HOW TO ANKLEBREAK ? please help me >.<

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

HOW TO ANKLEBREAK ? please help me >.<

Postby jonsz123 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:42 am

please !
jonsz123

Re: HOW TO ANKLEBREAK ? please help me >.<

Postby Wim.vl on Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:20 am

I'd say you try using Isomotion dribbling...

If you want to break someone's ankles often, you should set your difficulty level on rookie, turn on-ball defence for the CPU off (set it to 0 in the sliders menu).
But if you use those settings, your game is as realistic as the chance of me taking a piss on George W. Bush's head.
'More rings than Lebron, baby'

- White Mamba
Wim.vl

Postby jonsz123 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:50 pm

haha .. THANKYOU very much Wim ! (Y) :bowdown: :D
jonsz123

Postby rise on Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:42 pm

Wim.vl wrote:But if you use those settings, your game is as realistic as the chance of me taking a piss on George W. Bush's head.
So, very realistic?
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby karlsanada10 on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:45 pm

I think he's being sarcastic.
karlsanada10

Postby gogadantes on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:25 am

Regardless of the setting, the highest chance you have to ankle break someone is just like how you attempt it in real life (another example why this game is the best b-ball game out there):

When you're in a one-on-one (isolation) situation, look at your defender in front of you, and look at his feet. What you're looking for here is which foot is closer to you than the other one. Once you establish that, attack that foot (drive that direction), and then immediately cross over to the other side. Bam. If done correctly you'd beat him so bad he'd stumble at best and fall down at worst.
Example (with an Xbox 360 stick): one-on-one, look at your defender. His left foot (to your right side) is closer to you. What you do is you press right and forward on the left stick to move/drive right, then IMMEDIATELY hold the LB and press left on the left stick to cross over left. Win. :mrgreen:

*Things to remember: If your defender has good position and his feet are both the same distance to you, try to bait him with size-up moves and hesitations. And the closer one foot is to you compared to the other one, the more severe the ankle wrecking will be. And the defender's ratings and your settings (like what Wim.vl said) will also affect this. So during ideal condition, example: you being guarded outside the key by a bad defender, with favorable game settings, and he's pretty much almost facing sideways from you, you're guaranteed an ankle break. I've made Jermaine O'Neal fall down all over the floor trying to guard me outside the 3 point line.

Try it out in one-on-one blacktop mode to get the hang of it. Good luck.
gogadantes

Postby karlsanada10 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:34 pm

I remember when I broke Rose's ankle. Kyle Lowry FTW.xD It's kinda easy if you're using a controller. especially an xbox. I find it easier. (I'm using a logitech one and controls are different.)
karlsanada10

Postby drew_3 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:47 am

gogadantes wrote:Regardless of the setting, the highest chance you have to ankle break someone is just like how you attempt it in real life (another example why this game is the best b-ball game out there):

When you're in a one-on-one (isolation) situation, look at your defender in front of you, and look at his feet. What you're looking for here is which foot is closer to you than the other one. Once you establish that, attack that foot (drive that direction), and then immediately cross over to the other side. Bam. If done correctly you'd beat him so bad he'd stumble at best and fall down at worst.
Example (with an Xbox 360 stick): one-on-one, look at your defender. His left foot (to your right side) is closer to you. What you do is you press right and forward on the left stick to move/drive right, then IMMEDIATELY hold the LB and press left on the left stick to cross over left. Win. :mrgreen:

*Things to remember: If your defender has good position and his feet are both the same distance to you, try to bait him with size-up moves and hesitations. And the closer one foot is to you compared to the other one, the more severe the ankle wrecking will be. And the defender's ratings and your settings (like what Wim.vl said) will also affect this. So during ideal condition, example: you being guarded outside the key by a bad defender, with favorable game settings, and he's pretty much almost facing sideways from you, you're guaranteed an ankle break. I've made Jermaine O'Neal fall down all over the floor trying to guard me outside the 3 point line.

Try it out in one-on-one blacktop mode to get the hang of it. Good luck.

Thank you so much, having never played basketball but love the sport it's often hard to tell where im going wrong. The advice about the feet positioning of the defender seems to have made all the difference to my drives, albeit on 2k12, even if i don't get past the defender i seem, to get less bumping. hopefully this will become like second nature and i won't even need to think about it. Once again a big thank you!!
drew_3

Postby gogadantes on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:11 am

Your welcome, man. And yeah, this whole tip pretty much isn't applicable for NBA 2k12. It'll only work in NBA 2k11 and oh... real life basketball, which kind of tells us something about how unrealistic 1-on-1 dribble penetration is in NBA 2k12. :facepalm2:
gogadantes

Return to NBA 2K11