A LEGEND IS BORN II

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Postby kaiser_kobe on Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:37 pm

Really great association and great team...hope that youll find the winning rhythm and team chemistry that your team needs...also nice recaps...ill be following this! (Y)
See it and tell me what you think.

Toys for the Big Boys.
kaiser_kobe

Postby The X on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:33 pm

nice pic, looks like you'll be taking a couple of pics for me if I ever get my Nuggets one going ;)
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby hova- on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:33 am

Very very nice recap. Good writing (Y) . I hope you can win your next games against your direct neighbours in the standings. And well, Ilgauskas? I dont know his contract right about now, but Im pretty sure its not expiring. Do you really want to get an old immobile C? He is not weak but I dont see him playing along your young gunz ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby StupidBoy on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:33 am

hova- wrote:Very very nice recap. Good writing (Y) . I hope you can win your next games against your direct neighbours in the standings. And well, Ilgauskas? I dont know his contract right about now, but Im pretty sure its not expiring. Do you really want to get an old immobile C? He is not weak but I dont see him playing along your young gunz ;)

Big Z has 2 years in his contract I think? Or 3? Don't know, but I'd say, that a trade for Big Z would be a bit unrealistic, since he's been a Cavalier for he's whole life and after his contract expires, he will retire. And he hopes to retire as a Cav :D And, the Cavs would need a Center back. Who's gonna play it with Z out of town? Eventhough, he is good, and he isn't that immobile as -hova said, he's great with offensive boards, at least in my eyes. If you want a veteran expiring, go for Brad Miller.

And I agree, very nice recap with great writing. Tough loss, though.
Take care, stay Fresh ;)
StupidBoy

Postby Sam The Man on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:03 am

Looks like you have a solid team, with many players scoring in double digits every night. Durant looks like he is turning into an all-star :D
Sam The Man

Postby cocobee on Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:26 pm

Very unlike King James performance, good game plan against him.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:42 pm

coco wrote:Where can I get my Chara jersey? I predict he will go number 1 in the draft. You forgot another major weakness....he went to Duke! LOL

Don't hate on the Blue Devil... ok, hate on him! But when he's in the NBA, you will love him.

hova wrote:Nice reports. This Moses man should be your pick. Inside presence is crucial to be successfull. Seems to be a bit undersized though. Hopefully youll be able to get a top pick.

Just pointing out that Moses is not an inside presence. :P He'd be an average inside scorer and defender.

Ginobili/Stupid Boy wrote:Hey, Fresh, I just started reading your story. I already sent you the information for my draftee Very Happy Anyway, can I just ask you, which pick are you hoping to get?From your descriptions, I'd say Moses will go first... Go Moses Malone..err, I mean Chara.

Who says I will get the number 1 pick though? :P It looks like we are in need of a C... we are set at the guard positions... our team needs a defensive minded big man. What do you guys think?

Mark wrote:One last thing tho..... play longer quarters

Thanks Mark... I might up the quarters by 2 minutes...

Kaiser Kobe wrote:eally great association and great team...hope that youll find the winning rhythm and team chemistry that your team needs...also nice recaps...ill be following this!

Thanks man. Much appreciated! I also hope that we start winning soon! :P

X wrote:nice pic, looks like you'll be taking a couple of pics for me if I ever get my Nuggets one going

I think I might just use my phone to take pictures lol... it seems to do the trick :) And if you want one of my many Kobe pictures, sure! :P

hova wrote:ery very nice recap. Good writing Thumbs Up . I hope you can win your next games against your direct neighbours in the standings. And well, Ilgauskas? I dont know his contract right about now, but Im pretty sure its not expiring. Do you really want to get an old immobile C? He is not weak but I dont see him playing along your young gunz

We need someone who can alter shots... someone who can grab boards. Wilcox can run and score... I think Collison will be gone because he is more methodical... He's pretty decent so we can get someone decent in return. However, I wish I traded for Curry... I'm actually thinking maybe getting Marbury. What do you guys think?

Stupidboy wrote:Take care, stay Fresh

Right back at ya! :P

Sam the Man wrote:Looks like you have a solid team, with many players scoring in double digits every night. Durant looks like he is turning into an all-star

We are missing a consistent second option... Thats wat we need right now!

Very unlike King James performance, good game plan against him.

Yeah, we shut him down good!
Last edited by Fresh8 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:55 pm

NLSC Ballers

I am thinking of having NLSC players in this Association.

If you want in; PM me with name, age (usually 19-23 - would be good to have a mix of ages), position, school, height, body type/tone, 5 strengths, 5 weaknesses, brief description of your playing style and perhaps a background story that I can incorporate into this one.

You may add suggestions for signature shot, free throw, dunks, and handles.

I will be making NLSCers as mid-late first rounders so if you are lucky, you may slip into the lottery! I’m yet to decide how many I will include… it will depend on how many people want to be included. Just note that you can’t edit player faces and the what not so you will get whoever I choose for you to look like.

(Note: With the background story, you don't need one but it would be good but I'm quite the brainstormer so if you dont give me a story, I will give you one that is interesting anyways!)

Currently taking applications for the 2009 NBA Draft. Spots are limited. You have until the end of the Dynasty's virtual December (We are at the end of November) to get your application in. Any applications after that will be pushed to 2010, 2011 NBA Drafts and so on.
Fresh8

Postby StupidBoy on Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:12 am

I just have a question for ya, do you have any intentions of competing for 2010 free agents?
StupidBoy

Postby hova- on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:50 am

Fresh wrote:
hova wrote:Nice reports. This Moses man should be your pick. Inside presence is crucial to be successfull. Seems to be a bit undersized though. Hopefully youll be able to get a top pick.

Just pointing out that Moses is not an inside presence. :P He'd be an average inside scorer and defender.

Oh :) Thx for pointing it out. But hes a big man I guess. Thats what I was thinking of with the term "inside presence" ^^

hova wrote:ery very nice recap. Good writing Thumbs Up . I hope you can win your next games against your direct neighbours in the standings. And well, Ilgauskas? I dont know his contract right about now, but Im pretty sure its not expiring. Do you really want to get an old immobile C? He is not weak but I dont see him playing along your young gunz

We need someone who can alter shots... someone who can grab boards. Wilcox can run and score... I think Collison will be gone because he is more methodical... He's pretty decent so we can get someone decent in return. However, I wish I traded for Curry... I'm actually thinking maybe getting Marbury. What do you guys think?
!

Bring in Marbury? I would not do this. Hes a scrub. Curry is the better option, but he can neither alter shots nor grab boards. Why not bring back Dikember Mutombo :D
Its so tough to get good big men .. but keep us uptodate with your trading thoughts ;)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby nba_baller on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:41 pm

Yeah, Marbury (N). You could get Bogut? Tall, rebounder, doesn't score much but will get you a inside presence for whatever rating he is. BTW the NLSC Ballers thing. I sent you an application a couple of days ago. Is that okay?
nba_baller

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:55 pm

Stupidboy wrote:I just have a question for ya, do you have any intentions of competing for 2010 free agents?

I have a ton of capspace as it is and it looks like this team, if we don't sign anyone significant in the 2009 FA period, will be automatic contenders in the 2010 market.

Hov wrote:But hes a big man I guess. Thats what I was thinking of with the term "inside presence"

Chara is a big SF who is awesome outside scorer... just clarifying!

Hov wrote:Bring in Marbury? I would not do this. Hes a scrub. Curry is the better option, but he can neither alter shots nor grab boards. Why not bring back Dikember Mutombo
Its so tough to get good big men .. but keep us uptodate with your trading thoughts

I would have got Curry but the Kings already got him. :(

nba_baller wrote:Yeah, Marbury . You could get Bogut? Tall, rebounder, doesn't score much but will get you a inside presence for whatever rating he is. BTW the NLSC Ballers thing. I sent you an application a couple of days ago. Is that okay?

I thought about Bogut but he just got a huge extension with the Bucks so doesn't seem realistic that Milwaukee would trade him away... anywho... Yes, I got your PM and everything is A OK. :)
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born II (5-10) - SEA @ CLE Page 2

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:16 am

NLSC Ballers Update

As of the end of November, these are the likely draft entrants for the respective NBA Drafts. Changes may occur over time as circumstances may persist. Ages are as the of 2008-09 season.

2009 NLSC Draft Class

C. B Brock, 23
SG. J Mason, 21
SG. M Moore, 22
PF. M Must, 20
PG. K Pirc, 22
PG. Z Resurreccion, 24
SG. A Watson, 27

2010 NLSC Draft Class

SF. J Carter, 21
PG. E Cocobee, 21
SF. K Dela Cruz, 18
PG. T Hedge, 20
PG. C Hova, 20
PG. R liliach, 21
PF. E Smith, 20

2011 NLSC Draft Class

Pending

Don't forget to keep applying as there are sitll many spots up for grabs!
Last edited by Fresh8 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: A Legend Is Born II (5-10) - NLSC Ballers Update

Postby homicide1550 on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:51 am

Yey! I am in the 09 Draft Class! Anyways, everything is going smooth here...
Visit my Facebook page: Kicksfix: homicide1550

Click image to view the thread!

KicksFix 2K12 2K13
(Live08) RISE UP! A Cleveland Cavaliers Dynasty

Ranked 7th, Top 10 Dynasty Hall of Fame

homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby cocobee on Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:51 pm

E.Cocobee will be an awesome draft pick!!
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Jing on Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:13 pm

:D Totally forgot about this, oh well.
Jing

Postby The X on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:00 pm

I'm 27 :( Hoping I'd be 23 still :|
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby kaiser_kobe on Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:40 pm

Hey...whose that 18 yr old youngster over there? i think hell be a top pick for sure... :D but for 2010 draft? o men...it will be a long wait for it...
See it and tell me what you think.

Toys for the Big Boys.
kaiser_kobe

Postby StupidBoy on Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:04 am

Great, Im in the 09 draft class, yeeey xD I hope you get to the next season quickly, and don't forget to draft me :P I'll take you to the championship :cool: :lol:
StupidBoy

Postby hova- on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:57 am

Oh Im in the 2010 draft. You will surely need a backup PG for Westbrook in 2010 :) Keep it coming
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Oskar on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:20 am

Byron Brock, let's go ! '09, mentioned first, and will be picked first, buhaha ! Btw, this dynasty, as I've mentioned a couple of times, is still awesome. Not too many ones to follow right now, but this is a masterpiece ! Great job, keep it up !
Oskar

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:45 am

Thanks for the comments guys.

Sorry for the lack of updates but I was finishing exams and worked like 50 hours last week... I've just finished up at my old job and taking some time out to relax so I have been lazy with the dynasty but it is well-deserved rest if you ask me. :P

After catching up with sleep and friends, I will make the next massive update to round up November. I am currently in the middle of finishing the next chapter of the story.

Rest assured, this season will go fairly quickly... should be finished in a month and a half then the real dynasty begins with the NBA Draft! :) And the Stealth finally move in the direction I want it to. Any moves I make now are just baby steps to the future of the franchise. :)
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:17 pm

Forgot this one was going for a while, (Haven't been following many dynasties) but this remains my favorite. Shame I missed out on being an NLSC Baller, but can't wait for Nov. recap!
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:11 pm

In response to Jing and Lamrock and anyone else who may want to be part of this dynasty...

NLSC Ballers

I am thinking of having NLSC players in this Association.

If you want in; PM me with name, age (usually 19-23 - would be good to have a mix of ages), position, school, height, body type/tone, 5 strengths, 5 weaknesses, brief description of your playing style and perhaps a background story that I can incorporate into this one.

You may add suggestions for signature shot, free throw, dunks, and handles.

I will be making NLSCers as mid-late first rounders so if you are lucky, you may slip into the lottery! I’m yet to decide how many I will include… it will depend on how many people want to be included. Just note that you can’t edit player faces and the what not so you will get whoever I choose for you to look like.

(Note: With the background story, you don't need one but it would be good but I'm quite the brainstormer so if you dont give me a story, I will give you one that is interesting anyways!)

Currently taking applications for the 2009 NBA Draft. Spots are limited. You have until the end of the Dynasty's virtual December (We are at the end of November) to get your application in. Any applications after that will be pushed to 2010, 2011 NBA Drafts and so on.
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:41 pm

Sent mine in. And with a corny storyline to boot!
Lamrock

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame