Is there a patch to stop AI from stealing in excess?

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

Is there a patch to stop AI from stealing in excess?

Postby levynagy on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:06 pm

I used to play NBA Live series made by EA Sports and then I jumped straight to NBA 2012 by 2K Sports. But recently I discovered the previous version of this game: NBA2K11. I must say it is superior to the newest version in terms of gameplay, sound (not so loud, music is more decent), and even visually (players sweating).

There is one annoying aspect though: AI goes for steal way too often and even with sliders at 0 for hands, stealing, playing passing lanes, the AI gets something like 17 steals per game versus 6 of mine. :evil: Perhaps someone did a patch to correct this but I never saw it posted. :idea: Could anyone help me with this small thing? :?: Thanks.
levynagy

Re: Is there a patch to stop AI from stealing in excess?

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:30 am

Have you installed the official patch? That helped with the blind pass stealing.

One way I was able to curb the steels was to increase the game speed and lower the player speed. This made the helio move faster while the players were a little slower to react on steals. You can only edit player speed in association mode by pressing the block button at the controller select screen our by using a hacking program like cheat engine for other modes.

Other than that, you just have to pass wisely.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby levynagy on Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:31 am

The truth is I am trying tall kinds of passes with the point guard...the no-look pass kinds and they always land in the opponents hands.

Thanks for the hint! Can you remember the numbers you put in? Like for example, mine are 44 for game speed and 40 for player quickness.
levynagy

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:56 am

I wanted to increase responsiveness, so I put 60 and 45. However, that reduces the release point windows for making shots, so you could go 50-40, or 48-38.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby levynagy on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:00 am

I gave it a quick try and it already looks better with 45-35. But I have noticed a big difference between the NCAA mod and the NBA 1996-97 mod in terms of scoring (NBA tends to be much higher in scoring). It seems like some of the NBA players are overrated...135 points per game is a bit too much.
levynagy

Return to NBA 2K11