NBA 2k11 Bugs/Glitches

Talk about NBA 2K11 here.

Re: NBA 2k11 Bugs/Glitches

Postby justinpot on Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:16 pm

ok this bug/glitch is getting really annoying,whenever i select the quit game option whenever i finish a game it crashes to my desktop

PC
justinpot

Postby homicide1550 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:27 am

Platform: PC
My Player mode

I am playing with the Knicks, Amare Stoudemire just picked up his 6th foul which means he needs to be taken out of the game but for some reason he stays in and finishes the game. This has happened to me on two separate occasions. I checked the rules settings and it has 6 fouls as the limit. Hopefully 2K Sports can fix this.
homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby JaoSming on Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:33 am

Bleh,

Jordan Challenge, The Arrival

Endless loop of Jordan talking in a timeout during the 3rd quarter break. Unskippable.

First time playing Jordan Challenge and first "gamebreaking" glitch I've had for 2K11.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby homicide1550 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:02 am

Platform: PC
My Player mode

Damn 2K11 keeps on firing/hiring coaches, even for the teams that are doing pretty well (e.g. Lakers are the top seed in the West but fired Phil, and hired Popovich who was also fired by the Spurs). I know coaches doesn't really matter that much when you are playing but I just want more realism. It's pretty annoying, hopefully they can also address when they release a patch.
homicide1550
Quality Over Quantity

Postby Spree#8 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:40 am

PC, My Player mode.

The Teammate Grade engine this year is horrible. Absolutely horrible. First of all, "bad steal attempts". Basically every time you try to steal the ball, it's a bad steal attempt. Sometimes even if I actually do tip the pass, the game will have already decided that it was a bad steal attempt.

Next, "shot selection". Pretty often I find myself getting a "bad shot selection" on close, easy, open shots and "good shot selection" for pulling up in my man's face. I keep the jumpshot feedback on all the time and I figure it has something to do with your release timing. Almost always when I take a good, open shot but screw up the release I get a bad shot selection, but if I take pretty much the same shot and get the release right, it will be a good shot selection.

And of course, the switch on defense logic. I'm just out of words for it. I have no idea how many times exactly I've been charged for not my man scoring so far, but it happens a lot every game. Countless times I'm guarding a guy, my teammate gets lost guarding his man, he gets wide open and while he's taking the open shot the game switches me to him so I can take the hit for him scoring. Often someone from the opposing team gets the rebound, throws a very unrealistic full court pass (hell yeah, for the CPU they always connect, for me never, and it doesn't matter who's passing) to his teammate on the break for an open dunk and I get charged with "allow man to score" (even though he wasn't my man) and "bad transition defense" (even though by the time the pass was thrown I hadn't even gotten out of the paint yet after fighting for a rebound). The most extreme situation I've had so far: four players in the paint fighting for a rebound - me, my teammate and 2 bigmen from the other team. One of them grabbed the offensive rebound, passed to the other and he dunked the ball. I got charged with BOTH "allow offensive rebound" and "allow man to score" even though it was done by 2 different players and there was my teammate in the paint who should be responsible for one of them. The switch on defense logic in this game is so terrible that it would be really hard to make it any worse. Of course it's needed in the game and the concept is good, but the way it's done is completely unacceptable and I feel I'd be a lot better off without it as well as all the other "revolutionary changes" made to the Teammate Grade this year. Yeah, I definitely prefer occasionally get "allow man to score" when I'm not guarding my man because of a switch than be made responsible for half of the freaking team scoring.

The "hold ball too long" comes way too fast, for a PF at least. Sometimes I feel like it's best for me to not even get involved in the offense at all and just contribute with rebounds and defense, because before I manage to get the ball, set up in the post, back the guy down and do a move I will get "hold ball too long" for sure and I don't have a good jumpshot yet, so that's not an option. You can also forget about beginning to post after getting an offensive rebound and backing out of the paint unless you want to get "hold ball too long" and that's what I often used to do in 2K10.

CPU steals are often ridiculous, but that can be toned down with the sliders (unfortunately not in MP mode and Jordan Challenge), so it's not that big of a deal.

Also, the game for some reason refuses to give me the milestone for shooting 60+% FG while taking at least 10 shots in a game even though I've done it twice already. I've had the same issue in 2K10 with the milestone for playing in the ASG.

And the game just randomly crashed on me when I wanted to exit to the menu after a long OT game in which I played 48 minutes and got 20 points, 25 rebounds and 4 blocks. I think you can guess how damn ecstatic I am about it.

9.5/10 my ass. At least until they patch the major issues. Hopefully we won't have to wait half a year for it like last year.
Spree#8

Postby Sanada.K on Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:39 am

PC

I'm having troubles with missing players in association. I ran a few tests in association. Any team with a 14-15 man roster, the 12 man in the rotation will go missing. I tried 13, 14 and 15 man roster respectively and the 12th man will always missing. 12 man roster works but not gonna help say if I got injured players. This is ridiculous. I hope the patch addresses these problems mentioned.
Sanada.K

Postby search and destroy on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:54 am

Ive seen a couple replies that sums it up but:

xbox 360 --

♣ Game freezes at a black loading screen, after trying to load a 'My Player' saved game. (i.e. saved after a quarter)
♣ Hiring/Firing of coaches in an endless loop.. Very, very annoying
♣ When a player is supposed to foul out in 'My Player' mode, they DO NOT leave the court.
search and destroy

Postby imefimef on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:56 am

homicide1550 wrote:Platform: PC
My Player mode

Damn 2K11 keeps on firing/hiring coaches, even for the teams that are doing pretty well (e.g. Lakers are the top seed in the West but fired Phil, and hired Popovich who was also fired by the Spurs). I know coaches doesn't really matter that much when you are playing but I just want more realism. It's pretty annoying, hopefully they can also address when they release a patch.

Yes i was like WTF, all the good choaches got fired, and for cavs(my team) we've had at least 4 coaches already and we've gone past 40 games, like the guy above me said the hold ball too long comes up way too damn much, and im sf(a point foward) so anytime i get the ball i have to go score immediately cuz if i try setting up a play or waiting for a play to develop for an assist like the whole bar gets taken off and im, like WTF!!!!
Still i think its better than 2K10 in other ways but they need to fix this stuff asap......hope pc gamers don't have to wait till may next year tho
They say "b!tc#" is the new black, well i say black is the new president b!tc#.
imefimef

Postby alan on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:06 am

PC

The game crashes when I try and load 2kShare game sliders.
Specs: AMD Phenom II x4 955 @3.60ghz. ATI HD5770 1GB. 12gb DDR3, Dell 24" lcd @1920x1080
alan

Postby gOry on Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:44 pm

PC

i dont know why,no game wrap up or pressbook or highlights before during or after games..anyone know how to solve this?
gOry

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:46 am

I dont get it during My Player games when I am on the bench at the end of the half/game. do you get them during quick games? Did you ever get them?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby volvic on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:16 am

Wondering if this is a bug:

When I go to the save menu to try to save a season it says "can not create game on disk. saved failed!"
volvic

Postby koberulz on Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:55 am

JaoSming wrote:Bleh,

Jordan Challenge, The Arrival

Endless loop of Jordan talking in a timeout during the 3rd quarter break. Unskippable.

First time playing Jordan Challenge and first "gamebreaking" glitch I've had for 2K11.

You got that far? I've had that occur at quarter time every time I've attempted the Jordan Challenge.
koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby wade_03 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 am

There's a charging foul bug that 2K has to fix. It is so annoying I'm actually drawing legit charges with various players and nothing happens there's either no calls or a blocking call when it really is a charge. Someone needs to fix it I even played with charging fouls on 100 and blocking on 30 and still no call for charges only blocks or players being run over its so unfair. Does anybody have a fix for it, or do we have to wait for a 2K patch, do 2K even know its an issue?
wade_03

Postby BlockMe1 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:01 am

Spree#8 wrote:PC, My Player mode.

The Teammate Grade engine this year is horrible. Absolutely horrible. First of all, "bad steal attempts". Basically every time you try to steal the ball, it's a bad steal attempt. Sometimes even if I actually do tip the pass, the game will have already decided that it was a bad steal attempt.

Also, the game for some reason refuses to give me the milestone for shooting 60+% FG while taking at least 10 shots in a game even though I've done it twice already. I've had the same issue in 2K10 with the milestone for playing in the ASG.

And the game just randomly crashed on me when I wanted to exit to the menu after a long OT game in which I played 48 minutes and got 20 points, 25 rebounds and 4 blocks. I think you can guess how damn ecstatic I am about it.

Are those for real? :shock:
Man I have yet to try My Player, because of the Crashing Bug & possible change in Attribute Caps. Didn't know there are these big issues as well.
That's awful. :(
The only correct actions are those that demand no explanation and no apology.
- Red Auerbach
BlockMe1

Postby Onisak on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:34 am

I can't load most of the 2K Share sliders, the game crashes... :( Can anyone help?
Onisak

Postby gOry on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:17 pm

JaoSming wrote:I dont get it during My Player games when I am on the bench at the end of the half/game. do you get them during quick games? Did you ever get them?
that is the weird things,im sure i get them before,because i use it as reference to adjust my game slider...i play quick game,situation,and association... :?
In MP mode,i guess you must on the court at the end of the game to see it..
gOry

Postby Leon43 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:51 am

PC version:
Lakers @ Nuggets. Kobe charge Andersen, reffery call foul, and KOBE :shock: goes to line shot 2 !?
Impossible.
Leon43

Postby wade_03 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:04 am

wade_03 wrote:There's a charging foul bug that 2K has to fix. It is so annoying I'm actually drawing legit charges with various players and nothing happens there's either no calls or a blocking call when it really is a charge. Someone needs to fix it I even played with charging fouls on 100 and blocking on 30 and still no call for charges only blocks or players being run over its so unfair. Does anybody have a fix for it, or do we have to wait for a 2K patch, do 2K even know its an issue?

B.Kobe wrote:PC version:
Lakers @ Nuggets. Kobe charge Andersen, reffery call foul, and KOBE :shock: goes to line shot 2 !?
Impossible.

Yeah exactly what I'm dealing with? Is this problem only on PC there has to be a fix for it it is so annoying there are no charges in the game. Somebody has to have a fix for this bug. :|
wade_03

Postby kevin02 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:27 am

1st glitch: a lot of players are named "memo" on NBA.com
2nd glitch: This one is making me mad! In association mode for some teams including mine it doubles the number of games I play each year! For one season I think my team won around 60 games and lost around 100. Then half the teams have normal records. Anyone else had this happen to them yet?
kevin02

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:35 am

Stickied for convenience.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby wonderBOi on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:41 am

Thanks Andrew.

I got this very annoying bug last night while playing blacktop on 2v2. After blocking an opponent's shot, the ball went away then all the plyer's upper bodies are gone. Only the lower part of the bodies are left. Scary! Will post a photo and video when i get my hands on my pc
wonderBOi

Postby RIN on Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:16 pm

Ha that's one funny glich :D

I guess he's just exercising... :D
RIN

Postby kadel_23 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:44 am

ON pc, Impossible to play a save "my player" game,crash every time. So i'm gonna have to either start a new "MP" or wait till January to get a patch on pc.
kadel_23

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:30 am

I was trying out My Player last night and it didn't crash once, during gameplay or when I tried to save. Is it happening under certain conditions or after you've progressed past a certain point?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K11