Levy's Game Sliders

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

Levy's Game Sliders

Postby levynagy on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:19 pm

Here's a new version (5.0) and probably the final version of my sliders with a few minor changes. It goes along with the "universal" Coach Profile I use.

I emphasized the playing in the post and the driving to the basket tendency with better dunking (players still miss the dunks sometimes like they should) and more active rebounding behavior from the big men plus the putback shot tendency typical to the modern physical style of play. As of February 2015, players actually go on fastbreak with the fastbreak slider still at 0! But I mean it as a positive thing: sometimes if ,and only if, they are not well defended, one or two players will run on offense right after their team was scored on. This is way more different than the buggy 2K fastbreak system and it gives a natural feeling to the gameplay.

These sliders work with my Roster files (only?) as they go hand in hand with the adjustments I made to players on the Roster - yet another reason to use my mods when they will be available to the public. :idea: So far I tested the sliders with several roster including the 1994-95, 1996-97 and 2013-14 mods released on NLSC forum and is highly recommended with my 1997-98 DLC, 2014-15 DLC (*its release soon to be announced) and the future 1992-93 DLC.

:idea: In case you had an earlier version of my work, please keep in mind there were some changes made on 6th February 2015, so you should redownload the files below!

You can find the new sliders here :arrow: http://adf.ly/8685123/levy-sliders
You can find the game settings here :arrow: http://adf.ly/8685123/levy-settings

Settings:
Game Diff Superstar
Game speed 48 - and you should set the player speed to 48 on the screen before the game start/on the match-up screen in season/association mode!
Fatigue ON
Clutch OFF
Injury OFF
Shooting% & FT% Real Player
FT Difficulty 65

The "universal" Coach Profile (if you use it with your own roster file, you will have to adjust these values accordingly for each and every coach in the game!):
Offensive Tempo - 50
Defensive Pressure - 50
Help Defense - 25
Fast Break - 0
Crash Boards - 75
Run Plays - 25
Double Teams - 35
Zone Usage - 10
Bench Depth - 40
Take Inside Shots - 50
Take Close Shots - 40
Take Mid-Range Shots - 30
Take 3PT Shots - 20
Attack the Basket - 50
Look for Post Players - 70
Throw Alley Oops - 1
Last edited by levynagy on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:49 am, edited 10 times in total.
levynagy

Re: Levy's Game Sliders

Postby levynagy on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:16 pm

Did you ever wanted to play a videogame that has a REAL feel like the real NBA games? Then you should play with patience, allowing your players to pick & roll and set screens and play smart defense! For a much improved gameplay without crazy, unrealistic fastbreaks as wrongly implemented by 2K in every game during the last 4 years or so (I called it the "monkeys on steroids" Arcade type of game apparently loved by the masses for obvious reasons! :P ), you will have to adjust the Coach Profile settings in your roster file according to my scheme (don't forget to SAVE your roster file after applying the changes!). You will have to do it for ALL coaches. It is a lot easier if you have REDitorII, just make sure every coach (head coach & assistant coach) have these values in case the game starts firing and replaces coaches automatically during your association etc.

Also you should use different Playbooks for each team so they don't move the same on the court e.g. for Mavericks use Mavericks playbooks, for Suns use Suns playbook and so on. But these coach values should be the same or the gameplay and the stats WON'T look like the one I get with the Sliders I put up here in this post for you!

Another useful tips for you:
- change Substitution method (in Association/Season Settings & Coach Settings) from Rotation to Fatigue to generate more random results and better use of bench players
- set (in Coach Settings) Offense & Defense Playcalling to Auto instead of Manual: the whole game especially the final result will change immensely! (if you use Manual and play like me, you will NEVER LOSE on allstar level and will VERY RARELY WIN on superstar level with the CPU cheating)
- something I can't live without...if you play Simulation style like me, use a roster file made by someone who actually knows what he is doing and it also gives realistic results (e.g. real FG% & FT% and similar TO, Reb etc. values to the real NBA stats as you can see them on http://www.basketball-reference.com) - as an example, every one of my roster files (which means to change full profile for about 400 players) took me 3 to 6 months to finish in order to re-create each NBA player from a particular season or era based on special formulas and real stats. Trust me, there are only 2 or 3 people out there who did this and they are not the ones with the infamous "ultimate" mods you will find on NLSC ;)

Without further ado here is the "universal" Coach Profile:
Offensive Tempo - 50
Defensive Pressure - 25
Help Defense - 25
Fast Break - 0
Crash Boards - 65
Run Plays - 75
Double Teams - 35
Zone Usage - 10
Bench Depth - 50
Take Inside Shots - 50
Take Close Shots - 40
Take Mid-Range Shots - 45
Take 3PT Shots - 75
Attack the Basket - 75
Look for Post Players - 50
Throw Alley Oops - 10
Athleticism-Skill - *
Offense-Defense - *
Guards-Forwards - *
Inside-Outside - *
*depending on the type of players you have or want to emphasize on; or you can apply historical accurate coaching values for real teams from retro NBA seasons if you remember how they played, this value is totally up to you

For a better understanding of what these settings in the Coach Profile mean, go and read this post: http://forums.hoopshype.com/forums/inde ... ic=63006.0
Last edited by levynagy on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
levynagy

Postby levynagy on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:33 pm

And a few screenshots of the final results and team stats for some of the games I've played as a tester (I always play with PHX). I used realistic players created by me with the Coach Profiles implemented as per values given above.

I would love to hear you opinions and see your results but I should tell you there are a few things from the real NBA that cannot and will not be simulated in videogames! Don't ask why, nobody knows why they don't work in the artificial (A.I.) world - but probably it is best this way or else we would all live in a matrix. :crazyeyes: For example, I don't like the inaccuracy of the 3PT percentage in most of my games but if I change anything it will affect the whole game in a bad way giving worse results. So yeah, I guess nothing is perfect with A.I.

levynagy

Postby themightyclown on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:30 am

hi levy awesome work as always, i have been playing 2k11 because of your mod, but however i just recently reformat py pc, and lost my save files..
your link to you slider 2.0 seems corrupted and cannot be loaded in 2k11, can you please fix it? thanks and more power to you :D
themightyclown

Postby levynagy on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:37 am

Thanks for your great feedback! I've checked the link to my sliders and it works, plus it's been downloaded many times this week, I just downloaded it myself a minute ago. Please try it again, there shouldn't be any problem with it. :)

Again, I am sorry that people can't take full advantage of my work because...my main work, the roster files for different mods, is NOT online except for the 2013-2014 minor update here on NLSC. Even if I could put it up, you would still need about 1GB of data (courts, jerseys, CFs etc.) which are mostly made by others whom I don't know if they would agree to upload their work by 3rd parties. I wanted to help the community at least with my sliders in hoping that it will work with most of the roster files people use in their game. I really wish there was a way to share my 1997-1998 mod with you :cry: ...which is a HUGE improvement to the 1996-1997 season mod on NLSC and in my opinion, in terms of gameplay & player ratings beats ANY mod made for a 2K game including all those shinny 2K14 mods in use now.

themightyclown wrote:hi levy awesome work as always, i have been playing 2k11 because of your mod, but however i just recently reformat py pc, and lost my save files..
your link to you slider 2.0 seems corrupted and cannot be loaded in 2k11, can you please fix it? thanks and more power to you :D
levynagy

Postby themightyclown on Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:29 pm

its working now :lol: i just have to choose the file from august 2, instead of the current file right above the Download button.. im starting a new season with your 2013-2014 roster and its awesome.. 2k11 is the most realistic NBA 2k game ever thank you boss levy for all your hard work :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: BTW do you have a 14 draft class for 2k11? :lol:
themightyclown

Postby levynagy on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:18 pm

themightyclown wrote:its working now :lol: i just have to choose the file from august 2, instead of the current file right above the Download button.. im starting a new season with your 2013-2014 roster and its awesome.. 2k11 is the most realistic NBA 2k game ever thank you boss levy for all your hard work :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: BTW do you have a 14 draft class for 2k11? :lol:

I'm glad! :) Yes, I have a 2014 Draft Class but it is rather incomplete. Some players have no realistic ratings or their CFs are missing... I'm not sure if I will have time to continue working on it and I wouldn't upload an incomplete version till I'm done with it.

Vlad2010 wrote:Where can i download 2013-2014 roster. In this thread viewtopic.php?f=136&t=92991&start=150 i dont see any links for it?

Yes, there is! Actually there are a few different versions with links. I suggest you read the whole thread because it contains useful information and it helps you understand the changes were made to the roster file and the whole 2013-2014 mod. But I know people are lazy so here is the roster file: 2013-2014 Roster with Levy's Updates
levynagy

Postby sticky-fingers on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:01 am

Thanx Levy for sharing your job (Y)

i tried your sliders with 1991/92 mod and here's my (first) feedback :
- Love : the way the players react
- Hate : inaccurate passes
- Too easy : 3pts, Steals for player, rebounding for CPU

levynagy wrote:including 1996-97 released on NLSC but also the 1994-95, 1997-98, 2013-14, 2014-15 season mods by me (Levy) but not made available for public because of lack of time & space to upload.

Got a good connection (upload @ 50Mb/s), you could send me a dvd with theses mods, i'll upload your files here on NLSC like i did it before for 1991/92 and 1997 mods.
PM me if you're interested.
sticky-fingers

Postby levynagy on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:56 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Thanx Levy for sharing your job (Y)

i tried your sliders with 1991/92 mod and here's my (first) feedback :
- Love : the way the players react
- Hate : inaccurate passes
- Too easy : 3pts, Steals for player, rebounding for CPU

levynagy wrote:including 1996-97 released on NLSC but also the 1994-95, 1997-98, 2013-14, 2014-15 season mods by me (Levy) but not made available for public because of lack of time & space to upload.

Got a good connection (upload @ 50Mb/s), you could send me a dvd with theses mods, i'll upload your files here on NLSC like i did it before for 1991/92 and 1997 mods.
PM me if you're interested.

Glad I can help even if it's just a small contribution. :) For the inaccurate passes please raise the handling rating. The rest...depends on the player ratings I guess, mine look OK as there is a tight D every game and the number of 3s is quite low, most of the stealing attempts end up in fouling and rebounding is quite accurate.

I can't answer your question about my mods as I am moving right now and will relocate to a different country but we might find a solution in the near future. Thanks anyway!
levynagy

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:43 pm

Well, at this point with 1991/92 mod I can't drive and make a good pass with M.J :?
So i'll try to raise the handling rating ;)

For your mods, don't hesitate to contact me ;)
sticky-fingers

Postby levynagy on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:59 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:Well, at this point with 1991/92 mod I can't drive and make a good pass with M.J :?
So i'll try to raise the handling rating ;)

For your mods, don't hesitate to contact me ;)

Cool, no problem!

As for making my mods available for the public, I am still thinking if giving them away for free at all after working on them for months. I would prefer to get some positive feedback from people who are willing to pay a couple of euros instead especially after seeing the lack of gratitude I've gotten for my updates here on NLSC. I counted about 600 downloads and not ONE thank you nor a vote... So my idea is to upload or send you a DVD containing the necessary files, mostly made by others, but send my roster/draft files upon request by email for a fee payable by PayPal. What I have now is complete 1997-98 & 2013-14 mods, and for the rest of this year I intend to make the 2014-15 mod for when the new season will start. This is pretty much all the info I have while I am busy packing and leaving Europe. :wink:
levynagy

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:21 pm

levynagy wrote:after seeing the lack of gratitude I've gotten for my updates here on NLSC. I counted about 600 downloads and not ONE thank you nor a vote...

Unfortunately, this is Internet now :roll:
Back in the day, less people on forums, but bette feedbacks and exchanges.
sticky-fingers

Postby levynagy on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:25 pm

sticky-fingers wrote:
levynagy wrote:after seeing the lack of gratitude I've gotten for my updates here on NLSC. I counted about 600 downloads and not ONE thank you nor a vote...

Unfortunately, this is Internet now :roll:
Back in the day, less people on forums, but bette feedbacks and exchanges.

Exactly!
levynagy

Postby Kevin on Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:28 pm

Same situation we have, Levy
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby levynagy on Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:19 am

I made some adjustments to the Sliders, the Settings and the "universal" Coach Profile. You can find all these changes in the 1st post to this thread. In case you had an earlier version, please re-download the files. :idea:

Also, I am attaching screens to prove that my gameplay has been improved a ton! I lost this game (me playing with PHX) but I am more than satisfied! The game was tied at least 7 or 8 times and slipped away in the last 2 minutes. I did my best to keep up with HOU, even hacked Dwight but they won being led by "The Beard", crazy James Harden, who had 45 pts and pretty much humiliated Goran Dragic on the SG position in defense (while I played with Eric Bledsoe on PG locked position by getting 17 pts & 10 ast & 6 to and slowed down Patrick Beverley who went only 4-13 in FG).

These screens also give you a preview of my 2014-15 Season mod (soon to be released on my blog!). For full-screen viewing please click on the images.

levynagy

Return to NBA 2K11