A LEGEND IS BORN III

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III: 2014 NBA FINALS GAME TWO

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:32 am

Huge games from KD and Ty. Watch out for the Heat though. 2-0 Finals leads aren't safe against them.
Lamrock

Postby Houndy on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:17 pm

Yeah I was about to say, 0-2 is real easy for em
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:02 pm

Thierry • wrote:Lee out (N) But great job holding Beasley. You can do it.

Beasley was better in Game 2 but if we can make him play bad in half of the series, it becomes a lot more winnable!

Martti. wrote:Wade will have to carry them, pothead Beasley can't be relied on. You've got this, even without Lee.

Wade is 32 years old though.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:00 pm

JR SMITH JOINS THE PARTY, LEADS MIAMI

Image Image

June 9, MIAMIJR Smith took a while to bring his best out against the Seattle Stealth. It took an off-night from Seattle All-Star Reshawn Tyson and the game being played at home for Smith to get back into the groove of things. Smith was brilliant as he tallied up 24 points and 6 assists to help the Heat pull away from the Stealth late in the game to win 109-98.

Dwyane Wade led the team with 28 points and Michael Beasley chipped in with 18 and the Heat won an important game. The Eastern Conference’s seventh seed trails the League-best Stealth two games to one in the best-of-seven series.

“I needed to come out motivated and really get on the scoreboard,” Smith explained, “It feels good to be back home. We need to win our next two games and close out the series in Seattle. That’s the only way we are going to win the Finals.”

Wade is looking forward to the next game, which he called the most important of the season. “I’ve been here before,” the 32 year old veteran said, “I’m well aware that my clock is ticking. I know that if I want to win another ring, it’s got to be now. I’m not going to average 20 points a game forever.”

Kevin Durant was the best player for Seattle with 27 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists. Allen Iverson made up for Tyson’s quiet night with 17 points from off the bench. Jason Kidd added 14 points, 5 rebounds and 3 assists. However, it was not enough on a night where Andrew Bogut struggled against tough interior defence from the Heat and Tyson looked a step slower than everyone else on the floor.

Tyson complained of a niggling ankle injury, “I’ve been playing with a sprained ankle since the end of the last series. I tweaked it a little bit. It’s getting better. I will be good next game.”

“The Heat got lucky,” Durant said after the game, “We’re not going to let them have a chance in the next game. Mark my words.”

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III: 2014 NBA FINALS GAME THREE

Postby Valor on Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Win Game 4, and you will win the title (Y) (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Valor wrote:Win Game 4, and you will win the title (Y) (Y)

Fingers crossed :)
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:03 pm

STEALH WINS GAME BUT LOSES BOGUT

Image Image

June 12, MIAMIKevin Durant hit the game winning shot with 6.7 seconds left in the game and the Seattle Stealth escaped with a close 89-87 win in Game 4 of the NBA Finals. The game was still in doubt until Michael Beasley missed a shot at the buzzer after Reshawn Tyson denied Dwyane Wade and forced him to pass with time running out.

“That play at the end was designed for me,” Wade admitted, “I was too slow to get a shot up so I had to get it to someone else. It was a bad pass from me and I’m lucky that he (Beasley) actually got to the ball and could get some sort of look at the hoop.” Beasley pounded his chest and shouted after watching his attempt come up short. He explained afterwards, “I should have taken a split second longer to get set and put up a good shot. I rushed it a little bit.”

Beasley was strong as he put up 18 points and grabbed 18 rebounds. Wade struggled as he scored 15 points on just 6 for 15 shooting. JR Smith could not follow up his Game 3 form as he also shot poorly (4-12 from the field). “We need a better effort,” Wade stated the obvious, “We have our backs against the wall now. It’s time for us to play Miami Heat basketball and get back into this series.”

It wasn’t all happy for the Stealth as All-Star centre Andrew Bogut was hurt in the final quarter. He limped off the court in the middle of a strong effort having tallied 17 points, 15 rebounds. The team is already without starting power forward David Lee and Coach George Karl is hoping that Bogut will be able to keep playing.

“He (Bogut) is a tough guy,” Karl said, “I’m sure that he will play if he is cleared by the medical staff. We need him to close out this series.” The Australian international was quickly taken away to hospital for scans on his right foot.

Durant and Tyson both scored 21 points apiece to pace the Stealth while Allen Iverson added an important 11 points from off the bench. Iverson was particularly important as all of his points came in the final quarter.

“That’s what I do. I’m the answer,” Iverson boasted from the visitor’s locker room.

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III: 2014 NBA FINALS GAME FOUR

Postby The X on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:56 pm

The question is does this series go back to Seattle? I think it might. Steatlh in 6.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:59 pm

This one's pretty much over - the Stealth will make it. 4-1
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:17 am

Torn on whether I want you to win Game 5 or not. Hopefully your frontcourt holds up for one more game. Thrilled to see the Stealth finally getting over that hump though.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:07 pm

Lamrock wrote:Torn on whether I want you to win Game 5 or not. Hopefully your frontcourt holds up for one more game. Thrilled to see the Stealth finally getting over that hump though.

No Lee and maybe no Bogut. But still Durant, Ty, Kidd, Iverson. :) And AMMO.

The X wrote:The question is does this series go back to Seattle? I think it might. Steatlh in 6.

hova- wrote:This one's pretty much over - the Stealth will make it. 4-1

The Finals are ours to lose now. (Y)
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:25 pm

Sucks to lose Bogut but you've got this...theres no way to choke this one away now unless Durant turns into "The Frozen One" :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:23 pm

BOGUT INSPIRATIONAL, WADE TURNS BACK TIME

Image Image

June 15, MIAMI – For one night, Dwyane Wade reminded fans of his past self. And the Heat will live to play another night after their 96-89 win in Game 5 of the NBA Finals. The Stealth now lead the series 3-2 with the series shifting back to Seattle.

“It’s not over yet,” Wade told reporters as he left the arena after the game.

Wade looked more like the 2006 edition of himself as he finished with 30 points (10-24 FG), 10 assists, 7 rebounds, 3 steals. He had been struggling to find his stroke all series but finally found the upper hand in his matchup against the younger All-Star Rehsawn Tyson. Wade was most impressive in the fourth quarter where he helped to engineer a series saving 14-2 run to cut a Stealth 9 point lead to a Heat 3 point advantage. Wade scored 14 points and had 4 assists in that final period.

Stealth Coach George Karl was still a bit surprised after the game, “I didn’t think he had it in him. No disrespect to Wade as he’s a great player but I didn’t think he could still score like that.”

JR Smith scored 16 points and Dorrell Wright had a double double of 11 points and 12 rebounds. The Heat faithful were on their feet and jeering as Stealth captain and League MVP Kevin Durant missed three straight shots down the stretch. The fans cheered loudly as Wade hit 4 free throws in the final minute to keep his side on top and seal the game.

Durant shot poorly as he finished on 6 for 17 shooting for 17 points. Tyson racked up 15 points and 13 rebounds on 6 for 13 shooting. However, the night belonged to injured centre Andrew Bogut who decided to play Game 5 despite a bruised heel.

“I was told to sit out a week but that means that I’d miss the rest of the series,” the big man said, “There’s no way I’m going to sit out the NBA Finals.” Bogut was brilliant as he nearly put together a triple double. He finished with 17 points, 10 rebounds, 9 assists and 4 blocks.

Read More…
Last edited by Fresh8 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fresh8

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III: 2014 NBA FINALS GAME FIVE

Postby Valor on Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:34 pm

Bogut with a mini-Willis Reed but you still lost...please don't choke this away :facepalm2: :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:08 am

Valor wrote:Bogut with a mini-Willis Reed but you still lost...please don't choke this away :facepalm2: :lol:

Game 6 coming up :)
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:11 am

Game 6 is in Seattle, no?
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:43 am

Lamrock wrote:Game 6 is in Seattle, no?

Yeah it is. I'm an idiot :)
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:15 pm

If I was you, I would have lost G5 on purpose to win at home. :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Snake Eyes (1998), SPY×FAMILY - CODE: White (2023), Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (1969) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Thierry • wrote:If I was you, I would have lost G5 on purpose to win at home. :lol:

Never lose games on purpose. That's bad. (N)
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:34 pm

I know bro, just kidding. Especially after what this franchise has been through. :wink:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Snake Eyes (1998), SPY×FAMILY - CODE: White (2023), Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (1969) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby The X on Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:00 pm

I called it. Durant wanted to win in front of his home fans. No other way for KD :cool:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Thierry • wrote:I know bro, just kidding. Especially after what this franchise has been through. :wink:

Yeah.... not good ahaha We lose too many Game 7s!

The X wrote:I called it. Durant wanted to win in front of his home fans. No other way for KD :cool:

Correction: Durant wanted to win in front of HIS fans.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:51 pm

HIGH SCORING THRILLER BETWEEN STEALTH AND HEAT

Image Image

June 18, SEATTLE – NBA Finals are usually full of storylines. This one between the League’s best regular season team and the underdog seventh seed from the East is no different. Game 6 was an exhilarating affair between two quality basketball clubs and the 120-118 score line reflected a fun 2 hours of basketball, which cumulated in a game winning shot from an unlikely source.

The Heat got valuable contributions from their third and fourth offensive options. Their star power forward put in a determined effort as well in order to make up for their franchise guard’s poor shooting. The Stealth’s young and rising superstar put in a classic performance and their injured centre was unstoppable in the paint – bruised heel and Heat defence would have no effect on him. The League MVP looked tired after a long season and NBA legends remain one game away from an elusive championship.

And the best part is that it all comes down to one game; one game that could define (or redefine) the legacy of many of the players on both squads.

Robin Lopez, acquired from the Phoenix Suns in the middle of the season, performed well as if it was a movie script. The previously unwanted big man tore up the middle with 27 points, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks on 12 for 15 shooting (including the game winner). “This is why they traded for me,” he quipped. Proverbial and often controversial wingman JR Smith looked like he saved his best for last as he was deadly with 24 points on 9 for 13 shooting.

Michael Beasley picked his spots properly and punished the Stealth by putting up 19 points, 15 rebounds on 5 for 11 shooting. Dwyane Wade looked human again as he was 7 for 23 from the field but still managed 15 points, 12 assists and Marcus Williams was instrumental in the team’s highest scoring game of the postseason with 12 points, 10 assists.

“We were definitely a better team tonight. We got it done on both ends of the floor,” Wade acknowledged.

Reshawn Tyson continued to overshadow his MVP teammate Kevin Durant by tallying 31 points (8-21 FG, 2-7 3PT, 13-13 FT), 9 assists, 7 rebounds and 2 steals. Tyson was relentless as he continually drove to the hoop and converted layups or drew fouls. The highlight of the game was in fact his move to the hoop and dunk against Beasley. Tyson drew the foul and converted the freebie for the three point play in the middle of the third quarter.

The injured Andrew Bogut was slower and more Earth bound than usual. It showed on his rebounding total (5 rebounds) but he still found ways to score with nifty post moves leading to baby hooks and short jumpers. Bogut had 25 points on 12 for 17 shooting and added 4 assists for good measure. Adam Morrison (18 points) and Allen Iverson (14 points) showed why the Stealth are considered to be the deepest team in the NBA.

Durant struggled but found other ways to contribute. He finished with 12 points, 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 4 steals on 5 for 15 shooting. Jason Kidd (5 points, 6 assists, 3 rebounds) looked like an old 41 year old on the floor as the fatigue of a long season seems to have caught up with him.

The two teams battled it out on the Stealth home court and in a game with multiple lead changes; it all came down to one shot with 17.3 seconds remaining in the game. The shot belonged to Lopez who hit a long jumper as time expired.

“I thought I was off,” Lopez laughed, “I guess it was my lucky day.”

After Lopez sunk the shot, the Stealth called a timeout and failed to convert on three shot attempts. Tyson missed two and Durant missed another as the Heat defence scrambled every time they missed the rebounding opportunity.

“I’ve been here before,” Wade told press referring to his 2006 NBA Finals appearance, “I know what a Game 7 feels like at this stage of the season. I will be prepared.”

Durant was adamant that the season would end in disappointment, “The Heat had more to lose in this game. It’s all even now as it should be. We got the advantage at home so I think that you’re in for a treat next game.”

Read More…
Fresh8

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III: 2014 NBA FINALS GAME 6 (EPIC, GREA

Postby |)e8* on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:00 am

GOOD LUCK!
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Re: A LEGEND IS BORN III: 2014 NBA FINALS GAME 6 (EPIC, GREA

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:51 am

Don't forget that Axel Gomez, Carl Cruz and Shad O'Greene are part of the next draft class :)
Fresh8

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame