Advice on developing team chemistry...

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

Re: Advice on developing team chemistry...

Postby rise on Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:12 am

Jack Bauer GB wrote:Look for a trade! You gotta have some cool teams interested in you? whats your OVR?
61. Only the Bobcats are interested right now, and I like my team. We now have Dirk, Tyson, Jamal Crawford, Kirk Hinrich, Stephen Jackson, Dorrell Wright, and others. (Y)
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby koberulz on Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:35 pm

Chemistry is stupid. Lamar Odom is now demanding a trade because he's not getting a big enough role or enough minutes. I've got him as a sixth man playing 30 minutes a game.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby rise on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:02 pm

Lamar Odom is another one of those guys that always demands a trade.

Apparently Antawn Jamison was too pissed at Dallas to continue ring chasing, demanded a trade to "anywhere", and was traded to the Bobcats. :lol:
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby koberulz on Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Is there anyone that doesn't demand a trade? There's someone doing it every bloody week.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby Jack Bauer GB on Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:44 pm

koberulz wrote:Chemistry is stupid. Lamar Odom is now demanding a trade because he's not getting a big enough role or enough minutes. I've got him as a sixth man playing 30 minutes a game.

Dude, I had him as starting forward on 35 mins and he was at about 55 morale and unhappy with his game time. The guys a douche! So when the trade deadline approached I managed to trade him for kleiza and the raptors 1st round draft pick. At this time Jan Vesely's overall had shit up to 75 And he was just as good anyway.

I finished my second season yesterday after and epic nine hour marathon of play. Got to the NBA finals

1st round: Boston (won 2-1) all three game play offs
2nd round: Bucks (won 2-0)
Conference finals: Orlando (won 2-0) destroyed them in the clincher by 22 points with rookie iman Shumpert stealing the show

NBA Finals: The Lakers, who else! Lost the series 2-1. They were just foo damn good. Kobe obviously took playoff MVP.

Positives for the season though...

- making the playoffs finishing 4th in the conference
- 2nd in the division behind the knicks
- Making the NBA finals
- having all 3 of my rookies named to the NBA rookie team for the rookie zoo more challenge.
- the raptors draft picked got me the 7th pick in the draft, I drafted James McAdoo as Odom's long term replacement, a very good PF. Starts at 72 OVR but will struggle to displace Vesely.
- Vesely and Shumerts potential has seen them develop massively. Vesely is now a 79 having stRted a 70 and Shumpert is a 75 havin started a 68. I've got great strength in depth heading to season 3!
Jack Bauer GB

Postby Jack Bauer GB on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:06 am

z02 wrote:
Jack Bauer GB wrote:Look for a trade! You gotta have some cool teams interested in you? whats your OVR?
61. Only the Bobcats are interested right now, and I like my team. We now have Dirk, Tyson, Jamal Crawford, Kirk Hinrich, Stephen Jackson, Dorrell Wright, and others. (Y)

I found I had the most fun in my player from being an ovr 65 up to 80. It wasn't too easy, nor too hard and every point, steal, blockand especially dunks feel well earned. Took me a full 3 seasons to get to a 93 and it was less of a challenge. Won the NBA title and MVP though which helped on skill points.

Have you got the Jamal Crawford layup package yet? It's awesome, the shake and bake is in there!
Jack Bauer GB

Postby rise on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:45 am

Oh, yeah, we also have Luis Scola in the mix.

Just scored 57 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 steals with an A+ team mate rating in a 25 point loss to the Wolves. :lol: Somehow this super-team can't match up against Darko, Flynn, and Beasley.
rise
Contributor

Postby Jack Bauer GB on Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:32 pm

I really struggled against Beasley. Nice stats though !! What quarter lengths are you playing?
Jack Bauer GB

Postby rise on Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:28 pm

I've switched around anywhere between eight to twelve minutes. I've mainly kept scores between 75 and 120, so nothing too out of whack.

So, I ended the 2nd season. Somehow our super-team in Dallas finished 13th in the West, so I switched teams and became a Blazer. I'm loving it there so far even if our record is 1-6 right now. (We've faced the Celtics, Mavericks, Heat, Kings, and a couple of other strong teams.)

I nearly recorded my first triple-double, and I'm averaging 22/6/6. Haven't had any scoring rampages yet, but it's only a matter of time before I drop 50 on someone again. :lol:

One thing I'm noticing, is the team that you play for in My Player always makes like five trades over the course of the season, and it throws off the chemistry. Luckily, Brandon Roy and I definitely have some chemistry and we've thrown multiple alley-oops to each other- something that never happened in any other team I've played with. (OKC, MIA, NYK, DAL).
rise
Contributor

Postby HyperYellow on Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:33 pm

I've got a season going with Minnesota:

Telfair
W. Johnson
Aminu
Love
Oden

E. Curry
Beasley (6th man)
DeRozan
Ellington
Bayless

Milicic
Teague

Tolliver

We're 17-3 in a 29 game season and all players are +1 or +2 on overall ratings, and our chemistry is 100%

Losing does drop your chemistry by 2%-3% each time, but with a week between games sometimes, it's usually back to 100% by the time the next game comes around.

I think what I'm trying to say is that having lesser lights (like Telfair and Aminu) starting will boost their morale and the team's chemistry. You can't have too many stars on your roster.
HyperYellow

Previous

Return to NBA 2K11