Timeout Press 1 to dismiss?

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

Timeout Press 1 to dismiss?

Postby T-MAC-power on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:52 am

Hi guys,
I'm having a lot of troubles with NBA 2K11 control scheme using keyboard. I found out that the text appears when timeout occurs (Gatorade Timeout) says "Press 1 to dismiss". And when i press 1 on my keyboard, nothing happens. However in my keyboard layout, there is no icon like "1", but interestingly the icon "B" is associated with "E" on my keyboard so when i press "E", the timeout gets dismissed (counter downs to zero) successfully.

So is this a bug or any explanation?

Furthermore, there is no such key that allows me to get rid off mini-scenes appear in game when the ball is out of play. That not nice! Maybe 2k Sports is forcing us to watch their sponsors which they made agreement like Sprite, Gatorade etc.

Any comments?
TRACY McGRADY won't be denied!
T-MAC-power

Re: Timeout Press 1 to dismiss?

Postby JaoSming on Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:02 am

you can press pass or fake pass to skip the in-game stuff
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby T-MAC-power on Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:55 pm

JaoSming wrote:you can press pass or fake pass to skip the in-game stuff

Hi JaoSming, yes i know, pressing pass allow me to get rid of "SOME" in-game scenes during the game. But it does NOT work for usually such as some scenes like HP halftime report, team coach's reactions, some replays etc...So it's annoying.

And the question is unanswered related to "press 1 to dismiss", it must be a bug because pressing "1" makes "nothing" the counter goes down by one, but pressing "icon" B - must be "fake pass" - (which is associated with "E" on my keyboard) dismisses timeout countdown. Any idea about that?
TRACY McGRADY won't be denied!
T-MAC-power

Postby JaoSming on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:29 pm

you customized your keyboard layout so it no longer matches the predefined one 2K made. You can edit the english.iff file to and edit the keyboard texture to properly match up with your configuration if you wanted.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Return to NBA 2K11