My very own

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Postby hammertime23 on Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:38 pm

Wow Kobe averaging 40 that's real good. I see you don't have a consistent rebounder. Nice balance of playing time.
hammertime23

Postby Matthew on Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:50 pm

Yeah defensive rebounding has been a bit of a problem, but Odom usually gets 10 rpg when he plays powerforward, and he'll probably be at that position the rest of the season.
Matthew

Postby zakIrah on Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:13 pm

You should use Walton at the 3 position. In my association, evertime off the bench he's getting something like 5 rebounds from being quicker then his opponent, and still having the height and strength. I traded Mihm and Devean for Brad Miller and Kevin Martin. Never do that trade. Miller is obviously awesome but damn martin is a waste of space. I wanna get George back.

Nice association and try and throw in a trade if things go wrong. (Y)
zakIrah

Postby Matthew on Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:16 pm

Walton is starting at small forward.

NBA Trade
Utah offer Palacio for Zoran Planinic. This was a tough deal, becuase Palaico is a pg (not needed) and 28. But his contract expires at the end of the season, and Planinic has 2 years left at over 1 million. I did the trade so I could maybe keep Devean George at seasons end.

Lakers at Charlotte

The Bobcats were without Emeka, so I was sort of expecting an easy game. But Charlotte is a totally different team at home, and enjoyed a 26- 20 lead. Devean George would provide a boost off the bench and score 8 straight laker points, but a raymond felton buzer beater gave the Bobcats a 29-28 lead after one. The Lakers would retake the lead and were up 32-29 before Charlotte mounted a solid run, going up 57-44. Kobe would get back to back 3 point plays, but charlotte took a 10 point lead into halftime, 66-56.

2nd Half

The lakers trimmed the lead to 6 early behind some strong play from Kobe and Kwame, but Prezec had 12 3rd quarter points and the Bobcats took that 6 point lead into the 4th. Kobe had 29 through 3 quarters. In the fourth, the Lakers cut the lead to just 3 (99-96) before the Bobcats went on a 15-4 run to lead 114-100. Smush hit a 3 with 1:14 left to bring it back to 5, but it was too little too late as the Bobcats won 125-112

Player of the game

Gerald Wallace (I bet Sacramento kept this guy)
23 points
8 rebounds
4 assists
2 steals

Karem Rush 16 points 3 rebounds 5 assists
Felton 19 Points 5 assists
Brezec 21 points 7 rebounds 2 assists

Kobe had 37 points 1 rebound 6 assists
Lamar 20 points 8 rebounds 3 assists
Kwame 15 points 6 rebounds 4 assists 1 block
Smush 14 points 4 assists 1 steals

Feltons Buzzer beater at the end of 1.
George's block on Felton.
Kwame with an incredible alley oop

Lakers @ New Orleans

Fresh off another loss to a sub .500 team, the Lakers found themselves down 5-2 early on. The Lakers quickly turned that into an 8-2 lead before Kwame was injuried on a dunk. Thats exactly what I didnt need, but, it does make it much more realistic. The Lakers finished the 1st up 31-22. Kobe had 13 first quarter points. In the second quarter the lakers, with their stars straddled with foul trouble, saw their lead dwindle down to 3 on two seperate occasions, but Eddie Robinson made the most of some rare minutes this season provided a lift and the Lakers pushed the lead back out to 11 at halftime, 55-44.

2nd half

The Lakers started the 3rd strong, extending the lead to 21 (67-46) on a Smush 3. The Lakers were simply on fire in the 3rd, and went 10-10 from the feild at one stage, but New Orleans kept it somewhat close, with the score 86-71 at the end of 3. Kobe had 26 at this stage. After a kobe with 6 minutes left that pushed the lead back out to 17, this game was all but over. The Hornets brought it back to just 8, but the lakers showed thei composure and won 116-107. Kwame was cleared to return and I gave him some very limited minutes in the 4th.

Player of the Game

Kobe
43 points
5 rebounds
1 assist

Lamar 26 points 10 rebounds 2 assists
Kwame 10 points 7 rebounds 2 assists 1 block 1 steal
Smush 7 points 6 assists 1 steal
Devean George 10 points 4 rebounds 2 blocks
Eddie Robinson had a season high 6 points against his old team

Kobe with the dunk for a 3 point play
Kwame rejects David West
Eddie Robinson with the Jam against his old ballclub

The Lakers move to 37-10, with 5 games left before the all star game. Next up is a back to back against Dallas and Houston. Should be interesting.
Matthew

Postby Srbija on Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:33 pm

How did you lose to Bobcats ? :P
Nice writing and presentation as always, Felton's buzzer beater looks awesome.

Good win against New Orleans, Kobe had a strong game.

Good luck next game. (Y)
Srbija
Jayceon Taylor ™

Postby Mark. on Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:49 pm

Is Kwame out for any games at all? Good luck vs Houston and Dallas
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby hammertime23 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:33 am

Lol Eddie Robinson was never on New Orleans, he was on Charlotte lol so that comment would have been a little more appropriate in the first game.
hammertime23

Postby Matthew on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:52 am

Lol Eddie Robinson was never on New Orleans, he was on Charlotte lol so that comment would have been a little more appropriate in the first game.

You cant be serious. Eddie Robinson was on the Charlotte Hornets, who moved to New Orleans to become the New Orleans Hornets. Then in 2004 a new expansion team started in Charlotte.

Is Kwame out for any games at all? Good luck vs Houston and Dallas

Nah man, he will be active during his injury. Which is good. I don't really want to be starting Jason Caffey or Scott Williams, But, it would be a great challenge. Thanks for the kind words.

NBA Trade

Sonics trade Earl Watson to New York for Malik Rose. Wow what a realistic trade. New York gets another point guard.

Lakers @ Mavericks

The Lakers scored their first 5 points all from the ft line, and the Mavs were on fire in this game. Kobe picked up his 2nd foul with over 5 minutes left in the second, but Lamar Odom led the way as the Lakers took a 17-16 lead. The Mavs however were really using their transition game well and were up 38-27 before Odom made the last 5 points of the quarter to bring it back to 6, 38-32. Odom had 14 in the first, stack had 12.

In the second Kobe came out very aggresive, taking the ball right to the heart of the defense and he made 6 ft's early on to tie the game at 44. But then he picked up his 3rd foul and had to sit the rest of the half. The Mavericks went on a 3-2 run immediately before Smush hit back to back 3's to bring it back to 7 (59-52), then lamar had back to back dunks to make it 59-56, and Walton hit a 3 in trainsiton to tie the game, and the run was capped with an Odom jam to give the Lakers a 61-59 lead. The lakers would take a 63-62 lead into halftime.

2nd Half

The Lakers came out strong again to start the 3rd, with Kobe converting on a 3 point play, and smush doing likewise in tranisiton to give the Lakers a 69-62 lead. Kobe picked up his 4th foul though with 7:31 left in the quarter and once again had to sit the rest of the period. But this time, the Lakers held strong and didnt give up a big run. The score was 73-67 when Kwame blocked dirks dunk, and set up Devean George for a 3. Later in that run, Smush had a big block on Harris and spooted up in tranisiton for another 3 as the lead was now 14. The lead would then be trimmed down to 4 as the Mavericks finally wore the Kobe-less lakers down, and the score entering the fourth was 93-89. Odom had 30 points and 7 rebounds through 3 quarters.

The Mavericks didnt waster anytime overcoming that small deficit, and were up 94-93 after kobe picked up his 5th foul. I kept him in the game and he carried the lakers down the stretch of the 4th quarter. In the period there were 6 lead changes alone, but Kobe eventually wore the Mavs down and hit a dagger 3 that gave the Lakers a 114-109 lead with under a minute left. Kwame sealed the deal with a tough layup and the lakers won 123-118 in a tough test on the road.

Player of the Game
Lamar Odom
30 points
8 rebounds
3 assists
2 blocks

Kobe 34 points (23 in the fourth :crazy:) 1 rebound, 3 assists 1 steal
Smush 29 points 2 rebounds 2 assists 1 steal 1 block
Devean George 12 points 6 assist 1 steal 1 block
Warrick 12 points 4 rebounds 1 assist

Dirk had 30 for Dallas. Stack gad 22 and Harris had 18

[b]Kobe skies for a rebound in traffic
Devean George with the dunk on the break
Walton with the 3 in transition[/b]

Lakers @ Rockets

The last game against Dallas was so fun I decided to finish the road trip off with the game against Houston. The Rockets had moved into first place in the Midwest Division with the Mavs losing and this could very well be a playoff preview. In the first quarter, both teams struggled to find their mark offensively, but the Rockets built a 7-4 lead before the Lakers responded and led 10-7. Tmac and Lamar had a nice duel in the second half of the quarter, but the lakers led 26-19 after one. Tmac had 13 points, and Odom had 12. The rockets cut the lead to just 2 (36-34) before a 10-2 run by the lakers gave them a 10 point lead (46-36), The Rockets closed it to just six, and Tmac hit a 3 on the buzzer to make it 46-43 Lakers. Odom had 18 points and 9 rebounds, and tmac had 20.

2nd Half

The second half saw the rockets defense remerge as they tied the game 50 on a tmac jumpshot. Kobe hit a 3 to give the lakers a 57-54 lead, but it was the rockets who led by 2 after 3 quarters, 72-70. Tmac had 31 points. The rockets lead by 4, 76-72, but after a kwame layup, 2 free throws to Lue and a Lamar floater, the Lakers retook the lead 78-76. The rockets were up 80-78 when Kobe drilled a 3, but Houston kept grinding defensively and lead 88-84 with under a minute to go. Kobe then sealed a triple double with a big rebound and dished it to smush for a 3 which brought lakers back to down just one. Lamar was fouled and made 1 of 2 free throws to tie the game at 88, and then Kwame would make a tough layup around Yao to give the lakers a 90-88 lead with 22 seconds left. The rockets dribbled the clock right down and tmac, with kobe draped all over hit, hit a 3 with 0.1 left on the clock to give the rockets a 91-90 win.

Player of the Game

Tracy McGrady
35 points
11 rebounds
2 assists

Yao had 11 points, 9 rebounds 2 assists 2 steals

Kobe had 32 points, 10 rebounds 12 assists
Lamar 27 points 15 rebounds 1 assist
Kwame in his first decent game since his injury had 16 points 7 rebounds 1 assist and outplayed yao.
Smush had 2 points 9 assists 3 steals and one block
Hakim Warrick had 8 points 6 rebounds 1 assist

The lakers dropped to 38-11 (so much for tying the bulls 72-10 record :crazy:).

Tmac's game winning 3
Kobe on an alley oop. Look at how high his head is.
Warrick with the facial on Swift

After the game the Hornets (not the Bobcats Hammertime.) offered Jackson Vroman for Antonio Burks, I declined the deal becuase it just didnt benifit me in any way, plus I dont do trades just for the sake of doing them. I simmed a few days forward as I dont have any games inbetween, and here are the current playoff standings:

There are some interesting logjams in both conferences. If it holds up, I'd love to see how the Wizards go against the Celtics. A first round matchup against the Blazers will be fun for the Lakers, as the Lakers since 1997 have won every playoff series they've played against portland (5-0)

But to add to this update, I also decided to show the projected starters for the all star game.

East
Point Guard: Iverson
Shooting Guard: Wade
Small Forward: Peirce
Power Forward: Bosh
Center: Shaq

West
Point Guard: Nash
Shooting Guard: Kobe
Small Forward: T-mac
Power Forward: Duncan
Center: Marcus Camby

These are based just on the all star votes, and I guess if the players are injured, they wont play.
Matthew

Postby hammertime23 on Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:17 am

Quote:

You cant be serious. Eddie Robinson was on the Charlotte Hornets, who moved to New Orleans to become the New Orleans Hornets. Then in 2004 a new expansion team started in Charlotte.

I wasn't serious.
hammertime23

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:59 pm

Sounds like it was another series of fun games, that was a heartbreaker against the Rockets though. I expect you'll be looking for revenge come April 2nd.

I like the Planinic for Palacio swap, might as well turn a seldom used player into something more useful like cap relief at the end of the year. With the deadline approaching, will you be looking to make any deals or just listening to offers?

Your All-Star lineups are shaping up much better than mine did, that should be a nice break. Are you going to use NBA Live to simulate a dunk contest/three point shootout/rookie game?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby thaKEAF on Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:06 pm

This is really good I don't see how I'm just now finding it. Your pictures look realistic as hell man you must have one hell of a camera phone. I was wondering if you were gonna be doing a franchise for Madden 07?
thaKEAF

Postby afgshady on Sat Aug 19, 2006 2:25 pm

hey mattew are u using a hdtv if you are which one do u have ( which company) and how much $ cuz i need to get hdtv
afgshady

Postby Matthew on Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:34 pm

Keaf Yeah, I'll be doing a franchise for madden. Will you?

afg, its a lcd monitor.
Matthew

Postby thaKEAF on Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:36 am

Yeah I'm gonna try and post one up soon.
thaKEAF

Postby Lamrock on Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:01 pm

Sorry to being back a year-old topic, but this is the best 2K7 association ever. It sucks that it ended like this and I miss it. I wish I could get pics like that. :(
Lamrock

Postby Ty-Land on Tue May 01, 2007 6:46 pm

I couldn't agree more! This association sold me on getting a 360 and moving from Live the the 2k Series. If you're reading this Matthew, it would be bloody awesome if you did another like this if you've got the time.
Ty-Land
Spacewolf

Postby Andy92_man on Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:19 am

what happened to Matthew????
Andy92_man

Previous

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame