Mihm. Pheonix homecourt. :proud:.

Lakers @ Golden State

I adjusted the sliders again for this match, and it was exactly what I was looking for. The first few minutes were fantastic, going back and fourth, and the lakers had a 14-13 lead. That was before Lamar Odom scored 10 straight and drove the lakers to a 29-26 lead. Michael Pietrus came off the bench and had 12 quick points for the Warriors, and Lamara had 12 points and 6 rebounds in the 1st quarter. The second saw the warriors defense come out and put the clamps on the lakers. Golden state took a 37-32 lead, and would go on to lead at halftime 60-49. Kobe had 17, lamar had 18 (35 of the lakers 49 points), but pietrus continued his good play to had 20 points on 7-9 shooting.

2nd half

Kobe started the 3rf quarter with a beuatiful reverse layup to cut the lead to single digits, 60-51, but the warriors would go on a 12-0 run to lead by 21, and would finish the 3rd up by 29, 96-67. Richardson had 18 pts and 10 rebounds through 3 quarters. In the fourth Smush hit 9 out of 10 3's, but it was way too little, too late as the Warriors steamrolled 129-109.

Player of the game
Baron Davis
31 points
12 assists
1 rebound
1 steal

Richardson had 23 points 10 rebounds 6 assists 2 steals
Mike Dunleavy had 18 points 6 rebounds 1 steal 1 assist 1 block
Pietrus had 27 points, 2 rebounds 4 assists and 2 steals

Some laker notables
Kobe had 40 points, Lamar had 22 points 11 rebounds 4 assists, and smush had 27 points.

The lakers are now 29-8, and face a tough miami heat team looking for revenge on their homecourt in the next game
Matthew

Postby rongotai on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:43 pm

Im still so pissed about that game, Im so pissed at Tim Thomas I mean seriously I just lost to a god damn Aussie haha, Nah but yea we'll play again sometime this time I get homecourt :D

Nice update also,Kobe beasting as always
Last edited by rongotai on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rongotai

Postby J@3 on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:45 pm

Only the Hawks would do a Larry Hughes for Joe Johnson trade :lol:

Great stuff, how's Planinic gone for you or hasn't he played yet?
J@3

Postby Matthew on Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:49 pm

rongotai wrote: I mean seriously I just lost to a god

:crazy:

Nah it was an awesome game. Next time you send the game invite so you're at home, not like it makes a difference though...

Only the Hawks would do a Larry Hughes for Joe Johnson trade

To their credit, Larry hughes is better at running the pg in this game then JJ, but still, that had me scratching my head as well.
Great stuff, how's Planinic gone for you or hasn't he played yet?

He got some garbage time in the loss at GS, once kobe fouled out. he didnt get a shot though, as Smush was hitting three's all over the place.
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:02 pm

Congrats on outdueling LeBron for the win, shame about the loss in Golden State. The latest screenshot with Kobe dunking is one of my favourites so far.

Do you see Planinic getting more PT or is more of an insurance policy at this point?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Matthew on Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:07 pm

At this point, no. The bench is currently:
C: Caffey
PF: Warrick
SF: Walton
SG: George
PG: Lue

All of these guys are playing very well at the moment, especially George and Warrick. But given the versatility of george, warrick and walton, if any of them goes into a slump, Paninic will be given a chance.
Matthew

Postby Matthew on Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:56 pm

Another double post, but I have a game report so.. :crazy:

Heat @ Lakers

The heat came into todays game with a 23-15 record, and 6th in the Power Rankings. The Lakers were 3rd. But that meant nothing considering last game these two teams played. On the first possesion, Posey got a nice dunk and for a 3pt play. Kobe came right back and was fouled, and made both ft's. The first quarter remained tight, with the largest lead being 16-11 lakers. The heat took a 23-21 lead before kobe hit a 3pt play. The score after the first quarter was 24 all, with James posey scoring 15, and kobe had 13.

2nd quarter
To start the second, Lamar odom got on track with a nice dunk, and Devean George hit a 3 to extend the lead to 5. The heat responded with Alonzo, but after a George had a fastreak dunk to give the Lakers a 10 point lead (40-30). The heat came back however and brought the lead down to 7, before a kwame 3 pt play put it back upto 10. Then, the strangest thing happened in this game, Shaq hit a 20 footer! Haha, incredible. AT halftome the lakers led 55-45, with kobe and posey both with 17 points each.

3rd quarter
The 3rd began with a big kobe dunk that extended the lead to 12. But the Heat behind shaq came back to get within 5, 61-56. The lakers behind Odom and Kwame pushed the lead back out to 11, 69-58 and kept that maintained that margin, and were up 83-70 when Jason Williams buried a 3 on the buzzer to give the Heat some hope entering the 4th.

4th Quarter
To start the fourth, kobe had a nice 3 pt play, but the heat cut the lead to single digits, 88-89. The lakers would respond with kobe, who hit a 3 to pu the lead back to 14 (99-85), and then smush hit a 3 to further balloon the lead to 15 (106-91). The heat didnt give up though, as a wade alley oop and a posy tip in helped trim the lead down to 7 with a little over a minute to play. However, a devean george 3 pt play sealed a 117-103 victory for the lakers, who tied the rivarly at 2-2 overall.

Player of the game

Kobe
31 points
3 assists
1 steal
1 block

George 18 points 4 rebounds 5 assist 1 steal
Kwame 17 points 3 rebounds 6 assists 1 steal 1 block
Lamar 14 points 8 rebounds 4 assists
Smush 14 points 7 assist 5 steals
warrick 10 points 2 rebounds 5 assists 2 steals

miami stats:
Shaq 24 points 5 rebounds 1 assist 1 steal 1 block
posey 23 points 5 rebounds 4 assists 1 steal
wade 16 points 4 assist 2 steals
williams 13 points 15 assists 5 steals

Kobe draws the foul on shaq and makes the bucket
And Shaq's reaction
Smush about to cross up J Will
Smush finishing strong over wade
Wade on Kobe
Wade sizing Kobe up, palming the ball
Shaq on the breakaway
Shaq shooting a contested jumper, wtf lol.
Kobe on Jason Williams

and finally:
Shaqs shot chart!

Next two games are against the Kings (23-13) and Phoenix (25-11), the 2 best records in the league. Then its Toronto, at home.. I might try to score 82 with kobe :crazy:
Matthew

Postby flyers#24 on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:03 am

i just checked this out and it is really pretty awesome!
world cup champs: Australia.
06/07 nba champs: New Jersey Nets.
06 ncaa bball champions: Duke Blue Devils.
1st pick of nba draft: LaMarcus Aldrige.
Roger Clemens season: 5-2 2era 5ks per outing.
flyers#24

Postby hammertime23 on Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:12 am

Shaq's jumper is so bad, I'm surprised he even shot one. Great recap, Dwyane's dunk looks real nice.
hammertime23

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:48 pm

Great coverage as usual, I like the fact you always use screenshots that a relevant and/or show something cool rather than just using screens for the sake of having them. Interesting that Posey was The Man early on. Were they going to him in particular or was it a result of the defense you were playing on Shaq and Wade?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Mark. on Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:29 am

Nice stuff, good to tie it up with the Heat, screw 82 dude, see if you can hit the 100 (Y)
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby zakIrah on Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:40 pm

Wade sizing Kobe up, palming the ball

That looks real...OMG! Good stuff Matthew. I don't read much of the recaps, but from what I do read, you put a good amount of effort in. good job (Y)
zakIrah

Postby Jing on Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:53 pm

that shaq walking off picture looks like he's either broken something or has had antoine walker teach him a thing or two
Jing

Postby Srbija on Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:02 pm

Good win Matthew and great coverage as always. (Y)

Looks like you'll have a good battle against the Kings and the Suns, good luck. :)
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Matthew on Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:07 pm

Great coverage as usual, I like the fact you always use screenshots that a relevant and/or show something cool rather than just using screens for the sake of having them. Interesting that Posey was The Man early on. Were they going to him in particular or was it a result of the defense you were playing on Shaq and Wade?

I really cant remember. :crazy:. Nah I was playing off posey a little bit when he had the ball, so the cpu was taking what I gave them.
Nice stuff, good to tie it up with the Heat, screw 82 dude, see if you can hit the 100

Haha its tempting, I'll definately go for it if its possible.
that shaq walking off picture looks like he's either broken something or has had antoine walker teach him a thing or two

Bad timing on that joke, they just won a championship :twisted:
Looks like you'll have a good battle against the Kings and the Suns, good luck

Thanks.

Lakers @ Kings

1st quarter

This was the first time I've picked up a controller in a week, and I definately felt rusty. The Kings jumped out to a 8-0 lead, but after a smush 3 I was trailing only by 3 points, 20-17. The Kings pushed that lead back out to 10, but Devean George had 5 straight points to bring it back to 27-22. The kings finished the quarter strong and lead 33-24. Mike Bibby had 13 points

2nd quarter

The second quarter began in a similar way the first ended, with the kings absolutely dominating on both ends. They pushed the lead out to 22, 56-24, and then 24 points, 56-32. Lamar Odom helped bring the lead back to within 20 points at the end of the quarter, with the score 68-50. But as strange as it sounds, I felt confident that I could outscore the kings by 10 points in the 3rd and 4th quarters to win the game. Brad Miller had 14 points on 6-6 fg shooting at the half

3rd quarter

To start the third, kobe got a 3 point play to bring the lead down to 15, but thats when some really sloppy play hurt the lakers. The kings would go on a 12-2 run to lead 80-55, and then a lead of 87-62. Smush would hit back to back threes to sort of keep the lakers in it, and once again L.A. cut the lead down to under 20 to end the quarter, 98-79. After 3 quarters the kings were shooting 70 percent for the game. No wonder they nearly had 100 points in 3 quarters.

4th quarter

One good thing about this game, if you really challenge a jumpshot, there will be results. This was never more evident in the 4th quarter as the lakers came out with something to prove. They had the best record in the league, the leading mvp candidate, the best coach in league history and players playing the best ball of their career. but they were being dominated by sacramento. This was about to change.

The lakers really began to put the locks on the kings offense, and would cut the lead to 15 (103-88_ behind a smush 3. Then the lakers cut it to 12. with the kings up 107-95. Smush would hit a 3 to bring it back to single digits. The walton hit a jumpshot. Scott Williams (of all people) hit a jumphook to cut it to 5. Then Smush hit another jumper to bring it to 3. Odom hit a layup to cut the lead to 1, and with 1:31 left kobe had a monster dunk to give the lakers a 108-107 lead. Brad Miller finally ended the run for the lakers with a jumper, and bibby ran off 4 straight points as the lakers ran out of steam and lost 118-110.

Player of the Game

Shareef Abdur-Rahim
24 points
9 rebounds
3 assists
3 steals

Mike Bibby had 28 points and 6 assists
Miller had 16 points, 13 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 steals and 3 blocks
Artest had 19 points 5 rebounds 5 assists and 2 steals

For the lakers, it was a 3 man show:
Kobe 36 points 2 rebounds 5 assists 2 blocks
Lamar 27 points 7 rebounds 2 assists 1 steal 4 blocks
Smush 22 points 5 rebounds 2 assists 1 block

Shareef with the nice dunk on the break
Kobe blocking bibby in transition
When taking the above picture, i noticed kobes tat on his wrist. I though this was cool becuase no one here even knew he had one not that long ago.

Lakers @ Suns

1st quarter

This is one of the main reasons a dynasty with L.A. was so appealing, to battle Pheonix after their first round series. Amare came out strong for Pheonix, scoring their first 4 points and gave them a 4-2 lead. Smush would hit a 3 however and spark a 9-0 run to give the lakers an 11-4 lead. The Lakers continued to dominate defensively, and Kwame took his opportunities to be aggresive at Amare and drew two quick fouls on him. With the score 13-6, Kwame had 8 points, and was 6-6 from the ft line. After another smush trey, the lead was 18-6. The Suns played decent to hold the scorline to 29-16 before kobe hit a 3 with 10 seconds left, then diaw hit a jumper, but kobe would hit another 3 on the buzzer to give the lakers a 35-18 lead.

2nd quarter

If things were bad in the first quarter for Pheonix, they would get worse in the second. A Tyronne Lue three made it 39-18, and then with the score 43-20, Devean George and Lue again would hit back to back three's to give the Lakers a 49-20 lead. Odom then had a dunk which gave the lakers a 31 point advantage, and then later in the quarter kobe hit another 3 to give the lakers a 34 point lead, 58-24. The score at halftime was 64-32. Kobe had 19 points, Marion had 20.

In the second half things didnt improve for Pheonix. After 3 quarters it was 89-57. At the end of the game it was 122-91. As bad as the blowout was, Amare had to leave the game with a sprained wrist which will keep him sidelined for 17 days, and with the lakers only 1/2 game ahead of the kings, maybe sacramento will get homecourt in their series against pheonix should they not catch the lakers.

Player of the Game

Kobe Bryant
30 points
10 rebounds
11 assists
3 steals
2 blocks

My first triple double in this game, and a very solid performance. Maybe kobes best game this season?

Kwame had 21 points, 10 rebounds and 1 assist
Lamar had 12 points 10 rebounds 2 assists 1 steal 1 block
Smush had 14 points 2 assists and 1 rebound

Amare over Mihm
Another Amare dunk, this time over Lue.
Marion soaring
Kobe posterising Diaw
Brian Grant making an appearance against his old team
This rebound gave kobe a triple double

For Pheonix, Marion had 26 points and 8 rebounds, Nash had 14 points and 14 assists, and Amare had 12points and 10 rebounds and was completely outplayed by kwame. The lakers moved to 31-9, and the Toronto Raptors are next... and we all remember what happened in that game. :twisted:
Matthew

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame